• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say less likely, because the first thing we saw of the Mario movie in a direct was the release date and trailers would be much closer to launch so this just seems like that news isn't there at all. Even a teaser would probably have a date.
Tbf this is the Japanese date, I’m pretty sure they only announced the American date last time, which they already announced for this new movie back on Mario Day. Doesn’t matter too much though.

Google translate:
Hello, this is Miyamoto. We will be broadcasting a Nintendo Direct tonight, but before that I would like to make an announcement.
The release date for the new Super Mario animated movie in Japan has been set for April 24, 2026. We are working with the Illumination team to make it a fun movie, so please continue to look forward to it.
oh hell yeah, just it added to my calendar!

Zat9qSd.png

short answer: they were found to be an old, unreliable leaker who had already been kicked out of some circles and "Midori" was them cosplaying as a Japanese woman to rebrand. As all this came out it was found that they had access to an internal Sega plan that they had been dripfeeding info from for a while, which gained them clout, and then when they had leaked everything they had from that Sega plan they began spouting BS about other companies, hence the sudden pivot to "leaking" tons of random codenames from Nintendo and Square.
Huh. The Square Enix stuff seemed more in-depth, though I wasn't paying too much attention. I don't know how much clout they would've expected from Nintendo codenames, though

You're all burying the lede. You're looking for the leaked trees and missing the potential forest. You need to look inward and realize the greatest potential for the Direct.

In the June Direct 2021, two years before the first movie's release, we got the Mario casting list that broke the internet.

Tomorrow's Direct is the June Direct two years before the second Mario movie releases.

EDIT: I didn't math correctly.
Who cares if my memory confused the June and September 2021 Directs, Lisan Al Gaib up in here.

Huh. The Square Enix stuff seemed more in-depth, though I wasn't paying too much attention. I don't know how much clout they would've expected from Nintendo codenames, though
Well I did say "short version." 😅 There's a lot more, including them using some of the clout they got from the Sega info to do "leak trades" with someone who supposedly had legit sources, and I think some of the Squeenix stuff might've come from that. I'd still take anything recent from that account with a grain of salt because a bunch of the stuff that came out surrounding the downfall reflected really poorly on them and their methods. Live A Live 2 may actually exist! But I wouldn't take Midori's word for it anymore.

NGL, Wart would be awesome to see again.
I genuinely hope they have the guts to bring in Wart as the villain for this one, and have Bowser be an uneasy ally like he is in the RPGs. Such a rad character design, and a hell of a deep cut by now. He'd bring an awesome rogues' gallery with him as well.

TFW there aren't any Kongs in that pic...
he's the one taking the picture

NGL, it was my first reaction to the picture too 😭

Hopefully there's at least some NSO goodness for DK Fans...

I genuinely hope they have the guts to bring in Wart as the villain for this one, and have Bowser be an uneasy ally like he is in the RPGs. Such a rad character design, and a hell of a deep cut by now. He'd bring an awesome rogue's gallery with him as well.
We can only Dream...

Google translate:
Hello, this is Miyamoto. We will be broadcasting a Nintendo Direct tonight, but before that I would like to make an announcement.
The release date for the new Super Mario animated movie in Japan has been set for April 24, 2026. We are working with the Illumination team to make it a fun movie, so please continue to look forward to it.

The Super Mario Bros. Movie: The Game confirmed for tomorrow!

NGL, Wart would be awesome to see again.

I genuinely hope they have the guts to bring in Wart as the villain for this one, and have Bowser be an uneasy ally like he is in the RPGs. Such a rad character design, and a hell of a deep cut by now. He'd bring an awesome rogues' gallery with him as well.
As much as I definitely want to see Wart again (and also the trope of forcing Mario and Bowser to cooperate to save their friends and family), I don't see that happening for the second movie. Yoshi being teased likely means we'll get our SMB3+World speed run, and an excuse to introduce my Magnificent Seven (the Koopalings) into the mix to bolster Bowser's supporting cast (and also soften him a bit). Maybe Junior, too, in the interest of time.

But for that third movie? Hell yeah, have Sub-con be the focal point, as Wart and the 8bits Gang invade and quickly wreck shop of Koopa and Mushroom forces alike! Tease that big froggo in the stinger like Thanos.

Metroid, Donkey Kong, and Hollow Knight fans will be very pleased with the presentation. JK. You fell for it again suckers! Here's a remaster of some Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game you dopes!

Hello, this is Furukawa. We will be broadcasting a Nintendo Direct tonight, but before that I would like to make an announcement.
We regret to inform you that we just made the tough decision of shutting down both Next Level Games and Retro Studios. But, I do have good news...

...I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico!

Yeah Donkey Kong is like an up-in-the-air distant rumor at this point. Would be more out of left field than the expected Metroid Prime 4 and Silksong.

Like Metroid Prime 4 and Silksong might not be in this direct but they are expected before 2026.

ngl, Midori imploding and Pyoro possibly losing his 1st party sources right as we head into the "it's probably the last Switch 1-only direct, do they finally show Prime 4/port WW&TP/make another fucking Donkey Kong" direct is some excellent work on the part of the scriptwriters
Was just thinking that earlier, lol

As much as I definitely want to see Wart again (and also the trope of forcing Mario and Bowser to cooperate to save their friends and family), I don't see that happening for the second movie. Yoshi being teased likely means we'll get our SMB3+World speed run, and an excuse to introduce my Magnificent Seven (the Koopalings) into the mix to bolster Bowser's supporting cast (and also soften him a bit). Maybe Junior, too, in the interest of time.

But for that third movie? Hell yeah, have Sub-con be the focal point, as Wart and the 8bits Gang invade and quickly wreck shop of Koopa and Mushroom forces alike! Tease that big froggo in the stinger like Thanos.
And in the Post-Credits scene of the 3rd movie after Wart is defeated and Bowser is relaxing in his castle...

250px-SMRPG_NS_Exor_Artwork.png

Shoutouts to Nintendo actually keeping secrets this time, I don't know what we're getting and that's super exciting. I kinda hope Pyoro doesn't come in at the homestretch and bellows "METROID PRIME 4 AND DONKEY KONG!!!" from the rooftops. I actually like getting surprised from time-to-time! Maybe that's asking for too much these days, though.

Shoutouts to Nintendo actually keeping secrets this time, I don't know what we're getting and that's super exciting. I kinda hope Pyoro doesn't come in at the homestretch and bellows "METROID PRIME 4 AND DONKEY KONG!!!" from the rooftops. I actually like getting surprised from time-to-time! Maybe that's asking for too much these days, though.
If pyoro just straight up leaks everything before the direct tomorrow then screw him. Such a pathetic move

QA has been a serious source of leaks in the past.
Yeah, that's probably where stuff like Metroid Prime Remastered, Fire Emblem Engage, Everybody 1-2 Switch and etc got leaked.
But knowing the shadow drop of MPR didn't really feel like something that anyone that isn't on the dev team, had access to the Direct or works on marketing would know.

I feel like the Samus bashing is in itself a hint at Metroid. That'd be funny
I think that's probably what's he doing and I hope that's the case lol!!
dqiii coming in November, AA Investigations, something Dragalia Lost

Papagenos doubled down on the 2d Zelda game starred by Zelda
Wait, Dragalia Lost????? Was that Pyoro like real then?
PapaGenos back in late 2018 swore to all hell that Banjo was coming to Smash and 6 months later he was proved right. Been rooting for my little pizzaïolo ever since.
Jeez I didn't remember that!!! But yeah, he did say to have heard about MP4 coming this fall while Nate was speculating about it being cross gen. So I think I'll give him a shot after he was spot on with MPR where that would be the most absurd outcome possible.
it's me Steve i have been humbled, humiliated and tortured, all i wish is for Prime 4 2024 launch.
I'll even sacrifice certain members here and ruin the chances of F-Zero coming back.

I'll even sacrifice Nate, Papa Genos, Brazil and Even Pyoro, it's sadly a sacrifice i'm willing to make, hope it's alr for y'all.

spiderman-sir.gif
I'd sacrifice anything for Metroid Prime 4.
Choose your fighter:

A) MP4 releases this Fall as a Switch 1 game, with a next-gen upgrade at launch and a meaty gameplay trailer in this Direct, but MP2 and MP3 are absent.
B) MP2 + 3 HD release this Summer/Fall as Switch 1 games, but MP4 is a no-show and we have to wait until whenever Nintendo unveils the new console to see it.

I haven't played any of these games, but adored Prime Remastered and every 2D Metroid (well I guess I only liked Samus Returns). I'd probably go A, since we could still get MP2 and 3 HD in a September Direct or later showcase. I just want to see the latest in the franchise.
A) definitely!! I don't think you'll have to have played the Trilogy to get along with 4's story any more than you need to know Fusion to play Dread or even as much as you need to know anything Zelda to play BotW.
Not only that but I'd much rather have those come in years that wouldn't have Metroid games, being on the level of Metroid Prime Remastered and coming as cross gen in 2026 or later, than being Hagi ports and risking franchise fatigue.

And Metroid Prime 4 is the one of the bunch that's been officially announced for 7 years. It's damn time.

You guys think Retro have two games in development???

Or maybe they’re finishing off Prime 4 and helping Nintendo with a big future title.

They seem to be fairly large now.
From late 2018 to mid/late 2021, both Metroid Prime Remastered and Metroid Prime 4 were in the making by then. From the point MPR gone gold onwards I believe they've been hard at work on MP4 only, but maybe QA testing started they started pre-production on Metroid Prime 5. They might be helping EPD Tokyo on DK tho?? But very few people, not a co-development or anything.

Why are there complaints someone who leaks Directs might leak a Direct before it happens in the spoilers thread? There is a non-spoilers thread for y'all. Getting mad at a hypothetical situation where the bird leaks the Direct tomorrow is just silly.

If pyoro just straight up leaks everything before the direct tomorrow then screw him. Such a pathetic move
Idk, it is plausible to me that this ends up happening. I think people might not understand the crazy dopamine trip you get waving all that clout around and holding all the secrets, especially when you're also "squashing out" the grifters in the scene too. We need to stop idolizing this stuff already lol, I was hoping we'd all learn our lesson as a community after we got backstabbed last week but I'm still seeing all this crazy hype and respect drum up for a guy ruining Nintendo's plans and actively damaging their business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom