• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the bird is right, it would align with my overall expectations for this Direct: Switch's last year would be filled up with lots of ports/remasters, to go along with any worthwhile third party offerings. Prime 4 as the ceiling.

If I'm lucky, hopefully Pyoro not apparently caring about third party stuff (again), means maybe there's more besides DQ for me to look forward to.

Pyoro seemed really unsure. Like he said he expects surprises in relation to first party announcements which, alongside his silence, implies he could’ve gotten busted or his Nintendo sources got busted at least

And they wouldn't deny sources getting plugged. Wouldn't they normally have gone out of their way to do so given the way they were so defensive over their source not being backend of YT?

And they wouldn't deny sources getting plugged. Wouldn't they normally have gone out of their way to do so given the way they were so defensive over their source not being backend of YT?
The thing is his source could be scared after what happened to the YouTube employee.

Folks, have faith.
If Metroid Prime 4 gonna show its graphic tonight, then why not Pokemon Legends ZA?
Totally depends on how optimistic we are.

Pyoro's phrasing feels weak and flimsy vs their traditional strong, confident language.

Beyond that, I think people need to lower expectations for this direct. There's only so much you can expect Nintendo to announce in terms of large caliber games this deep into the consoles life cycle. It's in its 8th year, they should be conserving their big announcements for the next generation/cross gen. The more they announce here, the fewer devs are working on Switch 2 focused games, and especially with higher fidelity games, those dev cycles will be long so every title counts imo. Remasters and ports is my expectation tomorrow. Maybe MP4 but I personally hope they withhold it until later

Returning to talk about Pyoro recent hint, cause it could relate to Mario Party. They way he says this might be Mario Party Superstars 2 , The way he lined breaked being light on 1st Party could reference light on Mario Party 1 content but More content from installments past Mario Party 1-3. remember last direct he said what will "close the direct" which indicated the thousand year door remake being the final game of the september 2023 direct.

Pyoro's phrasing feels weak and flimsy vs their traditional strong, confident language.

Beyond that, I think people need to lower expectations for this direct. There's only so much you can expect Nintendo to announce in terms of large caliber games this deep into the consoles life cycle. It's in its 8th year, they should be conserving their big announcements for the next generation/cross gen. The more they announce here, the fewer devs are working on Switch 2 focused games, and especially with higher fidelity games, those dev cycles will be long so every title counts imo. Remasters and ports is my expectation tomorrow. Maybe MP4 but I personally hope they withhold it until later

Remasters and ports is my always best case scenario if they're for the games I love the most X) you get near-guaranteed, replayable greatness with those. If Prime 2 Remastered was the one and only thing I saw that I liked tomorrow, I'd still be hyped.

TBH if DK and Mario Party show up, I'll totally take "doko" and "party (line break)" as hints.
Those are still significant enough to carry a Nintendo Direct and expect 13 million console sales over the fiscal year, while also not being a lot for first party output (though there will still likely be further updates on NES World Championships or LM2 or F-Zero 99 or something).
Pyoro being less confident in wording though for more than 1 tweet is a little strange though, I just thought it was too soon to jump to a conclusion after 1 tweet. I still think it may be too soon, could just be Pyoro going "haha Nintendo agents outside my house I'm just guessing :) don't worryyyyy" cause I don't think your username trending every time a Direct gets announced goes without any attention from Nintendo.

Can someone explain to me the possible “Mario Party” hint?
They way he says this might be Mario Party Superstars 2 , The way he lined breaked being light on 1st Party could reference light on Mario Party 1 content but More content from installments past Mario Party 1-3.

Can someone explain to me the possible “Mario Party” hint?
Purposefully pressed enter after the word "party", making the post longer, and ended it with surprises. Would be pretty funny if it was an accident and just a complete coincidence but Pyoro is usually clever and precise with his hints.

