• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
February

image.png

April

image.png

It's just like with that little head-shaking animation after Link uses Ascend like after he was diving through water.

Are those animations useful? Nah.
But they add so much personality and detail to the grand scheme of things for a game.

My time here came to an end, what a ride it's been.

From the 3 patents in December 2021 to Game Awards 2021 (clown emoji), to the announcement delay in March 2022, to nothing in June 2022 to all the way up to September 2022 with title reveal and release date, to the Game Awards 2022 (clown emoji - this time Geoff trolling with clouds in Horizon right after Zelda won) right after that the OLED leak, to the February trailer, followed by artbook leak, to the gameplay last month with Fuse, up to the final trailer last week. At this point I certainly don't want to see previews/reviews to tell me how these towers or egg shrines things work or how exactly the game opens and bunch of other things.

So many enthusiastic Zelda fans here like:

Serif - sort of an alter ego of Zeltik, really. Always long and informative posts full of something you never even knew about.

@Dark Cloud - and his endless belief in underwater exploration for more than a year, I hope you will get it.

@Phendrift - biggest Zelda artwork fan ever.

@korok - for his "Zelda Direct doesn't exist" till the end.

@Awesomegames23 - Arguably the greatest hype machine, with the deserved biggest post count.

@manfromthedam - Zelda music expert, his piano arrangements are just too good for this world.

@NewPueblo - his incredible islands image dump. Like seriously what was that?

@WestEgg - for doing this incredible OP here, as well as on the old place. Can't wait for ST.

@Dardan Sandiego - still laughing at BOTW honeymoney phase post.

@Skittzo - "My bold prediction is Tingle will not be in this game" Feb. 19. 23 still remember it, very rude to do this to my guy.

And many others that it would take a while to mention them all.

The latest Link's grand adventure starts again in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom coming in just 21 days. Almost 4 years from the announcement waiting for this moment.

See you all in the ST! It was an honor.

"Enjoy the journey as much as the destination."

My time here came to an end, what a ride it's been.

From the 3 patents in December 2021 to Game Awards 2021 (clown emoji), to the announcement delay in March 2022, to nothing in June 2022 to all the way up to September 2022 with title reveal and release date, to the Game Awards 2022 (clown emoji - this time Geoff trolling with clouds in Horizon right after Zelda won) right after that the OLED leak, to the February trailer, followed by artbook leak, to the gameplay last month with Fuse, up to the final trailer last week. At this point I certainly don't want to see previews/reviews to tell me how these towers or egg shrines things work or how exactly the game opens and bunch of other things.

So many enthusiastic Zelda fans here like:

Serif - sort of an alter ego of Zeltik, really. Always long and informative posts full of something you never even knew about.

@Dark Cloud - and his endless belief in underwater exploration for more than a year, I hope you will get it.

@Phendrift - biggest Zelda artwork fan ever.

@korok - for his "Zelda Direct doesn't exist" till the end.

@Awesomegames23 - Arguably the greatest hype machine, with the deserved biggest post count.

@manfromthedam - Zelda music expert, his piano arrangements are just too good for this world.

@NewPueblo - his incredible islands image dump. Like seriously what was that?

@WestEgg - for doing this incredible OP here, as well as on the old place. Can't wait for ST.

@Dardan Sandiego - still laughing at BOTW honeymoney phase post.

@Skittzo - "My bold prediction is Tingle will not be in this game" Feb. 19. 23 still remember it, very rude to do this to my guy.

And many others that it would take a while to mention them all.

The latest Link's grand adventure starts again in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom coming in just 21 days. Almost 4 years from the announcement waiting for this moment.

See you all in the ST! It was an honor.

"Enjoy the journey as much as the destination."

See you on the other side - love ya, Space Revali!

Three more weeks...

I can't remember the last time i have been this impatient.
Wasn't like this for Elden Ring, and as a massive Soulsborne fan i was hyped for that release.

Don't even think it was this bad for BotW.

Three more weeks...

I can't remember the last time i have been this impatient.
Wasn't like this for Elden Ring, and as a massive Soulsborne fan i was hyped for that release.

Don't even think it was this bad for BotW.
Same.. With Elden Ring I think I they showed so much by doing in depth gameplay presentations and then the network tests that while I was hyped I kinda knew what the game was going to be. I was a surprise just how huge the game was when actually playing but with Zelda and Nintendo in general you never know what kind of gameplay innovations we will be treated to. I mean I really love Soulsborne games but in terms of what you can do as a player they are pretty conservative.

They discuss some interesting ideas here I think! For example the green spiral things that most people have assumed are just the new shrines being like time shifting portals that allows for going back in time around those areas. I do think that it seems reasonable that the type of gameplay we got in shrines in BotW will be present on sky islands and probably caves as well (like we even se motion control puzzles in the sky). So to have specific shrines with more of that gameplay seem kinda superfluous actually.

Also really interesting speculation about Ganondorf origin story connected to the heroine statues. That in the past he was king of the gerudos and one of eight original sages/heros but his lust for power led to a betrayal. And that's why one of statues are removed later and found in the highlands. We also saw in the tv spot that there is something going on with those statues.

In those new spots, you can see the statues of the seven heroines badly damaged ... weren't they in good condition in BotW?

Dorf being petty and destroying them, huh?

A better look at the tower. Still can’t really get a feel on the design, kinda looks like a big chimney. I have to imagine they operate the same as the Shiekah tiers from the first game.

A wise man said:

In terms of marketing delivery, the cycle should be as follows :

Week 13 - Aonuma presents ToTK gameplay (current week)
Week 14 - Mario movie; no Zelda news
Week 15 - Last trailer
Week 16 -
Week 17 - Previews & OLED release
Week 18 - Overview Trailer
Week 19 - Reviews and Launch
Aiming for a perfect 😋

Honestly I think the wait is ridiculous. Once they have established that all of the product has reached a certain pre-order threshold and retailers have enough to meet demand just send the green light and get it out. The fact there is such a wait between the ZOLED Switch and the game is so damn annoying.

Honestly I think the wait is ridiculous. Once they have established that all of the product has reached a certain pre-order threshold and retailers have enough to meet demand just send the green light and get it out. The fact there is such a wait between the ZOLED Switch and the game is so damn annoying.
That's definitely a you problem. Just be patient

you can wait faster

Super excited for the game but I have zero desire to fight another Talus

(Or 8 of them)

Surprised to see people jump to defend the wait. Who actively wants to encourage a wait for a game that's leaking by the day?
Theres a certain amount of logistics attached to the release of a game like this. You can't expect Nintendo to just give the release a "go" and then expect every country in the world to release the game at the same time without people being massively spoiled while not being able to get the game for another week. That's why there is a release date so long in advance

Theres a certain amount of logistics attached to the release of a game like this. You can't expect Nintendo to just give the release a "go" and then expect every country in the world to release the game at the same time without people being massively spoiled while not being able to get the game for another week. That's why there is a release date so long in advance
Actually that's fair. I'm not thinking straight. My excitement has overtaken rationality.

I’ve been trying to stay away from new information and sticking with mostly the Spoiler thread on speculation, but I’m counting new info as spoilers now so this thread feels like the spoiler thread to me now.

Surprised to see people jump to defend the wait. Who actively wants to encourage a wait for a game that's leaking by the day?

When you live in a small, remote market, retailers often don't get the copies until just before, even the day before, launch. The game would be a lot more spoiled for those of us who are in that position. There are many reasons why hard launch dates are set way in advance - and one of them is that many smaller markets are supplied with re-shipments from the retailers that are theoretically able to break street dates.

When you live in a small, remote market, retailers often don't get the copies until just before, even the day before, launch. The game would be a lot more spoiled for those of us who are in that position. There are many reasons why hard launch dates are set way in advance - and one of them is that many smaller markets are supplied with re-shipments from the retailers that are theoretically able to break street dates.
Thank you for the clarification, I should've prefaced my mini-rant with my absolute lack of knowledge on any sort of retail logistics / total lack of rationality

I’ve been trying to stay away from new information and sticking with mostly the Spoiler thread on speculation, but I’m counting new info as spoilers now so this thread feels like the spoiler thread to me now.
maybe we should Fuse both threads

brian-baumgartner-badumtss.gif

I'm reading words like "past" in here and honestly had no idea this was even a possibility based on the trailers alone. I'm wondering if people could take that speculation/spoiler discussion to the spoiler thread?

I don't want to dive deep into speculation before launch, I just want to hype around in here.

Thank you for the clarification, I should've prefaced my mini-rant with my absolute lack of knowledge on any sort of retail logistics / total lack of rationality

Nah, you're good! We all know some things better than other things. And like juuso just said, we're all super excited and want to get our hands on the game.

I just hope the (literal) shipments arrive in time for me to get the game on launch date :D

Btw. for all EU/german Famers here who happen to want the TotK CE but weren't able to get a preorder in:

I do have two preorders for it. Absolutely willing to give this to someone who really wants it at no additional cost (i'm not a god damn scalper) + shipping.
If no one wants it, i'm just going to cancel one of the two orders.

Btw. part 2 ... is it bad that i might consider getting the game digitally too, all while having the CE secured for launch day?

Question: has Zelda marketing ever ruined a game or shown too much? The team has always seemed to be overtly cautious about its approach to showing its product; unless other users spoil it for us here, I'm not too worried about official announcements and trailers through the game's release date.

Question: has Zelda marketing ever ruined a game or shown too much? The team has always seemed to be overtly cautious about its approach to showing its product; unless other users spoil it for us here, I'm not too worried about official announcements and trailers through the game's release date.
Skyward Sword got way too much information blowout before launch. I believe they might have shown every area and dungeon minus the last one and lots of bosses. I don't think they left any gameplay mechanic as a surprise. The first half of the story was pretty much known.

The one saving grace of being in the midst of moving to a new house, as well as starting a new job a month ago, is that I've been too busy and too tired to agonize over the wait for this game.

If anything, after Monday, I wish could sleep these next few weeks away!

Skyward Sword got way too much information blowout before launch. I believe they might have shown every area and dungeon minus the last one and lots of bosses. I don't think they left any gameplay mechanic as a surprise. The first half of the story was pretty much known.

That's interesting. I don't remember that marketing cycle at all, but maybe that's because the last few games (Link Between Worlds, Awakening, BOTW) had less shown or was a remake of an existing title.

I'm reading words like "past" in here and honestly had no idea this was even a possibility based on the trailers alone. I'm wondering if people could take that speculation/spoiler discussion to the spoiler thread?

I don't want to dive deep into speculation before launch, I just want to hype around in here.
This speculation is based on the trailer scene where Link is in the restored Hyrule Castle and Zelda in a location that doesn't have sky islands. No leaks.
People are discussing here because they don't want to go to the artbook leak thread. Just want to speculate with the information we are supposed to have.

Before the last trailer dropped I had a few ideas of where I wanted to go after I landed in “Unfamiliar Hyrule” again but now with more info coming out daily I can’t decide what direction I want to go to first. I had intended to head towards death mountain first because I want to ride on the new mine cart rollercoaster ride attraction first, but seeing Gerudo desert now, I may have to change my plans. Plus it seems like there are going to be all kinds of new crazy things we find in the environment that will distract me and make me forget where I was headed in the first place. Can’t wait to be lost all over again.

Before the last trailer dropped I had a few ideas of where I wanted to go after I landed in “Unfamiliar Hyrule” again but now with more info coming out daily I can’t decide what direction I want to go to first. I had intended to head towards death mountain first because I want to ride on the new mine cart rollercoaster ride attraction first, but seeing Gerudo desert now, I may have to change my plans. Plus it seems like there are going to be all kinds of new crazy things we find in the environment that will distract me and make me forget where I was headed in the first place. Can’t wait to be lost all over again.
I want to stay in the sky as much as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Communication
Please note that this thread is completely spoiler-free, and that includes tagged spoilers. If you want to discuss spoilers, we refer to the spoiler thread.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom