• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Spoiler TotK non-spoiler spoilers |Q&A| The wait is maddening

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question:
Not counting Hyrule Castle and/or the final dungeon, are there more then 4 dungeons in the game?

Last edited:
Question:
Not counting Hyrule Castle and/or the final dungeon, are there more then 4 dungeons in the game?
Maybe? There's reference to a dungeon in the files with an associated boss but it has fewer related files than the other 4-5 dungeons. But no one's gotten to it yet so we have no clue what it actually is

There are a fair handful of mini-dungeon esque environments though as well

Sky islands question:

Do we know whether more islands populate the sky later in the game? I remember seeing speculation on sky islands missing, but don't know whether that related to flashbacks or actual gameplay.

Asking here as the other threads are probably moving too fast

Sky islands question:

Do we know whether more islands populate the sky later in the game? I remember seeing speculation on sky islands missing, but don't know whether that related to flashbacks or actual gameplay.

Asking here as the other threads are probably moving too fast
I haven't seen any evidence that the "missing" sky islands from the trailers or footage are anything other than draw distance or maybe flashback issues

Will there be a day 1 patch? I'm assuming the build being played right now is pre-day 1 patch (similar to how Smash Ultimate was) ?

Also in terms of language options, will playing with Japanese Voice acting give me accurate subtitles or is it just dubtitles from the english VA?

Sorry if this was already asked, didn't read a lot of other questions/answers.

Is there an encyclopedia for plants and animals again, that you can complete like in BotW or even more expanded (more infos, with nice artwork like the recipes)?

Sorry if this was already asked, didn't read a lot of other questions/answers.

Is there an encyclopedia for plants and animals again, that you can complete like in BotW or even more expanded (more infos, with nice artwork like the recipes)?
strangely we still don't know. i don't even think we know if there's a camera yet.

I’m positive someone in this thread has already asked this but I’m just popping in to ask one question and don’t want to read every post in here so apologies in advance for the duplicate question if so!

I just want to know if there are a good number of changes in the mainland overworld compared to BOTW. Small changes or big changes I don’t want to really know I just want to know if there’s a decently large amount of differences from what you have seen.

This is such a good thread. Way to keep the community together in the final stretch after we’ve splintered into spoiler and non spoiler factions

I’m positive someone in this thread has already asked this but I’m just popping in to ask one question and don’t want to read every post in here so apologies in advance for the duplicate question if so!

I just want to know if there are a good number of changes in the mainland overworld compared to BOTW. Small changes or big changes I don’t want to really know I just want to know if there’s a decently large amount of differences from what you have seen.
yes. More than you think.

Maybe? There's reference to a dungeon in the files with an associated boss but it has fewer related files than the other 4-5 dungeons. But no one's gotten to it yet so we have no clue what it actually is

Thank you for the response.
Overall, do you think there is a lot more dungeony content compared to BotW, ignoring shrines and whatever the equivalent to shrines is in TotK (don't tell me whether TotK has shrines or not)?

Last edited:
Overall, do you think there is a lot more dungeony content compared to BotW, ignoring shrines and whatever the equivalent to shrines is in TotK (don't tell me whether TotK has shrines or not)?
Yes

I'm officially peace-ing out of the spoiler thread, but based on what you've seen so far, are you satisfied with the boss variety/boss fights themselves, the dungeon lead-up, and enemy variety?
Hm, I'd say I'm personally satisfied but I place lower priority on stuff like enemy and boss variety than most. Both are definitely a big step up from BoTW but unsure if they're on the level that some may be hoping for

Dungeon lead ups I am more interested in and very satisfied in

I know this is a very specific question, but I wanted to know if there's any more overworld bosses that I don't know about other than the ones I'm about to list:
  • Gleeok
  • Flux Construct
  • Big Slug w/ ore on back
  • Large Zonai Mecha
Please DON'T say the names of any remaining overworld bosses if they exist, or say how many are left I don't know about. I just want to know  if there are any I don't know about yet.

Thanks!

Ok on a scale of Breath of the Wild to Persona 5, where does the English VA land?

Questions: Is there any "building towns/settlements" in this game and what can you tell me about the process? Does it actually feel like you're fully rebuilding the world? Does it seem to have any actual impact on the look of the world?

Does it seem like there are more cutscenes in this game then in BOTW or is it about the same?

This thread saved me from flying too close to the sun. Joined Famiboards to say thank you for creating this thread!

Yes, Zelda does a fart joke during the intro section of the game, very jarring and out of place.

It seems that after the Super Mario Bros Movie there's gonna be more Illumination influence in Nintendo's IP
Oh come on, no spoiler tags?!? OMG I can't believe you spoiled that for me! More than anything else in this thread I wish I could've experienced that for myself, experienced it FRESH.

Yes, but there is no animation for it. At least from what I've read (admittedly low).
5vue.jpg

Yes. Still not sure if the number of main dungeons is going to be a lot higher, but overall there seems to be more interiors, puzzles, etc

What do you mean by mini dungeons. If you can please give a vague example (I.e. “a small castle” or “a small mineshaft”)

So I have seen a bit of the leaked footage and discussion about it, but I would say it was mostly information about the structure of the world. And it seems absolutely mind-boggling how much content there is in the game with all the changes and additions to Hyrule as well as the gameplay mechanics we already knew about. So for those who may have seen more than me: Does it come together? Does the game seem to overwhelm you with its systems and layers and contents or does it feel like a coherent experience?

So I have seen a bit of the leaked footage and discussion about it, but I would say it was mostly information about the structure of the world. And it seems absolutely mind-boggling how much content there is in the game with all the changes and additions to Hyrule as well as the gameplay mechanics we already knew about. So for those who may have seen more than me: Does it come together? Does the game seem to overwhelm you with its systems and layers and contents or does it feel like a coherent experience?

Everything is cohesive. For example, a streamer stumbled upon a deep cave and they fully explored it. Once they found the collectible they were looking for, they opted on using Ascend instead of backtracking in order to escape the cave. In doing so, they stumbled upon a shrine and another cave in the distance after reaching the surface.

The game is full of moments like that in which everything flows smoothly

Everything is cohesive. For example, a streamer stumbled upon a deep cave and they fully explored it. Once they found the collectible they were looking for, they opted on using Ascend instead of backtracking in order to escape the cave. In doing so, they stumbled upon a shrine and another cave in the distance after reaching the surface.

The game is full of moments like that in which everything flows smoothly
Thank you! That sounds absolutely amazing.

What do you mean by mini dungeons. If you can please give a vague example (I.e. “a small castle” or “a small mineshaft”)
An example would be something akin to the Labyrinths of BoTW (but a bit more involved)

Is there a new race or even if not a new race some new group of people or culture in game? (Not including the zonai)

I was wondering if there is
a. Minish and b. advanced Skyloft or Skyloft ruins

Has someone completed the game so far? How would you objectively rate the story compared to BotW?

PS: Really thanks to people who are answering this really appreciate it <3

Has someone completed the game so far? How would you objectively rate the story compared to BotW?

PS: Really thanks to people who are answering this really appreciate it <3

Honestly, I'm not watching many streams beyond the first few hours, and I'm not even aware of anybody having beaten the game. So my impression based on just the tutorial zone and the following hour or two:

There's just a lot more. Plot before the tutorial. More plot in the tutorial. More mandatory plot within the 30-60 minutes after the tutorial, and a lot more transparency on giving the player main quest chains involving other major characters. More, more, more.

So far 5 elemental dungeons are confirmed. Hyrule castle is fully explorable with a world boss at the end, but not really a main dungeon. Speculation is that the final dungeon is Ganondorf's Castle

Nobody has reached it quite yet
WHAT THE FUCK
Does this mean there’s technically 7 dungeons? How the fuck is Hyrule Castle just a side thing and not counting as a dungeon?

Mod edit: add spoiler tag

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has very specific rules in regards to spoilers and spoiler tags. Please read them in the OP before posting. Breaking these rules will result in a temporary or permanent threadban.

Back
Top Bottom