• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is sending out rundowns like that typical? I've heard of rehearsal for stage shows like E3 but not sending full rundowns to the media beforehand.
Was common but not anymore. Companies would send PR a few hours ahead of an E3 presentation (under embargo) or in the case of a Direct... the day before to select outlets. Such practices haven't been used in several years.

Being light on 1st party announcements is completely different than there being no 1st party announcements, there will be some great games shown tomorrow of that I am sure and so long as we get one 1st party game regardless of what it turns out to be, I am happy.

I will see everyone when the direct starts, later.

If it's light on 1st party stuff, it doesn't rule out 2nd party games from devs working on franchises that Nintendo owns but is traditionally not from EPD.
Very vague.

alright, so its been awhile since we got a new emu

i would say gamecube would make its entrance for NSO or NSO+ ... likely NSO since its a core system and many fond memories from them

what to launch with? first luigi's mansion, mario kart, super paper mario, wario world, first anaimal cross ... and thats just my starting picks mind you ... maybe a import

a few triple As, maybe the wind waker and twilight princes bundle

a teaser for the new animal crossing ... please fix the broken golden tools ... DIY sucked so bad

maybe a new mario game trailer and a new pokemon trailer ... maybe

new additions for the NSO/NSO+ emus ... like the pokemon series would be nice ... though they would need some sort of transfer service other than home ...

just for laughs ... i want to see palworld be on there

a hand ful of indies

and a teaser for the switch succsor ... its a double negative when we know the game devs are already working on new titles though ... more information would be in the next direct ... say september?

im sure boswer has finally gotten comfortable in his new position already so he may even make the direct himself or just the hardware part

thats all i have for it ...

I thought of this earlier and forgot to bring it up haha. Nintendo can hide a game if they truly wanted too.
That still surprises me to this day lol. I hope they manage to do it again. I mean Metroid Dread was known to be in development and to come in 2021, but nobody had details nor the Dread name...
Yeah cuz then they would 100% name it Mini, or Partner or anything along those lines.
I mean the freakin Partner Showcase had a first party announcement lol at this point I think it's clear they'll have something
I seriously can't believe we might be living in the "PapaGeno is the ultimate Nintendo leaker" timeline
After he knew about MPR being shadow dropped and a bunch of stuff on Peach Showtime and RPG... I guess he kinda is lol.
So far he's also the only person calming to have heard about Metroid Prime 4's release timing ever since Emily said it was targeting 2023 back in 2021(!!)
Is it public knowledge how they managed to do that? I’m not sure I ever saw this being discussed online.
I believe it's what you and Truno said just above my post, yeah. Most likely they sent the press the entire Direct without the Zelda teaser. Even the format was "weird" with the fake one last thing being Banjo for Smash.

I'd like to point out that the Miyamoto playing the Star Fox Zero prototype at E3 2014 was apparently not shown to the press before the Livestream or wasn't livestreamed outside of Nintendo's own? There was some weirdness going on.

Going the full secrecy route of just some key marketing people getting to put it after the part where more people are involved in putting together the Direct would also be something they could do.

“light in first party stuff” is weird because I feel like most directs have a similar amount of first party stuff to the point where it’s not even worth counting it up to make the distinction.

It just comes down to whether or not the first party stuff is something you specifically like lol.

Like at the very least, we’re getting a first party opener and closer. The only time I can think of where that hasn’t been true is when Overwatch opened that one direct. And Bayonetta 3 which is honorary Nintendo at this point.

If it's light on 1st party stuff, it doesn't rule out 2nd party games from devs working on franchises that Nintendo owns but is traditionally not from EPD.
Very vague.
How do we “quantify” “light? 3 announcements? 2? If there’s 5 kinds of first party announcements then what?

alright, so its been awhile since we got a new emu

i would say gamecube would make its entrance for NSO or NSO+ ... likely NSO since its a core system and many fond memories from them

what to launch with? first luigi's mansion, mario kart, super paper mario, wario world, first anaimal cross ... and thats just my starting picks mind you ... maybe a import

a few triple As, maybe the wind waker and twilight princes bundle

a teaser for the new animal crossing ... please fix the broken golden tools ... DIY sucked so bad

maybe a new mario game trailer and a new pokemon trailer ... maybe

new additions for the NSO/NSO+ emus ... like the pokemon series would be nice ... though they would need some sort of transfer service other than home ...

just for laughs ... i want to see palworld be on there

a hand ful of indies

and a teaser for the switch succsor ... its a double negative when we know the game devs are already working on new titles though ... more information would be in the next direct ... say september?

im sure boswer has finally gotten comfortable in his new position already so he may even make the direct himself or just the hardware part

thats all i have for it ...
Unfortunately the official announcement says the Switch successor won't be mentioned.

How do we “quantify” “light? 3 announcements? 2? If there’s 5 kinds of first party announcements then what?
good question. just commenting on Pyoro's assestment. TBH, it's so vague people will read anything into it and call it correct.
I'm not even sure if its definition of 1st party matches mine.

Man, I really hope the reason Pyoro hasn't tweeted anything is because he doesn't know and not because he's teasing us and will leak everything just a few hours before the show (or worse yet, he knows and thinks there's nothing worthwhile 😬)
Damn, I guess it was the worst timeline... 🫤

good question. just commenting on Pyoro's assestment. TBH, it's so vague people will read anything into it and call it correct.
I'm not even sure if his definition of 1st party matches mine.
Yep. It’s too vague and pyoro has never been vague. He’s usually clear cut onto specific games when he leaks.

I think both things can be true: Pyoro is playing it safe and we're probably in for a 6.5-7/10 Direct with hopefully a 9/10 closer!

im going to bed. see you on the other side fami. hopefully i'll get to see sigurd in the sun tomorrow morning

As long as no one overreacts too negatively if the direct is bad we’re good.
Be prepared for people overreacting of it's "too good" because that would mean the games are being "held back by the Switch" lol. Remember February 2022 Direct??
I can see something similar tbh.
random thought about directs past: Is Daemon X Machina the weirdest thing Nintendo ever used as an E3 opener?
Probably yeah lol. But tbh I get their reasoning. That E3 was basically "Smash with some bonuses" and they got to open with a new timed exclusive IP.
“light in first party stuff” is weird because I feel like most directs have a similar amount of first party stuff to the point where it’s not even worth counting it up to make the distinction.

It just comes down to whether or not the first party stuff is something you specifically like lol.

Like at the very least, we’re getting a first party opener and closer. The only time I can think of where that hasn’t been true is when Overwatch opened that one direct. And Bayonetta 3 which is honorary Nintendo at this point.
Yeah, I mean, there were tons of people claiming the June 2023 Direct was confirming Switch was dying when it literally had a shitton of first party games revealed.

Seems like he knows nothing about the Direct, he's being very vague about it which is very out of character for him

It sounds like Pyoro has no idea what's going to be in the Direct and he's just assuming that there won't be a lot of first-party announcements because nothing has leaked and the Switch 2 is coming out next year.

It sounds like Pyoro has no idea what's going to be in the Direct and he's just assuming that there won't be a lot of first-party announcements because nothing has leaked and the Switch 2 is coming out next year.
he's just mocking midori who has been doing the exact same thing this whole time. his tweets have the exact same mannerisms

I think Pyoros source is looking like a rotisserie chicken right about now, and that's why he waited so long to say anything, as he no longer has information.

He talked about the most obvious JRPG, playing it safe and he's also being vague and unsure here. He knows nothing, at least it makes me feel somewhat better about the content cause that means it's not there's not anything interesting, it's just he doesn't know anymore & he doesn't wanna lose his reputation. Safe guesses like Mario Party are definitely not "insider" info and if it doesn't show up he'll pretend it was a coincidence. It's like that "Nindai doko" tweet, if there's a Direct "the direct is here", if there's no Direct he can pretend that was a hint at the fact there was nothing. VERY weird

Maybe it'll be "light" because it's just a bunch of old ports and remasters with no significant hit new titles minus like one

Maybe it'll be "light" because it's just a bunch of old ports and remasters with no significant hit new titles minus like one
750.jpg

I'm hoping for at least a Prime 4 tease before a full blown dedicated direct later in the year.
Plus, as always, I expect some completely out of left field bullshit (In a good way :p).

There was the heightened secrecy, but there was also one crazy move they pulled that I fully think was meant only as a way to cover for that one particular reveal (as they’ve never done anything like it since): they sent the entire rundown of the show to major media ahead of time… but left out the Zelda stinger.

No reason to look any further into anything when you already know it all!
Also of note: Nintendo's E3 2019 Press Kit, which (I believe, PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong) was sent out before the show, made zero reference to the BOTW sequel.

Was common but not anymore. Companies would send PR a few hours ahead of an E3 presentation (under embargo) or in the case of a Direct... the day before to select outlets. Such practices haven't been used in several years.

Hey @NateDrake , about your F-Zero GX predictions. Is that wishful thinking or do you have inside info?

I ask because F-Zero GX is a difficult game to publish, not just because the profits are shared with Sega, but because the soundtrack is owned by a separate individual.

That means that if Nintendo were to remaster the game, they would have to sell it at a high price to be able to recoup its costs (and F-Zero doesn't really sell much). Either that or they would have to change the soundtrack so they don't have to pay royalties.

The direct is 'light' on 1st-party content because a new Donkey Kong Country is the 'light' of 1st party content in this direct.

Also, wow, this tweet from Pyoro is kinda horseshit. I apologize for my constant bashing of his presence (lol) but that's a really annoying contradictory sentence. You're effectively saying "It might be light on new first party announcements, but it might also not be!" Yet you're stating the first part as some kind of definitive affirmation. I'm presuming it's some form of a Mario Party teaser but considering how directs these days don't reveal that many first party titles to begin with, I'm not really sure what expectation he's supposed to be curbing. Really frustrating post lol

Don't wanna seem like I'm constantly defending Pyoro, cause a leaker's gonna run out eventually.
But there's something a little funny to me how people are going "they're being super vague so if they're wrong they'll be on the hook for a while longer" when they teased TTYD last year like this. No one got the door connection, and I'd say calling attention to the use of the word "Party" is at least on the level of their initial Mario Wonder leak. If Mario Party isn't there though rip bozo lol

Don't wanna seem like I'm constantly defending Pyoro, cause a leaker's gonna run out eventually.
But there's something a little funny to me how people are going "they're being super vague so if they're wrong they'll be on the hook for a while longer" when they teased TTYD last year like this. No one got the door connection, and I'd say calling attention to the use of the word "Party" is at least on the level of their initial Mario Wonder leak. If Mario Party isn't there though rip bozo lol

Nah I'm pretty confident Mario Party's there, this is just him saving face on what he doesn't know. The way he's communicating this is really annoying, though. What does he classify as "light" on first party?

Also, wow, this tweet from Pyoro is kinda horseshit. I apologize for my constant bashing of his presence (lol) but that's a really annoying contradictory sentence. You're effectively saying "It might be light on new first party announcements, but it might also not be!" Yet you're stating the first part as some kind of definitive affirmation. I'm presuming it's some form of a Mario Party teaser but considering how directs these days don't reveal that many first party titles to begin with, I'm not really sure what expectation he's supposed to be curbing. Really frustrating post lol
I don't see how it's contradictory, tbh. It just amounts to "there won't be much 1st party, but the 1st party that's there will be significant/shocking". Still not a super substantial tweet, but def not contradictory

But here it's clear he's teasing something, we didn't know what though. His last bunch of tweets are "mights", very different situation. When he tweeted "what will close the Direct" he had 5 prior tweets spoiling the whole direct, that's not the case either here which makes me think he really doesn't know anything. The motive? It's not clear, he might have lost his sources or Nintendo is being VERY (and oddly) secretive this time.

I don't see how it's contradictory, tbh. It just amounts to "there won't be much 1st party, but the 1st party that's there will be significant/shocking". Still not a super substantial tweet, but def not contradictory
Yeah I guess you could interpret it that way. My thing is- and I'll get to why this is frustrating in a bit, and why you could think of it that way- is that the way you... write sentences is that statement followed by "but" are typically referring to something contrary to the information of the preceding statement. He didn't really mention the 1st party being surprising or not initially, he was discussing their quantity, and his knowledge of them, where the term "surprises" can also mean 1st party announces beyond his purview. Which, at that point, declaring confidently "it will be light on 1st party" and then saying "but there could still be more 1st party" makes it something of a contradictory statement.

That being said though, everyone uses english in many different ways, especially in an online age where we tend to pick up on usage via osmosis and don't really fixate on general rules and structures (I'm not from an english-speaking country and I've certainly picked it up that way.) Because of that, Pyoro could well be meaning to say "There's not a lot of 1st party, but they're gonna be shocking" and his wording of it is simply misleading. Who knows? People don't tend to just say contradictory things, right? It's just not something that aligns well with his outright vague presenting of information this time, because you could also well interpret it as him effectively saying "I know what I know and that I don't know" re: first parties, lmao.

OK, long-winded rant over.

But here it's clear he's teasing something, we didn't know what though. His last bunch of tweets are "mights", very different situation. When he tweeted "what will close the Direct" he had 5 prior tweets spoiling the whole direct, that's not the case either here which makes me think he really doesn't know anything. The motive? It's not clear, he might have lost his sources or Nintendo is being VERY (and oddly) secretive this time.
What do you mean by oddly? Nintendo being secretive about their plans for Directs or what have your isn't a new thing. They been like this for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom