• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This image people are sharing of "Demise" is Ganondorf as depicted on the Zonai mural seen at the end of the trailer.

0wR2IoK_d.webp

The-Legend-of-Zelda-Tears-of-the-Kingdom-Official-Trailer-3-3-28-screenshot.png

Look at the shape of the top figure's nose, and his horn. I'm guessing this is what becomes of Ganondorf when he becomes fully engulfed in malice.

Given the connections between Ganondorf's malice and continued resurrection to Demise ("My hate... never perishes."), it does make sense that Ganondorf may resemble him if he takes in more of that energy.

Trailer didnt show too much of the overworld changes(dont want to spoil much!) though what they did show was really cool, especially those "arbiters grounds".

What really got me hyped from the trailer so far was the massive underground shots, further confirming exploration there. Also in some other shots there are more cave entrances seen and the malice holes are shown yet again. Also they are maybe hiding some other big sky islands as they showed the big tutorial one again quite a bit.

The pessimistic scenario for me is that she's only recovered from the past by completing the game, and therefore, like BotW, she's actively in the game for only the opening and closing segments.

Well the Zelda series hasn't really done much to make me expect much better than this, lol. The best case scenario I can imagine with their history is that she will be a companion character for the final dungeon, or even just final boss. So not too disimiliar from her role in games like OoT (well, a lesser role given no Sheik) and... BotW.

This image people are sharing of "Demise" is Ganondorf as depicted on the Zonai mural seen at the end of the trailer.

0wR2IoK_d.webp

The-Legend-of-Zelda-Tears-of-the-Kingdom-Official-Trailer-3-3-28-screenshot.png

Look at the shape of the top figure's nose, and his horn. I'm guessing this is what becomes of Ganondorf when he becomes fully engulfed in malice.

Given the connections between Ganondorf's malice and continued resurrection to Demise ("My hate... never perishes."), it does make sense that Ganondorf may resemble him if he takes in more of that energy.
Plus you can see his messed up arm which he's hiding under the big robe sleeve in his "normal" form, despite being otherwise bare-torso'd.

What makes this new trailer even more crazy is the realization that most of the artbook content was still not shown.

This game is about to blow minds!

What makes this new trailer even more crazy is the realization that most of the artbook content was still not shown.

This game is about to blow minds!
True, tbh the artbook is still what has got me hyped the most so far. And yeah they dont want to give away too much yet

I just realized they built some level of swimming mechanics/traversal for when Link is swimming inside that ball of water. Makes me wonder if underwater swimming could still be a thing. Just a thought lol.

I wonder if this game will get an official guide. I loved BotW’s Piggyback guide, it was so well made. Both FuturePress and Piggyback make outstanding guides that make great collector’s items, even if the concept of physical guides are out of style these days.
I’m glad I’m not the only one. I absolutely love collecting guidebooks and it’d be a real shame not to have a TotK one to add to my collection. Yeah, for the average player, physical guides are mostly worthless because of the Internet, but it’s still so nice to have an awesome new book to collect.

Yes, these two could be the ones in the tapestry. We see the character to the right with red tentacle fire hair in the trailer as well (looked like an enemy but I am not so sure).

18193-0-xtBkRwr3KO0YGU0D-jpeg
I've always thought it was odd how the ancient hero in this tapestry was so specifically red. What if.... mummy Ganondorf is actually the ancient hero/Link? And is also the tall mfer putting their hand on Zelda's shoulder?

Edited

Yeah, it's in the leak thread. Technically it's a leak so it belongs there for now. Once Nintendo shows it officially, it can go in this thread.

Last edited:
I wonder if the two dragons in the logo represent the sun and the moon. An ouroboros is a single dragon/snake consuming itself, representing 'eternal cyclic renewal' or one of life, death, and rebirth. But I was trying to think of things in the real world that rely on two different, opposing, yet similar, interconnected entities that are part of a cycle. Like ying and yang. Only the sun and the moon came to mind, especially with the focus on the blood moon in this title.

Sun on the right and moon on the left?

It wasn't shown explicitly, but aerial combat must feel great in the game. We saw Link soaring through the sky with Tulin, the 3 headed monster having wings and being able to fly, the zero gravity platforming stuff. I wondee if it's limited to bow and arrow.
Anyone remember this?

Ah, when we all still were referring to the game a BoTW 2. I kind of feel nostalgic now.

This been discussed yet? Contains some spoilers.

Where I first saw it

different elemental Gleeoks potentially confirmed

clever use of arrow fuse for dark areas

Surely the missing tutorial ability is what I'm calling 'moon parkour' at 2:27 in the footage? As well as high jumps it could lock you to narrow beams and home in on platforms.
edit: also at 1:31

Last edited:
We've seen 5 tears:
Blue - Sidon (Zora)
Green - Tulin (Rito)
Orange - Riju (Gerudo)
Red - Ganondorf (?)
Yellow - Zelda/Basket (Hylian? Zonai?)

There's no way there's not a tear associated with the Gorons, I would have expected that tear to be red, and it's weird that they're not showing Yunobo or a Goron champion in the trailer or artwork. Maybe the one Ganondorf has was stolen from them?

There's at least 7 tears (mural at the beginning of trailer #1), but there's also the mural from that same trailer with Goat and Zelda/Basket facing each other that has 2 tears. Those may be part of the 7, but may also be additional, special tears. If they're additional tears, I could see Ganondorf having an additional special one as well, for a total of 10.

I think we've got a few scenarios here:
A) 7 tears - Zora, Rito, Gerudo, Goron, Basket/Zelda, Ganondorf, Goat/Link.
B) 7 tears - Zora, Rito, Gerudo, Goron, Sheikah, Hylian, Other (Korok/Zonai/Dragon), with Ganondorf having stolen the Goron tear.
C) 10 tears - Zora, Rito, Gerudo, Goron, Sheikah, Hylian, Other (Korok?) as part of one set, and Basket/Zelda, Ganondorf, Goat/Link being a different set of 3.

Last edited:
We've seen 5 tears:
Blue - Sidon (Zora)
Green - Tulin (Rito)
Orange - Riju (Gerudo)
Red - Ganondorf (?)
Yellow - Zelda/Basket (Hylian? Zonai?)

There's no way there's not a tear associated with the Gorons, I would have expected that tear to be red, and it's weird that they're not showing Yunobo or a Goron champion in the trailer or artwork. Maybe the one Ganondorf has was stolen from them?

There's at least 7 tears (mural at the beginning of trailer #1), but there's also the mural from that same trailer with Rauru and Zelda/Basket facing each other that has 2 tears. Those may be part of the 7, but may also be additional, special tears. If they're additional tears, I could see Ganondorf having an additional special one as well, for a total of 10.
I think it's implied that it's 7. Goat Zonai guy (I'd put his name in spoilers if I were you) has a white one on his hand it looks like. So like you said the Gorons having one would make 7 pretty logically.

I think it's implied that it's 7. Goat Zonai guy (I'd put his name in spoilers if I were you) has a white one on his hand it looks like. So like you said the Gorons having one would make 7 pretty logically.

I'd say there's 8, mystical sky lady had 7 and Zelda had 1 mirrored one (September trailer)

With how much about this game is leaking, I wouldn't be surprised if this game has been done since last summer and copies of the game, commercials, special edition systems, and such have just been sitting around for months on end.

I can definitely see Nintendo delaying this game and holding on to it because "Switch 2" was delayed due to last years chip shortage.

I don't think that's a tear. It's spherical and clear with a yellow, smokey energy in it. I think it's something that lets him and Zelda communicate with Link.

That would be pretty disappointing. It pretty much means 4 or 5 major "dungeons" with the same or similar champions as BotW. A Sheikah or Korok story mission where you're accompanied by Paya or Hestu would be awesome.

With how much about this game is leaking, I wouldn't be surprised if this game has been done since last summer and copies of the game, commercials, special edition systems, and such have just been sitting around for months on end.

I can definitely see Nintendo delaying this game and holding on to it because "Switch 2" was delayed due to last years chip shortage.
I suppose the book and special ed might have been booked for a potential March date originally, but that's it really.

I'm hoping health works differently this time. Like instead of relying on heart containers, there's more of a focus on the temp hearts that foods give you. After a while temp hearts became useless, food in general wasn't really well balanced imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Communication
Please note that this thread is completely spoiler-free, and that includes tagged spoilers. If you want to discuss spoilers, we refer to the spoiler thread.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom