• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Spoiler The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread (Tag Story Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A503-D670-2824-480-A-AFEF-8531-A728-E9-B4.jpg

Welp, there’s the first major disappointment.

I’m trying to avoid spoilers but I have a few questions I just wanna know so I can set my expectations,

Is the underground like overworked sized or just kind of interlocking caves?

How many dungeons are there, are there dungeons even?

Do the tears give you abilities?

And what is baskets name unless it’s a spoiler,

sorry for asking but I don’t want to risk it going somewhere else
in order 1) Size of Hyrule on the surface. Lots of caves are in but as their own thing 2) I heard 6 and yes they are similar to divine beasts in botw but have unique theming and bosses 3) idk 4) idk

I’m trying to avoid spoilers but I have a few questions I just wanna know so I can set my expectations,

Is the underground like overworked sized or just kind of interlocking caves?

How many dungeons are there, are there dungeons even?

Do the tears give you abilities?

And what is baskets name unless it’s a spoiler,

sorry for asking but I don’t want to risk it going somewhere else
1. Overworld sized. It's a whole second map.

2. Five or six. One dungeon is listed, but it only has one floor file and one boss file compared to the others which have several general files.

Not sure about the others.

in order 1) Size of Hyrule on the surface. Lots of caves are in but as their own thing 2) I heard 6 and yes they are similar to divine beasts in botw but have unique theming and bosses 3) idk 4) idk
1. Overworld sized. It's a whole second map.

2. Five or six. One dungeon is listed, but it only has one floor file and one boss file compared to the others which have several general files.

Not sure about the others.
Thank you both for the answers, I’m going to play so many games while I impatiently wait for totk.

Somebody on the other forum brought up a good point about how the sky islands map doesn't take verticality into account. So it's not telling the whole story. Makes me wonder how they'll handle the tower islands though.

Somebody on the other forum brought up a good point about how the sky islands map doesn't take verticality into account. So it's not telling the whole story. Makes me wonder how they'll handle the tower islands though.
I keep telling myself I'm going to stay out of this thread...

Anyway, yeah, I don't think that image tells the whole story re: sky islands. Tons of vertical stacking going on just in the previews alone.

I keep telling myself I'm going to stay out of this thread...

Anyway, yeah, I don't think that image tells the whole story re: sky islands. Tons of vertical stacking going on just in the previews alone.
I imagine there will be multiple sky islands maps, as in the previews you can see it kinda changed dynamically.

I still wonder the significance of the depths. Seems like the importance bits of the game happen above ground, so what the hell do they have down there that’s important unless it’s just way more brutal.

I still wonder the significance of the depths. Seems like the importance bits of the game happen above ground, so what the hell do they have down there that’s important unless it’s just way more brutal.
The Fire Temple is down there, alongside what looks to be dozens of structures ranging in size. I'm assuming the stuff under Hyrule Castle (including Ganondorf?) is still there too.

Whoa, there's even more enemies that aren't on the list someone linked earlier.

Including an enemy made out of hands on the overworld.

Without revealing the number of shrines, are we happy with what we've seen so far from a quantity and quality perspective?

Sounds like a lot has came out overnight while most of Europe slept (I’m sure some of you stayed up to follow this haha)

Can someone answer some Q’s for me on what may have came out overnight?

1. I assume someone has played a Dungeon now, what is the general consensus on them? Still like Divine Beasts or more like older Zelda’s

2. I’ve seen the Underground map but do we know how it factors into the main game? Is it something you can visit by reaching different lifts to take you down to different sections like Elden Ring?

3. Has anyone visited Eventide Island and is it any different?

The lists of enemies also does not seem to take armoured one’s into account like that Bokoblin from the Previews. I don’t think Bokoblins will be the only enemy with that feature.

Sounds like a lot has came out overnight while most of Europe slept (I’m sure some of you stayed up to follow this haha)

1. I assume someone has played a Dungeon now, what is the general consensus on them? Still like Divine Beasts or more like older Zelda’s

2. I’ve seen the Underground map but do we know how it factors into the main game? Is it something you can visit by reaching different lifts to take you down to different sections like Elden Ring?

1. The dungeon we saw had a very involved section just to get to it. The dungeon was uniquely themed and is a bit like Divine Beasts in terms of goals.
2. You reach "The Depths" by going down the malice holes called Chasms in the over world.
3. Dunno

Without revealing the number of shrines, are we happy with what we've seen so far from a quantity and quality perspective?
I’m not spoiling the puzzles for myself but I’ve read good impressions of them.

Shrines overall seem to function exactly like BotW though, just with a new coat of paint. And only one coat from what we know

Best to lower your expectations of them if you wanted anything more from them than what BotW did, though I personally am expecting overall better puzzles

1. Stopped watching because that’s the spoiler border I’m not willing to cross but from what I read in this thread: Unique Themed dungeons with dungeon-item like power from champions, unique dungeon music supposedly very epic, unique Battle music, mini boss and unique Endboss, but not super linear. Middle ground between Divine Beasts and conservative Dungeons.
2. You enter seamless trough malice holes in the overworld
3. Don’t think anyone is that far or tried.

I’m not spoiling the puzzles for myself but I’ve read good impressions of them.

Shrines overall seem to function exactly like BotW though, just with a new coat of paint. And only one coat from what we know
This is my biggest gripe so far. Like, c'mon. Shrines should have thematic variants based on the region.

I want to make a joke in the other thread about being one-shotted by a Gleeok, but I'm not sure if that's considered a spoiler. Is enemy difficulty a spoiler?

This confirms the idea of beign 7 tears.
Also confirms the 6 years of work with an existong engine.

From a cursory glance this seems more or less in line with what I expected except for the following

I hoped there was a new twist to shrines but I’m surprised by the seemingly high number of them. There’s more than in BotW including the DLC shrines
haven’t read too much about the dungeons except that they seem to be mostly what I hoped for: "free form" like the Divine Beasts but larger, more complex, thematically distinct and with elaborate lead ups. not sure how I feel about potentially all of them having the 5 locks structure though
based on the leaked maps, if accurate, I’m not entireply surprised by the size of the sky islands. even if the effective space is much larger than we can surmise, there’s a lot of necessary empty space between them. the underground on the other hand is absolutely nuts

A503-D670-2824-480-A-AFEF-8531-A728-E9-B4.jpg
I knew it. I knew that Aonuma's gameplay and trailers showed few islands in the sky and they didn't look very big.

A bit disappointed in this aspect, I would have liked to have a lot more islands in the sky. Good thing the Underground has made my head explode (although I hope it's visually varied and not all cave darkness hahaha).

The soundscape in the depths is amazing. Very evocative of BotW in its approach yet completely distinct from anything we've heard from it.

Seeing something about the broken Master Sword (non-story related), hopefully someone can confirm:

apparently you keep it and can use it but it only has a base-damage of 1 in its unfused state. What I don’t know is whether it has a cool-down like in BotW

Seeing something about the broken Master Sword (non-story related), hopefully someone can confirm:

apparently you keep it and can use it but it only has a base-damage of 1 in its unfused state. What I don’t know is whether it has a cool-down like in BotW
I can answer you that but it is a story spoiler even though I’ll keep it super vague:

You only have it for the Great Sky Island part. And it’s basically useless. Can’t fuse it either before you loose it.

This game is a prime example of why Nintendo needs strong hardware. It’s crazy what the Zelda team is able to do with this weak hardware. Imagine them on PS4 Pro hardware and what they could do with that extra power.
Drake games are gonna go so hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Communication
Does your post contain any story spoilers? Please err on the side of caution and use spoiler tags before posting it. Failure to do so may result in being banned from the thread.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom