• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom launches May 12th, 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazi

picross pundit

FcixZIQakAAUZSG.jpg

Last edited:
If anyone had leaked "Tears of the Kingdom" as the title not a soul would have believed it. Feels like that "slightly too edgy" title teenagers would guess.

I think someone actually used Tears of the Kingdom before lol.

Anyways. I don’t see the spoilers in the title. But like I haven’t played the game so why would I lol.

At least it wasn’t breath of the something lol.

Looks great, and finally a date! Wasn't much of a trailer, true, but to be honest I don't need much to be hype for this.

So glad it has a solid release date and title! Hopefully the February Direct will give us a blowout of the game.

It's a beautiful name. In retrospect... 'tears' --- ugh why didn't I guess a name would use tears? It's in all the Shiekah iconography and the tear from the last trailer !

It's cool they're making a new Zelda and all but they really should release BOTW2 first before announcing another one.

Pumped we got a title and release date. Just wish they would actually give us a trailer

I’m very happy it wasn’t delayed :) May is a good time for it. Hope Xbox wasn’t planning on launching Starfield on Space Day (5/5), haha

Prepare to see the acronym TotK 1000s of times over the rest of your life.

I can already see the youtube videos in a decade's time - BotW vs TotK! Which was better? The originality of the first or the polished evolution of the second?

Maybe they changed the title. Tears of the Kingdom doesn't really give away anything, which is good. I like the title though, complements botw's without sounding completely forced.

What they showed is interesting, but I'd like something other than teasers. When are they going to release a proper trailer?

Okay. I guess teasing. But at this point. It feels like they really want to
Show off the game In a specific matter.

Wonder what that could be 😳

Somehow disappointed in the lack of ports this year, but good to know those 6 years of development won’t be wasted. Looks stunning from the small bits they’ve shown us.

Interesting 🤔
A war is depicted in the drawings (?) and 7 tears-like things surrounding the character in the middle.

I don't know why people are freaked out about how little they are showing. This is classic Nintendo PR - show a little and let people discover on their own.

Remember BOTW? They only showed off some very early game material and when we got our hands on the game it blew our minds. Trust the Process!

It's the third trailer that I don't feel much about this game. Second one being the more interesting. But I still have hope.

Usually a new Zelda game fails my expectation maybe this one will be the opposite...XD

I am not a fan of these short teasers but... yeah, the game looks outstanding and the new gimmick seems the most impressive the series has seen.

Also, why does the logo looks like an Ouroboros? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom