• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't wanna seem like I'm constantly defending Pyoro, cause a leaker's gonna run out eventually.
But there's something a little funny to me how people are going "they're being super vague so if they're wrong they'll be on the hook for a while longer" when they teased TTYD last year like this. No one got the door connection, and I'd say calling attention to the use of the word "Party" is at least on the level of their initial Mario Wonder leak. If Mario Party isn't there though rip bozo lol

I don't know much about leaking so I may be wrong, but I think he might be getting his nintendo info from the eshop backend. He didn't leak games like Luigi's Mansion or Princess Peach Showtime because they wouldn't have been on the backend because they didn't have confirmed release dates. IMO that tweet is very similar to the "where is the nintendo direct" tweet where it can be interpreted in different ways. I personally don't think he knows anything

To be fair though, combing through these twitter replies-- there are some pretty audacious guesses. People saying Sunshine, Wind Waker, Wave Race... etc etc. Then again though, if he's making a statement like that on a vague tweet, I think he's really trying to filter out any morsel of enthusiasm you could have in response to something like that. Lmao

I don't know much about leaking so I may be wrong, but I think he might be getting his nintendo info from the eshop backend. He didn't leak games like Luigi's Mansion or Princess Peach Showtime because they wouldn't have been on the backend because they didn't have confirmed release dates. IMO that tweet is very similar to the "where is the nintendo direct" tweet where it can be interpreted in different ways. I personally don't think he knows anything
Nevermind, I was wrong. Pyoro just tweeted.

I don't buy this because he's also commented on presentation specifics re: if the games are getting dates/prices revealed or not, which you can't find through the eshop. Sometimes they just don't feature those in presentations.

Seems like Nintendo is updating the Eshop backend at these hours

I don't buy this because he's also commented on presentation specifics re: if the games are getting dates/prices revealed or not, which you can't find through the eshop. Sometimes they just don't feature those in presentations.
NWC Championship price was in the JP trailer so his argument doesn't really stand. Everyone 1-2-Switch was heavily rumored but I'm not sure how they got that right.

Ohhhh. Very good point re: Everybody's 1-2 Switch
Update: Assuming his "source" is the eShop backend, that game was available to pre-order the same day they announced it. That would explain how he knows about it, that would also explain NWC Championship price thing. He also never denied those claims, he probably digs up in the eShop some days/hours before the Direct. If that's the case, Nintendo is making some experimentation delaying it and seeing how it affects Pyoro leaks, so if he did that, he should be very careful.

Pretty sure the updates on the maintenance tracker say nothing about the eShop being down. I thought it was just NSO related stuff.
Yeah, it's only NSO related stuff. I'm no expert but I assume they don't need to do maintenance to create some game pages in the eShop, that would be extremely ridiculous and cheap.

Update: Assuming his "source" is the eShop backend, that game was available to pre-order the same day they announced it. That would explain how he knows about it, that would also explain NWC Championship price thing. He also never denied those claims, he probably digs up in the eShop some days/hours before the Direct. If that's the case, Nintendo is making some experimentation delaying it and seeing how it affects Pyoro leaks, so if he did that, he should be very careful.
tbf, he himself might not have access to it so much as a "mole/rat" (a source, lol) at Nintendo does. Someone with access to the backend for that.

I think both things can be true: Pyoro is playing it safe and we're probably in for a 6.5-7/10 Direct with hopefully a 9/10 closer!
it's still a transition year so it's going to be sorta 2018 level at max (which had some good stuff but mainly centered around one major release late in the year), so yeah i expect one or two bigger holiday things. For me, I continue to believe that Metroid Prime 4 and something like Mario Party (though if we're getting Mario Olympics, it may be something else) make the most sense - something core and something casual - feel like having a meaty anime RPG benefits them more in 2025 so expect Fire Emblem next year personally - and re-announcing Prime 4 with a short window to release makes a lot of sense with how long the wait has been

tbf, he himself might not have access to it so much as a "mole/rat" (a source, lol) at Nintendo does. Someone with access to the backend for that.
Oh yeah, absolutely. I don't think he's himself doing that, it has to be an external source. If it was him... he'd being so stupid. I guess Nintendo is narrowing down the method of how it's leaking and they just updated the eShop and Pyoro just tweeted, it's so over for him (or in instance, his source). Hope they take care of themselves, internet clout is not worth having both your job and life at stake.

It's getting clear with some of you that those attempts at discrediting Pyoro are less about reaching a logical conclusion, and more about personal vindication.

The real question is will Nintendo kill all the leakers before the Switch 2 showcase, aka the actual important event with the real big game announcements, to prevent any and all leaks

summer olympics game either with bringing back Sonic & Mario or a new 'Summer Olympics 2024' game from random studio featuring Nintendo characters
Mario and [face of Square Enix] at the 2024 Summer Olympic Games! Square has a history of making Mario sports titles, plus I think we're long overdue for another Mario and Square crossover. Now, is this really the case? Definitely not, it's 100% Mario and Sonic. But this would be very funny.

Yeah, it's only NSO related stuff. I'm no expert but I assume they don't need to do maintenance to create some game pages in the eShop, that would be extremely ridiculous and cheap.
Yeah these things aren't related. Pretty sure every NSO update is paired with a big banner update to the app on the eshop to promote the newly added titles too.
This being his source actually explains a number of things as well:
-Why Nintendo "might" talk about Reynatis, likely because that was just uploaded alongside other additions
-How he is able to tease some information about the games (Wonder's emojis, Eshop backend = access to screenshots)
-Why leaking Indie World would be harder (dozens of indie games released onto the Switch every day)

That DOES leave out any rationale for the MAR10 direct, though, as that was a whole 6 days prior to it. It's possible that since the information wasn't anything major (release dates and prices, lol) that the related contents were uploaded onto the backend prematurely and scheduled to "activate" after the presentation, and it'd certainly make sense given it's the only occurrence of him being that premature... but who knows.

It's manage your expectations on what the emoji's mean or on the Direct in general? How are y'all feeling? I'm bit scared of MP4 being no show again...
The emojis. Everyone immediately jumped on the Tomodachi Life train when it's obviously Switch Sports Resort (which is way more hype).

Imagine if its a $20-30 expansion to the original... I'd buy it on the spot no questions asked.

I don’t want to alarm anyone, but the previously seen MOTHER3 title for the Switch Online icons has been made blank on the Switch Online icon collection page.
Here it is back in March:

And here it is now:
tfjwnawu.jpg

rzw53rj4.jpg

It's getting clear with some of you that those attempts at discrediting Pyoro are less about reaching a logical conclusion, and more about personal vindication.
I've not seen anyone do that in those few recent pages tbh. Some people doubt about him having sources anymore, his wording makes that clear and the lack of hints. Imo his source his trying to cover up themselves, which makes sense since Nintendo is probably looking for the "mole". No one doubts the most credible leaker of the recent years, sometimes you just lose your sources, that can happen. Look at PracticalBrush.

I'm dreaming, and in my dream, I see Metroids. They fill my heart with heaven. I'm flying, and in the sky, I see DK. He answers all my longing...

I don’t want to alarm anyone, but the previously seen MOTHER3 title for the Switch Online icons has been made blank on the Switch Online icon collection page.

And here it is now:
tfjwnawu.jpg

rzw53rj4.jpg

There is that email going out later... Uh oh.

Yeah these things aren't related. Pretty sure every NSO update is paired with a big banner update to the app on the eshop to promote the newly added titles too.
This being his source actually explains a number of things as well:
-Why Nintendo "might" talk about Reynatis, likely because that was just uploaded alongside other additions
-How he is able to tease some information about the games (Wonder's emojis, Eshop backend = access to screenshots)
-Why leaking Indie World would be harder (dozens of indie games released onto the Switch every day)

That DOES leave out any rationale for the MAR10 direct, though, as that was a whole 6 days prior to it. It's possible that since the information wasn't anything major (release dates and prices, lol) that the related contents were uploaded onto the backend prematurely and scheduled to "activate" after the presentation, and it'd certainly make sense given it's the only occurrence of him being that premature... but who knows.
Oh, those are good points! That might be how he do it after all, trailers and screenshots are uploaded before the Direct for sure. About MAR10 day, hmm... maybe the release date was taken for the MAR10 day video as a whole?

And here it is now:
tfjwnawu.jpg

rzw53rj4.jpg

I can't believe it, is it time?

Oh, those are good points! That might be how he do it after all, trailers and screenshots are uploaded before the Direct for sure. About MAR10 day, hmm... maybe the release date was taken for the MAR10 day video as a whole?
No those would probably be scheduled updates to the games. Also, going through his leak history, I don't really have a feasible explanation for the "Feb 2021" direct post via the Eshop hypothetical, but also, I feel like this is a person with multiple sources we're talking about here.

I wanna point out that one of his first responses to the "Youtube Backend" theory was his pokemon leaks, which I presume are a different source entirely. He has never gotten game specific details on something correct that far in advance, nor even participated in discourse. It's a good "cope" defense for that accusation by throwing up a very specific, far call-out of information. Someone this versed into the scene to be on both Fami and Era can definetely have more than one source to corroborate info, it takes some gall to run an account like that.

I've not seen anyone do that in those few recent pages tbh.
I'm talking about the thread in general.

The reality is that no one here legitimately knows what the deal with Pyoro is/was, and yet you see multiple people being weirdly confident about their hypothesis. Yes, maybe he is in fact compromised in some way, but that whole "Yup it's totally over for him", very much feels like wanting to get some sort of "victory" over him.

No those would probably be scheduled updates to the games. Also, going through his leak history, I don't really have a feasible explanation for the "Feb 2021" direct post via the Eshop hypothetical, but also, I feel like this is a person with multiple sources we're talking about here.

I wanna point out that one of his first responses to the "Youtube Backend" theory was his pokemon leaks, which I presume are a different source entirely. He has never gotten game specific details on something correct that far in advance, nor even participated in discourse. It's a good "cope" defense for that accusation by throwing up a very specific, far call-out of information. Someone this versed into the scene to be on both Fami and Era can definetely have more than one source to corroborate info, it takes some gall to run an account like that.
Yeah, if I had info like that I would be scared as hell sharing info in the first place lol hahaha
About the MAR10 day I think he actually had access to the videos, not just release date updates since he talked about the movie beforehand. And you're right, I forgot he leaked Pokémon stuff, that has to be another source.

I’ve tweeted about this.

I don't think something is happening with Mother 3. No reason to release the game in Japan, wait a few months and release the game globally. If that was to happen, everything would have released at the same time.

Yeah it is one of the things about this thread that kind of drives me nuts. That and trying to decipher how they get their info. It's a direct speculation thread, not a "leaker" speculation thread. Oh well. It's almost over.

I'm talking about the thread in general.

The reality is that no one here legitimately knows what the deal with Pyoro is/was, and yet you see multiple people being weirdly confident about their hypothesis. Yes, maybe he is in fact compromised in some way, but that whole "Yup it's totally over for him", very much feels to me like wanting to get some sort of "victory" over him.
In that case I agree, it has not to be a fight against him (or defend him to the death), just let him be, he's a regular person as everyone. I hope he takes care and doesn't ruin his life for clout, it's not really worth. I'm kinda happy to have a blind experience this time though, kinda refreshing. The bird can take a break until he's sure nothing happens to him

summer olympics game either with bringing back Sonic & Mario or a new 'Summer Olympics 2024' game from random studio featuring Nintendo characters

Sega has the Olympics license I think, it won't be a random studio unless that's changed as nobody else can even make Olympics branded games.

Yeah, if I had info like that I would be scared as hell sharing info in the first place lol hahaha
About the MAR10 day I think he actually had access to the videos, not just release date updates since he talked about the movie beforehand. And you're right, I forgot he leaked Pokémon stuff, that has to be another source.
Wait what? He mentioned the movie? Where? IIRC He only mentioned that TTYD and LM2 would be there and then a day later mentioned the Showtime demo. Those 2 games getting scheduled updates on such an unusual day is certainly cause for scrutiny on his part, and he seemingly has another source to verify the PR calendar, so he could put two and two together there.

Yeah it is one of the things about this thread that kind of drives me nuts. That and trying to decipher how they get their info. It's a direct speculation thread, not a "leaker" speculation thread. Oh well. It's almost over.
Tbf most of recent speculation about him is whether the Direct will have first party surprises or not, which is why people over here watch those Direct. It's tiring threads are at least 80% about him but we gotta accept it's like that. In my case I know I'll be happy today since there's AA according to him and a Weiboo leaker (Pyoro please don't be wrong for the first time of your life I BEG YOU)

Quoted by: sd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom