• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Predictions Super Mario Bros. Wonder - Review Prediction Thread

Predict Super Mario Bros. Wonder's Review Score!

• 96+

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • 91-95

Votes: 188 54.8%
  • 86-90

Votes: 129 37.6%
  • 81-85

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • 76-80

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 75 or less

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been playing 3D world for the first time, 2 player (or any multiplayer) is atrocious imo
Okay? That has no bearing on the level of 3D World's ambition. Multiplayer is a complete nonfactor for lots of people, most of the level design leans towards being meant for single player.

The guestimate for mario wonder's length is right around most other 2d platformers so that shouldn't be an issue. Plus (most of the time) it's not about the quantity of hours but the quality of those hours. Also while surfing around HLTB during this discourse I found this game, https://howlongtobeat.com/game/131565. Yoshi goes to Tesco. Why isn't this game on switch?

36/40......2 points higher than metroid dread.

how does that compare to the previous 2d marios?

I don’t know about an exact meta prediction but I will predict this’ll be swimming in 9s, not a lot below 8, and it’ll be a battle between amount of 8s vs. 10s that determine if just above or below 90.

3Ds new super mario bros 2 36/10
New super bros wii 40/40
New super mario bros U 32/40

3ds version way too high
I found things to enjoy about all the other NSMB games, but NSMB2 is genuinely one of the most hollow mainline Mario games I have played. Other than the nostalgia of the Super Leaf there is just nothing there. The coin gimmick is nothing. Rating it above NSMBU is madness. I guess NSMB fatigue hit hard with NSMBU as not only was it the fourth game in the series, but the second one that year.

In any case, what is effectively a 9/10 is certainly a great score. If this is a 9/10 for me I'll be more than thrilled.

Maybe they should’ve just made new super mario bros 5

3Ds new super mario bros 2 36/10
New super bros wii 40/40
New super mario bros U 32/40

3ds version way too high

I found things to enjoy about all the other NSMB games, but NSMB2 is genuinely one of the most hollow mainline Mario games I have played. Other than the nostalgia of the Super Leaf there is just nothing there. The coin gimmick is nothing. Rating it above NSMBU is madness. I guess NSMB fatigue hit hard with NSMBU as not only was it the fourth game in the series, but the second one that year.

In any case, what is effectively a 9/10 is certainly a great score. If this is a 9/10 for me I'll be more than thrilled.

The quote from beej is wrong, or at least misleading. They gave the original release of NSMBU 36/40 as well, it's only NSMBU deluxe that they gave 32/40

Real ones know Wonder is the real Super Mario Bros. 6...

SMW_SuperFamicomBox.jpg
Yoshi%27s_Island_%28ys_romX_0%29_Titlescreen.png

More seriously I have noticed and appreciated some of the sound effects being based on their Yoshi's Island renditions; Wonder really feels like a love letter to SNES Mario and that makes it very appealing to me.

Real ones know Wonder is the real Super Mario Bros. 6...

SMW_SuperFamicomBox.jpg
Yoshi%27s_Island_%28ys_romX_0%29_Titlescreen.png

More seriously I have noticed and appreciated some of the sound effects being based on their Yoshi's Island renditions; Wonder really feels like a love letter to SNES Mario and that makes it very appealing to me.
Yes! Noticed that as well, so happy with that. I even saw that the pipe sprite in the Ask The Developer interview (in which they showed some development footage) was the Yoshi's Island one. It makes sense too for them to reference it, because YI was the last time Nintendo EAD/EPD properly committed to a boundary-pushing 2D platformer.

94, holy shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom