• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
🛶 Windwaker
🌇 Twilight
🏝 New Leaf HD
😂 I don't got that eiffel tower on my droid but possibly Mario and Sonic in Paris, or the red tower from the New Leaf cover art

4 emojis for Metroid Prime lol 🤡

Am i bugging?

Anyways good night though to my fellow east hemisphere folk who down to a few hours of sleep before this joint airs. Get some sleep tonight you're going to regret it otherwise when all nintendo got is Donkey Kong Barrel Blast HD

Last edited:
I don't really have much to say because I have zero expectations for this direct (I wager most big stuff is going to be saved for whenever the Switch successor is revealed), but I will say that I think Pyoro is an absolutely hilarious leaker.

Back when he leaked Mario vs. Donkey Kong he initially teased it with a Donkey Kong .gif which got people going "OMG OMG NEW DONKEY KONG GAME!!" only for him to go "lol it has the minis in it" a few hours later and immediately kill all of that hype. Now he did a teaser about a summery island game which kicked off a ton of "OMG OMG TOMODACHI ON SWITCH!!" only for him to go "manage your expectations". I'm not a fan of leaker culture in general but his continued ability to get expectations high and then quickly kill them in a deadpan manner gets a real kick out of me.

I can at least always say that Mother 3 isn't happening. If it happens I'll run around my street butt naked

From a first party standpoint, today I'm going to be hoping for

• MP2+3 Remastered
  • Mario and Sonic + a smaller Mario project
  • Kirby
  • Smaller Zelda project, hopefully a new 2D release
  • Fire Emblem

with the rest of the show being 3rd party focused. Pokémon marketing will start up after a Pokémon Presents later this summer and we won't see it today. Metroid Prime 4, 3D Mario, TP+WW, and a new Donkey Kong are releases I see as either Switch 2 exclusive or cross-gen after its release at this point. Other major series are further out. Am I forgetting anything obvious?

My fear is this direct will be heavy on reannouncing things that were already announced at SGF and pretending that they're news.

Like, I think we'll see Lego Horizons and the direct will just act as if we haven't seen it a week ago.

Like, I think we'll see Lego Horizons and the direct will just act as if we haven't seen it a week ago.

It's an actual, legit Sony Playstation 1st party game on the Switch. You can bet your butt that they will show that.

That's a "Shout it from the rooftops" thing.

Mario and sonic at the Olympic games makes the most sense from that tweet, but super weird to release the next game after said Olympics already happened

It's an actual, legit Sony Playstation 1st party game on the Switch. You can bet your butt that they will show that.

That's a "Shout it from the rooftops" thing.
Sure, but I'm watching a direct for new information, not for a recap on the other showcases I already saw

That wasn't confidence, that was sheer stupidity and somehow, depsite that, Xbox fumbled the bag, with the red ring of death.

Like, the PS3 was way too powerful and hard to developed for and had countless of pointless features.

Such stupidity is caused by overconfidence. After the PS2 they thought they were untouchable. Hence 599 USD etc.

The confidence going into PS2 was equally insane but perfectly managed.

Mario and sonic at the Olympic games makes the most sense from that tweet, but super weird to release the next game after said Olympics already happened
Two possibilities in my mind:

It's a very quick turn around from reveal to release, and launches mid-August.

It's been delayed from a summer release to an October release following the apparent successor hardware delay to fit in Nintendo's Mario October slot and to strengthen a weakened holiday slate.

Good morning on this fine Nintendo Direct day!

Excited to see what they have to show, keeping my expectations in check as it is the end of the Switch lifecycle.
Wishing for it to be the time for FE4 remake but I'd love to see another niche series make an appearance like Endless Ocean and Another Code have done in recent directs

My final direct Predictions:

Nintendo Announcements:

1- Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War opens the show - September 19th

2- Pushmo/Stetchmo for NSO+ subscribers - available immediately after the Direct

3- Mario Party - October 10th

4- Mario + Sonic at the Paris Summer Olympics - August 8th

5- Smash Bros 64 releases immediately after the direct

6- Metroid Prime 2+3 release immediately after the direct, physical edition coming in July

7- Metroid Prime 4 gets a brief teaser plus confirmation that we will see it later this year. 2025 release year also confirmed.

8- New 2D Zelda closes out the show - releases November 14th

Third Party Announcements

1- DQ 3 HD will be the mid show highlight + collector's edition announced - September 6th

2- Fantasian

3- Kena Bridge of Spirits

4 - House of the Dead 2

5- Silksong

Surfing is taking place on an island this year because, well, there’s no beach in Paris.
Well there is Paris Plage

1200x680_gettyimages-455628989.jpg

The emoji hint is clearly just Mario and Sonic and the Paris Olympics. Hopefully we get something more exciting...

Personally, I expect absolutely nothing from this Direct, except remasters or smaller games I'm not interested in. I'd love a new DK though, but I'm not expecting it, unfortunately. Guess that big holiday games will be remasters as well.

Light on 1st party? I guess we will get some DLCs at the start of the presentation and a single not so grand surprise saved for the very end.

Just a few hours, no expectations at all but I’m excited. Might be just me but Directs are always fun to watch even if there are no major news. I just like seeing all sorts of different games.

I’m (unfortunately) very confident we won’t see Legend AZ today. We’ll see it next in a Pokémon Presents and then in the autumn Direct.

🏝 New Leaf HD
a long, long time ago, in the pre-COVID era, Animal Crossing was not so closely associated with tropical islands (despite occasionally having one)

I'm personally of the mind that the full set is pointing to the Olympics, but if they aren't then that one certainly isn't New Leaf

or the red tower from the New Leaf cover art
this though? this thought makes me happy

Woke up to what I believe to be a rumour about a switch sports update??
Please tell me everything..
This is important to me.

Today we’re getting the worst Nintendo direct of all time.
I can’t wait, it’s going to be a partner’s showcase in everything but name.
Please hype unresponsibly

Some of you seem reeeeeaaaally confident that they will show anything Metroid Prime 4.

What's today?

It's DIRECT DAY!!

Feels like Christmas morning.

giphy.gif

I think i never woke up like this, not even as a kid on christmas. But to be fair, in Germany, you get your gifts on the evening of the 24th, so there was no need to wake up early on the 25th. ;D

guys guys, 1st game they show will determine the direct.
I am sure Switch deserves a perfect enclosure for everybody. Let's see

Hey that's not Eiffel Tower! That's Tokyo tower! But are there any Nintendo games that feature the Tokyo Tower? Oh hell yes there is one. The one of the best:

Ouendan2.jpg

Pyoro having to say they expect first party surprises absolutely makes me believe they got plugged. They don't seem to know much on that front this time around, and if that hint is pointing to Mario & Sonic it's not even a first party game technically speaking.

About the RE1 pc leak, always rember that there is the possibility of being GOG doing the same they did with MGS and Silent Hill 4

I think is a collection for All consoles, (and i think CV is in there considering the remake in dev) but maybe is a GOG thing

If light on 1st party means "Tomodachi life" - type of release, that'd be an expected "go fuck yourselves, just buy switch 2"

Today we’re getting the worst Nintendo direct of all time.
I can’t wait, it’s going to be a partner’s showcase in everything but name.
Please hype unresponsibly
6am and it’s pouring rain in Toronto.
God himself has awoken in tears for this direct.

that's what I'm expecting. Also, people should keep in mind that sometimes they don't have a starter.
That did not happened for years, I can think of first few Switch era Directs not having a starter. There will be one, even if it would be something already announced or third party.

Pyoro having to say they expect first party surprises absolutely makes me believe they got plugged. They don't seem to know much on that front this time around, and if that hint is pointing to Mario & Sonic it's not even a first party game technically speaking.
I don’t think Pyoro himself got plugged, but they figured out how he got his leaks and cut that access by not putting eshop page data in before reveal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom