• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Spoiler TotK non-spoiler spoilers |Q&A| The wait is maddening

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2

Hopefully this thread will ease some of the tension others (and I) are feeling.

Let this be a safe place to ask specific questions and get specific responses from those who have seen or played the game, without having anything else revealed.

I'm tagging this with spoilers to err on the safe side. There will be spoilers in this thread, although there must be a few conditions set first:

1. ALL SPOILERS MUST BE TAGGED, NO EXCEPTIONS. Every single hint, suggestion, implication, or direct answer must be hidden behind a spoiler tag. If you don't read this and end up not following the rule, you'll at least have seen the spoiler tag on the thread title. No exceptions!

2. Use [ SPOILER ] (regular spoiler tags), NOT [ ISPOILER ] (inline spoiler tags). Inline spoiler tags have trouble working in some environments.

3. People answering questions must only answer the question they're responding to

4. No unmarked spoilers! See #1

Oooh I love this thread idea. I want vague general details and impressions with very few spoilers, this is perfect.

Here's a question to start: how does the game live up to your hype?
While there's still a few elements I'll have to see for myself since I'm only reading descriptions and not looking at pictures or footage, I would say it far surpasses it.

Oooh I love this thread idea. I want vague general details and impressions with very few spoilers, this is perfect.
Yeah, if only this existed early yesterday so I wouldn't have spoiled myself on much info lol. Thankfully I only know raw numbers for shrines/shrine-esque puzzles and such, no story or boss info, but still.

in my case it's actually more like the leaks created hype, I didn't like the first game so I was always coming at this from a place of skepticism(although the final trailer did make me feel cautiously optimistic)

anyways I have hype now yes, and more of it than I thought realistically possible

@bellydrum might we want to mandate use of SPOILER rather than ISPOILER? The latter has display issues on some environments IIRC.
Yeah, good idea, I'll include that in the OP if an admin or someone wants to edit the existing comments.

Great idea.

So a general question I would like to ask is:
Will people who wanted (better) dungeons be satisfied with what totk has to offer?
Depends. The structure is still like the Divine Beasts, but they're a lot larger, heavily themed, they have unique linear leadup sections and boss fights, and you gain a new power for that dungeon before actually entering it.

Great idea.

Will people who wanted (better) dungeons be satisfied with what totk has to offer?

without going into too much detail i'd say most people would be and I personally am
some people may not be if they wanna be super strict about how they define things though(but again we're probably talking about a pretty clear minority here)

Nice idea to dance around the leaks but still participating in the hype somehow. :D

My question:
Is the game world larger than you expected and/or larger than the trailers hinted at?
No details about what new areas are in, please.
100%. It's kinda insane how much they hid from us in the marketing.

Nice idea to dance around the leaks but still participating in the hype somehow. :D

My question:
Is the game world larger than you expected and/or larger than the trailers hinted at?
Much larger than I suspected and the trailers seemed to suggest to me

My question:

Significantly larger, without spoiling anything. They showed NOTHING

My question:

yes and i'd say probably even larger than whatever most peoples best case scenario would have been

Great idea.

it's kinda a compromise between old and botw style. Probably the best way it could be done. The old lock and key style was never really going to work in a game like this

Do we have an inkling of how the "ally" character mechanic works? In the trailer it seems to imply you can fight alongside the current champions, and that you can fight alongside generic town npcs.

I guess to make the questions more specific, are the sequences where you have/fight alongside allies tied to specific areas like dungeons or some kind of new side event mechanic? Or can you eventually just call allies to help in combat when you want?

Does this game BotW obsolete? If you had to guess.
I don't think obsolete is the right word, TotK wouldn't exist without it and BotW is the foundation for this game. That said, TotK definitely looks like much more fun gameplaywise.

Hype is about as expected. The trailers and leaks haven’t changed it either way. TotK is the sequel to one of the greatest games ever made. I know I’ll enjoy it. However, I rarely buy games on launch day for full price, and the price bump certainly didn’t help to that end.

If TotK gets some kind of Switch successor enhancement, even better. I’ll wait even longer then. I don’t care about spoilers because it’s the NBA playoffs so I’m not avoiding YouTube which means the algorithm will inevitably show me something I’d rather not see including and especially Zelda-related content.

Mod Edit: Add Spoiler tag

Hype is about as expected. The trailers and leaks haven’t changed it either way. TotK is the sequel to one of the greatest games ever made. I know I’ll enjoy it. However, I rarely buy games on launch day for full price, and the price bump certainly didn’t help to that end.

If TotK gets some kind of Switch successor enhancement, even better. I’ll wait even longer then. I don’t care about spoilers because it’s the NBA playoffs so I’m not avoiding YouTube which means the algorithm will inevitably show me something I’d rather not see including and especially Zelda-related content.
Read the OP and TAG YOUR POST

Nice thread!

After tutorial area, are there items or abilities that change the gameplay and open up new stuff like old Zelda games(not stuff to get you stronger like champion abilities)?

Im dying just reading these hints at the quality of the game. I NEED IT NOW <3

My question is: could this game potentially surpass the GOAT Breath of the Wild?

I'll be honest. There are certain core features of the game that absolutely smashed our expectations but also core features that are very underwhelming to a lot of people.

Just trying to keep expectations in check, since the posts above me make it seem like all our dreams and demands are coming true. Fami is one of the most pro-totk places online so you are going to get the "GOAT game incoming!!!" posts no matter what the game is.

Do we have an inkling of how the "ally" character mechanic works? In the trailer it seems to imply you can fight alongside the current champions, and that you can fight alongside generic town npcs.

I guess to make the questions more specific, are the sequences where you have/fight alongside allies tied to specific areas like dungeons or some kind of new side event mechanic? Or can you eventually just call allies to help in combat when you want?
I can give a partial answer to this, specifically the second question.

It seems like the champions/sages accompany you through the dungeons. Defeating the boss allows you to take them outside of the dungeon. I have not seen anything about other partner characters like the town NPCs so I don't know how they work.

I'll be honest. There are certain core features of the game that absolutely smashed our expectations but also core features that are very underwhelming to a lot of people.

Just trying to keep expectations in check, since the posts above me make it seem like all our dreams and demands are coming true. Fami is one of the most pro-totk places online so you are going to get the "GOAT game incoming!!!" posts no matter what the game is.
I haven't seen any massive negatively, maybe /v/ but they are always like that

Love this thread idea. Court Records used to do something similar for new Ace Attorney games when they were out in Japan and it was always a good way to curate your engagement with spoilers. Well done to whoever had the idea!

I haven't seen any massive negatively, maybe /v/ but they are always like that

I never said mass negativity. But specific core elements like the
sky map
has been controversial to say the least, even here.

Great idea for a thread.

I don’t know a whole lot, and what I do know is mostly secondhand information. Aside from that, I also read the leaked art book front to back. At this point I’m still feeling fairly unspoiled so I’ll enjoy reading the responses here very much.

What is controversial about this? Tf
amount of Sky Islands is smaller than some expected, with the tutorial one being the biggest

That said there’s certain… other aspects that I think will minimize that complaint lol

My question:
While the jury is totally out on one significant element until we see the full scope of the game and any potential progression/evolution of a certain area (or lack thereof), on the whole, DEAR GOD yes the game world's total size has completely smashed my optimistic expectations

This is a stellar thread idea.

Question: Anything close to settlement/town/base/run down commune living off the land building in the game? Either as an actual game mechanic, or as something you could do for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has very specific rules in regards to spoilers and spoiler tags. Please read them in the OP before posting. Breaking these rules will result in a temporary or permanent threadban.

Back
Top Bottom