• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pyoro: I'm not really Primed For this direct.

Given Pyoro doesn't play 5D chess (see the NES Worldchampionship thing!), this wouldn't tease Prime, this would confirm no Prime. ;D

I take it you're not familiar with that person's history of bigotry

You're right, i'm not. I think the only dev i follow on social stuff is Sakurai.

My post, though, doesn't excuse any bigotry of the dev, it's just a suggestion that we should stay better over here. ;]

Now now, no need to get rude. It's the devs own decision and we gotta accept that.
Still, despite that, it's probably one of the weirdest ,, The Switch port, ain't happening, why?... Huuh, because the tech isn't there''.
Personally he's not an idiot, i think he just doesn't want to make it, which is totally acceptable.

Like the Pizza Tower port dream, is pretty much dead, despite the hardware and audience the Switch has.
homelander-upset.gif

Given Pyoro doesn't play 5D chess (see the NES Worldchampionship thing!), this wouldn't tease Prime, this would confirm no Prime. ;D

You're right, i'm not. I think the only dev i follow on social stuff is Sakurai.

My post, though, doesn't excuse any bigotry of the dev, it's just a suggestion that we should stay better over here. ;]

Staying better in my book would mean avoiding discussing a game by a misogynist transphobic and possibly racist person here.

I cannot find a single source for this Pizza Tower Switch port quote besides the one I posted. What are people talking about? Not on Twitter, a Steam post or anything.

if i was nintendo, i would keep prime 4's reveal for the switch 2 event so i can show switch 2 footage and then say it's coming to switch 1 too.

Staying better in my book would mean avoiding discussing a game by a misogynist transphobic and possibly racist person here.

You can make that happen by asking moderation to add the game and the dev in question to the banned content list.

And if the dev is like you say, by all means, you should do so.

if i was nintendo, i would keep prime 4's reveal for the switch 2 event so i can show switch 2 footage and then say it's coming to switch 1 too.

Given the expected difference in power between Switch and 2, and how it will definitely affect games regarding graphics and performance, that would be the most ideal thing to do.

Show off the game the best way (Switch 2 version) and then afterwards confirm it for a cross-gen release on Switch.

I'm sure the dev of a game with music by a black trans person is probably not as racist and transphobic as you think they are.
If you don't want to support the game because of the dev's comments, I think that's totally understandable, but I don't think that needs misinformation spread about why a Switch port doesn't exist being a petty reason or anything.

🛶🌇🏝️🗼

🛶: Wind Waker HD
🌇: Twilight Princess HD
🏝️: Switch Sports Resort
🗼: Pokemon Z-A/AC New Leaf HD/Mario Sonic Olympic Games (Doubt on Mario/Sonic)

"Summer is here" Luigi's Mansion 1 Shadowdrop

4 Emojis = MP4 (Ok this one a stretch, but trust the process)
Definitely not.

It has nothing about Paris except maybe the Tokyo Tower that looks like the Tour Eiffel.
I saw the Emojis as sequence of previous games. Except for the first one it fits:
  • Boat = Beijing(?)
  • Buildings = London
  • Palm Trees = Rio
  • Sky Tree = Tokio.

It is literally the first thought I had without reading any posts in this thread.

I saw the Emojis as sequence of previous games. Except for the first one it fits:
  • Boat = Beijing(?)
  • Buildings = London
  • Palm Trees = Rio
  • Sky Tree = Tokio.

It is literally the first thought I had without reading any posts in this thread.

Nah that's a stretch, like no one gaf about Mario/Sonic really and Pyoro won't go all the way for a hint for it.

How is our excitement level going into the showcase? I’m not gonna lie, the strange silence from Pyoro does have me worried there isn’t much here, but its a direct so 7/10

I'm around a 6/10. There's not gonna be any bangers here but hopefully a strong tail end for the OG system with some fun rereleases and smaller projects. First party wise, if we get MP2+3 and either a solid Kirby showing or an exciting smaller Zelda project I'm going to walk away from this very happy. That being said, if you run down the list of 1st party franchises and guesstimate how far out the next project is for each one and compare what might be ready for showing with the 40 minute time-frame of the show, I could maybe see some more ambitious 3rd party showings, so that's the big question mark for me.

I'm pretty pumped. I'd say an 8/10 because I just love Directs regardless. It's always going to be exciting even if there isn't much for me personally.

How is our excitement level going into the showcase? I’m not gonna lie, the strange silence from Pyoro does have me worried there isn’t much here, but its a direct so 7/10

I’m keeping expectations very much in check. I think if Nintendo really was originally planning a Fall/Holiday 2024 Switch 2 release, it would be unlikely they had much lined up for Switch 1 for this year. And then had to scramble when the internal “delay” happened. Which would suggest this will really be a Switch wind-down low key direct. Rather than a last hurrah blow out direct.

I’m hoping I’m wrong though. A 2 min trailer for MP4 alone would make me rate this one highly. I’m just not expecting all the stuff that’s been bandied about (MP4+MP2/3+FE4+DK+AA+2D Zelda). If even half of that were true this would be a greatest direct of all time. Which seems less likely in this point in the console life cycle.

It’s also a bit heartbreaking to see people doubt Pyoro’s sources. Because you just know that comes from a place of wanting a banger of a Direct, and maybe internally starting to doubt that will happen.

Here’s hoping I’m eating my words in a couple hours.

lowkey starting to think silksong won't be at the direct today
Honestly, I don't have much hope either.

At this point, I expect the release date announcement will be made by Team Cherry, which will drop a trailer on us completely out of the blue.

My way of thinking with a direct is that I just want to come out with three things I’m excited about. If they have Mario Party, big NSO update/roadmap, and a cool third party thing, I’m not gonna be complaining

Unrelated to the Direct (i assume), but Bloodstained sequel was just confirmed by the devs in the 5th anniversary video of Bloodstained 1.

🛶: Pokémon Legends Z-A, you'll able to traverse the Lumiose city through canals with canoe
🌇: Pokémon Legends Z-A, new and improved Lumiose city has a sick skyline
🏝️: Pokémon Legends Z-A, int he post game there's a tropical island where you catch a brand new mythical pokémon
🗼: Pokémon Lege--- hah just kidding. The World Ends With You 3, obviously.

Nah that's a stretch, like no one gaf about Mario/Sonic really and Pyoro won't go all the way for a hint for it.
Any suggestion I read here is a stretch. Especially the one I quoted above you.

That people are talking about that game in this thread, shows that there is at least some interest in it. The direct will not necessarily have everything you dream of, Mario Sonic Olympics would definitely be a title that fits managing expectations.

• Boat = Beijing(?)
  • Buildings = London
  • Palm Trees = Rio
  • Sky Tree = Tokio.

I don't think it's as complicated as that. It's probably pointing to stuff that's in the trailer or pertinent to the event (rowing is a Summer Olympic staple, tower is hinting at Paris, etc.)

That people are talking about that game in this thread, shows that there is at least some interest in it. The direct will not necessarily have everything you dream of, Mario Sonic Olympics would definitely be a title that fits managing expectations.

The last Tokyo Olympics title did barely 900k in sales, it's a flop franchise.

It seems like leakers took the excitement we had for directs away from us. Back in Uni(Wii u/3ds days) I’d get excited for directs and loved the fact that I’d go in blind. Now it’s like we are all thirsty to know the entire list of reveals.

Man, I can't believe we still have to wait three hours. What am I supposed to do in the meantime?? Work??

Anyway, I find it interesting how there are different interpretations of Pyoro's hints even if they lead to the same thing. I wouldn't have guessed much from the emoji alone, but since he said to manage our expectations, Mario & Sonic seems to make the most sense.

Man, I can't believe we still have to wait three hours. What am I supposed to do in the meantime?? Work??

Anyway, I find it interesting how there are different interpretations of Pyoro's hints even if they lead to the same thing. I wouldn't have guessed much from the emoji alone, but since he said to manage our expectations, Mario & Sonic seems to make the most sense.

It's 1 p.m. ... how about lunch?

It seems like leakers took the excitement we had for directs away from us. Back in Uni(Wii u/3ds days) I’d get excited for directs and loved the fact that I’d go in blind. Now it’s like we are all thirsty to know the entire list of reveals.
Yeah, I couldn't imagine what it would've been like if Nintendo Directs were a thing when I was in College or even High School.

I'm similar, so far a 6.5/10 - 7/10. Hopefully, something (or a few things) will blow me away but I'm keeping expectations light and will just enjoy the show however it comes

The last Tokyo Olympics title did barely 900k in sales, it's a flop franchise.
I don't see what that has to do with whether or not Pyoro would leak the next game in the series. They leaked extraordinarily niche stuff like Another Code and Endless Ocean, and Pyoro also told people to manage their expectations when the most common guess was Tomodachi Life.

Maybe Sega and Nintendo have settled on a quieter release window for a new Olympics title. It can't have helped that the Tokyo game launched slapbang in a run of much better and more popular Switch titles (Pokemon, Ring Fit Adventure, Luigi's Mansion 3). Then the 2020 Olympics were postponed anyway, so it's not like they could have easily generated a second wind for the game the following year.

I cannot find a single source for this Pizza Tower Switch port quote besides the one I posted. What are people talking about? Not on Twitter, a Steam post or anything.
Same... What's more, I could've sworn there was originally some doubt abiut it making it to the Switch, but then it finally got confirmed a year back or so, maybe I just imagined/dreamt/hallucinated it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom