• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Spoiler The Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Postgame & Spoiler Discussion Thread

Also Zanza's VA is not the same as Z's, or any Moebius for that matter.
Then I read the VA name wrong, or though it was the wrong person.

Anyway, hoping the DLC pulls a fast one and outright puts Zanza/Klaus as the reason the "reset" failed :) (j/k). Extra points if it shows him scurrying and messing with settings on both sides while Melia and Nia are not looking (that would be an hilarious secret ending ala Silent Hill)

The second "Expansion Pass" is finally scheduled to be released on 10/14 (Fri.)! The new hero "Ino" that appears in the second installment seems to have been invented by the Great Nopon! He introduces himself as an "Artificial Blade", but it seems Noah and his friends are suspicious of him...! #ゼノブレイド3

That description pretty much confirms she was built by Tora. Makes me wonder if the next hero will tie in with a Xenoblade 1 character somehow like a machina who survived. I really hope it's a Keves healer.

Anyway, looking forward to next week!

Haven't seen anyone post this yet, so I will (from the era spoiler thread)
5cd2je1wd1s91.jpg

I must say after contempling the ending and reading discussions.

My favorite music of the game is Battle M. The forshadow of the Flute is amazing.

If the DLC story is a prequel, I hope is about Mobius A. Something about A being the begining and Z the End.

Maybe Aionius was stable with A and Z, but our characters defeat A, and that Makes Z start to create other mobius.

Well in typical Maddy fashion I am finishing up the game a lot later but pretty much done, just the final boss ahead.

The sidequests and Heroes/extra party members are some of the best in the series. The cast interactions are my favourite in the series. It "plays" the best in the series. However my biggest frustration with the game was the way gameplay and story seemed to be clashing.

RANT AHEAD:

I feel at times the story and gameplay are at odds, like they wanted their cake and to eat it too. "Everyone is against you" but 90% of the Heroes and colonies are fine with you being there. Somehow barely anyone discovers people are being reincarnated despite looking the same until the Ouroboros show up. They get by through a lot of lucky coincidences or timing to make the story flow as the writers want to (tbf this happens a lot in RPGs). Mio is slowly dying for the first five chapters and yet you can do whatever the hell you want with no consequence, you can teach random people to play the flute while your party member has like 20 days to live. Krys randomly being a Moebius felt like obvious padding. A bunch of people the party knew showing up at Colony Gamma back in their 10th term smacked of " we really wanted to make them Heroes in the game so we brought them back". The Agnus Queen is straight up revealed a fraud but if you discover some Agnus colonies late in your exploration they're loyal to her still since the game expects you the see them earlier. All these little things add up over time.

I'm aware most of these things are mentioned make the game more fun or flowing better, that's not an inherently wrong thing. And some of them can be explained with some hand-waving at lore. I still really enjoyed the game, but this bugged me for most of the second half. The game definitely peaked at the end of Chapter 5 for me. Side note: Origin does not have nearly the same impact as Prison Island or Elysium.

So Ino's dialog does seem to again hint that there's some sort of neutrality pact between the Nopon and Moebius, but frustratingly still doesn't really elaborate on what the Nopon's place in the world is. It's kind of annoying, since the Nopon existing outside the war really feels like a plot hole.

Finished Ino's quests, they were cute. I'm not sure where people stand on dlc spoilers being openly talked about in the post-game thread so I'll go ahead and tag my thoughts just to be safe.

It felt weird hearing about drivers and blades again. It definitely hints that the blades Aionios soldiers have are connected in some ay to 2's Blades. Ino declaring Noah her driver was cute and then I was surprised they actually went somewhere with it in her ascension quest. Hearing the xc2 battle theme and having the glowing affinity aura around Noah and Ino was a great touch. I hope the next one can find a way to shout out xc1 in that way.

Ino says the nopon who built her was named Oosoo in a bit of a twist, I think a decent amount of us thought Tora built her. They actively avoided name-dropping a previous character when the DLC seemed like the place to do it, which was a little funny. Tora's grandfather was named Soosoo which is just Oosoo with an S, it makes me think Oosoo is Tora's son named after his grandfather. Tora conceiving children is terrifying to think about it.

Overall it was cute. Nothing amazing, I wouldn't say it was that much of a leap over the DLC blade quests in 2. The references to 2 were just fun cutesy stuff and not the lore reveals that some were hoping the DLC quests would bring. They also made her so she didn't have anything to do with the colonies so she doesn't really add anything to the world like some wanted, just fun little references.

Also, I saw the artwork for the next hero was found in the files and leaked. I won't post the pic but I'll talk about it:
It's clearly an Agnian Blade-person with a big core crystal on her chest. The outfit looks Asian-inspired though color-wise it doesn't scream Agnian, I have no idea what her place in the world would be.

Looks like my desire to have another Keves healer that we desperately need and my desire to have the next hero/ascension quest have some fun references to xc1 like Ino's had for 2 will both go unfulfilled.

I played some challenge mode too. It feels a little more like DE's than 2's. The challenges that give swimsuits are beyond easy. The last two are pretty tough though. I didn't bother with the one that wanted a full team of soulhackers. The times required to get S rank have a chasm of leeway.

Also, I saw the artwork for the next hero was found in the files and leaked. I won't post the pic but I'll talk about it:
It's clearly an Agnian Blade-person with a big core crystal on her chest. The outfit looks Asian-inspired though color-wise it doesn't scream Agnian, I have no idea what her place in the world would be.

Looks like my desire to have another Keves healer that we desperately need and my desire to have the next hero/ascension quest have some fun references to xc1 like Ino's had for 2 will both go unfulfilled.
Is it a core crystal? The color seems a bit off for that. Pretty sure it's normally a lighter, more glowing blue.

Not that the outfit makes a whole lot of sense for Keves, anyway, but even for Agnus, it's not clear what her role would be.

Is it a core crystal? The color seems a bit off for that. Pretty sure it's normally a lighter, more glowing blue.

Not that the outfit makes a whole lot of sense for Keves, anyway, but even for Agnus, it's not clear what her role would be.
We can't know for sure, it's more purplish to match the rest of her. The design in general just seems to fits in with 2's blade designs far more than anything else. I guess all the purple on her could imply she's somehow connected to Z/Origin.

My enthusiasm to even start the game up isn't there at the moment - but I'm disappointed to hear these challenges are more DE than XC2, because the latter had much better missions IMO.

That said, having just read the spoilers (yeah, reading spoilers for XC, that's how disconnected I feel), perhaps I should give the hero quest a look.

"Character gets stronger if it dies" is a very odd gimmick for a tank class.
They should have given that to Seraph!!

Challenge Battle Mode is really easy? So far, anyway, I only have a few left.
In 2, I went into the Challenge mode as soon as I was able to and got my ass kicked because it was clearly expecting a late game build despite the early challenges restricting to lv.20.
Here, it seems to be the other way around.

Edit: Also I'm calling it. Drake is going to be HD Switch +.

I personally loved Ino's quests, it left me wanting more, so I guess it wouldn't have bothered me in the slightest for her to have an actual role in the main story.

On another note, the second to last Challenge is super easy even on Hard, I think it should become everyone's point of farming. It also helps you're just wrecking the Heroes, lol

If anyone's looking for Gogol Olipples or Gogol Dalms: gogols don't just toss out one item for their ecology action anymore, you can get different stuff. Sometimes it's just regular collectible fruit instead of the unique gogol fruits though, but they can also drop two different gogol fruits now.

The baelfael gogols in lower Maktha now drop Olipples in addition to Vuagas, and the Submit Gogols in Elaice (specifically the ones in Yunnae's Rise) now drop Dalms in addition to the Richimoya. Gogol fruit is at long last fixed!

Challenge Battle Mode is really easy? So far, anyway, I only have a few left.
In 2, I went into the Challenge mode as soon as I was able to and got my ass kicked because it was clearly expecting a late game build despite the early challenges restricting to lv.20.
Here, it seems to be the other way around.

This is disappointing... I was interestedi n buying the pass and returning to the game for challenge mode but if it is that easy it doesn't make any sense.

I guess I will wait until the last story expansion and see if that looks like a 30€ investment.

Still trying to get my head around the whole Keves/Agnus situation...
Puzzled as to why Nia refers to Melia as Queen of Keves, and Melia Nia as Queen of Agnus. Surely, these names did not apply in their original worlds?

Still trying to get my head around the whole Keves/Agnus situation...
Puzzled as to why Nia refers to Melia as Queen of Keves, and Melia Nia as Queen of Agnus. Surely, these names did not apply in their original worlds?
I mean, why couldn't the names originate from before Aionios? If they formed some sort of unified nation, it would make sense to give it a name.

While this second round of DLC was a letdown (weird hero and way too easy challenge battles for the ones I played) I’m glad it gave me an excuse to return to Xenoblade 3 for a while. I had fun making my way farther into the post game. After feeling satisfied with how my party fares on the sword and the second to last cave, I decided to fully map out the Malevolent Hollow. I walked in at level 84 and gained up to level 89 before I finally entered the last room with the final landmark. Monsters there go up to level 100 (102 for the boss) so it was a stiff challenge. Reshuffling my team around, playing well, and a bit of luck helped me win all the fights I wanted to pick for now.

When round 3 of the DLC comes out, I’ll definitely level more if not all the way to take on a super boss or two and the level 99 challenge battles.

I thought Ino’s quest was alright. I enjoyed the callbacks, but it felt like scraps.

I’ve only done the first handful of challenges, but they’re really easy so far. The rewards aren’t too tempting either, so I don’t feel compelled to play all of them.

That description pretty much confirms she was built by Tora. Makes me wonder if the next hero will tie in with a Xenoblade 1 character somehow like a machina who survived. I really hope it's a Keves healer.
We already have two Machina guest party members so it'll feel too derivative if we get a third one. I'd rather have the hypothetical Keves character be either a full-blooded High Entia or a Giant, at least they're more creative throwbacks to Xenoblade 1.

We already have two Machina guest party members so it'll feel too derivative if we get a third one. I'd rather have the hypothetical Keves character be either a full-blooded High Entia or a Giant, at least they're more creative throwbacks to Xenoblade 1.
I don't see how a full-blood High Entia would be more creative or interesting than a full-blood Machina. Both races only get these human-hybrid versions in 3 that don't look like they do in 1.

But the main reason for that suggestion was that a full-blood Machina is the most likely to realistically exist in 3's world. What I liked about making Ino an artificial blade is that it made sense within the game's logic that she could survive the collision and still be there millennia later. Artificial Blades seem to be able to live indefinitely and the ending already showed Poppi was alive and fine all these millennia later. They didn't have to break the rules for Ino to exist. Giants were extinct and High Entia live for only about 500 years. Machina, on the other hand, live for 10,000+ years. Machina are the only race they wouldn't have to break the rules for.

It's all moot anyways now that the DLC is out though. We now know Tora didn't build Ino and I've already seen the leaked art of the next hero.

Remote hope: The next DLC character is actually a hologram or some other construct that you can obtain within Origin

I'm a little concerned that the in-game expansion pass menu describes wave 3's content as new challenge battle "rules" rather than just new challenge battles. It's making me worried that wave 3 won't add new challenges and instead just make something like DE's restricted mode where you do all the same challenges again but with set class/art/skill/accessory loadouts.

I'm a little concerned that the in-game expansion pass menu describes wave 3's content as new challenge battle "rules" rather than just new challenge battles. It's making me worried that wave 3 won't add new challenges and instead just make something like DE's restricted mode where you do all the same challenges again but with set class/art/skill/accessory loadouts.
That’d be super disappointing. There’s at least two text boxes you can click on for it and iirc one read as “even more intense battles” or something to that effect so I think we should be fine.

That’d be super disappointing. There’s at least two text boxes you can click on for it and iirc one read as “even more intense battles” or something to that effect so I think we should be fine.
True, at the top of the panel it says "more challenges", just when you go in for more details it says "rules" for the bulletin point. Really hope I'm wrong. I want them to add some more creative/fun and different feeling challenges like This Year's Heropon or the one with Jin on the ship.

GLKgVUs.png

It's definitely incomplete art with stuff like her hands only being basic shapes.
I'm still just utterly perplexed as to who or what she's supposed to be. The outfit design doesn't really match any of the factions (arguably it sort of aligns with Agnus, but the colors are all wrong) and there's no obvious indicators of race (the gem on her chest is kind of like a core crystal, but, again, the color is wrong).

Maybe the colors are wrong in this art, since it doesn't seem entirely finished anyway.

I finally beat the game today after taking a break and doing a lot of side quest meandering. The ending... man, I was not expecting to get teary eyed but the shot of them running towards each other got me. Although Eunie calling Taion her 4th best friend got a big laugh out of me!

Overall, I give it around an 8.8/10, very good game bogged down by a few issues. The story lost its focus fairly often and the battle system takes a good while to get interesting. When you get around Chapter 4/5 the world really opens up and it hits its stride wonderfully, but thats a fair bit of time commitment to get there.

I mean, why couldn't the names originate from before Aionios? If they formed some sort of unified nation, it would make sense to give it a name.
Taking into account the denigrating nature of the names that people caught onto almost immediately after the first trailer makes the realization that these are in fact the real names for both worlds all the more comical and bizarre

Then being named pre-Aionios would be so fucking stupid and wouldn't make any sense

It's so much better to imagine Z just making a sadistic joke by referring to both countries as his "lambs" for slaughter

They mean "lambs" in our world.
Doubt the worlds of 1 and 2 had many Hebrew speakers.

I mean, they don't even have sheep or sheep-like creatures.

Much like the myriad other references in these games innit

Is there a guide to post game content? I have no idea what's different apart from recruiting Melia and Nia

Taking into account the denigrating nature of the names that people caught onto almost immediately after the first trailer makes the realization that these are in fact the real names for both worlds all the more comical and bizarre
Most of the nations in Xenoblade 2 were named after the seven deadly sins, indirectly in English and pretty directly in Japanese. This isn't exactly new territory for the series.

Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting.
Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom