• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We tend to connect dots or see clues that are not that when a presentation is near. No shade, that's part of the fun. But people shouldn't expect Mother 3. I would happily be wrong.
That's a low-to-mid weight announce that I think would make sense for this direct. I can see it fitting in. Not getting any hopes up, though.

"light on content but with some surprises" makes me wonder if the Bird is talking about some unexpected remasters/remakes.

I do not expect too much anyway, Nintendo seemes to be in full forces on Switch 2

Oh man, I really have no interest in pretty much every rumor/teased thing for this direct lol. I honestly hope they're holding back announcements for switch 2 instead (like a new warriors for example, I wouldn't want a new one on this OLD hardware) and is keeping this super light, but I would love some remasters of titles I like.. And a Mario Party game would make my year lol

We tend to connect dots or see clues that are not that when a presentation is near. No shade, that's part of the fun. But people shouldn't expect Mother 3. I would happily be wrong.
I mean there's so the fact that Nintendo would never let the announcement of a game coincide with some sort of event that was announced long prior. It's similar to the DMC special announcement that just happened to be the same day as that one Smash Direct a few years back. The fact that the email exists deconfirms Mother 3 imo.

There hasn't been enough irrationally reading into "light on content." Maybe the new 2D Zelda's main hook is a light mechanic.

That's a low-to-mid weight announce that I think would make sense for this direct. I can see it fitting in. Not getting any hopes up, though.
The timing seems super off. Why not wait 4 months to release the Japanese version and the international version altogether?
My guess is that they erased the name since the game doesn't exist for them in the west.

There hasn't been enough irrationally reading into "light on content." Maybe the new 2D Zelda's main hook is a light mechanic.
You're onto something - but it's not Zelda. Light on content. A game where you turn on the lights... LUIGI'S MANSION 1 BABY. YOU TURN ON THE FLASHLIGHT, SUCK UP THE GHOST, AND BOOM! THE ROOM'S LIGHTS TURN ON. ITS HAPPENING PYORO HAS DONE IT AGAIN. If only this were true tho...

The timing seems super off. Why not wait 4 months to release the Japanese version and the international version altogether?
My guess is that they erased the name since the game doesn't exist for them in the west.
It's 1 ROM. It's also possible the localization wasn't ready in time. You can never really know. I do still doubt it being there, though.

I could see Plucky Squire showing up here and confirming its release date. It is still listed as 2024 and it was a no show during SGF.

ngl Im feeling a lot less excited for this direct now, it sounds like it’s gonna be very underwhelming on Nintendo’s end

It's 1 ROM. It's also possible the localization wasn't ready in time. You can never really know. I do still doubt it being there, though.
That would be awesome if the switch, in all its awesomeness, was also the system that finally brought Mother 3 to the West. And hopefully in several languages.
But I am 100% confident it is not happening lol

Unfortunately my Dragalia Lost post wasn't a hint at all, merely my brightest dream. It's actually not random at all for me to talk about Dragalia Lost out of nowhere because I'm constantly thinking about my dearly departed.

I actually hadn't even seen the X thing.

I promise you, if anything on that regard is announced tomorrow, you will be able to find footage of me crying over it if you choose to do so.
Sorry if I spread misinformation about you unintentionally, fellow Brazilian. I really felt like it was a hint because of the alleged like from Pyoro + the X embed. Sorry!

ngl Im feeling a lot less excited for this direct now, it sounds like it’s gonna be very underwhelming on Nintendo’s end
if you are basing your hype just on Pyoro, content light on Nintendo 1st party doesn't mean there nothing. As well as what people like is all subjective. Just means Nintendo titles won't take up the majority of 40 minutes Direct where it usually doesn't. Just don't go in with expectations that every rumor that is going around are all showing in the Direct.

Last edited:
Hear me out……

Rare
Replay

Rare Replay as it currently is would have to remove all of the Xbox & Xbox 360 games. And if they were planning on that, they wouldn’t be releasing the games individually on NSO that’s already on RR.

The Rare segment in the last direct teaser four additional Rare titles at the end, two of them in the shape of NES box arts. Can guarantee that those two games are another two that are also on RR, which would mean two of the following: Digger T. Rock, Slalom, Battletoads, and Solar Jetman.

And in addition to that, the SNES Battletoads and Killer Instinct are actually both exclusive to Switch. Neither of those versions of those games are available anywhere else other than the original SNES hardware.

Now factor in Banjo, the DKC trilogy, Goldeneye, Jet Force Gemini, and an additional two N64 games that were also teased as the end of that direct, and there’s plenty of Rare games to replay available across all of NSO.

Now if they wanted to bundle them all up into a nice, Nintendo exclusive version of Rare Replay, I’d be all for it. But I doubt that’s ever going to happen.

Just go in with the expectation of a low-key showing and everything will be fine. Even without Pyoro or any other leakers, we're at the stage of the Switch life cycle that things are clearly starting to wind down.

So, is that Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games? I'd guess at that being the October Mario title if so. Sega handling the October Mario release makes some sense: it helps Nintendo stick to their regular release cadence (Mario title in October) without expending any meaningful resources. Dragon Quest in November would also be a massive year end sales hit in Japan without Nintendo lifting a finger.

I feel like RPG-wise I'm going to be sorted for the rest of the year (Fantasian and Dragon Quest joining Ys X is enough; Fire Emblem would be the icing on the cake). Otherwise it could be slim pickings if the first party slate really is light.

Right everyone, time to pivot.

Wind Waker, Prime 2 and Luigi’s Mansion are all coming! …to GameCube NSO

I hope not, I'm very much tired of Nintendo releasing the original versions of games with improved remakes already existing. All that would mean is I still have to keep my Wii U and 3ds longer for those titles 🤷‍♂️

So, is that Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games? I'd guess at that being the October Mario title if so. Sega handling the October Mario release makes some sense: it helps Nintendo stick to their regular release cadence (Mario title in October) without expending any meaningful resources. Dragon Quest in November would also be a massive year end sales hit in Japan without Nintendo lifting a finger.

I feel like RPG-wise I'm going to be sorted for the rest of the year (Fantasian and Dragon Quest joining Ys X is enough; Fire Emblem would be the icing on the cake). Otherwise it could be slim pickings if the first party slate really is light.
why would an Olympics game release two months after the Olympics are over

Update: Just beat DKC! This is sure to appease the Monkey Gods and gift us our first new Donkey Kong Game in over a decade, right? Right?

What is going to be underwhelming from Nintendo hmm

Mario and Sonic
Mario Party
Fire Emblem Remake
2D Zelda to close
Kirby port

Maybe that’ll be it from Nintendo

why would an Olympics game release two months after the Olympics are over
You'd have to ask Sega and Nintendo, given they've twice launched them in the November and December following the summer Olympics.

Edit - London and Tokyo's games both launched in the Christmas season; London after the Olympics and Tokyo before the Olympics, though Covid led to a bigger gap between the game's launch and the Olympics' start.

Second edit - turns out I really can't read before my morning coffee. M&S at the 2012 Olympics also launched the year before the event.

So yeah. Time to make coffee.

Rare Replay as it currently is would have to remove all of the Xbox & Xbox 360 games. And if they were planning on that, they wouldn’t be releasing the games individually on NSO that’s already on RR.

The Rare segment in the last direct teaser four additional Rare titles at the end, two of them in the shape of NES box arts. Can guarantee that those two games are another two that are also on RR, which would mean two of the following: Digger T. Rock, Slalom, Battletoads, and Solar Jetman.

And in addition to that, the SNES Battletoads and Killer Instinct are actually both exclusive to Switch. Neither of those versions of those games are available anywhere else other than the original SNES hardware.

Now factor in Banjo, the DKC trilogy, Goldeneye, Jet Force Gemini, and an additional two N64 games that were also teased as the end of that direct, and there’s plenty of Rare games to replay available across all of NSO.

Now if they wanted to bundle them all up into a nice, Nintendo exclusive version of Rare Replay, I’d be all for it. But I doubt that’s ever going to happen.
Gotta be Tooie and Perfect Dark for those 2 N64 games. I don’t think they’ll include another KI game in the same batch and DK64 and DKR would be considered Nintendo universe games and it Rare universe

Mario and Sonic was something people thought had to come
Dunno about that, personally I thought the series was dead and so did a bunch of other people I know. The games were getting released every 2 years till 2016, then we only got Tokyo 2020 and it wasn't a particularly good game nor strong seller. Between the 2020 game being lackluster, the series skipping the Winter Olympics twice, and the fact that Sega began retooling the game to only feature Sonic so it could be made into arcade machines and mobile games... I've seen a lot of people besides myself just think the series is dead.

Lowest expectations. Zelda/Metroid/Fire Emblem either open/close Direct.

3-4 of the following (each point being 1 option)
  • Mario Party (the Mario Holiday Title)
  • Zelda 2D Remake or Zelda 3D Remasters
  • Metroid Prime 2 & 3 (Straight Ports)
  • Metroid Prime 4 (2025)
  • Luigi's Mansion 2 (final trailer)
  • Fire Emblem 4 Remake
Rest being all 2nd/3rd party
  • LEGO: Horizon Adventures
  • Darkest Dungeon 2
  • Among Us Update
  • Ace Attorney Investigations
  • Fantasian
  • Montage of various random games (featuring a bunch of smaller titles)
  • Sonic x Shadow Generations
  • Dragon Quest HD2D
  • Professor Layton and the New World of Steam
  • (Various other more noteworthy games can't think of atm)

me reading how chat turns this thread into pyoro speculation boards
tenor.gif

Gotta be Tooie and Perfect Dark for those 2 N64 games. I don’t think they’ll include another KI game in the same batch and DK64 and DKR would be considered Nintendo universe games and it Rare universe

You can rule out Perfect Dark because NSO doesn’t have any ‘M’ rated games. Japan has a separate app specifically for those rated games which, ironically, currently only houses Rare games (Goldeneye and Jet Force Gemini). So unless Nintendo introduces a separate app outside of Japan, then don’t expect Perfect Dark or Conker. Can also rule out Mickey’s Speedway USA due to licensing with Disney.

I also wouldn’t rule out DK64 and DKR just because they’re Nintendo owned properties. A) they were both still developed by Rare and B) neither would be able to be re-released without permission from Rare because of their own licensed properties contained within those games.

For N64, it would be two of the following: DK64, DKR, Banjo-Tooie, and KI Gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom