• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't it be funny if Nintendo didn't have any first party games they didn't already have announced and was basically just like, Prime 4, NES World Championships and F-Zero 99 DLC

With less than 12 hours until the direct, Pyoro only has two leaks with one piggyback to the Chinese leak, I do think Pyoro has lost his source(s).

as for brand new games, I did predict only Mario Party and Donkey Kong; so light on 1st Party checks out.

Prime 4 is an already announced game, Zelda get ports and Fire Emblem a remake.

I would say that's a hype killer, but them saying "expect" also feels like a red flag. They didn't say their source was plugged or not either. But I am nervous now regardless. I hope maybe this means we still get desired ports maybe.
I'm currently leanin' towards him having his 1st party Nintendo Sources Plugged.

Honestly I will find it ironic if the debacle with the other insider drama this month led to Pyoro’s sources retreating either out of fear or due to being found out.

Accounting for Nintendo’s internally projection for this fiscal year’s earnings, it does seem like there’s an information gap on Pyoro’s side of things.

Irrespectively, looking forward to a less spoiled Direct leadup!

watch that tweet from yesterday actually be a donkey kong hint but it's the only major 1st party game announced

sacrifice-shrek.gif

If there are 4 or more first party games tomorrow

Pyoro is officially cooked

He sounds super unsure about everything and is giving no details at all

Also if we get Gen V remakes somehow EVERY LEAKER ON THE PLANET IS COOKED because no clue how that would have been kept secret so long

Pyoro aside, I do think people have let the hype train run right off the rails for this direct.

There’s a significant subset of the community that is convinced that the Direct will include substantial information about MP4, FE4, a shadow dropped MP2, probably reveals of WW/TP, Mario Party, Ace Attorney, and maybe even a 2D Zelda and/or new DK title.

That would be an insane direct. Literally unprecedented.

Maybe I’m dooming but it just seems unlikely that the company that was supposedly originally planning to release Switch 2 in the fall, then delayed, and is now having to fill this previously unplanned 9 month extension of the Switch 1 lifecycle, all of a sudden has this laundry list of amazing titles to fill it with.

Obviously we’ll know in a couple hours, but it seems like not keeping expectations in check is just a set up for disappointment on this one.

I hope so, but they're still putting out their neck by stating "It will be light on 1st party." If it's not, we'll know 100% they're cooked.
You can say every Directs in the Switch era is light on first party, directs always feature around 30 games with around 5 came from Nintendo itself.

If there are 4 or more first party games tomorrow

Pyoro is officially cooked

He sounds super unsure about everything and is giving no details at all

Also if we get Gen V remakes somehow EVERY LEAKER ON THE PLANET IS COOKED because no clue how that would have been kept secret so long
Gen V Remakes not in a Pokemon Direct would be a surprise for sure, at most I'd expect a small look at Legends ZA

While I agree that Pyoro’s vagueness is worth noting, I think it’s also probably a good idea to keep expectations low for this one.

Always better to be pleasantly surprised than disappointed.

You can say every Directs in the Switch era is light on first party, directs always feature around 30 games with around 5 came from Nintendo itself.

I guess the term is somewhat subjective. If every Direct is light, why would Pyoro bother specifically saying so here?

Pyoro aside, I do think people have let the hype train run right off the rails for this direct.

There’s a significant subset of the community that is convinced that the Direct will include substantial information about MP4, FE4, a shadow dropped MP2, probably reveals of WW/TP, Mario Party, Ace Attorney, and maybe even a 2D Zelda and/or new DK title.

Maybe I’m dooming but it just seems unlikely that the company that was supposedly originally planning to release Switch 2 in the fall, then delayed, and is now having to fill this previously unplanned 9 month extension of the Switch 1 lifecycle, all of a sudden has this laundry list of amazing titles to fill it with.

Obviously we’ll know in a couple hours, but it seems like not keeping expectations in check is just a set up for disappointment on this one.
Yeah, I'm trying to keep my hype in check too. I know it won't feature back-to-back bangers, and realistically won't feature too many crazy things.

Even in the best Directs, Nintendo rarely go with more than 3 brand new game announcements; they often take the opportunity to talk about already known games and sprinkle some ports/remasters/remakes when needed.

I think a lot of the extra hype comes from A) this being the first General Direct since last September, a very long gap, and B) the idea this could be a "grand sendoff" to the Switch 1. It's still possible we get one last Switch 1-only Direct this September, though I can't imagine any more beyond that. Always good to temper expectations, and remember one person's A-tier Direct is another's D-tier. As long as I get 2 or 3 things I really care about a lot, I'll be satisfied. Even just strong NSO updates and 1 great new first-party title would be terrific by me.

The truth is pretty simple. He's probably recognizing that people don't really like spoilers for these types of things and he wants to be polite. It's not a grand conspiracy.
It would be nice if he came out and said that though, otherwise the next time around there will still be endless speculation.
Ah well, it can't be helped. These things ebb and flow.

We only had a Partner Showcase and this is the first real Direct of this year. No way it doesn't have a lot of 1st party stuff. I think they managed to hide announcments to avoid leakers this time and Pyoro just doesn't know what to say.

There are rumors that the Switch 2 was always next year. And to be fair the list of games you mentioned, while popular on fami, aren’t all major sellers and absolutely could happen ( though I don’t think they all will be there tomorrow)

Pyoro seemed really unsure. Like he said he expects surprises in relation to first party announcements which, alongside his silence, implies he could’ve gotten busted or his Nintendo sources got busted at least

Nintendo managed to hide the Tears of the Kingdom announcement teaser from everybody in 2019. I wouldn't be surprised if they just kept Metroid Prime 4 hidden just like back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom