• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Spoiler The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread (Tag Story Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
calling it now, Calamity Ganon is actually Rauru

Ganondorf will be super stoked to be revived and get working on his new evil plan but then somebody will mention Calamity Ganon and he’ll be like “wut lol bruh that wasn’t me”

the arm is holding him down because Rauru was trying to stuff all his misdeeds under the rug via corpse convenience

tweist

Ganondorf will be super stoked to be revived and get working on his new evil plan but then somebody will mention Calamity Ganon and he’ll be like “wut lol bruh that wasn’t me”

the arm is holding him down because Rauru was trying to stuff all his misdeeds under the rug via corpse convenience

tweist
I only trust this if it came in a dream

tweist
I definitely got the impression from Rauru’s appearance in the last trailer that maybe there’s something up with him. I also did not get villain vibes from the official Ganondorf art. I don’t know what to make of that though.

I definitely got the impression from Rauru’s appearance in the last trailer that maybe there’s something up with him. I also did not get villain vibes from the official Ganondorf art. I don’t know what to make of that though.
I bet that’s the sages all standing against dorf in a flashback

but I wouldn’t be shocked if that arm brace is supposed to keep a “malice curse” at bay or something

and ultimately there ends up being an issue with that

like if we’re going full Princess Mononoke cursed arm I hope there are unforeseen consequences

tweist
I’m guessing it’s gonna be something in that ballpark actually. Or Basket even.

bit of new footage I think!

Lol, it's crazy how just Link falling off his own glider made me hyped. Or the fact that the Gerudo region is clearly in a big sandstorm of sorts.

That ending shot of the ZOLED while Link rides towards the sunset is chefs kiss

So, Zelda has the broken sword it seems and not a past or fixed one (courtesy of new footage in a Japanese commercial)

That definitely killed a lot of theories

When one theory dies, another rises.

Link is able to send the sword back in time where it's Zelda's task to repair it using the same materials and forges used to make it originally!

So, Zelda has the broken sword it seems and not a past or fixed one (courtesy of new footage in a Japanese commercial)

I was already kinda leaning this way before, but I definitely don't think "traditional time travel" is gonna play a role in this game. I think something in relation to time is going on, but it's less about a character traveling to the past and more about the present and past merging into one. Thus Zelda's "Link you must find me" was likely a red hearing and not the actual voice clip for that specific scene.

Link is able to send the sword back in time where it's Zelda's task to repair it using the same materials and forges used to make it originally!

This is exactly what I'm thinking about.

He'll be able to send the Master Sword through that Recall thingy in that cutscene is what I'm guessing.

totk-logo.png

@Selarmor I was wrong, and you were spot-on. The Master Sword is indeed broken with Zelda holding it. My apologies!

That definitely contradicts some assumptions that were made, but I'm not sure how much that changes; if Zelda were to travel to the past, for instance, and her physical condition remains unchanged, I don't see why the same couldn't be true for the master sword. Whatever the case, we know that whenever/wherever Zelda is, that platform that she's standing did not exist in Breath of the Wild and yet it's right next to the Temple of Time.

bit of new footage I think!

There's an island near the horizon in the first shot! 👀

Looks like my post and speculation about the calendar/Time Machine and at the end of it might actually be a possibility of transferring objects through time.
Just a quick couple of thoughts. I was going to post this in the other thread but they seem a little touchy on spoilers and I don't want to add something into that thread based on the Art book leaks.
I am almost certain now that Zelda is in the past on the Sky Islands. It makes the most sense to me story wise from what we know, or think we know. And it mostly revolves around the calendar/time machine we see her standing in front of in the trailer. We see the Sun dial and moon dials moving with a door opening in the center.
clock-new.jpg

I am thinking we will have to repair or rebuild the one in the present eventually, but just the fact that we see it working and in operation vs what it looks like in its current condition is a pretty clear indication she is in the past.
Calendar.jpg

Calendar1-com.jpg

I am guessing that the original Basket was done in by Gannondorf in the past as seen from the mural, which coincidently is the only portion of the mural that we know the least about.
basket-fall.jpg

We see Zelda holding Basket's Tear and saying "I know why I am here and it's something only I can do." So it makes sense to me that, for what ever reason on the how Zelda was able to go to the past with Rauru, that she needs to fill the role of Baskets' job before Gannondorf killed her. I don't think Zelda has any direct relationship to Basket but my guess is that it has to do with the Triforce of Wisdom that Zelda probably still possess.

Just speculating but the Calendar/time machine might also be a way to transfer objects back and forth through time between Zelda and Link.

So if zelda has a broken mastersword and linl has one, that prob means that when link finds zelda, he needs to fuse them or so into a complete one?

I’m playing Oracle of Ages right now and holy shit Crescent Island is literally just Eventide in classic Zelda format lol

So if zelda has a broken mastersword and linl has one, that prob means that when link finds zelda, he needs to fuse them or so into a complete one?
It would make sense for the overall theme of the game play to fuse them together. The Master sword in the Logo is still puzzling to me, just how the Master Sword looks like it has the magical green energy extending from it. So it's repaired at some point, so Zelda holding the broken one in the past just doesn't make sense, And even arguing against my post that it was possibly transferred back in time between Zelda and Link doesn't make sense because of the Logo, because Zelda could just place it back in the pedestal in the past and it would probably be back to normal again after 20,000+ years for Link to find again in the present.

Last edited:
I have a different take. I think most of what we saw of Zelda saying "come find me" and holding the sword and all that takes place in the opening of the game. Whatever force brought her to the sky island also brings Link, and they get separated on the way so after you finish the tutorial you have to find Zelda outside of those big double died where she gives you the recall tear and the master sword.

I have a different take. I think most of what we saw of Zelda saying "come find me" and holding the sword and all that takes place in the opening of the game. Whatever force brought her to the sky island also brings Link, and they get separated on the way so after you finish the tutorial you have to find Zelda outside of those big double died where she gives you the recall tear and the master sword.
Zelda is on the same platform in a different location (Great Plateau) and it suggests a different time period as it looks like it has aged and been slightly broken when Link encounters the platform in the sky.

Zelda is on the same platform in a different location (Great Plateau) and it suggests a different time period as it looks like it has aged and been slightly broken when Link encounters the platform in the sky.
Ah yeah I forgot she was on the ground in that shot. Hm.

I've been wondering how the game keeps link up in the sky during the tutorial section, maybe he went back in time with her? But he's stuck in the sky? Hmmm I dunno anymore... The game continues to mystify.

Link has the master sword when falling towards that tutorial Island tho. I agree on having Zelda give you the recall ability through the double doors but I think Link reaches out to touch her hand, like in the second trailer, through something like a time portal and then she is gone back into the past.

Ah yeah I forgot she was on the ground in that shot. Hm.

I've been wondering how the game keeps link up in the sky during the tutorial section, maybe he went back in time with her? But he's stuck in the sky? Hmmm I dunno anymore... The game continues to mystify.
I’m completely confused now. The more info we get the further away from the truth I find myself.

I’m wondering, I have always thought it was Gannondorf that does something or is responsible for creating this fusion between the past and the present if we go with that theory. But what if it’s Link and Zelda that are purposely doing it to achieve an objective or maybe it ends up being a consequence of their actions.

Yeah every new thing they show makes me even more confused.

Definitely feels like there's gotta be some time travel though.
I feel like we have explored almost every possible scenario over the past 8 months and everyone, including myself, always ends up right back at some type of time travel. I think I’m rooting for either we go all in and have an additional map as the map room might suggest, or localized time shift stone type time travel, or even a little of both.

I think Link can send the Master Sword back in time by laying it on that pedestal where Zelda can receive it and vice versa. But maybe it's too damaged to send the person along back with it. Maybe the materials and magic needed to reforge the sword no longer exist in present time but they do in the past so it's Zelda's job to repair it.

I think Link can send the Master Sword back in time by laying it on that pedestal where Zelda can receive it and vice versa. But maybe it's too damaged to send the person along back with it. Maybe the materials and magic needed to reforge the sword no longer exist in present time but they do in the past so it's Zelda's job to repair it.
yes! I think they'll be working together but separated by time...

See, I could get behind this if it was just a clear cutscene of it being on a slab or something with a golden glow showing it being in two time periods. But Zelda is just holding it, not really doing anything to it as far as we can tell.

Maybe we really do get playable Zelda, she needs to do something in the past once Link passes the sword to her. That would let us explore at least parts of the past world, which I theorized a long time ago might be connected to each glyph.

Considering the original pedestal is probably destroyed along with what ever happens to the Great Deku tree in the present time, Im not sure this is option anymore, but I do buy into only being able to repair the Sword in the past, and the logo suggests that the master sword as we know it will longer make a comeback to its original form.

See, I could get behind this if it was just a clear cutscene of it being on a slab or something with a golden glow showing it being in two time periods. But Zelda is just holding it, not really doing anything to it as far as we can tell.

Maybe we really do get playable Zelda, she needs to do something in the past once Link passes the sword to her. That would let us explore at least parts of the past world, which I theorized a long time ago might be connected to each glyph.

Well I'm just theorizing based on how little info we have. We know from trailers and footage that Link and Zelda both have the broken Master Sword at some point. The last trailer emphasis how they need the Master Sword and it's prominent in the game's logo. So we can assume that repairing the Master Sword is one of the major goals of the game.

As for why there is no golden glow on the slab, the cutscene from the trailer and commercials could take place immediately after she received the sword. The glow stops because communication with Link has ended. She picks up the sword and looks out into the horizon with the understanding of the task ahead of her. "I now why I am here. It's something only I can do".

I'm also basing my speculation on the dual dragons ouroboros in the logo. Link and Zelda aren't just doing their own things in separate time periods. They are do things that will directly affect the world of the other time period.

Considering the original pedestal is probably destroyed along with what ever happens to the Great Deku tree in the present time, Im not sure this is option anymore, but I do buy into only being able to repair the Sword in the past, and the logo suggests that the master sword as we know it will longer make a comeback to its original form.

I'm not sure what the pedestal by the Deku Tree has anything to do with being able to send the sword back in time

I'm not sure what the pedestal by the Deku Tree has anything to do with being able to send the sword back in time
I was referring to Zelda placing the sword on the pedestal in the past in order for Link to have it in the future present because the pedestal might not exist anymore. I’ve made several posts on why I think actually transferring items from the past to the present may be possible through the calendar/Time Machine so I’m on board with that idea already.

decades. decades of this shit and I am only learning this now.

official website also says the Rito evolved from the Zora?!
Oh yeah, that one is a real head scratcher too. Since the great flood happened in WW the only race that was extremely well equipped for ocean-life, the Zora, couldn't live in the new ocean world so they had to evolve to have wings and become the Rito. I forget what the in-game justification for that was but it makes no sense to me right now.

Wanna hear another? Koroks are alternate forms of the Kokiri from OoT. The Kokiri only resembled children because Link was living with them at the time and they wanted him to feel like he belonged.

I was referring to Zelda placing the sword on the pedestal in the past in order for Link to have it in the future present because the pedestal might not exist anymore. I’ve made several posts on why I think actually transferring items from the past to the present may be possible through the calendar/Time Machine so I’m on board with that idea already.

Oh ok.

I did see someone on Era speculate that Zelda repairs the Master Sword and then leaves it in the past version of the pedestal by the Deku Tree for Link to get but that would present some issues like what happened to the past periods Master Sword? An even if we assume that there only be one Master Sword throughout all of the time periods, if she placed the sword in the pedestal, wouldn't Link still have gotten it prior to the events of BOTW? Meaning the sword that gets damaged is the same sword that Zelda just repaired. So I think the seen of Link pulling out the Master Sword shown in the trailer is just a flashback to when he first pulled it out after becoming Zelda's knight.

Dragmire, right?

Kinda ridiculous but yeah.

It's like how everyone knows what Ewoks are called despite it never being mentioned in Return of the Jedi.

I think the SNES manual is the only place that mentions Ganondorf's last name and even if you didn't know that, you somehow heard about his last name on the internet or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Communication
Does your post contain any story spoilers? Please err on the side of caution and use spoiler tags before posting it. Failure to do so may result in being banned from the thread.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom