• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Spoiler The Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Postgame & Spoiler Discussion Thread

I saw a dragon-like creature down there pretty much every time I went into Maktha Wilidwood L, which must have happened over a dozen times. I am not sure we are talking about the same creature, but there was defintely a dragon-like being walking around.

By the way, I just finished the game and I am jumping into the discussion only now. I was going to ask about Noah and Mio's child, but from what I read in this page I assume that is a pretty big question mark for everyone, correct?

I saw a dragon-like creature down there pretty much every time I went into Maktha Wilidwood L, which must have happened over a dozen times. I am not sure we are talking about the same creature, but there was defintely a dragon-like being walking around.

By the way, I just finished the game and I am jumping into the discussion only now. I was going to ask about Noah and Mio's child, but from what I read in this page I assume that is a pretty big question mark for everyone, correct?
I'm pretty sure the founder statue of house Vandham may be his son (the one that looks like Noah and N) but not much to go off of right now.

Oh, and another point I was curious about. Does anyone have any reasonable explanation for the ten-year limit on life?

The only reasoning I could come up with for that is that perhaps Moebius imposed that limitation in order to stop people from living for long enough to come across the recycled versions of the friends they made early in life, which could in turn have clued some folks stuck in the cycle into the fact something was up.

Gonna give my two cents on the picture

I know people aren't fans of it, I understand, but to me, it fits in perfectly with Rex's character. When he said he loved everyone, he 100% meant it and only strengthens that emotion he gave off during the scene in Xenoblade 2. I'm not a fan of harems in most cases, but considering Rex's character, I feel it actually applies decently here.

Also, outside the story, it might actually quell the dumb waifu wars between the three characters, and for that alone, I'm fine with it. It also means that Mio might be Rex's daughter and that fact alone just jolts so much love for me xD.

I'm just going to be incredibly disappointed if this is the only thing talked about when the ending is brought up over the years as the entirety of the ending has so many future implications and incredibly emotional moments that also deserve equal spotlight. The Monado REX, the other Xenoblade 2 characters in the picture, Mio and Nia's connection, as well as the ending post credits scene all deserve to be discussed just as much if not more.

Some interesting thoughts from Luxin. I personally think he's writing off the possibility of the DLC being about the founders a bit too easily (though I do go back and forth on whether the statues were supposed to be meta references/jokes (especially the whole "seventh one intentionally hid themselves" bit) or foreshadowing myself, so I could definitely see it as something they never intended to depict directly), but I am sort of leaning more towards the DLC story being an epilogue a bit more than I was before with the context of that message from Takahashi.

this final boss is so fucking annoying, at any point it could AoE dump and kill your healers and you have to start from the beginning. I'm on the phase where nia and melia join, my main party is dead but riku/manana are alive and NOW nia decides to start healing so they can't die, I'm stuck here watching the entire battle unfold without being able to do anything and the nopon won't die lol. I'm probably going to just use bonus EXP and get this nonsense over with.

That aside the fight itself is very good

I can’t get my hopes up for closure through the DLC - I just can’t.

XC3 was their chance to end this trilogy and put a neat little bow on all three games. They didn’t really do that in my opinion.

And that’s fine, disappointing, but fine.

The Takahashi quote does suggest we get something meaningful that sets up the future… but I’m not confident in believing him at the moment.

We were told XC2 didn’t connect to XC, that FC was a hint at the future of the franchise and that XC3 was the finale of the Klaus Saga…

… now that may all be true to some degree, in some fashion, in the broad strokes, or in the intent - but you probably need to put an asterisk next to them all.

I'm pretty sure the founder statue of house Vandham may be his son (the one that looks like Noah and N) but not much to go off of right now.
That doesn't seem possible since supposedly the first City N destroyed was already populated by his descendants. Vandham Founder would have to be a distant descendant, not his son.

There's also the fact that Doyle is his sister and as far as we see Noah and Mio didn't have a daughter.

Oh, and another point I was curious about. Does anyone have any reasonable explanation for the ten-year limit on life?

The only reasoning I could come up with for that is that perhaps Moebius imposed that limitation in order to stop people from living for long enough to come across the recycled versions of the friends they made early in life, which could in turn have clued some folks stuck in the cycle into the fact something was up.
Pretty sure the game doesn’t explain it. Presumably it's because Z found it more amusing that way.

Some interesting thoughts from Luxin. I personally think he's writing off the possibility of the DLC being about the founders a bit too easily (though I do go back and forth on whether the statues were supposed to be meta references/jokes (especially the whole "seventh one intentionally hid themselves" bit) or foreshadowing myself, so I could definitely see it as something they never intended to depict directly), but I am sort of leaning more towards the DLC story being an epilogue a bit more than I was before with the context of that message from Takahashi.

He said something similar about FC, make of that what you will

Last edited:
I can’t get my hopes up for closure through the DLC - I just can’t.

XC3 was their chance to end this trilogy and put a neat little bow on all three games. They didn’t really do that in my opinion.

And that’s fine, disappointing, but fine.

The Takahashi quote does suggest we get something meaningful that sets up the future… but I’m not confident in believing him at the moment.

We were told XC2 didn’t connect to XC, that FC was a hint at the future of the franchise and that XC3 was the finale of the Klaus Saga…

… now that may all be true to some degree, in some fashion, in the broad strokes, or in the intent - but you probably need to put an asterisk next to them all.

Are you absolutely sure you like XC3? You've sounded utterly defeated in your last few posts on this thread.

Edit: I hope this doesn't come off as smarmy, though I realise there's a chance it might.

Are you absolutely sure you like XC3? You've sounded utterly defeated in your last few posts on this thread.

Edit: I hope this doesn't come off as smarmy, though I realise there's a chance it might.
I think he's just disapointed the same way I and a few others are with how this culmination was executed.

Xenoblade 3 having Both Worlds of XC1 and XC2 mergering felt more of a afterthought after playing 3. Like a game for the fans but added very little to the fans in the end.

Never felt like Nia and Melia needed to be in this game either. Came off as fan service rather then integral to the plot.

Also. The game felt like it had story cuts. Like Agnus side felt incomplete as tho we were also suppose to have their side of the story before the meet up. It’s pretty weird, it’s in other places too I feel.

I felt you could’ve connected the worlds. But it might been better to keep original characters from First 2 games out. And the main cast of XC3 just find stuff of the worlds before they merge through exploring and hidden texts, something else. Like learning the mystery of the world, but the cast not knowing if they should believe it, tho the fans will since we know what happened.

I don’t know. Beating XC3 made me wish Melia and Nia weren’t in it cause I feel it took away from the game’s potential.

I finally beat the game, and I feel conflicted. Interesting that the ending isn’t as conclusive as the first two games. If anything it feels like they’re setting it up for more...maybe? I saw Takahashi’s message from last week. So can anyone explain how this is meant to be the conclusion to the story that began with Klaus’ experiment?

I think the conclusion is that we finally learned the fate of the two worlds Klaus resided in: they collided, were not compatible, and destroyed each other.

At this point, any future games will take place in one of the worlds recreated by Origin. Since neither of those worlds have anything to do with Klaus at this point, the Klaus arc is finished.

I love XC3 even though it disappointed me. It’s weird but both things can be true
Absolutely the same for me.

Fully agree, I'm having a blast hunting down all the unique monsters and filling out the completion guide. Still unhappy with the story's ending, though.

So can anyone explain how this is meant to be the conclusion to the story that began with Klaus’ experiment?

This game ends the story of Klaus in the same way the Star Wars sequel trilogy concludes the Star Wars saga

Fully agree, I'm having a blast hunting down all the unique monsters and filling out the completion guide. Still unhappy with the story's ending, though.

This game ends the story of Klaus in the same way the Star Wars sequel trilogy concludes the Star Wars saga
As someone who’s only seen a couple SW movies as a young kid, I’m not sure how to interpret this 😅

I think the conclusion is that we finally learned the fate of the two worlds Klaus resided in: they collided, were not compatible, and destroyed each other.

At this point, any future games will take place in one of the worlds recreated by Origin. Since neither of those worlds have anything to do with Klaus at this point, the Klaus arc is finished.

Still unsure which of these scenarios is how 3 actually played out:

A) The universes did not collide, and instead bounced apart again
  • why didn't they collide? Just by random?
  • was origin ultimately useless in the end other than to torment these people for generations?
  • does this mean those lives in Origin were destroyed (as they were always just data) and those that were "frozen" in the original universes became unfrozen?

B) The universes did collide, were destroyed, and now the characters live in their two separate universes recreated by Origin
  • this one makes the most sense.
  • although why did we see Aionios separate in two? Is this because the new universes were created from Aionios? That seems unlikely to suggest that entire worlds were created using the minimal scraps that made up Aionios, rather than just pulling from the same data that Aionios was pulled from.
  • does this also mean that the Noah we see at the end of the game being "unfrozen" is a new recreation, and the original one is now dead?

C) The universes did collide, were destroyed, and now the characters live in a single combined universe as intended by Nia and Melia
  • this one makes a bit less sense, since the ending suggests "everything is as it was"
  • however, it would be the "hopeful" ending since it would be a world where our characters could meet again
  • it would also explain why Noah was able to seemingly recognize his and Mio's flute playing

What are your thoughts? Which of these scenarios do you see as what happened?
Or is there another scenario you find more likely?

As someone who’s only seen a couple SW movies as a young kid, I’m not sure how to interpret this 😅

Prequels - Episodes 1, 2, and 3
Original - Episodes 4, 5, and 6

These six movies existed as two separate complete stories. Each story could be enjoyed on its own, but watching one trilogy greatly enhances the enjoyment of the other. This is very similar to how I view Xenoblades 1 and 2.

Sequels - Episodes 7, 8, and 9

These movies were created as an afterthought to the completed story of the first two trilogies, with a contrived narrative that only tenuously connected to the previous trilogy - familiar characters from the previous trilogies took on unfamiliar forms in these movies, and ultimately the sequel trilogy ended with more questions than answers: primarily, "how did this story justify its existence beyond fanservice"?

I'll let you connect the dots from there :x

Is that what happened?

I thought origin booted up right before the collision happened. Time was frozen before the collision and all the centuries of Aionious happened in between one second. When you face the final boss, the party has to accept the collision of the worlds and destruction of life as a possible outcome and a risk they're willing to take. But after you beat the final boss, Melia makes it sound like the worlds just passed through each other harmlessly. So the collision was never actually going to happen, they just thought it would when they built origin and Z was made out of fear from the souls of those who thought it would.

Then Nia says the worlds one day will join in hand in hand but that might just be through communication with the 'language of light' rather than a physical merging.

To be honest I think the ending of XC3 is a happy one like the last two, just not as overt. Yes, the merged world of Aionios is gone along with everything that happened there but the two worlds are still connected within Origin where the people from both will be able to interact as seen when Noah hears Mio's flute.

As for this being the end of Klaus' story this is the way I see it. The whole Xenoblade saga began with Klaus ripping the universe in two through his experiment with the Conduit. He is then made the focal point of both universes through his bond with the Conduit and once he dies that bond is ended and the Conduit disappears from both universes. With nothing holding the two apart they are drawn back together which would end with total destruction so the people from both work together to create a new Conduit (Origin) through which they will continue to exist. Eventually this new Conduit will be discovered in another universe and the cycle will begin again.

Still unsure which of these scenarios is how 3 actually played out:

A) The universes did not collide, and instead bounced apart again
  • why didn't they collide? Just by random?
  • was origin ultimately useless in the end other than to torment these people for generations?
  • does this mean those lives in Origin were destroyed (as they were always just data) and those that were "frozen" in the original universes became unfrozen?

B) The universes did collide, were destroyed, and now the characters live in their two separate universes recreated by Origin
  • this one makes the most sense.
  • although why did we see Aionios separate in two? Is this because the new universes were created from Aionios? That seems unlikely to suggest that entire worlds were created using the minimal scraps that made up Aionios, rather than just pulling from the same data that Aionios was pulled from.
  • does this also mean that the Noah we see at the end of the game being "unfrozen" is a new recreation, and the original one is now dead?

C) The universes did collide, were destroyed, and now the characters live in a single combined universe as intended by Nia and Melia
  • this one makes a bit less sense, since the ending suggests "everything is as it was"
  • however, it would be the "hopeful" ending since it would be a world where our characters could meet again
  • it would also explain why Noah was able to seemingly recognize his and Mio's flute playing

What are your thoughts? Which of these scenarios do you see as what happened?
Or is there another scenario you find more likely?
Think it’s pretty definitely 2 or 3, don’t think there’s anything to suggest the first option. Everything points towards 2, but I think there’s enough open to interpretation that 3 is feasible. The final cutscene is the recreation made by Origin.

Think I said this before, but the splitting is likely just there to symbolize the worlds splitting apart once again, especially for the main party. Don’t think there’s really any scientific or lore reason for it, nor do I think it really needs one.

Is that what happened?

I thought origin booted up right before the collision happened. Time was frozen before the collision and all the centuries of Aionious happened in between one second. When you face the final boss, the party has to accept the collision of the worlds and destruction of life as a possible outcome and a risk they're willing to take. But after you beat the final boss, Melia makes it sound like the worlds just passed through each other harmlessly. So the collision was never actually going to happen, they just thought it would when they built origin and Z was made out of fear from the souls of those who thought it would.

Then Nia says the worlds one day will join in hand in hand but that might just be through communication with the 'language of light' rather than a physical merging.
My interpretation from the other thread was that time stopped the instant the worlds collided. Origin could not collide beforehand, as each half was part of its respective world. Even light itself is not instantaneous, so the moment of collision still left a fraction of time before Origin could execute its programming. It’s in this moment that Moebius formed and stopped time, as referenced by Nia, who was very explicit that Origin did not initiate its protocol.

Nothing Melia says indicates that they didn’t harm each other. “If in passing, they do themselves harm, they must still carry on” reads like royal jargon to me that translates to “our worlds killed each other but we figured out a way to survive anyway”.

As for Nia, that just sounds like your typical hopeful JRPG stuff. Nothing about it seemed to reference anything imminent to me.

My interpretation from the other thread was that time stopped the instant the worlds collided. Origin could not collide beforehand, as each half was part of its respective world. Even light itself is not instantaneous, so the moment of collision still left a fraction of time before Origin could execute its programming. It’s in this moment that Moebius formed and stopped time, as referenced by Nia, who was very explicit that Origin did not initiate its protocol.

Nothing Melia says indicates that they didn’t harm each other. “If in passing, they do themselves harm, they must still carry on” reads like royal jargon to me that translates to “our worlds killed each other but we figured out a way to survive anyway”.

As for Nia, that just sounds like your typical hopeful JRPG stuff. Nothing about it seemed to reference anything imminent to me.
Okay, I see. Right, the two halves of origin would need to come together for it to boot up.

It's kind of a weird message that the two worlds are incompatible and can't coexist when the rest of the game was all about people from Keves and Agnus needing to get along.

How the fuck did Z stop time

That's like the main thing that bugs me. This entire game hangs on that assumption that Z could just have this random wizard power to stop time because he doesn't want it to move forward.

And no, stopping time was not a feature of Origin, intended or otherwise.

My headcanon is that the stoppage of time was the manner in which the collision destroyed the universes. Since different matter cannot occupy the same space at the same time, the universes asymptotically grew closer, infinitely, while time slowed to a perceived stop. This is a "bug" in our plane of existence, ultimately exposed by Klaus' tampering with the Conduit resulting in two universes colliding into the same location.

In this scenario, Origin was able to become close enough for its circuitry to close. And since "light" (data, radio waves or whatever) is the only thing to remain unaffected by this fantastic and unexpected property of matter, Origin and its content continued to exist past the stoppage of time - where Z came to be.

To me, this makes absolute sense and makes for a fun scifi interpretation of the events, but is completely contradicted when Nia asserts that it was Z himself who stopped time. Fuck.

Okay, I see. Right, the two halves of origin would need to come together for it to boot up.

It's kind of a weird message that the two worlds are incompatible and can't coexist when the rest of the game was all about people from Keves and Agnus needing to get along.
The messaging was sloppy, but my personal takeaway was that the game wanted to show that they could coexist, even if nature wouldn’t allow it. Hence why the game ends on the hopeful note of them finding a way to reunite in the future.

That's like the main thing that bugs me. This entire game hangs on that assumption that Z could just have this random wizard power to stop time because he doesn't want it to move forward.

My headcanon is that the stoppage of time was the manner in which the collision destroyed the universes. Since different matter cannot occupy the same space at the same time, the universes asymptotically grew closer, infinitely, while time slowed to a perceived stop. This is a "bug" in our plane of existence, ultimately exposed by Klaus' tampering with the Conduit resulting in two universes colliding into the same location.

In this scenario, Origin was able to become close enough for its circuitry to close. And since "light" (data, radio waves or whatever) is the only thing to remain unaffected by this fantastic and unexpected property of matter, Origin and its content continued to exist past the stoppage of time - where Z came to be.

To me, this makes absolute sense and makes for a fun scifi interpretation of the events, but is completely contradicted when Nia asserts that it was Z himself who stopped time. Fuck.
Yeah, that’s definitely my main issue as well. I don’t think it’s a huge deal, as I don’t really care too much about the science of it all, but it definitely stands out as some JRPG bullshit in a series that’s generally pretty good at avoiding it.

I don't think it was meant to be taken as Z literally stopping time. Instead I think what Nia meant was that once the universes destroyed each other and Origin booted up Z took control of the system and trapped them in a state of perpetual stagnation. The whole purpose of the neverending war, flame clocks, ten-term life limit, and destruction of colonies that were too successful was to keep the people from making any advancements beyond the status quo that Z forced upon them.

Yeah, that’s definitely my main issue as well. I don’t think it’s a huge deal, as I don’t really care too much about the science of it all, but it definitely stands out as some JRPG bullshit in a series that’s generally pretty good at avoiding it.

I don't even care about the "science" behind it, I just want any explanation as to how he was able to stop time in both universes.

It's not even a matter of getting too hung up on details, it's the crux of the entire story.

Like, the Trinity Processor was able to do what it did because it was a computer powered by the Conduit. The world of Xenoblade 1 ultimately can be described as a simulation created by a super-computer. There's nothing inherently paranormal about what the Trinity Processor is doing, since it's just explained as regular science as we already know it but extremely advanced. The only paranormal aspect is the primary mystery in the series - the Conduit. That's the source of all the events in this entire series.

However in Xenoblade 3, Z literally stops time in our own universe. Not just in the simulation that the Conduit made (which would at least make sense, since all it would require for a super computer to stop time in its simulated universe is a command), but in our very real universe as well.

Z, essentially malware in a supercomputer that is not powered by the Conduit, was able to stop time in real life. It's surprisingly the first time I am unable to suspend my disbelief in Xenoblade - they've been very good at explaining things in a satisfactory way until now.

I don't think it was meant to be taken as Z literally stopping time. Instead I think what Nia meant was that once the universes destroyed each other and Origin booted up Z took control of the system and trapped them in a state of perpetual stagnation. The whole purpose of the neverending war, flame clocks, ten-term life limit, and destruction of colonies that were too successful was to keep the people from making any advancements beyond the status quo that Z forced upon them.

But we literally see time stopping in the first scene, which is what I take Nia to be describing. In fact I inferred the killing of Z to be what "unstopped" time again.

It's all very confusing, and not in a fun "what did they mean?" kind of way, but instead in a "how does this make sense?" way.

I didn't know people were mad about the Xenoblade 2 cast picture. Personally, I think it's the funniest thing in the franchise. Maybe it's cause Rex gets shit on so much by fans and detractors alike that I just found it endlessly funny to see him get a glow up and have it basically confirmed that he knocked up three weed-smoking gfs in the span of like a month

But we literally see time stopping in the first scene, which is what I take Nia to be describing. In fact killing Z is inplied to be what "unstops" time
I took that time stopping as the point when both universes cancel each other out. Everything after that takes place in Origin where Z has hijacked the system. Once he is taken care of Nia and Melia reboot Origin which starts back up at the exact moment when both original universes ended.

I took that time stopping as the point when both universes cancel each other out. Everything after that takes place in Origin where Z has hijacked the system. Once he is taken care of Nia and Melia reboot Origin which starts back up at the exact moment when both original universes ended.

Yeah, that's what makes the most sense. But it's really, really not doing a good job at getting that across.

There's a reason why so many of us thought "so it was all a dream?" when it ended.

God this game is giving me Lost flashbacks

Yeah, that's what makes the most sense. But it's really, really not doing a good job at getting that across.

There's a reason why so many of us thought "so it was all a dream?" when it ended.

God this game is giving me Lost flashbacks
That's understandable, it took me a while to figure this out based on Nia's monologue and for all I know Takahashi could come out and rip my interpretation to shreds with the DLC in the future. For now though I'm pretty confident in what I've written down.

Okay... i've just finished the game, so it's finally time to unignore this thread. And i liked the ending. There are some questions that were brought here that make absolute sense (why does Z have this time-stoppage power, why didn't the worlds unite after all) that will be in my mind for a looooot of time (and i don't know if they will be answered in the DLC).

But, putting aside the fact that chapter 7 was by far my least favorite, and that at first i couldn't bear the thought that Moebius was a "concept", or "stagnation" personified (it seemed way too cheesy or weak, and it still feels a little bit)... The ending satisfied me, i think it really closed the arc regarding this "stagnation" (benefitting ones at the expense of others, while serving as a comfort zone for some) as the overall concept of the story and it worked... for me, at least. And it did so while leaving enough space for discussion and future sequels. It gave me strong Xenoblade 1 vibes, as that was the game where people were trying to decide their own future, "with no need for gods". And yeah, i thought about the fanservice thing, we had XC1 and XC2 references scattered pretty much along most of the game... But when i think about it, the entire premise of this game is a little fanservicey by itself, isn't it, lol. I liked it, but i understand why some might have felt it was a cheap way to please the audience.

I think Z is the main issue here, as he was a concept but also apparently an individual and if so, we still don't know who he is. Zanza was a "person" at least, we know who or what he was and where he came from. So that's a bit disappointing.

EDIT: and about the whole "did it actually happen or not" regarding the post-credits scene... That thought crossed my mind for a second, but it seems pretty clear to me that yes, everything actually happened and that last scene is the old reality "resuming" its flow after all these events, albeit changed in some way, as shown by the flute playing, catching Noah's attention at the end. I think it was a really good way to end it, by the way.

Last edited:
I feel like the flaw with the logic that time didn't really stop, both universes got destroyed and everything is happening in Origin is that it doesn't explain why they had to capture Melia or how Nia got away. Should have been completely trivial since they should have had them in their grasp.

I feel like the flaw with the logic that time didn't really stop, both universes got destroyed and everything is happening in Origin is that it doesn't explain why they had to capture Melia or how Nia got away. Should have been completely trivial since they should have had them in their grasp.
Nia does explain that both she and Melia hold the keys to controlling Origin. By capturing Melia Z was able to use her key to access the inner workings of Origin and impose his will on it.

Nia does explain that both she and Melia hold the keys to controlling Origin. By capturing Melia Z was able to use her key to access the inner workings of Origin and impose his will on it.
Right right, I get that. But the thing is, they way things are described, it doesn't really sound like Nia and Melia died along with their destroyed universes. It just sounds like they are the original Melia and Nia and they had to go out of their way to capture them with one even escaping. If the universes got destroyed and they just died then... what sequence of events are we exactly looking at here? They captured Melia from... where? Nia escaped to... where? When were they rebirthed? Where were they rebirthed?

Right right, I get that. But the thing is, they way things are described, it doesn't really sound like Nia and Melia died along with their destroyed universes. It just sounds like they are the original Melia and Nia and they had to go out of their way to capture them with one even escaping. If the universes got destroyed and they just died then... what sequence of events are we exactly looking at here? They captured Melia from... where? Nia escaped to... where? When were they rebirthed? Where were they rebirthed?
The original Melia and Nia died with their universes. The versions we see in-game are incarnations similar to everyone else except as the Queens they have access to the inner workings of Origin. I imagine Melia was captured not that long after Origin booted up, but Nia had enough time to go into hiding once she realized what was happening. There was no rebirth, the whole point of Origin was to continue off from the moment both universes ceased to be.

The original Melia and Nia died with their universes. The versions we see in-game are incarnations similar to everyone else except as the Queens they have access to the inner workings of Origin. I imagine Melia was captured not that long after Origin booted up, but Nia had enough time to go into hiding once she realized what was happening. There was no rebirth, the whole point of Origin was to continue off from the moment both universes ceased to be.
I guess I just can't reconcile the idea of Z being able to sabotage the Origin reboot and create Aionios but somehow not have access to Melia and Nia since as of the moment of the destruction, failed reboot or whatever you wanna call it they should have just been data inside Origin, and therefore already in his power.

I guess I just can't reconcile the idea of Z being able to sabotage the Origin reboot and create Aionios but somehow not have access to Melia and Nia since as of the moment of the destruction, failed reboot or whatever you wanna call it they should have just been data inside Origin, and therefore already in his power.
My understanding is that Z was the physical manifestation within Origin of the collective fear of the people from both universes; He's not an omnipotent presence so he couldn't be in two places at once. From Nia's monologue I assumed that both she and Melia uploaded their other selves into Origin before the collision to ensure it worked correctly and it was when the system failed to boot properly due to Zs existence that he made his move to capture Melia. Realizing what was happening Nia used her knowledge of the system to hide from Z, but he only needed one key to restart Origin and create Aionios.

So anybody else feels like this game had story stuff cut or shifted around ? As tho they wanted a more “streamlined” story due some previous criticism.

-Crys having like one scene before being shoved into the plot.
-D orignal self being introduced seconds before being killed off. Feels like that reveal was suppose to be sooner. Or it was just very poorly intended from the start
-No Agnus at start of game. We get Kevesi flashbacks, but the other three we just hints from their Interlinking memories. Maiyabi having like 2 scenes of development. But we get Taion’s story as part of the main quest in chapter 3.
-Shania’s development being shoved into a Sena quest where Sena doesn’t do much at all. Feels like it got moved over cause they didn’t know where to put it. Sena had way better moments in other quest. Like Segiri’s Hero Quest.
-Cammuravi introduction and then Demise coming almost immediately.
-Hackt. If you remember this name. Then you one who I mean.
-Consul X, main plot consul but the biggest reveal they have is optional. And I can’t even remember how she dies In the main story.

Tho to be fair. Consul have been my biggest criticism of the game lol. I originally thought every single one would have a face reveal and be someone we met in the game, but I originally thought it was gonna be like 5-6 of them max.

There’s more but I’m running down the ones I’ve thought of immediately.

About time stop, you guys remember that everything got froze minus young Noah, so think about that.
Nobody's forgotten about that, but if you've made some inferences please share.

He's not an omnipotent presence so he couldn't be in two places at once.
He could stop time in real life, I'm sure that after taking over Origin he would be able to control Melia and Nia, let alone be able to access their locations

From Nia's monologue I assumed that both she and Melia uploaded their other selves into Origin before the collision to ensure it worked correctly

This makes sense, every single person we see in Aionios is a construct based on the "save state" of each person in the real world. Including Melia and Nia

Just finished the game, first of all the ending was great, I'm not sure what issues there are some people have with it but it was a great end to what was told would happen multiple times over without some silly asspull preventing it.

With that said, I have some questions:
-Was the black fog implied to be mobeus/Z?
-There was a scene near the end where melia frees the people of keves castle from the flame clock, did we not do that already?
-was the Crys we saw the same mobeus from the 1000 years ago flashback scene (the one that had mio stop him from executing the homecoming guy)?
-Who was the robed person at the start of chapter 6 before it formed into Mio? Was it supposed to be their kid or just a young Mio?
-What's up with the kid anyway, what was the importance of hiding his name?
-During the final battle with N, Noah says he was the founder and ancestor of the city, did I miss something or was this stated before?
-What's up with X/Y? Is there a side quest that goes into them more? I did the colony gamma one btw
-What's up with the annihilation events? We know one way it's caused by staying interlinked for a long time but there was a line about there not being as many recently, why and what's the significance?
-Just what is an ouroboros anyway, like what is the mechanism for which it manifests?
-what's going on with the lucky seven sword and Riku? i'm sensing some conduit shenanigans
-how did Noah "splitting" from N happen and there being two Noah's?

Last edited:
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting.
Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom