• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same... What's more, I could've sworn there was originally some doubt abiut it making it to the Switch, but then it finally got confirmed a year back or so, maybe I just imagined/dreamt/hallucinated it
Maybe you were thinking of Antonblast? Another Wario Land inspired game, cause Pizza Tower still has nothing confirming or denying that it'll ever happen.

Pizza Tower devs come from that line of developer who make a game very clearly inspired by Nintendo stuff and then get weirdly pissed when people ask to play it on a Nintendo console. See also: A Hat in Time.

Still dunno what he means by expect some surprises. Is he referring to third party stuff?

DQ 3 HD2D segment ending, the screen goes black and shows the logo again ... then ... SUDDENLY ... the space between the 3 and the rest widens and new characters appear...

Everybody 1-2-DQ3 HD2D with special guest, MC Horace as a new superboss.

Pizza Tower devs come from that line of developer who make a game very clearly inspired by Nintendo stuff and then get weirdly pissed when people ask to play it on a Nintendo console. See also: A Hat in Time.
Ignoring the fact that I cannot find examples of this being said for Pizza Tower despite people here being convinced, I totally get it for A Hat in Time because that game was not well optimized on PS4/Xbox One and then was SUPER not well optimized for Switch. I imagine it was a nightmare to port.

I'm sure the dev of a game with music by a black trans person is probably not as racist and transphobic as you think they are.
If you don't want to support the game because of the dev's comments, I think that's totally understandable, but I don't think that needs misinformation spread about why a Switch port doesn't exist being a petty reason or anything.

I don't care to change your mind because it seems you're already set on dismissing his bullshit, but I'll leave this here to anyone who isn't aware so they can make their own conclusions

I now fully understand "manage your expectations" lol I really thought it would've been Mario & Sonic since the Olympics are next month, maybe it'll still come but not what is being hinted at

How about a new "My Summer Vacation" then?

It's urban, it fits the "it's summer" post, it's third party.
Not going to lie, if Pyoro's only tease is a "My Summer Vacation" sequel or something along the lines of that and with the "light on first party" comment, I might be in camp "source got plugged"

It not being Mario and Sonic in the olympics is a surprise, but a welcome one.

Also it's third party related, makes me wonder if there's a surprise third party game, that no one would have expected, maybe it's GTA5 Story mode?

I see Pyoro already said it's not a First Party thing, but I will still predict...
It's a full on remake of Super Mario Sunshine.
I love Sunshine and I would 101% take a full on Remake. With new gorgeous water and goop effects.
And Toadsworth, my beloved...

Damn, so Pyoro hasn’t even leaked a single first party thing yet, huh? I’m starting to really think he’s done

I see Pyoro already said it's not a First Party thing, but I will still predict...
It's a full on remake of Super Mario Sunshine.
I love Sunshine and I would 101% take a full on Remake. With new gorgeous water and goop effects.
And Toadsworth, my beloved...
I would only want a Mario Sunshine remake, if it's includes all the cut content of the game.
And adding all the lost levels, would be extremely fun.

Now that the idea is in my head, I'm legitimately going to be disappointed if we don't get a super chill Millenium Kitchen game at this Direct.

I don’t think Pyoro himself got plugged, but they figured out how he got his leaks and cut that access by not putting eshop page data in before reveal.
This is the one.

They worked out last time what he could/couldn’t see based on the fact he didn’t leak Peach and Luigi.

How about a new "My Summer Vacation" then?

It's urban, it fits the "it's summer" post, it's third party.
It doesn't even have to be a new one, they already launched a spiritual successor last year but only in Japan and it might be getting localized

I would only want a Mario Sunshine remake, if it's includes all the cut content of the game.
And adding all the lost levels, would be extremely fun.
Damn. Imagine that, full-on Remake of Sunshine, AND Wind Waker, both with the planned Cut Content added.

Two of the MOST summery games I have ever played.
It'd be amazing.

Now that the idea is in my head, I'm legitimately going to be disappointed if we don't get a super chill Millenium Kitchen game at this Direct.

trust-you-trusted-me.gif

I don't care to change your mind because it seems you're already set on dismissing his bullshit, but I'll leave this here to anyone who isn't aware so they can make their own conclusions

I think not wanting to support him over terrible shit said 6 years ago is totally fair honestly, even though I personally think he's probably changed as that shit never really happened past that. I just do not get why "HE HATES THE SWITCH AND WON'T PORT TO IT" needs to be an extra thing with no source.

Being honest, part of me suspects Pyoro's just waiting until the last hour to leak everything, because it's very sus that he really hasn't leaked a single 1st party thing.

i will not say ZA chances is impossible , but i will say that because of the 2025 release date its more easy to us have more info at worlds than in this direct

🛶🌇🏝️🗼

🛶: Wind Waker HD
🌇: Twilight Princess HD
🏝️: Switch Sports Resort
🗼: Pokemon Z-A/AC New Leaf HD/Mario Sonic Olympic Games (Doubt on Mario/Sonic)

"Summer is here" Luigi's Mansion 1 Shadowdrop

4 Emojis = MP4 (Ok this one a stretch, but trust the process)

I’m thinking it’s Kingdom Hearts. Maybe native ports of the 1.5 and 2.5 collections.

Interesting to see that he might not have any info on anything first party. That's a good thing lol, way more exciting. Even if it's just remasters and stuff!

Pizza Tower is a good contender actually, now that I see it brought up. It's a fantastic game, would love to see it ported to Switch!

The last Tokyo Olympics title did barely 900k in sales, it's a flop franchise
I think this has partially to do with in what time frame that game released; Almost two years before the Olympics. For that it isn’t even bad, without looking at numbers I was expecting less. Anyway I‘m not really saying anything against that, it‘s more likely that it stays a dormant franchise.

I just disagree with you‘re argumentation that Pyoro wouldn‘t leak the game if it was in the direct just based on the fact that the last title didn‘t sell over a Million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom