• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom |ST| Linkin' Parts (Please Tag All Spoilers)

Yeah like most enemy camps will net you 5-10 arrows at the cost of at most 5 or so, I'm typically net increasing in arrow count
Yep. Each archer you kill will drop a bundle of five arrows. At least a couple of the crates will have arrow bundles too.

What are Star fragments for?
For distracting you with their pretty lights while you were running towards something else

This game is kinda nutty
It kinda is like Zelda: Nuts and Bolts

just rolled credits tonight and absolutely loved it. what an epic game. First zelda story to make me tear up other than Link's Awakening.

Boy howdy, I can't believe they fucken did it. What a great time.

Just beat it after holding off as long as I could trying to do as much extra stuff as possible. And after 90 hours I can say I absolutely loved it. It may very well be my favorite Zelda game ever and when you consider that OOT is my favorite GOAT that says everything. I literally haven’t been that absorbed with a game since I was a kid.

I foolishly deleted my photo of a Grizzlemaw bear to clear up space before I knew I could use the photo to create a paraglider skin so I spent half an hour running around Hebra mountain to go bear hunting with no success.

I've still only done two temples thus far. This is what I've been doing instead of story missions.

I thought I would be done with this game by now. I may need another week. I haven't even been to Gerudo lmfao. I'm taking my sweet ass time and I'm so okay with that.

I thought I would be done with this game by now. I may need another week. I haven't even been to Gerudo lmfao. I'm taking my sweet ass time and I'm so okay with that.
Same. I did Rito and Goron. Now taking my sweet time exploring and enjoying Hyrulean life.

I swear to god hearing this game called both bloated AND barren is driving me crazy lol
It can be whatever we want it to be to fit our narrative. At least, it wasn't "but the weapon breaks" complaint.
I’m 125 hours in and I’ve only done 3 dungeons. At this point I was finished with BotW
I haven't even thought about tackling one haha. I've just been having fun with the world. I do have a question, I got spoiled and see that the new champions travel with Link in the world, I wonder if we can "turn them off"?

Does anyone have any very vague hints for how to access the
Great Hebra Mine in the Master Kohga quest? The one that is behind that dragon skull? I'm guessing there's a well-hidden approach from a secret chasm on the surface...

I wonder if we can "turn them off"?
You might want to spoiler that, and the answer is yes.

(Location spoilers) Did a couple of those low-gravity sky islands. They are SO fun. The “that’s no moon” shrine in particular was so good, it was exhilarating leaping and paragliding between the floating bits of land, and getting some serious distance and hangtime from the weaker pull of gravity.

Does anyone have any very vague hints for how to access the
Great Hebra Mine in the Master Kohga quest? The one that is behind that dragon skull? I'm guessing there's a well-hidden approach from a secret chasm on the surface...
you would be correct, talking to a certain depths researcher should help nudge you

You might want to spoiler that, and the answer is yes.

(Location spoilers) Did a couple of those low-gravity sky islands. They are SO fun. The “that’s no moon” shrine in particular was so good, it was exhilarating leaping and paragliding between the floating bits of land, and getting some serious distance and hangtime from the weaker pull of gravity.
I already used the spoiler tag on that part. Did it not work? And thank you for the answer.

Finally finished the main story. I enjoyed TOTK a lot more than BOTW, and felt like I went on a truly epic adventure. It is not my favorite Zelda game, but I can envision a future where an open world Zelda game could be my favorite Zelda game if the dungeons were a bit more complex and varied in terms of structure, and underwater exploration was in the game. As it is though, I don't think there's another open world game that is this polished and expertly crafted. Truly a masterclass in game design that I will undoubtedly take inspiration from as I continue developing my own projects.

A tip for those getting ready to face the final boss (seriously everyone should know this and I think it was a major oversight on Nintendo's part for not warning players about this):

Unlike previous Zelda games, there is a point of no return in the depths close to the final boss' location that the game does not warn you about at all. Once you pass this point, not only can you not save, but you also cannot leave the area. Before you reach this point, make sure you are FULLY prepared, especially with the ability to heal hearts that have been sealed by gloom. I made the unfortunate mistake of not doing this and had to beat the boss without getting hit a single time, which was an awful experience because getting hit even one time would reset all phases of the fight. Don't make the same mistake I made.

Finally finished Gerudo part, only Zora remains. After a little detour of finding treasures...

Found the 3 parts of the fierce deity armor and got the sword. Now, does the sword actually breaks? 'Becasue if that's the case it's going into my "endboss" weapon set, no way going to use it even for other bosses

Every time I unlock a new memory I’m wowed again at how fucking good Rauru and Sonia’s designs are. Just so elegant

Sonia especially. 35 years and we’ve never seen a queen of Hyrule, she’s certainly worthy of being the first.

Finally finished Gerudo part, only Zora remains. After a little detour of finding treasures...

Found the 3 parts of the fierce deity armor and got the sword. Now, does the sword actually breaks? 'Becasue if that's the case it's going into my "endboss" weapon set, no way going to use it even for other bosses
It does
You can rebuy any unique weapons with poes though

A tip for those getting ready to face the final boss (seriously everyone should know this and I think it was a major oversight on Nintendo's part for not warning players about this):

(Spoilers for a side quest and ability/item that was revealed in the previews)

I want to also mention this and also say that I also had trouble with this. So I was fortunate that I had done the fast-traveling medallion quest. I urge everyone who has also done so to place one on the skydiving spot just before the final battle wave

(Spoilers for a side quest and ability/item that was revealed in the previews)

I want to also mention this and also say that I also had trouble with this. So I was fortunate that I had done the fast-traveling medallion quest. I urge everyone who has also done so to place one on the skydiving spot just before the final battle wave

Wait, are you allowed to use that even when you can't use the other warp points? I thought all travel points were disabled, at least from what I recall. I knew the other warp points were but I can't remember if I tried warping from the Ganondorf fight to the medallion travel point even though I placed the travel medallion exactly where you did. I put it there as a plan to get back but I didn't think I could use it to get out of the Ganondorf fight.

Beat the game. Will go more into detail in the spoiler thread, but man, that was intense. 90 hours to credits for me.

I’m definitely gonna explore more and do stuff but I might take a break. This is still though, I am very certain, my favorite Zelda game and in my top ten games of all time. I haven’t poured this much time into a game in years. It’s truly something special.

you would be correct, talking to a certain depths researcher should help nudge you
That was fun! But SUCH an underwhelming reward, I'm actually shocked.

Pretty cool that you learn the final boss' location here, though. Is this the first time you're actually supposed to learn this info? I accidentally discovered his location like 30 hours into the game while running around the depths lmao

Last edited:
ccvzrbwha9tx.jpg

Anyone else asks themselves this question when playing botw/totk?

Bokoblins are just having a grand old time camping out in the wild, and out of nowhere comes Link brutally killing them with fire.

At least they resurrect a couple of days later.

Wait, are you allowed to use that even when you can't use the other warp points? I thought all travel points were disabled, at least from what I recall. I knew the other warp points were but I can't remember if I tried warping from the Ganondorf fight to the medallion travel point even though I placed the travel medallion exactly where you did. I put it there as a plan to get back but I didn't think I could use it to get out of the Ganondorf fight.

Hm, let's see if I can answer out of memory. I failed Ganondorf due to having 3 hearts, everything else gloomed out (so this was an inevitability, haha) and I died, the game restarted, and I couldn't get out. So I reloaded the previous autosave, which was before the skydiving point preceding the monster horde. I was able to fast travel out there to the world, and then back from the world to the travel point. So you can't travel from the point of no return, but you can travel from the last skydiving point and back, that's what I meant.

Post-main story objective, I find the free roam exploration to be incredibly satisfying. I no longer have that main objective in the back of my mind and I am constantly engaged with how much variety there is to experience at any given moment. This feels like a much better version of what I pictured in my mind for a 3D reboot of the original Legend of Zelda when I was younger. Utterly captivating!

Hm, let's see if I can answer out of memory. I failed Ganondorf due to having 3 hearts, everything else gloomed out (so this was an inevitability, haha) and I died, the game restarted, and I couldn't get out. So I reloaded the previous autosave, which was before the skydiving point preceding the monster horde. I was able to fast travel out there to the world, and then back from the world to the travel point. So you can't travel from the point of no return, but you can travel from the last skydiving point and back, that's what I meant.

Ah, I understand now. Thanks for clarifying!

I find the free roam exploration to be incredibly satisfying. I no longer have that main objective in the back of my mind and I am constantly engaged with how much variety there is to experience at any given moment
It’s been 30 hours since I touched a main quest, and I am not feeling any burnout at all. Which is a monumental achievement for an open world game in my book.

That said I somehow did stumble into a main quest (quest spoiler) by going to a sky island blanketed in thunderstorm. Lovely place. Thought this was gonna be a shrine quest but no, it’s a big deal. Time to play Pilotwings again.

I’m 125 hours in and I’ve only done 3 dungeons. At this point I was finished with BotW
I'm have 1 divine beast & Hyrule Castle left in BOTW. I'm only got my TOTK physical yesterday & play it likes crazy, roughly around 13 hours with 24 shrine and not finish 1st main event aka dungeon yet

Spent a full day down in the Depths and almost maxed out my battery, being able to use zonai vehicles to fly everywhere makes a huge difference for traversal. Time to do the last 2 temples I think.

Post-main story objective, I find the free roam exploration to be incredibly satisfying. I no longer have that main objective in the back of my mind and I am constantly engaged with how much variety there is to experience at any given moment. This feels like a much better version of what I pictured in my mind for a 3D reboot of the original Legend of Zelda when I was younger. Utterly captivating!

Ah, I understand now. Thanks for clarifying!
I'm nearly 60 hours in and I've done one regional phenomenon quest, the first two Depths main quests, and half a dozen memories. Playing it almost aimlessly doesn't feel aimless because the game constantly puts a multitude of options in your path, and so you can easily have a free form adventure without trying.

ccvzrbwha9tx.jpg

Anyone else asks themselves this question when playing botw/totk?

Bokoblins are just having a grand old time camping out in the wild, and out of nowhere comes Link brutally killing them with fire.

At least they resurrect a couple of days later.
Not for the other enemies, but Bokoblins are too cute, and the noises they make when electrified or on fire hurt my soul

So I was never sure of this in BOTW and am unsure of it here - are any weapons truly one-of-a-kind or limited spawns? Or will everything eventually respawn or have some way of being found again? I have a couple of 55 shields that seem fairly rare and I can't imagine them as enemy drops, and I also got a 90 (!) shield that definitely seems like it may be the only one. I know it's not the way to play, but sometimes with these things I just never use them because it would feel weird to have e.g. the Hylian Shield break on me. I'm also wondering if that means that some equipment is missable for the compendium if you forget to snap it before breaking it.

Anyway, I keep playing compulsively and not really moving the story forward, but I did most of the memories last night and just have two left I think. Otherwise I've been doing side adventures, exploring, taking pictures, and finally taking down (overworld boss spoiler if you haven't defeated that random scary thing that shows up) Phantom Ganon.

Kind of a spoiler question so I'll hide what's necessary.

It seems there almost no reference to the

Breath of the Wild events, with Calamity Ganon and such, how sheikah tech has almost disappeared everywhere (like shrines and guardians, even though they supposedly used them to build the new towers).
Even Zelda, when meeting Ganondorf with Rauru, says his name makes her uncomfortable but doesn't refer to Ganon directly.
Some people remember about Link of course, and I know several years have passed between the two games (supposedly the same as in real life actually), but I found it weird how many characters acted like the BotW events didn't really happen, and overall there seems to never be any direct link (lol) between Calamity Ganon and Ganondorf's body.

Without spoiling me, should I expect more answers and things in this regard?
Sometimes it's almost like everything in

BotW didn't really happen or was very trivial.
Like, I actually struggle to see when the War of Seal (not sure of the English name, I'm in French, but the base events in TotK where Raura seals Ganondorf with the sages and such) takes place and it was before the ancient war depicted in BotW 10.000 years ago (where the Divine Creatures help to win against Calamity Ganon); I'm sure it was even before that, but it's never explained directly.

Just in case, my current progression in TotK's main story is:

• beaten the 4 first dungeons from the same regions as BotW
  • beaten Phantom Ganon in Hyrule's Castle so the fake Zelda is gone
  • just got the Master Sword after finding every dragon's tear
  • currently progressing in the 5th sage quest which I still don't know much about (no idea who that could be), just got the new thunder armor set and reached the island that was hidden in a thunderstorm.

Exploring the depths is kinda overwhelming for me. The darkness makes it hard both to choose a direction to explore AND actually stay in that direction, plus the gloom effect means a few enemy hits leave you in danger of death pretty quickly. It’s still fun but it kinda makes me wonder if I should leave it for later when I’m stronger.

Exploring the depths is kinda overwhelming for me
Personally, I found that the best way to explore the depths is to keep going straight for the Lightroots. Activate them, reveal the map, and from the map you can pick out points of interest that you can explore at your leisure.

80 hours in. All story stuff done except for the last thing.

24 hearts.
2 2/5 stamina.
8x2 batteries.
90 ish Shrines.

But I’m going off across the country today, from southwest Florida to Spokane, Washington for a week. Doubt I’ll do more than piddle around with side stuff and Shrines while I’m traveling, though I really want to see the end. I want to experience it on the CX screen and not handheld mode.

I'm about 80 hours into the game and I still feel like I'm only halfway done with my playthrough. I don't even intend to get anywhere near a 100% completion rate, I just want to explore all the major landmarks and finish every sidequest and shrine. I am amazed that the game still consistently feeds you new scenarios and mechanics even after such a long playtime.

Kind of a spoiler question so I'll hide what's necessary.

It seems there almost no reference to the

Breath of the Wild events, with Calamity Ganon and such, how sheikah tech has almost disappeared everywhere (like shrines and guardians, even though they supposedly used them to build the new towers).
Even Zelda, when meeting Ganondorf with Rauru, says his name makes her uncomfortable but doesn't refer to Ganon directly.
Some people remember about Link of course, and I know several years have passed between the two games (supposedly the same as in real life actually), but I found it weird how many characters acted like the BotW events didn't really happen, and overall there seems to never be any direct link (lol) between Calamity Ganon and Ganondorf's body.

Without spoiling me, should I expect more answers and things in this regard?
Sometimes it's almost like everything in

BotW didn't really happen or was very trivial.
Like, I actually struggle to see when the War of Seal (not sure of the English name, I'm in French, but the base events in TotK where Raura seals Ganondorf with the sages and such) takes place and it was before the ancient war depicted in BotW 10.000 years ago (where the Divine Creatures help to win against Calamity Ganon); I'm sure it was even before that, but it's never explained directly.

Just in case, my current progression in TotK's main story is:

• beaten the 4 first dungeons from the same regions as BotW
  • beaten Phantom Ganon in Hyrule's Castle so the fake Zelda is gone
  • just got the Master Sword after finding every dragon's tear
  • currently progressing in the 5th sage quest which I still don't know much about (no idea who that could be), just got the new thunder armor set and reached the island that was hidden in a thunderstorm.
The only time I saw this addressed was in optional conversations.

At the end of the game you can talk to Impa and she will touch on it. The school also briefly touches on this, though they don't draw a direct connection to the current events.

I swear to god hearing this game called both bloated AND barren is driving me crazy lol
Bloated? I mean. As someone who is taking their sweet time because I'm trying to see everything I don't get that. You also don't have to see everything to enjoy everything if that makes sense lmao.

Wasn’t planning to do any main quests but (main quest spoilers) hey I can’t complain if I just stumble into one. Mineru’s entire segment is cool, because first off, you get your very own MECH. Which you can fit with a ROCKET BACKPACK. And the boss fight in the Spirit Temple is essentially Zonai BattleBots. In-freaking-credible.

Back
Top Bottom