• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Spoiler TotK non-spoiler spoilers |Q&A| The wait is maddening

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
You should be more specific here, but this involves answers to some other question:

The surface is just the same surface limitations, The underworld is pretty much the same size as the overworld.

Probably about triple? Nearly everything is returning, with more varitaions, and different enemies in each biome. Overworld, Caves, Underworld, and Sky Islands all have their own sets of enemies for the most part. For example, caves in the early game have had various types of Horroblins, Like Likes, and the glowy frogs.
when you say each biome has new enemies, does this hold true for the stuff on the surface? Does the snow area have snow monsters, death mountain fire monsters, etc? Hugely exciting if true

when you say each biome has new enemies, does this hold true for the stuff on the surface? Does the snow area have snow monsters, death mountain fire monsters, etc? Hugely exciting if true

No, I meant:

Surface, Underworld, Caves, and Sky Islands are all distinct. The surface has the level of reuse similar to what you saw in BotW, except there's the various new enemy types, and that the overworld is probably only one chunk of the overall game. Caves are very different than the underworld. It's a huge game that has scaled up the number of enemies with the total explorable space, and then some.

Last edited:
any content-related questions I can think of, I immediately realize I’d rather just find out for myself lol

but I’d like to second Tye’s question: is there HD Rumble in this game?
I can’t believe we still don’t have an answer to this question not only after the previews dropped, but even now after the game has leaked. I’ve been searching but there’s been nothing so far, besides one person who played the previews being asked about it and giving a non-answer that didn’t even really make sense.

I don’t get it; it’s such a basic question that should be easily answered in the first moments of playing the game, but no one has definitively answered it yet… I know at least someone reading this out there must be playing a pirated copy of the game on a modded Switch at this point and should be able to give us this answer, so please… I’m really worried that the lack of an answer may be indicative of the game not supporting HD Rumble after all…

I can’t believe we still don’t have an answer to this question not only after the previews dropped, but even now after the game has leaked. I’ve been searching but there’s been nothing so far, besides one person who played the previews being asked about it and giving a non-answer that didn’t even really make sense.

I don’t get it; it’s such a basic question that should be easily answered in the first moments of playing the game, but no one has definitively answered it yet… I know at least someone reading this out there must be playing a pirated copy of the game on a modded Switch at this point and should be able to give us this answer, so please… I’m really worried that the lack of an answer may be indicative of the game not supporting HD Rumble after all…
It's a shame, but I just think it's that the people who've played it, particularly those having had been able to preview the game, have had bigger priorities in the short time frame they were able to play than if HD Rumble is in or not. I haven't heard much if any discussion about HD Rumble in Switch games the last couple of years, and while I think it'd be cool and make sense for TotK to have it, I doubt it's been a priority. If it had been in BotW I would unequivocally said with full confidence that it's in this game as well, but since it wasn't I honestly doubt it.

Edging: The Thread.
LMAO

Thanks for this thread! I've got a question:

As someone who spent 200 hrs on BotW combing through the landscape to find all the shrines and enough koroks to unlock all the item slots - I love what I've seen of the sky islands and the teases of underground, and I'm interested in exploring surface areas that feel substantially different. But I'm less excited about spending a substantial amount of time re-exploring areas that are like: the geography is the same but koroks and enemies are in different spots.

I'm confident that there will be plenty of new stuff to explore, but I have some concern that perhaps something like 75% of the surface will feel very similar to BotW, and that I'll still feel the need to explore it to be sure I'm not missing the 25% that is substantially different.

Is my concern valid? (And to be clear if, say, sure 75% of the world is very similar, but it's clear where to go to find the new/substantially altered areas without needing to stumble upon it through exploring those area, that would alleviate my concern)

yeah I feel like the settings menu usually (or always?) explicitly calls it HD Rumble in games that have it so it should be quick to check there even on an emulated copy… who knows! I’m not expecting it at this point either though

Yes or no: does the game have other constricted sections aside from the dungeons, caves, and shrines? I’m thinking of stuff like Eventide Island, Typhlo Ruins, etc.

It's a shame, but I just think it's that the people who've played it, particularly those having had been able to preview the game, have had bigger priorities in the short time frame they were able to play than if HD Rumble is in or not. I haven't heard much if any discussion about HD Rumble in Switch games the last couple of years, and while I think it'd be cool and make sense for TotK to have it, I doubt it's been a priority. If it had been in BotW I would unequivocally said with full confidence that it's in this game as well, but since it wasn't I honestly doubt it.
It shouldn’t have to be a priority to be able to acknowledge whether the game you’re playing is supporting HD Rumble or not, though. Like, if you’ve played a variety of Switch games before, you should already know what HD Rumble is like and be able to tell whether a game’s using it or not pretty easily even if it’s not something you were consciously thinking about before, assuming you’re playing with a controller that supports it.

I can cut people some slack during previews, I guess, because I’m sure they were overwhelmed with trying to take in everything they could in the limited time they had with the game, and I could see how something like HD Rumble may have slipped their mind even if they were feeling it being used because their attention wasn’t on that at the time, but it’s bizarre to me that we still don’t have an answer even now after the game has leaked in full.

Like you said, my worry is that since BotW didn’t use it, it’s very possible that TotK doesn’t use it either. But then Aonuma had said that he wishes they could have used it in BotW, so you’d hope that TotK, being made entirely for Switch from the start, would correct this…

oh also: can you pet the dogs this time…?

and (maybe answer in a separate spoiler tag) are there cats in this one?

Ok, here's something I've been wondering:

Have we seen any mini games or other "extracurricular" activities? And do they look fun?

Like, I'm sure they're there, but haven't heard anything about them. I loved running random minigames and activities while looking for shrines in BotW.

Are there towns that feel bigger than the settlements in the first game?

Do NPC interactions feel better worse or the same than previous game?

I'm eager to see maybe something like the old Hyrule. Answer no if old Hyrule is present or ignore if it is present or you dont know please!

Ok, here's something I've been wondering:

Have we seen any mini games or other "extracurricular" activities? And do they look fun?

Like, I'm sure they're there, but haven't heard anything about them. I loved running random minigames and activities while looking for shrines in BotW.

I can think of at least two recurring activities that weren't present in BotW, and probably a third.

The building building on all of the foundations and the "get a Korok to his friend by building some type of device to carry them over there" set of Korok seeds (paying out multiple seeds at a time). Also the hidden parts of caves that have the new collectible type.

Are there towns that feel bigger than the settlements in the first game?

Do NPC interactions feel better worse or the same than previous game?

I'm eager to see maybe something like the old Hyrule. Answer no if old Hyrule is present or ignore if it is present or you dont know please!

The existing towns are slightly larger, and I don't know how much the building building actually matters. Lookout research expo is not far from Hyrule Town ruins, and the ruins there have lots of tends and foundations.

NPCs got a glowup, IMO. I don't know how many I just don't recognize, but there's generally far more than before that look more detailed and distinct. They are still Zelda-as-Zelda NPCs though with all their quirks.

I can think of at least two recurring activities that weren't present in BotW, and probably a third.

The building building on all of the foundations and the "get a Korok to his friend by building some type of device to carry them over there" set of Korok seeds (paying out multiple seeds at a time). Also the hidden parts of caves that have the new collectible type.
What do you mean by the first part. Are we going to be making buildings?

Which of the leaked information would you like to not have known before playing the game? That would make you go "no way" if you hadn't known in advance?

Please absolutely no details. I just want to know the general area the leak is in, such as:

• Gameplay mechanic
  • World design
  • Level design
  • Shrine/dungeon
  • Music
  • Story
  • Characters

What do you mean by the first part. Are we going to be making buildings?
Yes, but I have no idea what they are for or when they are "complete". There's foundations with a bunch of building materials and signs from the previous construction people about what they are for, but I did not see any immediate impact. They are all over the goddamn place, including areas that have several.

Which of the leaked information would you like to not have known before playing the game? That would make you go "no way" if you hadn't known in advance?

Please absolutely no details. I just want to know the general area the leak is in, such as:

• Gameplay mechanic
  • World design
  • Level design
  • Shrine/dungeon
  • Music
  • Story
  • Characters
The size of the world

Last edited:
If you played/watched a lot of hours, do you think this game will have the same amount of impact of BOTW?
I think it'll be a Mario Galaxy situation. the leadup to Mario Galaxy 2 had people thinking it wouldn't be anywhere near as good as the first especially with some familiar content but it wound up reviewing better than the original. TOTK may have the familiar Hyrule working against it but there's so much NEW and done better than BOTW that I think it'll be just as impactful.

Also cause I didn't say it before, really great thread idea. hopefully this alleviates some people's concerns.

I think it'll be a Mario Galaxy situation. the leadup to Mario Galaxy 2 had people thinking it wouldn't be anywhere near as good as the first especially with some familiar content but it wound up reviewing better than the original. TOTK may have the familiar Hyrule working against it but there's so much NEW and done better than BOTW that I think it'll be just as impactful.
That's nice. As someone who vastly prefer Galaxy 2 over 1 it's good news. It will probably be really impactful for the minority that didn't played BOTW.

That's nice. As someone who vastly prefer Galaxy 2 over 1 it's good news. It will probably be really impactful for the minority that didn't played BOTW.
I think I posted it here but someone on Era said "they put Zelda back in Zelda" so make of that what you will.

I'm happy we have a middle way thread like this. This will be my home until release.

For a fun question: tell me a cool use of Fuse we haven't seen yet.

Question about the world design. Probably more detailed than some would like so click at your own discretion.

Is the underground mostly tunnels or is there flat plains underground. I’m having a difficult time picturing it.

I'm happy we have a middle way thread like this. This will be my home until release.

For a fun question: tell me a cool use of Fuse we haven't seen yet.

Accidentally fusing two of the Gliders together wing to wing so they are flying together in tandem but with their up down cycles out of sync and controlled by where you are standing on the tandem glider, failing to reach your destination and slamming into the ground and dying.

Question about the world design. Probably more detailed than some would like so click at your own discretion.

Is the underground mostly tunnels or is there flat plains underground. I’m having a difficult time picturing it.

GIANT SPOILER, as it is the only way to really answer the question in a way that gives a good impression.

It is mostly the entirety of Hyrule but split up in different ways. Gargantuan open areas and gargantuan height differences and loads of tunnels and underground lakes and structures

It's a bit disappointing that the overworld (or surface) is the same extension as BotW's Hyrule. I suppose most people expected it that way, but I would have loved perhaps more islands to the East, or a bit more of land to the north. To clarify: I'm commenting on something I've read on this thread, I'm avoiding spoilers. Sounds like sky and underworld are pretty substantial so I'm looking forward to that!

Oh and thank you for making this thread! It's just what I needed to satiate a bit of my hype.

someone can correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think I am: think of it like a dark world that you have to fall down to get to. The sky is the rock above you. It’s literally 1:1 with the overworld map size-wise. Tons of open fields

GIANT SPOILER, as it is the only way to really answer the question in a way that gives a good impression.

It is mostly the entirety of Hyrule but split up in different ways. Gargantuan open areas and gargantuan height differences and loads of tunnels and underground lakes and structures
are there multiple different unique looking and feeling biomes underground or does it all look kinda samey?

are there multiple different unique looking and feeling biomes underground or does it all look kinda samey?
I have a pretty simple answer, but it's a gigantic spoiler.

See for yourself. The top right is the Goron dungeon seamlessly integrated into the underground. I believe that there are differing weather types, but the biomes seem to be mostly the same:

SPOILER_n84zeu.jpg

Mod-edit, remove spoiler from spoiler title

I have a pretty simple answer, but it's a gigantic spoiler.

See for yourself. The top right is the Goron dungeon seamlessly integrated into the underground. I believe that there are differing weather types, but the biomes seem to be mostly the same:

SPOILER_n84zeu.jpg
I mean, the map screen doesn't mean too much here. Every region in BoTW's map also looks the same, for example

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has very specific rules in regards to spoilers and spoiler tags. Please read them in the OP before posting. Breaking these rules will result in a temporary or permanent threadban.

Back
Top Bottom