• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good lord we don't need yet another Pokemon game this year. Let the series take a break.
shut up nerd. seriously tho I would take some x and y remasters honestly. maybe spruce em up and combine them into the pokemon z. or drop bw and bw2 into the eshop or something.

I don't understand why Nate and MVG both think it's too late in the year to announce and release MP4. Don't I remember Nate saying previously that it would have a quick marketing cycle a la Metroid Dread or no?

Mid-June to mid-November is 5 months.
It was only 5.5 months between the Switch's announcement and release.
it did strike me as a bit odd to think June is too late to show/date Prime 4 when that's the same month they've revealed games like Dread and Mario Wonder

Updated predictions:
00:00 Opens with Fire Emblem 4
00:04 3rd party games (Sonic x Shadow, farming simulator, Among Us)
00:07 Luigi Mansion 2 HD final trailer
00:08 3rd party games (DQ 3 HD, farming simulator)
00:14 F-Zero GX remaster
00:16 3rd party games (Ace Attorney Investigations 1&2 remake, exclusive look at farming simulator)
00:21 MP2 remaster shadowdrop / MP3 remaster releases next month
00:23 MP4 trailer and releases in October
00:28 3rd party game
00:30 Kirby Robobot remaster
00:32 new Mario Party or Mario sports game
00:34 NSO updates
00:36 quick overview of some 3rd party games
00:38 Ends with a new DK game

I don't think Pokemon Z-A will be in this Direct

Updated predictions:
00:16 3rd party games (Ace Attorney Investigations 1&2 remake, exclusive look at farming simulator)

Maybe not Z-A but a Pokemon game can happen. Pokemon Presents in August also

Huh. Interesting.

Still not a 1st-Party game though, so his sources for that might have been Ninja'd.
This is so sad, we live in a universe where Midori is gone and the Bird might have lost their sources ....
I see that we can no longer doompost about the Direct not being this week and have instead moved onto doomposting about leakers not leaking enough stuff.

Updated predictions:

And then I wake up

The leak era of Nintendo is gone. And it all happened within a month.
And I know just the assassin Nintendo might've hired to stop the leaks....

Sq9sgWT6_400x400.jpg

ngl, Midori imploding and Pyoro possibly losing his 1st party sources right as we head into the "it's probably the last Switch 1-only direct, do they finally show Prime 4/port WW&TP/make another fucking Donkey Kong" direct is some excellent work on the part of the scriptwriters

The bird's still kickin.

They talked about Reynatis enough. They even live demoed the game. It's so close to release FuRyu would rather announce another game.

Honestly I DO want another Direct full of JRPG's and farming simulators. If Nintendo doesn't have any new IP's to share, I'll look for 3rd parties.

ngl, Midori imploding and Pyoro possibly losing his 1st party sources right as we head into the "it's probably the last Switch 1-only direct, do they finally show Prime 4/port WW&TP/make another fucking Donkey Kong" direct is some excellent work on the part of the scriptwriters

200w.gif

I see that we can no longer doompost about the Direct not being this week and have instead moved onto doomposting about leakers not leaking enough stuff.
You can't write a single thought on this site without someone trying to make a snarky comment even when you have a consistent track record of not doomposting even just days ago

I'm mostly joking when I say "this is so sad" but for real it would definitely be sad if the more accurate leakers started losing their sources and it's looking ever slightly more likely even if Pyoro is just sitting this one out. Let people breathe a thought.

It does seem Pyoro doesn’t have the Nintendo connects he once did

Also, people way way way overestimate how much time is needed for marketing these days. And especially for MP4, it (sadly) isn’t a big seller, and after the dev reboot they wouldn’t show or announce it until close to release anyways. Not saying it will be there, but imo it can show up in this or a hypothetical Sept direct and still release this year

You can't write a single thought on this site without someone trying to make a snarky comment even when you have a consistent track record of not doomposting even just days ago

I'm mostly joking when I say "this is so sad" but for real it would definitely be sad if the more accurate leakers started losing their sources and it's looking ever slightly more likely even if Pyoro is just sitting this one out. Let people breathe a thought.
I just think it's silly to immediately jump to "They must have lost their first party sources" when someone joked about JRPGs and Farming Sims, followed by them answering about one of those genres. A leaker will eventually get caught, that's just how things are when leaking private information. But I don't think Pyoro's out of it quite yet and I don't think Midori was ever firmly in.

I don't see why Pyoro has to leak every little detail or else he's "lost his source". Bros got heat on him, let the man lay low. Plus, not every leaker ever has all the info in the world. There was all sorts of stuff Pyoro wasn't leaking that were in the Directs.

I just think it's silly to immediately jump to "They must have lost their first party sources" when someone joked about JRPGs and Farming Sims
I did not even read the joke you're referring to, what?

I literally linked a comment that shows I didn't immediately jump to anything and haven't immediately jumped to anything yet either ....

I think it's more likely Pyoro didn't lose their source, it was just a comment mostly joking, I don't need a bad read of it

Sometimes it's best to not homogenize users

wait what happened to Midori
They turned out to be an old face of the Persona fandom who got booed off the internet for being a goober. They faked being a Japanese woman, they were actually some dude from California, and all their information was taken from other insiders - specifically their Sega information was from internal docs they weren't supposed to share outside a Discord server. Tl;dr, their identity was fake and they were sharing information they were told in confidence and not to share.

We still don’t know how Pyoro gets their information. If it’s eShop backend, it’s possible there’s just no first-party stuff going up tomorrow. Remember that they didn’t leak Princess Peach! Showtime or Luigi’s Mansion 2.

Google translate:
Hello, this is Miyamoto. We will be broadcasting a Nintendo Direct tonight, but before that I would like to make an announcement.
The release date for the new Super Mario animated movie in Japan has been set for April 24, 2026. We are working with the Illumination team to make it a fun movie, so please continue to look forward to it.

I don't see why Pyoro has to leak every little detail or else he's "lost his source". Bros got heat on him, let the man lay low. Plus, not every leaker ever has all the info in the world. There was all sorts of stuff Pyoro wasn't leaking that were in the Directs.
He’s a clout chaser. He leaked the big games. He’s not laying low. Please.

Google translate:
Hello, this is Miyamoto. We will be broadcasting a Nintendo Direct tonight, but before that I would like to make an announcement.
The release date for the new Super Mario animated movie in Japan has been set for April 24, 2026. We are working with the Illumination team to make it a fun movie, so please continue to look forward to it.

They better be getting Danny DeVito on the phone to voice Wario.

They turned out to be an old face of the Persona fandom who got booed off the internet for being a goober. They faked being a Japanese woman, they were actually some dude from California, and all their information was taken from other insiders - specifically their Sega information was from internal docs they weren't supposed to share outside a Discord server. Tl;dr, their identity was fake and they were sharing information they were told in confidence and not to share.
Huh. I figured it was a persona, I didn't know they were a known quantity

wait what happened to Midori
short answer: they were found to be an old, unreliable leaker who had already been kicked out of some circles and "Midori" was them cosplaying as a Japanese woman to rebrand. As all this came out it was found that they had access to an internal Sega plan that they had been dripfeeding info from for a while, which gained them clout, and then when they had leaked everything they had from that Sega plan they began spouting BS about other companies, hence the sudden pivot to "leaking" tons of random codenames from Nintendo and Square.

Google translate:

If Yoshi doesn't say "Brrring ha!" in the movie I'm not seeing. (nah i will be seeing)

Google translate:

Lmao wtf so random

Google translate:

Not sure if this makes it more or less likely to have movie news in the Direct lol

Google translate:

Well this certainly isn’t something I would have expected in a Direct (also not expecting Zelda movie info either); 2026 still feels super far out but give them time to cook.

Not sure if this makes it more or less likely to have movie news in the Direct lol
I'd say less likely, because the first thing we saw of the Mario movie in a direct was the release date and trailers would be much closer to launch so this just seems like that news isn't there at all. Even a teaser would probably have a date.

I find it odd they would say this before a Direct, unless maybe they’re planning another movie-related announcement there? Perhaps a new batch of characters to cast? Probably not, but who knows lol
yeah this is something they would announce before a shareholder's meeting tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom