• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Spoiler TotK non-spoiler spoilers |Q&A| The wait is maddening

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to know if there are a decent amount of new weapons? Fuse obviously will up the number by a ton but I mean like new base weapons. From what you all have seen.

Anything on either of these yet?
Does the game support HD Rumble?
You know what, I do have something else I want to ask besides the HD Rumble question—is there either any kind of weapon storage or a way to repair durability this time so that I don’t have to worry about my inventory being full of amiibo weapons that I want to keep but not risk breaking?

I want to know if there are a decent amount of new weapons? Fuse obviously will up the number by a ton but I mean like new base weapons. From what you all have seen.
Doesn't seem like it, there's some but I think Fuse is the main focus.

There was that patent about aerial combat a few years back. I think we see it in action in some of the previews. But I'm wondering how featured it is in the game. In my head I can imagine it being really awesome. Is aerial combat used in a prominent or cool way? Or is it ultimately just a "neat" but minor addition?

What's something the game doesn't do as well as Botw?
BotW benefited from being something entirely brand new and the first of its kind. TotK has it's own wonderful and exciting identity, but it still shares a lot of the same DNA. In some respects, it's impossible for TotK to be anything but the bigger, better, sexier version of BotW. It's what everyone wanted, but it's also, at times, overly familiar. Not a bad thing by any stretch, and I doubt many people will care

BotW benefited from being something entirely brand new and the first of its kind. TotK has it's own wonderful and exciting identity, but it still shares a lot of the same DNA. In some respects, it's impossible for TotK to be anything but the bigger, better, sexier version of BotW. It's what everyone wanted, but it's also, at times, overly familiar. Not a bad thing by any stretch, and I doubt many people will care
So, Banjo-Tooie

Anybody know if they brought back some equivalent to the Test of Strength shrines? Like, are there any shrines where you have to fight a tricked-out Zonai Construct or something similar?

Also curious if Guardian Stalkers are back as well, or if Nintendo put in some other absolutely terrifying overworld enemy instead.

I said "Banjo-Tooie"

KazooieTooie2.png

Is there any new tribe in this game?

Are there more than 2 new towns in this?

Was there a "wow" moment much later in the game that you didnt see early on?

Was there an "wow" story moment?

Yrah I need a hype dose lol

Bump in case there is an answer to even one of these questions!

ez race scrub
I don't find it hard either, I just find it an annoying challenge on replays. To continue to go wildly off topic for a moment, I feel that BT is a class of games like the original NES Metroid that gets better the more times you replay it and the better you know what to do. This makes them hard to recommend to people in a vacuum, even if I like them a ton.

I think comparisons to anything about weapons to BotW, including durability, are too simple to really grok the new mechanics. I'd argue yes, but the player will care about different things than they did in BotW. This is about the base gear giving weapon type, speed, length, and modifiers, and then the fused item determining the power boost, damage type, and any other types of synergies with the base item. There's new base items with new modifiers, and there's a bunch of fuse items that don't correspond to what was in BotW. Some base differences between weapons just matter more here even.
Was there a "wow" moment much later in the game that you didn't see early on?
Yes, there's been lots and lots. The game is way too large and dense, and players will be surprised well past the 100 hour mark. There's just too many objectives.

I’m following a main quest from Impa and cannot find her at the Forgotten temple - Cado says she has travelled inside, and there is a yellow circle marker on the map but I can’t find any entrance…..help?

the temple is super long and is the end of the long canyon nearby. It was an area in BotW.

I guess it is important to note that a lot of quest markers are vague, and you have to read the quest log to discern how to get to a specific spot.
What's something the game doesn't do as well as Botw?
I'd argue that BotW giving the player way more freedom helps it define itself as its own game. TotK is wildly larger, but many side things are blocked by other quests in a way that BotW didn't do. TotK feels way more RPG-like than what was already the most RPG-like Zelda game (yes, more than Zelda 2), and not everybody wants an RPG.

Last edited:
I am curious about what carries over from BOTW, i know about the horses and the picture with the champions but does the progress reached on the house in Hateno Village carry over too?

I am curious about what carries over from BOTW, i know about the horses and the picture with the champions but does the progress reached on the house in Hateno Village carry over too?
no the horses and the pictures are the only things that carry over.

I'd argue that BotW giving the player way more freedom helps it define itself as its own game. TotK is wildly larger, but many side things are blocked by other quests in a way that BotW didn't do. TotK feels way more RPG-like than what was already the most RPG-like Zelda game (yes, more than Zelda 2), and not everybody wants an RPG.

Extremely happy to hear this personally. Not because it suits me (even though it does), but because my closest friend might actually play and finish this one. He fell off because of the lack of structure in combination with the lack of narrative.

A question regarding loading screens / transitions

In BotW, there are loading screens when entering shrines and divine beasts. Are there load screens in TotK when entering these types of areas or is everything seamless?

A question regarding loading screens / transitions

In BotW, there are loading screens when entering shrines and divine beasts. Are there load screens in TotK when entering these types of areas or is everything seamless?
loading screen but wayyyy faster this time

Watching a botw retrospective made me curious about something

some of the most interesting and memorable moments of botw for me were the unique shrine puzzles, eg. Kass riddles making you play with the game's mechanics in unexpected ways.... using lightning, shadows, so on... how do they keep those fresh in the same world?

So without being too descriptive and without going into its seize, how are the impressions of the underground area?
Impressive, but I could see elements of it being divisive. Pretty different gameplay loop from the above ground

So without being too descriptive and without going into its seize, how are the impressions of the underground area?
Mixed

From what I've seen some people have it as their favorite part of the game and others seem to not care for or actively dislike it

Hope people don't mind a post-release question:

Is there a secret ending or some kind pre-/post-credits addition for fulfilling certain criteria? If so, does it have to do with clearing all the shrines? Only yes/no/it's complicated please

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has very specific rules in regards to spoilers and spoiler tags. Please read them in the OP before posting. Breaking these rules will result in a temporary or permanent threadban.

Back
Top Bottom