• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Spoiler TotK non-spoiler spoilers |Q&A| The wait is maddening

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
WHAT THE FUCK
Does this mean there’s technically 7 dungeons? How the fuck is Hyrule Castle just a side thing and not counting as a dungeon?
From what I read

Think something like Ganon’s Castle from WW for HC.

Main quest continues after it though.

Yeah... this thread became a bit too dangerous/risky for me.

I only been spoilt on so far
Apparently there are 5 elemental dungeons and there is a world boss in Hyrule castle

Damn. Was this supposed to be a fake out. I’d be pissed if I do lol that’s a pretty huge spoiler.
No, the boss is pretty clearly not the final boss once you see it and there’s no huge plot twist from what I could tell

So there’s no quest to reach Hyrule Castle? I thought that would be the final area. Weird that it’s an optional side area.
From what I understand, a quest does activate to go to HC after the four elemental dungeons, but then the main quest and additional dungeons follow after you clear HC and its boss.

Questions: Are Poes in the game? Do they look like the classic style of Poes? Any cemetery in the game? Can you go fishing with a fishing pole?

Last edited:
So there’s no quest to reach Hyrule Castle? I thought that would be the final area. Weird that it’s an optional side area.
seems to be tutorial, then quest for the for elementals like BotW, after completing those THEN you get HC quest (unsure what happens if you go to HX before that), then after you beat HC you get another quest for something that’s NOT the final boss yet.

Someone’s beaten it, but we don’t know what comes after and if it’s final boss or not yet

seems to be tutorial, then quest for the for elementals like BotW, after completing those THEN you get HC quest (unsure what happens if you go to HX before that), then after you beat HC you get another quest for something that’s NOT the final boss yet.

Someone’s beaten it, but we don’t know what comes after and if it’s final boss or not yet
So basically:
Tutorial
4 Dungeons
HC
1 Dungeon + ??? Something else
Final Boss

I thought there were six total dungeons

Welp, the thread had a good run. Back to ignore it goes.

Thank you all for answering questions!

So basically:
Tutorial
4 Dungeons
HC
1 Dungeon + ??? Something else
Final Boss

I thought there were six total dungeons
HC appears to be like, half a dungeon (doesn't have all the same elements as the other dungeons), but it's still an enemy gauntlet and boss fight there, then the one dungeon after it, we'll find out soon if there are more, THEN final dungeon. 6 so far if you don't include HC, 7 if you do.

HC appears to be like, half a dungeon (doesn't have all the same elements as the other dungeons), but it's still an enemy gauntlet and boss fight there, then the one dungeon after it, we'll find out soon if there are more, THEN final dungeon. 6 so far if you don't include HC, 7 if you do.
This is weird and confusing. How does the game structure work if there is an order to these things? Is it just that you can still fight the final boss if you reach it?

IMO, every single Spoiler should use the explicit labeling function of what inside of it, and that should be a hard requirement of the thread. There are zero on this page that are giving a suggestion as to the contents. This is one of the strengths of the technology supporting this forum, and the usage and clarity of how to enter text for the Spoiler button encourages good practices.

I caved! I watched several hours of streams and learned something big from the datamine! But people are just kind of leaving full game spoilers all over the place, and it isn't clear what a person knows when they are asking a question leading to some pretty massive scope creep of questions to where this page seemingly has full spoilers for the entire game, with less labeling, than all of the previous pages combined, while those earlier pages also had more labeling.

Last edited:
The first town has a dug up sculpture from the Depths that says "poes..." when you try to speak to it.
Come on now, just having "The Depths" is a spoiler.

I have some general questions for anyone who can answer:

• How is the progression in this game?
  • Is the exploration as open ended as BOTW?
  • How is the enemy variety?
  • Is there a big “gimmick” or “twist” that many people were expecting?
  • How is the music?
Thanks to anyone who answers, and to @bellydrum for the thread!

What do you mean?
Yes
Much better that BotW's
Yes, but almost nobody expected it to the extent that it occurs.
  • How is the music?
I don't know about this one, but I've been seeing some pretty good reactions to it.

yw bb

IMO, every single Spoiler should use the explicit labeling function of what inside of it, and that should be a hard requirement of the thread

This is already built into the requirements of the thread. No answer should go beyond what is specifically being asked, so the contents of the question should be the indicator as to what is being spoiled.

What do you mean?

Yes

Much better that BotW's

Yes, but almost nobody expected it to the extent that it occurs.

I don't know about this one, but I've been seeing some pretty good reactions to it.

yw bb
Thank you so much for your answers!

Follow ups:

For #1, I mean is the progression "flat" like BOTW/ALBW, or is there a clearly intended sequence of player power growth/difficulty increase like in the older games?

For #4, oh my... I think I will leave it at that though now I have a burning curiosity to find out more lol

For #1, I mean is the progression "flat" like BOTW/ALBW, or is there a clearly intended sequence of player power growth/difficulty increase like in the older games?
There is not an intended sequence, but the abilities you get feel a lot more like items that improve your ability to do things or get places, like past games

Question: Is the Triforce utilized in the story? How prominent in the story is it (don't want story spoilers)?

The website of the game says it has new towns. My question is: are these new towns comparable in scope to Hateno, Gerudo, etc.? Smaller? Bigger?

I have some general questions for anyone who can answer:

• How is the music?
going to try giving you clear answers while keeping you in the dark.

progression is more ALBW than BOTW.
you can still go anywhere and explore to your heart's content, but the world is overall more dense, so there may be more quests guiding you along the way, but AFAIK, nothing in the overworld is gated.
I'm personally really happy with it, and it seems like people keep discovering something new. it's miles better than BOTW.
that people were expecting, depends on who you are. me personally, I'll say yes AND no.
fucking slaps. way more present than BOTW and much more diverse instrumentation.
is great

Questions: Are Poes in the game? Do they look like the classic style of Poes? Any cemetery in the game? Can you go fishing with a fishing pole?
yes they are
no they don't
don't know
don't know

Is the final boss on the moon?
nobody has finished the game yet, but personally, i don't see how it could be.

The website of the game says it has new towns. My question is: are these new towns comparable in scope to Hateno, Gerudo, etc.? Smaller? Bigger?
genuinely don't think anyone found them yet, aside from the one on the surface. i'd say that one is comparable to Kakariko.

Couple of questions:
  • Has in-game photography improved in any way? In BotW you couldn't export your Slate's photos, for instance.
  • Is HUD customization still limited to a Pro/basic toggle? If so, have they made any changes to the Pro mode?

Is this a worthy conclusion of Nintendo's "trilogy of sequels that started out as DLC", which started with Majora's Mask, continued with Mario Galaxy 2 and ends with this game?

going to try giving you clear answers while keeping you in the dark.

progression is more ALBW than BOTW.
you can still go anywhere and explore to your heart's content, but the world is overall more dense, so there may be more quests guiding you along the way, but AFAIK, nothing in the overworld is gated.
I'm personally really happy with it, and it seems like people keep discovering something new. it's miles better than BOTW.
that people were expecting, depends on who you are. me personally, I'll say yes AND no.
fucking slaps. way more present than BOTW and much more diverse instrumentation.
is great
Thank you so so so much!

I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna follow up.

For #4

It's playable Zelda, isn't it?

Wow, this sounds like the best DLC ever.

lol why did anyone doubt this team
It’s weird. There’s just certain companies or people or groups who always get the benefit of the doubt because of their pedigree. The Zelda team is one of them.

I have been seeing multiple vehicle creations start blinking and disappear not just in the sky but on the surface as well, is this a boundary thing or a time limit thing? Does this disappear in the later game? I want freedom dammit.

Bzzt. Incorrect

As far as we know so far, Zelda is not playable
you are not, unfortunately.
aqua-konosuba.gif

Thank you for the answer!

Is Rex’s XBC 2 armour from BOTW in this?

Do you still get the falling stars coming from the sky?

Last edited:
The original reveal trailer for this back in 2019 got a lot of people excited because it gave the impression that this game was going to be a lot darker/weirder than BotW or even most other mainline Zelda games. The trailers since then haven't gone back to that same feeling quite as much, so I guess my question is if this game does get 'strange' like that original trailer implied, and is willing to play with mood/tone outside of the typical Zelda norm?

The original reveal trailer for this back in 2019 got a lot of people excited because it gave the impression that this game was going to be a lot darker/weirder than BotW or even most other mainline Zelda games. The trailers since then haven't gone back to that same feeling quite as much, so I guess my question is if this game does get 'strange' like that original trailer implied, and is willing to play with mood/tone outside of the typical Zelda norm?
YES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has very specific rules in regards to spoilers and spoiler tags. Please read them in the OP before posting. Breaking these rules will result in a temporary or permanent threadban.

Back
Top Bottom