• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Spoiler The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread (Tag Story Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gamexplain was discussing what if we could build a vehicle with guardian legs lol. Or a vehicle that can climb up walls. We haven’t seen much on the vehicle stuff, but I do wonder how far will they go.

If they want unique experiences there has to be a ton of parts for people to use.

Imagine a Divine Beast Megazord final battle

So I am wondering if I am not giving enough credence to this picture in the Art book. At first it reminded me of a shrine puzzle, where all the orbs were in a similar cylinder container mixed up in differnet colors and I think you had to shake it to get the right orb out or something to that effect. But I think I found this picture on the actual map in another picture in the art book. I'm calling this the water gumball machine.

water-gumball.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is the same Water Gumball machine.

water-gumbal-on-island-normal.jpg

water-gumbal-on-island-close.jpg

I find it strange that it is incased in water but found on the sky islands? So since I seem to be in the fast lane for speculation today, I am thinking that this might be another way to travel to certian underwater locations or at least help find their location. You put in your nickle or 5 rupees or what ever activates the Water gumball machine and one rolls out, down the plateform and breaks on the pedalstall.

water-gumball-final.jpg

Revealing a small mini world or a map location of a city, shrine or important location beneath the Sea in the center of the pedalstall. Like a mini 3D map or picture of it. It coud then appear on your map, what ever that ends up being at this point, and you would be able to either fast travel to it or at least know where to look for it.

I don't think the whole building vehicles thing is gonna get pushed very far. In fact I think it might be pretty limited.
What makes you think that out of curiosity? BOTW’s design ethos in general was “you can do anything you want with our systems.” I kinda expect the crafting/building mechanic in TotK to be quite versatile, with ample opportunities for emergent gameplay.

Gamexplain was discussing what if we could build a vehicle with guardian legs lol. Or a vehicle that can climb up walls. We haven’t seen much on the vehicle stuff, but I do wonder how far will they go.

If they want unique experiences there has to be a ton of parts for people to use.
I'm definitely drinking the cool aid they were serving in that speculation video. I enjoyed that video because it was pretty clear non of them had seen or at least non of them mention any of the Art book photos. I was thinking of posting it in the other thread, just because I think they might be more desperate than we are for a non spoiler video. But it made a lot of sense to me, not so much how far they were speculating on climbing vehicles and tanks, but that Nintendo will want us to experiment with making our own unique vehicles. I suspect there will be some easy to assemble ones that don't take much imagination if at some point they are requirement to complete an objective, but after your objective is complete, I think they will make it a free for all on what you can do with your machine or what you can build in my opinion.

Last edited:
So I am wondering if I am not giving enough credence to this picture in the Art book. At first it reminded me of a shrine puzzle, where all the orbs were in a similar cylinder container mixed up in differnet colors and I think you had to shake it to get the right orb out or something to that effect. But I think I found this picture on the actual map in another picture in the art book. I'm calling this the water gumball machine.

water-gumball.jpg

I find it strange that it is incased in water but found on the sky islands? So since I seem to be in the fast lane for speculation today, I am thinking that this might be another way to travel to certian underwater locations or at least help find their location. You put in your nickle or 5 rupees or what ever activates the Water gumball machine and one rolls out, down the plateform and breaks on the pedalstall.

water-gumball-final.jpg

Revealing a small mini world or a map location of a city, shrine or important location beneath the Sea in the center of the pedalstall. Like a mini 3D map or picture of it. It coud then appear on your map, what ever that ends up being at this point, and you would be able to either fast travel to it or at least know where to look for it.

Or it could be mini figures you buy with Mysterious Shells

Maybe you still simply use these new (mining?) towers for uncovering the map. But because the sheikah towers are gone, storywise they give you a new way to do it - by standing on top of them, attaching the sheikah slate to the glider, the glider to the spool and letting it fly. Could be a short cutscene and that's that.

I think mapping out everything by ourselfs would be too much. I have seen my hero's path... and I really thought, I must have been everywhere :)

water-gumball.jpg

water-gumball-final.jpg

I think you're overthinking it. It's just a gachapon machine. The dome is glass. The things inside are capsules containing prizes. Probably gives you random weapons or crafting supplies or something.
TDW366k.jpg

I'll believe it when I see it but a demo might be the best way to prove to people that TotK can stand on its own despite reusing the map.

Not sure why would they make eShop demo, it's not a good showcase but it could have been datamined and it will be for sure datamined.

More leaks about demo + DLC plan apparently from the person that leaked the artbook.

No way. Nintendo has never done a Zelda demo released to the public and they are not about to start now. A demo at PAX is possible, but not one the public can download and potentially datamine.

I remember when someone got their hands on the Skyward Sword demo and the entire plot was datamined, lol. I even played it on my softmodded Wii

I'm just happy we're most likely seeing a PAX East demo, just what we wanted. A trailer during or before PAX would also be welcome, but I'm most interested in gameplay by FAR

Last edited:
"Nintendo would never do thing" to "Nintendo does said thing" has happened in the past.

Last edited:
I might try to overclock my switch for TotK. Have any others tried? Sorry mods if we’re not allowed to discuss it
If you are going to the extra mile of modding your switch, you might as well prepare your switch for when TotK eventually leaks(so long as you are actually going to purchase the game legally).

DLC will be super exciting. The one in Botw was fine but you could tell this was not really thought out during the making of the game. I really do think we will get nice content after the game releases.

Like everytime i end a Zelda game i want to go back to the world and play post final boss. I DREAM that this would be possible.

As someone said in the non-spoiler thread, the DLC may just be a footnote for the following:

"Pre-order the digital version and download it directly to your Nintendo Switch system—no code required! Plus, earn My Nintendo Gold Points you can use toward more games and DLC."

*Gold Points are awarded based on the amount you pay (excluding tax and any points or discounts used) and have no cash value. Bonus points will be issued on the game’s launch day, are earned based on the original list price of the game on Nintendo eShop, and will vary by country and currency. A Nintendo Account is required to receive and Redeem My Nintendo points. Terms apply. https://accounts.nintendo.com/term_point.

**Full version of game required to use DLC. Sold separately.

As someone said in the non-spoiler thread, the DLC may just be a footnote for the following:

"Pre-order the digital version and download it directly to your Nintendo Switch system—no code required! Plus, earn My Nintendo Gold Points you can use toward more games and DLC."

*Gold Points are awarded based on the amount you pay (excluding tax and any points or discounts used) and have no cash value. Bonus points will be issued on the game’s launch day, are earned based on the original list price of the game on Nintendo eShop, and will vary by country and currency. A Nintendo Account is required to receive and Redeem My Nintendo points. Terms apply. https://accounts.nintendo.com/term_point.

**Full version of game required to use DLC. Sold separately.
Oh god, in the future nintendos reward system will be so convoluted that it needs its own agreement :p

Yeah, seems like the fineprint wasmissread and a jump from totk to dlc was made while ignoring the middle part that was referenced in the dlc statement. Like, they where so cautious with their clarification that they became more obtuse.

Oh god, in the future nintendos reward system will be so convoluted that it needs its own agreement :p

Yeah, seems like the fineprint wasmissread and a jump from totk to dlc was made while ignoring the middle part that was referenced in the dlc statement. Like, they where so cautious with their clarification that they became more obtuse.
I don't know why this footnote was suddenly pointed out when it's been there since the Direct.

Age’s of Calamity menu theme was wonderful.

I hope Tears of the Kindgom’s soundtrack is great.

I bought this game months after it released, but still haven't played it, although I played the demo. Why does it seems everybody hates with passion this game? Apart from the obvious thing of being a musou and
the story not being canon (don't worry, I know about that, feel free to talk about the story)
Is there any other reason to dislike this game?

I bought this game months after it released, but still haven't played it, although I played the demo. Why does it seems everybody hates with passion this game? Apart from the obvious thing of being a musou and
the story not being canon (don't worry, I know about that, feel free to talk about the story)
The performance is pretty bad but otherwise it's mostly what you put in the spoiler tag. People expected it to be something else based on the way Nintendo sold it.

It's pretty much the story. The gameplay is fine, even pretty good for a warriors title.

AOC Story spoilers about what I didn't like beyond it even being non-canon:
I remember hating that they pretty much made a story about zelda but then it kept feeling like they ripped agency away from her being the one to prevent the upcoming tragedy, instead having her get a bit sad and then in response, Terrako, the little guardian keep Deus Ex Machinaing with little rhyme or reason, instead of letting her come up with a plan.

One example of this that I can remember, though vaguely, is at one point it looks like they wouldn't be able to get to the various past champions in time to save them and the divine beasts from an attack, and Zelda's right there with the time travel capable robot, but rather than have her actively come up with a brilliant plan to pull the future champions to the past using Terrako, she gets sad and then it just happens. It could have doubled up on showing that she was both right to have spent all that time studying how the technology works (which the king chastised her for), and smart and in charge enough to come up with a way to fix their situation, but nope, she gets to be a bit sad for a moment and then the solution is handed to them.

I vaguely remember things like that happening more than once, but I have no intention of going back through the story to find other examples.

I only really hate parts of the story. It has performance issues, tho they never bothered me. I just hate how they, in typical KT fashion, forced their OCs to the forefront of the story and made the main cast feel underutilized. It's mostly a story about Terrako, Harbinger Ganon, and Astor, despite supposedly being a backstory for BOTW. Even having moments that, non-canon timeline split or not, just outright contradict stuff in BOTW. It just really feels like a wasted opportunity story wise, especially when like they could have kept the Time Travel and had it be both a true a prequel and a sequel to BOTW.

Love the way the world and characters from BOTW look tho, and the game has the best Impa in the series, and the best Purah design.

People expected it to be something else based on the way Nintendo sold it.
It's pretty much the story
I only really hate parts of the story
Okay, so I just re-watched every trailer and definitely...
They make you believe it's literally a prequel, which is not for obvious reasons. It feels almost... dishonest? but still, how could they avoid disappointments without spoiling the time travel thing? Telling beforehand that it's not canon? That would kill the interest in this game.

I think Nintendo didn't want to let another developer make a canon Zelda game. May be AoC would have been better if it was less story-driven. However, one of the main concerns about BotW was the story, so AoC was in fact the perfect place to improve story-wise. At the end, I think this is the main problem with Nintendo warriors games, they are not going to be memorable if they are strictly based on just one game.

Nintendo, let Koei Tecmo make Smash Warriors with creative freedom, please!

Question re: art book translation. There is a supposedly translated line being bandied about on social media and in some click baity YouTube videos that reads: “This game has not only the sky, but also the earth and the bottom, as well as the Lilliput and the sea bottom”. Is this actually a line of translated text from the art book itself or was that a random person’s rumor? I can’t find or remember the source and I think it’s getting parroted as an actual line of text from the art book.

Question re: art book translation. There is a supposedly translated line being bandied about on social media and in some click baity YouTube videos that reads: “This game has not only the sky, but also the earth and the bottom, as well as the Lilliput and the sea bottom”. Is this actually a line of translated text from the art book itself or was that a random person’s rumor? I can’t find or remember the source and I think it’s getting parroted as an actual line of text from the art book.
I haven't translated the whole book, but most of the text is really basic stuff like "right side view" or "add more detail here."

There's like zero descriptive text.

Okay, so I just re-watched every trailer and definitely...
They make you believe it's literally a prequel, which is not for obvious reasons. It feels almost... dishonest? but still, how could they avoid disappointments without spoiling the time travel thing? Telling beforehand that it's not canon? That would kill the interest in this game.

I think Nintendo didn't want to let another developer make a canon Zelda game. May be AoC would have been better if it was less story-driven. However, one of the main concerns about BotW was the story, so AoC was in fact the perfect place to improve story-wise. At the end, I think this is the main problem with Nintendo warriors games, they are not going to be memorable if they are strictly based on just one game.

Nintendo, let Koei Tecmo make Smash Warriors with creative freedom, please!

I personally think they could have had their cake and ate it too by

basically splitting the game into two parts. Part I would have been the prequel people expected it to be, including the tragic ending. And only then then you'd have unlocked the alternate timeline that would have led into the events of Age of Calamity with time travel shenanigans and fanservice.

Ultimately, the game is still fun for what it is but it feels like it could have been better in this regard.

No it's from some random Twitter person who shared a fan rendition of the Zelda OLED that people thought was another leak.

They said a Zelda TOTK demo was coming to PAX, dlc will be announced for TOTK at some point and a TOTK demo was coming to Switch later
A Switch demo for an open world game sounds weird, especially one like BoTW, but I suppose just getting the Great Plateau equivalent would work? Possibly also time-limited

Still, it's a weird idea, not sure I buy it.

It's pretty much the story. The gameplay is fine, even pretty good for a warriors title.

AOC Story spoilers about what I didn't like beyond it even being non-canon:
I remember hating that they pretty much made a story about zelda but then it kept feeling like they ripped agency away from her being the one to prevent the upcoming tragedy, instead having her get a bit sad and then in response, Terrako, the little guardian keep Deus Ex Machinaing with little rhyme or reason, instead of letting her come up with a plan.

One example of this that I can remember, though vaguely, is at one point it looks like they wouldn't be able to get to the various past champions in time to save them and the divine beasts from an attack, and Zelda's right there with the time travel capable robot, but rather than have her actively come up with a brilliant plan to pull the future champions to the past using Terrako, she gets sad and then it just happens. It could have doubled up on showing that she was both right to have spent all that time studying how the technology works (which the king chastised her for), and smart and in charge enough to come up with a way to fix their situation, but nope, she gets to be a bit sad for a moment and then the solution is handed to them.

I vaguely remember things like that happening more than once, but I have no intention of going back through the story to find other examples.
How would you expect her to come up with this brilliant plan? Terrako time-travelled from the point where Link died 100 years before the future champions existed. As far as anyone in the AoC timeline knows the world ended in the original timeline and there are no future champions to call on. The big problem is how did Terrako know about them and how did it summon them even though the timeline had already been changed? How did the future champions know what was going on? Hell, why would you even call them for backup in the first place? All they did in BotW was provide VERY minor support to Link compared to the past Champions. AoC's story is in service to having characters you remember and not much more.

Age of Calamity was fine, and more importantly, made me really grateful that we got the bare minimum of cutscenes in Breath of the Wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Communication
Does your post contain any story spoilers? Please err on the side of caution and use spoiler tags before posting it. Failure to do so may result in being banned from the thread.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom