• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd still welcome Sega getting their shit together and making Skies of Arcadia available on modern consoles.

waits

as gods intended
tenor.gif

It will be light on 1st party
stuff but i expect some surprises”

I know there was some talk here that if this was a hint at a game it could be Mario Party. I think this could be a new 2D Zelda game with “light” in the title (if it were a hint of course)

I don't think we'll be getting Mario Party or a Zelda.
We are kind of overdue for a Mario Party. Superstars released in 2021 and Nintendo usually releases a Mario Party title every year if not every couple years, Superstars to the next one would be the longest in spacing (3+ years) since Mario Party DS to Mario Party 9 (5 years). Nintendo could just save it for 1st year Switch Successor title though.

I really hope we at least see these WW and TP ports (haven't caught up so they may still be a dream) not only would I'd love to play them on the Switch, but they've been rumoured for so long ;-; If 3rd party truly carry the Direct then that's fine, but I do agree, not having a Mario Party would feel weird but I suppose it could be a good way to promote the new system

(edited because I misspelled party lol)

It will be light on 1st party
stuff but i expect some surprises”

I know there was some talk here that if this was a hint at a game it could be Mario Party. I think this could be a new 2D Zelda game with “light” in the title (if it were a hint of course)
The Legend of Zelda: Surprise of the Light

I don't know if I should try to sleep or just pull an all nighter. It's 12:36 AM here.
Your morning self will thank you for sleeping and curse you for staying up... It's airing at midnight my time and I have work tomorrow, so I'll just watch the VOD in the morning.

i was one of those who played those games
I actually play them too, with my young nephews lol fond memories but the games themselves are pretty mid. I remember my then 5 years old nephew beating me at the surf game. I didn't even let him win or anything and everybody was like "whaaaat?!". All my gamer cred, vanished lol

I actually play them too, with my young nephews lol fond memories but the games themselves are pretty mid. I remember my then 5 years old nephew beating me at the surf game. I didn't even let him win or anything and everybody was like "whaaaat?!". All my gamer cred, vanished lol
me personally i enjoyed all of the mario & sonic games

Wait, fuck, I actually think his source really, ACTUALLY is the Eshop backend. OK, here's a really big giveaway.

So back in the June 2023 direct, one of the big first party announces that went missed by every leaker/rumormonger was Peach Showtime. Back then, the game had no title, no release date, and no price. Consequently, it had no Eshop page. By all accounts, this game was something you could classify as a surprise. Nobody knew of a Good-Feel Peach project, and there was no indication of its existence through reliable sources.

Someone with access to the youtube backend (as many have erroneously assumed) would CLEARLY have been able to see it and leak its existence. Showtime, as far as material goes, existed as lone MP4s and WIP websites/PR blasts at Nintendo the day before the direct, and it didn't have any other means for someone to understand it's existence. It's a surprise.

Pyoro, noticing the lack of first party games to disclose, remembers what happened last time: A seemingly innocuous game releasing in the near future gets revealed to people's surprise, with no Eshop page to disclose it's existence. This, I think, is what he means by "There might be some surprises." He suspects the absence of first party games on the Eshop is due to them being more secretive.

I think we underestimate his knowledge and how his disclosure of information has been generally granular. The less you output, the less information you have to get vetted in a very unstable, volatile and unclear leaking environment.

Wait, fuck, I actually think his source really, ACTUALLY is the Eshop backend. OK, here's a really big giveaway.

So back in the June 2023 direct, one of the big first party announces that went missed by every leaker/rumormonger was Peach Showtime. Back then, the game had no title, no release date, and no price. Consequently, it had no Eshop page. By all accounts, this game was something you could classify as a surprise. Nobody knew of a Good-Feel Peach project, and there was no indication of its existence through reliable sources.

Someone with access to the youtube backend (as many have erroneously assumed) would CLEARLY have been able to see it and leak its existence. Showtime, as far as material goes, existed as lone MP4s and WIP websites/PR blasts at Nintendo the day before the direct, and it didn't have any other means for someone to understand it's existence. It's a surprise.

Pyoro, noticing the lack of first party games to disclose, remembers what happened last time: A seemingly innocuous game releasing in the near future gets revealed to people's surprise, with no Eshop page to disclose it's existence. This, I think, is what he means by "There might be some surprises." He suspects the absence of first party games on the Eshop is due to them being more secretive.

I think we underestimate his knowledge and how his disclosure of information has been generally granular. The less you output, the less information you have to get vetted in a very unstable, volatile and unclear leaking environment.
Note, also, that with the LONE exception of a very slight hint at "party"? (which let's be real, very popular bet there) No first party games have been disclosed. I don't like getting cocky but I'm willing to bet that at this point Pyoro tweeted out "Nindai doko?" on Sunday and then soon after watched in confusion and possibly abject horror as there were virtually zero first party games set to go public in the database.

Emphasis on the sunday bit there, he's tweeted about these games 2-3 days in advance, and now we're clutching these in nearly 10 hours before the show. Something's up.

Note, also, that with the LONE exception of a very slight hint at "party"? (which let's be real, very popular bet there) No first party games have been disclosed. I don't like getting cocky but I'm willing to bet that at this point Pyoro tweeted out "Nindai doko?" on Sunday and watched in confusion and possibly abject horror as there were virtually zero first party games set to go public in the database.
Yep. He still hasn’t outright hinted at a first party game. Mario and Sonic, as we know, is a Sega game

Note, also, that with the LONE exception of a very slight hint at "party"? (which let's be real, very popular bet there) No first party games have been disclosed. I don't like getting cocky but I'm willing to bet that at this point Pyoro tweeted out "Nindai doko?" on Sunday and then soon after watched in confusion and possibly abject horror as there were virtually zero first party games set to go public in the database.

Emphasis on the sunday bit there, he's tweeted about these games 2-3 days in advance, and now we're clutching these in nearly 10 hours before the show. Something's up.
So basically Nintendo made sure people like Pyoro will never have been able to leek First Party stuff before a direct

Makes sense nobody leaked Miyamoto's sad dad game. Sony have the family angle covered later this year so it's Nintendo's turn to cater to the serious mature gamers.

unless it's some vague hint at mario party. I don't how he he "expects suprises" if he knows everything this time

His vague tweet saying It will be light on 1st party but with some surprises, Its the proof that he still doesnt have information about Nintendo games imo.
Yeah, I read it as "I don't know anything yet, which means there won't be many games AND even I will be surprised once", or something like that. I feel he's not really trying to hide he doesn't have information anymore, but at the same time if he admitted he doesn't, it would still compromise his source cause Nintendo would know they found it or they're close to it. Even if it's a light Direct, there's gotta be a strong opener OR closer at least, some first party headlines too, I expect them to announce at least 2 games, even if they're not really strong.

On the point of the eShop backend -
If Nintendo already had an awareness of this being a highly probably method for Pyoro, what would stop them from a complete course overcorrection to say withhold any eShop information until during or after the Direct? The eShop maintnenances I think (though I’d need a cross check of past cases) are also closely timed to the direct proper

I managed to change my schedule today to be able to follow the Direct (will miss the beginning though). I feel a bit like a madman lol

20 new pages since yesterday evening ... was there some big tease(s) or something?

aB7VPvD.png

They retweeted the last Direct as well, so as much as I'd love to think of this as smoke, I'm not seeing anything in particular.

Maybe they are like us, and are confused why the game hasn't been announced yet! ;D

Tbf most of recent speculation about him is whether the Direct will have first party surprises or not, which is why people over here watch those Direct. It's tiring threads are at least 80% about him but we gotta accept it's like that. In my case I know I'll be happy today since there's AA according to him and a Weiboo leaker (Pyoro please don't be wrong for the first time of your life I BEG YOU)
Do we really have to accept that? Like game releases, is it that much of a stretch to hope we can be better? It wasn't that long ago a bunch of stuff happened that made a lot of posters say we should treat "leakers" like people and not a robotic service on demand. That faded pretty fast.

Well, apologies, I went off track too and did not post about any speculation about the Direct. If you read the recent posts though, you'll see that a lot of them were about what I was saying.

I do appreciate at least Pyoro doesn’t come off as making up anything. He’s just not saying as much.
Yeah, gives a good look at him. Looking at his wording he's not even trying to hide he knows as much as us (actually a little more, but not as much as before). I even thought before today he was trynna respect spoiler-free people or something like that.

Do we really have to accept that? Like game releases, is it that much of a stretch to hope we can be better? It wasn't that long ago a bunch of stuff happened that made a lot of posters say we should treat "leakers" like people and not a robotic service on demand. That faded pretty fast.

Well, apologies, I went off track too and did not post about any speculation about the Direct. If you read the recent posts though, you'll see that a lot of them were about what I was saying.
I was one of those who told people to not have parasocial relationships with leakers, yet, I don't agree on this one. The worst thing that I've seen here is people speculating about Pyoro's sources (or how he gets his information) which is boring... yeah, but understandable. Doesn't make them any less human, no one's disrespecting Pyoro afaik. People speculate about the Direct, if there's no smoke they wonder if the Direct will lack interesting announcements, they've been waiting almost a year for this, it's understandable. I don't like the thread being about the same person but as I said, it's understandable, don't you think?

It would be so funny and depressing that the one more thing from the latest Switch direct is Mario and Sonic in Paris haha

On the point of the eShop backend -
If Nintendo already had an awareness of this being a highly probably method for Pyoro, what would stop them from a complete course overcorrection to say withhold any eShop information until during or after the Direct? The eShop maintnenances I think (though I’d need a cross check of past cases) are also closely timed to the direct proper
I guess they wouldn't be able to do any shadowdrops, but aside from that, it's something they could do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom