• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Spoiler TotK non-spoiler spoilers |Q&A| The wait is maddening

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question. Is Ganondorf a good villain in this? I don't expect him to be a complex character, but there are a lot of ways to deliver or fail a simple, archetypal villain

On average,

How long is a dungeon in this game? Is progress locked/blocked by dungeons like the previous 3D Zelda games, or is it more LttP/ALBW style where you can exit and do other stuff and push the story along if you're having issues with a specific dungeon

This is a terrible comparison because both games are doing completely different things with their characters and narrative. TS needs the player to have a much deeper understanding of it's world and characters because there are key moments in the game where the player needs to determine the outcome of what the party does by influencing the votes of your allies. FFT doesn't do these things because it's a linear game with a single route. You can prefer FFT to TS (I do, though I think both are great) but they're trying to do completely different things narratively and mechanically.

Ah, that's fair. While I think it's always theoretically possible to hone and polish things down with multiple writing passes - even for a game like TS - you're totally right that they do have different goals in the end.

Question. Is Ganondorf a good villain in this? I don't expect him to be a complex character, but there are a lot of ways to deliver or fail a simple, archetypal villain

Oh I would love to know this as well. The last time I really enjoyed how they handled Gannondorf's character was probably WW, so I am very hopeful that they are able to deliver on him this time around.

I thought I saw someone mention this but I can't find it.

Are there Koroks in the Depths? Meaning the ones you have to find for puzzles, not story-wise.

Ah, that's fair. While I think it's always theoretically possible to hone and polish things down with multiple writing passes - even for a game like TS - you're totally right that they do have different goals in the end.

Oh I would love to know this as well. The last time I really enjoyed how they handled Gannondorf's character was probably WW, so I am very hopeful that they are able to deliver on him this time around.
I mean he only appeared once since WW lol, unless you count the Warriors spinoffs

So it seems that most if not all amiibo exclusive items and outfits can be found in the world even with just the base game. Additionally some items have had their name and description updated to fit in better. Ex:
The Twilight Bow was renamed to the Dusk Bow and its description changed from
"A bow used by the princess who fought the beasts of twilight alongside the hero. It's said to contain the spirits of light's power. It fires arrows straight and true, as if beams of light"

to

A bow that's been in the royal family for ages. Said to have been used by a princess who fought beasts of twilight. It forcefully fires long-range arrows."
Probably still just references but the dialogue changes do feel deliberate imo and might have some implications.
Wait wait wait
It's confirmed that amiibo items can just be found in the wild this time? Like the OoT tunic? Double checking because that seems too good to be true. I know there was initially some confusion over whether amiibos provided anything other than paraglider cloths.

Wait wait wait
It's confirmed that amiibo items can just be found in the wild this time? Like the OoT tunic? Double checking because that seems too good to be true. I know there was initially some confusion over whether amiibos provided anything other than paraglider cloths.
im pretty sure all of the amiibo outfits from BotW are available in game in TOTK as rewards for stuff, yes.

For sure Majora’s Mask and Zant’s Helm, from screenshots I’ve seen

Quoted by: ze_

oh man I hope this shows correct from my phone. Looking for an easy means to take down a battle talus - I am always short on arrows and could use some hints. Next question is sinakawak shrine, I can’t figure out what to do after going up the first balloon tier - how do I open the door?

im pretty sure all of the amiibo outfits from BotW are available in game in TOTK as rewards for stuff, yes.

For sure Majora’s Mask and Zant’s Helm, from screenshots I’ve seen
well that rocks if it's true! Majora's Mask and Zant's helmet were DLC items, though; they weren't obtained through amiibos. The other items were Tingle's outfit, Midna's helmet, and ST Zelda's Phantom armor.

I've also been hearing the opposite. People who love BotW dont like TotK.

Obviously only time will tell from your own experiences. But hype is subjective. Keep it cool and you probably won't get disappointed.

That being said, next week is too far away
Really? I've been hearing that those who loves BOTW also really like TOTK.

well that rocks if it's true! Majora's Mask and Zant's helmet were DLC items, though; they weren't obtained through amiibos. The other items were Tingle's outfit, Midna's helmet, and ST Zelda's Phantom armor.
I've seen many many screenshots of locations and opened chests for real amiibo items as well, 99 percent sure they can all be found

Here's a general question/fear that I have:

Does it feel like Nintendo has maybe listened too much to the people who didn't like Botw?

Does it feel like they toned down the freedom and hands off approach that is tantamount to Botw?

Does it feel like that by trying to find a middle ground between classic and open-air, they might not end up satisfying anyone?

Here's a general question/fear that I have:

Does it feel like Nintendo has maybe listened too much to the people who didn't like Botw?

Does it feel like they toned down the freedom and hands off approach that is tantamount to Botw?

Does it feel like that by trying to find a middle ground between classic and open-air, they might not end up satisfying anyone?
Id say open air people will still be satisfied, traditionalists will be more satisfied than they were with BotW but still have complaints. They added some stuff for traditionalists, but the overall structure of BotW is still very much intact. TOTK won’t completely change someone’s mind if they hated BotW

Are recipes handled the same way as in the previous game? (You need to memorize or write them down outside of the game)
Tbh even BotW had recipes available when you click on the dish in your inventory...in Totk it is a bit more eloborate

Should I finish Skyward Sword before playing TOTK? As in, are there any cameos/references that will make me go "WAIT, oh wow"?

A simple yes/no wil suffice <3

Do we have a definitive answer to how many dungeons are in the game, including the final one? All I need is a number.

Should I finish Skyward Sword before playing TOTK? As in, are there any cameos/references that will make me go "WAIT, oh wow"?

A simple yes/no wil suffice <3
AFAIK, no, not necessary, but small references may make super nerds go "NICE"

Weird question.
How many in the Leak Spoiler Thread are actually playing the game (I just saw there are 70 pages already)?
Are there many that just don't care about spoilers and discuss them without playing the game yet?

I guess I am just curious about how big the subset of this community is, who already is in the know.

Weird question.
How many in the Leak Spoiler Thread are actually playing the game (I just saw there are 70 pages already)?
Are there many that just don't care about spoilers and discuss them without playing the game yet?

I guess I am just curious about how big the subset of this community is, who already is in the know.
Most people on this site are not playing the game. But you can be sure almost everyone in that spoiler thread has at least been reading that thread, and seen streams or gameplay footage from people playing it.

I'm happy to wait and play alongside the rest of the world. It's more comfy and fun that way. There's nothing quite like playing a Nintendo game on a Nintendo console. Feels right.

Is there any benefit/bonus to having a BoTW save file? I had one where I beat the game but then restarted it last year and haven’t done everything. Curious if I should finish off the last few shrines, bother getting the bike or fully level the master sword (if I even can - lol) before ToTK releases.

Is there any benefit/bonus to having a BoTW save file? I had one where I beat the game but then restarted it last year and haven’t done everything. Curious if I should finish off the last few shrines, bother getting the bike or fully level the master sword (if I even can - lol) before ToTK releases.
Afaik your horses carry over. As well as the picture you get from completing the dlc. Nothing that changes gameplay.

Now it's been more time since the leaks happened. Without spoiling the ending itself, does the game have either a post game or at least you have the ability to run about the game after beating the final boss or does it do like other zelda games and your last save puts you ribht before the final boss

Now it's been more time since the leaks happened. Without spoiling the ending itself, does the game have either a post game or at least you have the ability to run about the game after beating the final boss or does it do like other zelda games and your last save puts you ribht before the final boss
haven't watched anything myself but from what i've read, it's the latter.

I’m following a main quest from Impa and cannot find her at the Forgotten temple - Cado says she has travelled inside, and there is a yellow circle marker on the map but I can’t find any entrance…..help?

Is the ancient saddle back? Can I put it on Epona this time if she's back?

Do we have a definitive answer to how many dungeons are in the game, including the final one? All I need is a number.
Don't trust my answer (for reasons I will explain in the spoiler tag), but:

I am not sure if it's actually correct and how it was counted (if it included some kind of "final dungeon"), but I got spoiled on this from a YouTube thumbnail I didn't want to see, and it made me sad since I don't want to know that. My hope is that it's something that's fairly spelled out in the beginning of the game like the number of Divine Beasts in BotW, and that it's not supposed to be unknown throughout the game. Otherwise I'll always go around thinking "guess there's X number of dungeons left now" every time I reach one even though you're not supposed to know that.

