• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Triangle Strategy |ST| Romance of the Three Angles [NSW|PC]

Choose your conviction!

• Utility

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Morality

Votes: 15 20.0%
  • Liberty

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • One does not simply choose a conviction.

Votes: 50 66.7%

• Total voters
Managed to play for about two hours. I already knew the soundtrack is amazing, but I have to mention it again, it's just that good.

Finished Chapter 1 and will have to do the exploration phase for Chapter 2 next. Looking forward to really start sinking my teeth into it tomorrow.

The way I'm going into this without playing the demo, without reading up on the story or characters, without really knowing what the convictions system locks you into or out of...both excited and scared for me.

Wonder how many playthroughs over how many years this'll get out of me.

Are the moral choices always presented in the same order?

TOP utility
MIDDLE morality
BOTTOM liberty

I was really hoping this game would have a better icon since the box art is sublime and BD2 was a step in the right direction, but I should have known better after Octopath.

Still can’t wait to dive in!

Hughette and Anna are the best. Love them girls.

I'm six chapters in now and wow do I feel bad for (chapter 6 spoilers)
Dragan. He was beginning to have a genuinely wholesome friendship with Serenoa, then makes an extremely dumb decision and gets murdered with his body left to rot, achieving nothing like everyone predicted he would.

One question I had after playing the prologue demo already answered as soon as I open the box:

Sprites of bandit leader and his daughter spotted! I was hoping both would show back up as recruitable characters. Seeing them stand atop the little lego-diorama looking hill of the first battle is the moment I officially fell in love with the look of the game.

I also see the mysterious dancer lady I ran into at the tourney who I had pegged as eventual recruit, too, after recognizing one the first demo's recruitable characters making a cameo appearance at the same scene.

Will be fun to discover all the hidden recruits on subsequent playthroughs who loiter around in the background way before you know who they are on the first go.

Are the moral choices always presented in the same order?

TOP utility
MIDDLE morality
BOTTOM liberty

Yes, but you ain't got the right order. At least judging by the prologue. I'm only starting - well, continuing - with the full game now.

Played the first couple of hours. Really enjoying this, the opening explanations of who the courts of the factions are is quite well handled, both brisk and also believable- each faction having a range of characters that fit well into the setting. It’s nice being able to do the free battles to break up the cut scenes a bit. Music is great and I love the main force already, it’s nice when your group of advisors and warriors come across as really capable rather than a collection of idiots with comedy cliches that somehow muddle through the battles.

Is the difficulty adjustable mid-campaign? I'm thinking I'll try the demo this weekend.

I've played about 2 or 3 chapters, and I have to say I love everything about it!

I'm already so invested in all the characters and the story! I just love interacting with every npc so scrape information together.

Ofcourse I get very knees weak arms spaghetti when I have to make actual choices that matter. XD

I just wonder how easy it'll be to play different routes etc. Like is it smart to make multiple save files, or can you just do one proper playthrough and then skip to the big changes post game. 🤔

But yeah, loving my time with this game and I hope it stays as good as it is now!

Ofcourse I get very knees weak arms spaghetti when I have to make actual choices that matter. XD
Tell me about it, I am just sitting there, contemplating. Even after I have made a choice I am still pondering it. Even with basic dialogue choices.

Just picked up the game, awesome boxart. I will continue tonight from chapter 4, cannot wait. I will park Elden Ring for a couple of weeks; that one will take me months to complete so no hurry.

Yup, can be changed at any time.
Not at home rn, so I can not check, but I wonder if this is true for hard mode as well, as in whether you are being locked out of it once you lower your difficulty.

Not that I would be doing a hard mode run anytime soon anyway, but I am curious how they handle it here, as doing that generally does lock you out of it in most games to my recollection.

I am loving it. Since I took the day off, I was able to play all the way to Chapter 6.

There is indeed a lot of dialogue early on, but then it seems things pick up around Chapter 4 or so. Even when I was going through the dialogue-heavy early parts of the game I was enjoying it, though. The plot is really good and so are the characters.

Where is the hype? Seems like barely anyone is talking about this. Having a blast!
It is a niche (Strategy) within a niche (JRPG), so this was to be expected.

If you are not Fire Emblem, you are going to have a hard time to get some mindshare. Hopefully word of mouth will be good enough for people to notice.

How is the save system?

I realise that it can ruin the challenge if you can save at any time, so you save just before a major decision, but on the other hand, it's hell when you have several hours of gameplay under your belt and you want to go and do something else but you have no idea if the game has saved or not.

Is there autosave, or do you manually save, and how often can you do so?

Thanks in advance.

How is the save system?

I realise that it can ruin the challenge if you can save at any time, so you save just before a major decision, but on the other hand, it's hell when you have several hours of gameplay under your belt and you want to go and do something else but you have no idea if the game has saved or not.

Thanks in advance.
It’s got autosave and manual save slots. It makes quick saves during a battle, you can’t make a manual save mid-battle, but can access the main menu and make one between each cut scene/exploration scene/battle etc.

I was able to get a physical copy so Im pretty happy about it (here in my country Spain its hard sometimes to get physical copies of JRPG that arent Nintendo published or FF if you dont pre-order) once I finish my Nocturne playthrough I will get into it

How is the save system?

Thanks in advance.

And you can basically save after every "scene", be it a battle or simple plot progression.

I read there's also a temporary quicksave during battles, I guess for if you need to take a break mid-game.

As for keeping track of save files because of differing paths, I am not sure about that, but I did find a flowchart type of thing in the game.
So maybe it's not necessary to save after every big turning point? I can't say for sure though!

a brand new art huh. i guess this probably one of the candidate for final boxart before they settled down with the lone serenoa ones

Does anyone know if theres a way to restart a battle? I haven't been able to find it yet so far.
I also just found the answer to this!

If you press X during battle, you open the Battle Menu and from there if you click on System, you get the option to Retreat! (You can also Suspend from there)

Saves me from closing and reopening the game lmao

Brilliant - the save system sounds fine.

Turned-based strategy is ending up as a well-represented genre on the Switch. Not quite at DS level yet, but good nonetheless.

This game is pure comfort food to me. It is such a perfect blend of strategy game and almost visual novel style presentation with how dialogue heavy it is, and I absolutely love it for it.

Two personal GotY candidates releasing within a week of each other, and it only is the first week of March, smh.

Edit: Also, Anna is the best unit.

Last edited:
This game is pure comfort food to me. It is such a perfect blend of strategy game and almost visual novel style presentation with how dialogue heavy it is, and I absolutely love it for it.

Two personal GotY candidates releasing within a week of each other, and it only is the first week of March, smh.

Anna is a beast! I agree on that point. I have been doing some pretty cool ambushes using her.

Anna is a beast! I agree on that point. I have been doing some pretty cool ambushes using her.

Anna and Roland are both so good from the flanks I keep sending them the long way around and underestimating the travel time so they actually end up seeing the least action because when they eventually arrive on the scene, my main force has already been deep in the thick of it for several rounds. They mob up when they do, though.

Erador is a total workhorse keeping enemies away from the backline. Unfortunately he falls behind in levels easily, being so unselfish and not taking a lot of kills.

Any idea on how long this game is? Might bite if it's not overly long and play it to relax before bed.

tbh they should've named the game TriStrategy or something. Sounds slightly less silly and also kinda funny, like "try strategy"
What did I tell my friend when he was stuck trying to brute force a chapter? "TriStrategy"

tbh they should've named the game TriStrategy or something. Sounds slightly less silly and also kinda funny, like "try strategy"
What did I tell my friend when he was stuck trying to brute force a chapter? "TriStrategy"
nah. ever since bravely default, team asano's non-sequel game so far have the exact letter count for the 2 words they used. until the pattern broke, just expect any new, original game from them will have the same naming style

Why is that? Relaxing?

Unlike other games that rely on looking nice in docked mode, this game's artstyle looks nice in either, plus lots of voiced dialogue inbetween battles just feels cozier in bed and in handheld rather than staring at a TV screen to me.

how in the hell did I not notice that this came out. Damn gonna try and pick it up tomorrow haha

MyNintendo US has a second printable cover available to download for 30 platinum coins if anyone wants one.

The story is intrueging, and I like how the game throws characters at you all with unique abilities. Having story segments, then a preperation/exploration phase and then combat is a pretty good formula. I'm loving the game so far. The game surprises in every encounter.

So who were your recruits in Chapter 5? I got Julio and Narve, and they both seem to have nice utility. Also, I just love the design of the former for some reason, despite its simplicity.

Decided to go with Hyzante in Chapter 3 and a familiar face from the Prologue Demo joined my ranks, which was nice.

All in all, I have to say that so far, each unit is pretty unique in their abilities, though I suspect there will be some amount of overlap the more additional recruits you find.

So who were your recruits in Chapter 5? I got Julio and Narve, and they both seem to have nice utility. Also, I just love the design of the former for some reason, despite its simplicity.

Decided to go with Hyzante in Chapter 3 and a familiar face from the Prologue Demo joined my ranks, which was nice.

All in all, I have to say that so far, each unit is pretty unique in their abilities, though I suspect there will be some amount of overlap the more additional recruits you find.

I got Piccoletta and Narve.

I can't see me making prominent use of. Firstly because she is a child, but mostly because her utility is tied to item consumption and I'm the notoriously stingy type of RPG player. So far her main, well, only use has been in her ability do summon a decoy that soaks backstabs instead of my troops. Even there she lacks the HP pool to really act as a pseudo-tank, though.

The other kid immediately became a must-include. One unit covering all four elemental magic classes, and the best spells of each, too? Yeah, I'll overlook the fact he's probably a minor for that.

Back
Top Bottom