• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Predictions Super Mario Bros. Wonder - Review Prediction Thread

Predict Super Mario Bros. Wonder's Review Score!

• 96+

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • 91-95

Votes: 188 54.8%
  • 86-90

Votes: 129 37.6%
  • 81-85

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • 76-80

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 75 or less

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this mean Baldur's Gate 3 will win goty due to a split Nintendo vote?
american-psycho-maybe.gif

If it holds at 94, that'd actually be kinda nuts. 3 games from the same publisher at 94 or higher in one year (Prime Remastered, TotK, and now Mario) is, I don't know, probably not totally unheard of, but I can't remember another time it happened.

I have to say that going from the pessimism of the last couple of days in this thread to Super mario bros wonder becoming the 4th highest rated mario game and highest rated 2d mario game ever was the best roller coaster I've ever been through

Only 33 reviews? I know it’s just the start but I wonder if this will get in the 100+ range. That’s a good start, though.

Glad I waited on buying a PS5. I saw the 90+ for Spiderman 2 and was going to buy a PS5, but I think Wonder reviews are good enough to buy a Switch now. Looking forward to it.

Dexerto review is pretty much what I expect going into the game

Dexerto
OCT 17, 2023
While Super Mario Bros. Wonder doesn't revolutionize Nintendo’s beloved series, the charming 2D platformer successfully pays homage to its roots, paving the way forward with unique twists that keep the gameplay feeling fresh…Mario Bros. Wonder may not take the crown from Super Mario Bros. 3 or Odyssey, but the latest outing encapsulates the very essence of what a 2D Mario game should be. It’s silly, whacky, and most importantly great fun…The fact that Nintendo can still deliver a great 2D Mario game 42 years after the first title hit our screens back in 1981, really is a wonder in itself.
Read More

guys it wont hold that 94 lol wait for more reviews
lol I went to check how many reviews there actually were and it went up to 95 (based on 38 reviews)

e: At the moment I count thirteen 100s and two 80s (the lowest score at the moment) . I'm admittedly not great at math, but I feel like it'd take a lot to move the needle to far down.

Miyamoto opening his notebook, writing down: "Mario and friends doing influence stuff. Good Idea!"

If it holds at 94, that'd actually be kinda nuts. 3 games from the same publisher at 94 or higher in one year (Prime Remastered, TotK, and now Mario) is, I don't know, probably not totally unheard of, but I can't remember another time it happened.
I think that's probably completely unheard of, would be amazing if they do it.

Sheeeet, doing real well so far... 94. That means it's at least as good as that BotW mod pack they released earlier in the year if you remember!

If my 91 MC prediCtion turns out to be too Conservative, I'll blame Christopher Dring and his highly Convincing C Team theory.

And this is just the C team, imagine what Nintendo could do if they made a new mario game with the B team.

It dropped down back to 94 with a mixed review, is Joever.
The inevitable fall into 93 has begun, it truly was a c team game after all.

What the hell is happening? Weren't reviews only supposed to come out tomorrow?

Also, holy shit at the current aggregated scores.

Digital spy going in damn

Digital Spy
OCT 17, 2023
It is a game that tries to evoke a feeling of discovery at every possible turn, but in doing so loses the element of wonder fairly quickly. Instead, Wonder's strongest moments are when it takes a breather, taking the time to set the scene while letting the platforming do the talking.

Yeah but they removed 10 reviews? It was at 50 reviews and 94 earlier.
Opencritic was at 93 with 35 reviews and then dropped to 92 with 36 reviews.

Both seem a bit loopy at the moment, I think if more are added it's going to drop a bit. Hope it ends up at 92, so my prediction that Wonder scores higher than Spider-Man holds :p.

edit: 93 with 53 reviews

I’m done with pessimistic people. When we tell you this game will be a 90+ and stuff like “length of game, 2D game” don’t matter then listen please. You could feel it in the air that this game was going to be over 90

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom