• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic The Game Awards 2022 |ST| An Ad Sent On

if I were that kid I would have just screamed "PIKMIN 4 IS REAL!"

maxresdefault.jpg
I HAVE SEEN WHAT CANNOT BE UNSEEN. The secret to Sakurai's youth, the real life horrors behind Eternal Darkness, the coming of Mother trilogy, and end to all! WHAT DOES THE SECRET VIDEO GAME OVERLORD CABAL NOT WANT YOU TO KNOW‽ And yet you do not listen. THE RATS EAT YOUR EYES!

Nintendo doesn't want to show TotK anymore. It already felt like they had to do it earlier this year. Barely showed Pikmin 4. I'm just ready for this new Switch
oh yeah, the thirty seconds of pikmin 4 also have me dreaming about hardware

I just want the pink screen like when you were on GVG.
I'm not sure how my Discord background went pink that time but then reverted back, randomly.

Overall, not a bad show. Nintendo making some announcements via ad runs (like Fire Emblem Engage Season Pass) was a nice surprise and the Bayonetta spin-off being so soon.

Shocked GoldenEye 007 remains missing and I question what the urgency was to announce it in September, if they were just going to put us on ice for months. Hollow Knight Silksong absence was also a surprise, as the release is rapidly approaching. I'll blame that opening acceptance speed for their absence.

I legit thought he was Josef's kid.
That woulda made sense, considering the help I would've assumed he needed to infiltrate the stage like that. Maybe it takes two?

A Vega mask. Dress pants. Button up shirt. Vest. A thin tie.
That would certainly blow away what Phil Spencer was wearing tonight, goddamn 🤘

we can postulate all we want about the ethics of the situation from afar but I can't imagine what everyone on that stage was thinking afterwards

geoff keighley: "could I have gotten hidetaka miyazaki killed?"
You know he'd be more worried for Kojima

I know Nintendo didn't show TOTK, but this is the best showing they've had in a while. Bayonetta Origins (brand new game announcement), Fire Emblem Engage DLC (new announcement), and a new clip from the Mario Movie. If anything this just gives me more faith in the partnership going forward.

As for TOTK, I just don't think it's time for it. The game doesn't have a full trailer yet and TGA would be a weird non-Nintendo place to give it one.

yep, it's time for me to start banging the hardware drum again

gonna ramp up through december until it's absolutely fervent by january

Geoff be like, alright nothing embarassing happened, it all went well. And then, in the very last second the Bill Clinton comes. You can't make this shit up.

Definitely going to rightfully be security questions after the incident, but provided he didn’t sneak in a back door, thankfully the Microsoft Theater has a pretty decent security check at the front door for weapons. Been there for like ten concerts, always felt relatively safe.

I know Nintendo didn't show TOTK, but this is the best showing they've had in a while. Bayonetta Origins (brand new game announcement), Fire Emblem Engage DLC (new announcement), and a new clip from the Mario Movie. If anything this just gives me more faith in the partnership going forward.

As for TOTK, I just don't think it's time for it. The game doesn't have a full trailer yet and TGA would be a weird non-Nintendo place to give it one.
And one huge third party game reveal! Hellboy. That's it.

I know Hades 2 evetually end up on Switch but the only third party game with Switch logo on was Hellboy. Pre-show reveal. Shame on you third parties. Shame.

imagine a dude being in your house

he's not doing anything but he's just there

what do you do?
Pretty sure that's the devil.

I think to my training of reading The Master and Margarita and offer him some wine.

I don't have wine stocked. I offer some coffee instead.

Turns out I'm probably one of those hapless fools in the first half of the book and not the Master after all.

Probably no bizarre masquerade either.

ok but can you imagine being the one to explain the full context of what just happened to miyazaki et al

“yeah this is the country where alt right teenagers regularly massacre dozens of people in public places. Sorry for the security breach”

Nintendo Co., Ltd. (Minami-ward of Kyoto-city, President Shuntaro Furukawa) will launch "Nintendo DS2" (temp) during the fiscal year ending March 2023, on which games can be enjoyed with 2D effects.
"Nintendo DS2" (temp) is going to be the new portable game machine to succeed "Nintendo DS series", whose cumulative consolidated sales from Nintendo amounted to 125 million units as of the end of December 2009, and will include backward compatibility so that the software for Nintendo DS series, including the ones for Nintendo DSi, can also be enjoyed.
We are planning to announce additional details at Nintendo Direct show, which is scheduled to be held from Junuary 25th 2023.

Excuse me are you just going to casually drop this and leave /s

Or is this just a "yeah it's coming soon based off the Microsoft thing and because it's been so long" kinda thing
It’s supposed to be out before June 2023 if Microsoft’s only games coming out in 1 year from not-E3 2022 holds.

I really wanted to win a steam deck lol. Really just so it can be my rom machine because I hate using my computer for that. If inflation eases next year, which seems 50-50 right now, I'll probably end up buying one.

The exclusivity deal with Sony is the interesting question. Is it coming only to PC after a year or two or to Xbox as well?
That's exactly what I'm wondering about, along with whether it'll manage to release on PS4/XBone too. Possibly pie in the sky hopes but who knows anymore

The exclusivity deal with Sony is the interesting question. Is it coming only to PC after a year or two or to Xbox as well?
Drake should be a possibility as well. I think the ship sailed for FF15 but FF16 should be the glorious return of the franchise to Nintendo.

I don't think Nintendo not doing so many cinematic games means it's at odds with what they aim for

Also, I feel like this is underselling the gameplay, which is top notch
Granted I haven’t played Ragnarok, but if it’s similar to the original I reaaaaally didn’t like the gameplay in GoW 2018. At all. Something about it just felt wrong to me, and I was never able to shake that feeling. Plus I’m not a fan of its style of storytelling/gameplay mix; I know the no-cut cutscenes are well loved but I don’t really care for it much and honestly prefer classic cutscenes.

Christopher Judge is amazing, though, and his performance is incredible, no argument there. Let’s go Teal’c!

I would argue that the only reason BotW was shown during past TGAs was simply because there was nothing else on Nintendo's plate that they could offer. In '14 the few remaining Wii U games were titles like Splatoon and Mario Maker which wouldn't elicit a big response from the segment of the gaming community that watches TGA. At that time showing the new, upcoming Zelda was necessary to keep some form of momentum for Nintendo since third parties were avoiding the Wii U like the plague. Then in '16 Nintendo was keeping their cards close to their chest in preparation for the Switch showcase. During that time showing gameplay of BotW was a teaser since games like Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, and others were kept in the wings for Nintendo's own show.

These days there is no need for that since Nintendo is riding high on the Switch gravy train. TGAs are now to showcase games from close third party partners and DLC, both of which were shown tonight apparently.

Possibility of the games shown today coming to Drake:

For sure:
Diablo 4
Remnant II
WH40K Space Marine II
Crash Team Rumble

Maybe:
Street Fighter VI
Final Fantasy XVI
Transformers Reactive
Armored Core VI

Nah:
Tekken 8
Jedi Survivor
Lords of Fallen II
Judas
Blue Protocol

That was also finally the trailer that has me truly hyped for FF16. There was some COLOR! In the environment! It DOES exist!

H1 2023 is incredibly stacked.

Microsoft didn't announce anything, right? Really weird. Are they planning a showcase in the coming months? They must cause Forza and Starfield are supposed to be coming in the first half iirc.

That's exactly what I'm wondering about, along with whether it'll manage to release on PS4/XBone too. Possibly pie in the sky hopes but who knows anymore
Drake should be a possibility as well. I think the ship sailed for FF15 but FF16 should be the glorious return of the franchise to Nintendo.
I'll be honest with both of you. I don't have hopes for either last-gen or next Nintendo hardware versions. This is the game where Square-Enix wants to show what they can achieve on PS5 hardware alone, and I have a feeling Sony really doesn't want new mainline Final Fantasy on Nintendo systems.

Microsoft didn't announce anything, right? Really weird. Are they planning a showcase in the coming months? They must cause Forza and Starfield are supposed to be coming in the first half iirc.
Yeah a complete nothing from Microsoft was unusual. I really thought we’d get a Starfield date at least.

I'll be honest with both of you. I don't have hopes for either last-gen or next Nintendo hardware versions. This is the game where Square-Enix wants to show what they can achieve on PS5 hardware alone, and I have a feeling Sony really doesn't want new mainline Final Fantasy on Nintendo systems.
If Nintendo wants this on their console, they'll get it. The question is, will they? Will they specifically request a port after the exclusively done or expect Square to bring it themselves? They sure are more aggressive this time around so it's really hard to say.

If this ends up on Xbox, Sony won't have any say in a potential Nintendo port. If they act with hostility, Nintendo will respond with hostility.

If Nintendo wants this on their console, they'll get it. The question is, will they? Will they specifically request a port after the exclusively done or expect Square to bring it themselves? They sure are more aggressive this time around so it's really hard to say.

If this ends up on Xbox, Sony won't have any say in a potential Nintendo port. If they act with hostility, Nintendo will respond with hostility.
Let's wait and see. Considering FFVII Remake is still not on Xbox, I remain skeptical about other console versions for mainline FF.

Speaking of indie games, pretty surprised Sports Story didn’t show here. Felt like as good a time as any to announce the final release date.

Speaking of indie games, pretty surprised Sports Story didn’t show here. Felt like as good a time as any to announce the final release date.
Oh yeah I was betting on that being shadowdropped

All of my expected announcements didn't actually show up while one of my hopes (Supergiant) did. I'm bad at predictions

Jan - Fire Emblem Engage
Feb - Octopath Traveller II
Mar - Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon
April - TBD
May - The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Gonna be very closely watching to see when the exclusivity window for this one runs out
I'm basically sold after seeing party members in that trailer
The trailer said it's exclusive until 12/31/23. Obviously it'll be exclusive for longer because it won't come out elsewhere on Jan 1st 2024 lol. So maybe Spring of '24 if I had to guess.

Shocked GoldenEye 007 remains missing and I question what the urgency was to announce it in September, if they were just going to put us on ice for months.
I would have thought it was obvious. The September Direct was the time to make the case for people to renew their Expansion Pack subs. That's also why BCP was shown even though wave 3 was months away.

2023 already looking mighty good in terms of exclusives and even Octopath II being there. Gonna be a good year if this is what we're already getting.

Wasn't expecting to get a Bayonetta spin off as Nintendo's March game it must be said.

Catching up on stuff now I'm awake. Doesn't seem like I missed a huge amount on the announcement outside of the stuff I did stay awake for. Hades 2 is a welcome surprise for sure. Was eyebrow raising to log on and wonder why Bill Clinton was everywhere tbh.

No surprises really on the awards front, including Xenoblade lamentably not getting the soundtrack nod. One of these days Mitsuda will get his due.

And just chiming in briefly on the Goldeneye disucssion, it does bring this old Advance Wars fan here some comfort to know it's not the only game Nintendo are randomly sitting on.

Back
Top Bottom