Anyway, the spoiler video said that there are 6 dungeons in the game. I don't know what that includes exactly, but if no one else knows a definitive answer that's something to go on for you.

If anyone quotes me to say that I'm correct (or incorrect), please do so in spoiler tags since I don't want to know.

Don't trust my answer (for reasons I will explain in the spoiler tag), but:

I am not sure if it's actually correct and how it was counted (if it included some kind of "final dungeon"), but I got spoiled on this from a YouTube thumbnail I didn't want to see, and it made me sad since I don't want to know that. My hope is that it's something that's fairly spelled out in the beginning of the game like the number of Divine Beasts in BotW, and that it's not supposed to be unknown throughout the game. Otherwise I'll always go around thinking "guess there's X number of dungeons left now" every time I reach one even though you're not supposed to know that.

Anyway, the spoiler video said that there are 6 dungeons in the game. I don't know what that includes exactly, but if no one else knows a definitive answer that's something to go on for you.

If anyone quotes me to say that I'm correct (or incorrect), please do so in spoiler tags since I don't want to know.
Yeah, it seems like it's 6 and the question (which I don't want to know the answer to) is whether Hyrule Castle counts as a dungeon, or if there is a final one like Ganon's Tower or something

Listening to Nate's podcast right now and I'm at the part where he talks about the $70 pricing being because of a 32gb cartridge. Do we know for a fact now which size cartridge TOTK uses?

Listening to Nate's podcast right now and I'm at the part where he talks about the $70 pricing being because of a 32gb cartridge. Do we know for a fact now which size cartridge TOTK uses?
The file size is 16.2GB which cannot fit on a 16 GB card, since that can only hold around 14.6GB (?). So it has to be a 32GB card

Are the side quests better in this game compared to BotW? Just a yes or no is good enough for me.
Yes

Is dungeon structure an improvement over divine beasts? You can answer with more than yes or no. But try to explain without too much spoilers.
Yes and no. If you're looking for the traditional dungeon experience you won't get it here.

Yes

Yes and no. If you're looking for the traditional dungeon experience you won't get it here.
Not necessarily traditional. Just different than divine beasts is enough for me. For example, while I'm not fan of divine beasts I really enjoyed BOTW Hyrule Castle. So more stuff like that would be great. Also, is there more enemy variety inside dungeons? Maybe my memory is failing me but I remember divine beasts having only floating head and malice eyes.

Is there any new tribe in this game?

Are there more than 2 new towns in this?

Was there a "wow" moment much later in the game that you didnt see early on?

Was there an "wow" story moment?

Yrah I need a hype dose lol

Question about a light spoiler related to a gameplay element.

I know that shrines are back. Are they exactly the same? Do they have the same upgrade purpose?
As someone who didn't like BOTW shrines I wonder if there's a reason to look for them.

Last edited:
Question about a light spoiler related to a gameplay element.

I know that shrines are back. Are they exactly the same? Do they have the same upgrade purpose?
As someone who didn't like BOTW shrines I wonder if there's a reason to look for them.
Same exact concept and purpose. Just a Zonai aesthetic and new music instead of the sheikah one BotW had

Not necessarily traditional. Just different than divine beasts is enough for me. For example, while I'm not fan of divine beasts I really enjoyed BOTW Hyrule Castle. So more stuff like that would be great. Also, is there more enemy variety inside dungeons? Maybe my memory is failing me but I remember divine beasts having only floating head and malice eyes.

Simple yes/no answer:

The dungeons are different from the Divine Beats in certain ways but similar in others. There is more enemy variety.

Slightly elaborate answer:

The dungeons themselves aren't structurally much more different but they have more elaborate scenarios surrounding and leading up to them. People seem to be generally more positive about them than the Divine Beasts but not every fan of traditional dungeons has been happy about their implementation.

Yes/no question about one of the game’s features:

Do the dungeons match the series’ best (OoT, TP, SS for example) in terms of atmosphere?

Edit: I know this is really subjective, but I’d like to know what you guys think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has very specific rules in regards to spoilers and spoiler tags. Please read them in the OP before posting. Breaking these rules will result in a temporary or permanent threadban.

Back
Top Bottom