The tweet said the direct was going to focus on games releasing the second half of 2024. Pokemon ZA is a 2025 game
we go through this every time lol. they never really stick to that. though i would generally doubt the gameplay reveal of ZA being in a direct cuz of how TPC can be

With Pyoro acting weird, the Switch successor looming over the horizon and so many loose ends when it comes to games that have been hinted for years possibly coming to an end, this feels like a very high stakes Direct. Never been this pumped.

With Pyoro acting weird, the Switch successor looming over the horizon and so many loose ends when it comes to games that have been hinted for years possibly coming to an end, this feels like a very high stakes Direct. Never been this pumped.
its gonna be a bunch of indie games and mario party and fami will go nuclear

Is it public knowledge how they managed to do that? I’m not sure I ever saw this being discussed online.

Kit & Krysta mentioned in a podcast that most of the marketing team that worked on that E3 direct had no idea about the one last thing segment, and their reactions were completely genuine.

I assume they only showed the final cut to those in senior positions or something of the sort

Kit & Krysta mentioned in a podcast that even most of the marketing team that worked on that E3 direct had no idea about that one last thing, and their reactions were completely genuine.

I assume they only showed the final cut to those in senior positions, or something of the sort
There was the heightened secrecy, but there was also one crazy move they pulled that I fully think was meant only as a way to cover for that one particular reveal (as they’ve never done anything like it since): they sent the entire rundown of the show to major media ahead of time… but left out the Zelda stinger.

No reason to look any further into anything when you already know it all!

There was the heightened secrecy, but there was also one crazy move they pulled that I fully think was meant only as a way to cover for that one particular reveal (as they’ve never done anything like it since): they sent the entire rundown of the show to major media ahead of time… but left out the Zelda stinger.

No reason to look any further into anything when you already know it all!
Is sending out rundowns like that typical? I've heard of rehearsal for stage shows like E3 but not sending full rundowns to the media beforehand.

Is it public knowledge how they managed to do that? I’m not sure I ever saw this being discussed online.
IIRC they screened that presentation to the press and just didn't include the TotK trailer. Some people knew it was coming; Serkan Toto tweeted about it (something like "a legendary ending") before the event. That was a teaser trailer for a game several years out, though. If something is in the presentation in a more substantial way (e.g., has a gameplay breakdown), it would presumably need to be in the first cut.

edit: oh you've already addressed this lol

Is sending out rundowns like that typical? I've heard of rehearsal for stage shows like E3 but not sending full rundowns to the media beforehand.
It did happen sometimes in the old early 2010s E3 days, and some publishers like Square or Capcom would send them when they did their own pandemic showcases, but it’s unheard of from the major 3 in the age of digital events apart from this one instance.

I don't have much expectation or hype riding on first party for this one, so I'm hoping to see:

Fantasian
DQ HD2D
Suikoden 1+2
New Atelier game
Marvelous with either Farmagia or Rune Factory Project Dragon

Something is definitely different feeling going into this Direct. Usually I feel it’s a leaking ship bout now, but we are genuinely all in for a ride of unknown. I like that!

the neat part about a Direct 7 years into a successful console's life is

If it's good -> hell yeah, this thing's library somehow just keeps getting better and better, way to exceed expectations and not miss a beat, I don't know, how they do it, we just knew they had one more in 'em

If it's bad -> I mean we're 7 years in, the new thing is right around the corner, it had a good run, what was anybody really expecting for the last year anyhow, of course things are slowing down we just got a 3D Zelda and 2D Mario last year

I'm playing both sides so I always come out on top

It's probably going to be one of those Direct with a solid opening and closer but a mediocre middle. Not surprising considering the timing!

the neat part about a Direct 7 years into a successful console's life is

If it's good -> hell yeah, this thing's library somehow just keeps getting better and better, way to exceed expectations and not miss a beat, I don't know, how they do it, we just knew they had one more in 'em

If it's bad -> I mean we're 7 years in, the new thing is right around the corner, it had a good run, what was anybody really expecting for the last year anyhow, of course things are slowing down we just got a 3D Zelda and 2D Mario last year

I'm playing both sides so I always come out on top
Good or bad direct the Switch 2 is around the corner lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom