• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic The Game Awards 2022 |ST| An Ad Sent On

Catching up on the non-Bayo stuff but that new Horizon trailer looks nice. Also Armored Core, I hope I get some enjoyment out of the online before things inevitably go crazy.

It's just sinking in for me that Ken Levine left behind 2K / Bioshock to end up just making Bioshock again

also without a date on that trailer and his history of blowing smoke (and mistreating developers) I am not getting any bit invested until closer to release

For what it's worth, I don't think the Mario movie's release is going to be in place of a game release that month.
Yeah I always stick it there as a reminder of where it fits. I fully expect an April game of some sort in addition to Wave 4 of the Mario Kart DLC.

January directs were always cozy and nice right after the holiday. I don't want to have to trudge through January for a Feb. direct

It's just sinking in for me that Ken Levine left behind 2K / Bioshock to end up just making Bioshock again
Which was just System Shock 2 again for consoles...

I'm all for people doing what they like but at the same time, the dude is high on his own supply (with plenty of sycophants telling him "everything's alright") and this is what happens when you faff around for 8 years with a high concept project that didn't come to fruition and now the money guys at 2K are again asking "so Ken... when do we get a return on our investment?" while behind them Big Mikey is leaning against a wall half-concealed in the shadows slowly slapping a baseball bat against his palm...

also without a date on that trailer and his history of blowing smoke (and mistreating developers) I am not getting any bit invested until closer to release

yeah... about that, this is from January:

Last edited:
They brought up this guy for the pre-release hype videos for Wii, 3DS and Wii U but he's yet to make anything for a Nintendo consoles. Fake Nintendo fan lol, at least Kojima can call himself one after the Boktai series.

2K had the decency to bring Bioshock to Nintendo after his departure, though.

Best part

Man, I just love this dude.

Minor hot take though, not really a fan of them using Weight of Life. Great song of course, but it should've been A Life Sent On, particularly the portion that plays during Eclipse Homecoming.

Yes, it's true. Very soon. The song shall be sung with silk.
I love that you're saying this in a thread for an event that's already yesterday's news, that the vultures looking for youtube content have likely already moved on from. 👍😏

I'm not sure we can definitively say Cereza and the Lost Demon is necessarily on a small scale. Xghost already covered some reasons why:
oh we cant definitly. but as it stands to me that seems more reasonable/realistic, im open for a suprise, but the artstyle, context (spinoff), perspective (isometric top down), and that even mainstream entries in the series where never huge sellers to me just screams small scale. Small scale not in "its a 2-3 hour game", but in budget and project scope. i see it more in line with Travis Strikes Again and Sakuna: of rice and ruin (i know, indies). But well see, if it is a full scope (compared to other AAA games), then they will have more flashy trailers closer to its release. OR they hoped that B3 is a HUGE seller and having a spinoff half a year later would lead to great sales of the spinoff? whatever.

Well... did not even hear about that. how did he manage to interrupt?

i see it more in line with Travis Strikes Again and Sakuna: of rice and ruin
Now you're just making me more excited for it
Well... did not even hear about that. how did he manage to interrupt?
He was dressed up a bit and managed to blend in with the Elden Ring crowd on their way to the stage, stood very quietly behind them while they accepted the award, then when they got off the mic he nonchalantly got on the mic as though he was with them and had some thank-yous to make.

...this is weird.

Apparently, his Infowars stuff was when he was 12 years old. So that's not really him making a statement as much as it is the channel politically grooming a child.

Baffling thing to happen and an even more baffling fallout.

Idk how I feel about Ken Levine. It's clear he's something of a bullshitter but I also kinda respect a creative visionary jettisoning anything he's not convinced will be good.

...So I guess I do know how I feel about him lol. Just not sure if the good outweighs the bad.

Back
Top Bottom