• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
that Baten Kaitos port unironically tops anything that will be in the Direct for me unless we see that Fire Emblem remake

no dub was a dealbreaker for me and it should be super easy to mod that back in now

Predictions based on leaked information:

Opener - 2D Zelda feat. Zelda (September)
Headlines - DQ3 HD (November), Ace Attorney Investigations 1+2 (August) and Investigations 3 (2025), Kirby: Planet Robobot HD (July or October), Super Mario Party 2 (October), Metroid Prime 2+3 (Later Today)
Closer - Metroid Prime 4 (November)

Yup. Truly no idea what to expect. I trust Nate WAY more overall, but Papa's Metroid Prime Remastered info was rock solid.
Gonna have to go with Nate
Correct Metroid Leaker or Correct Nintendo Leaker, call it.

cover9.jpg

How are they making a circus though? They’ve been successful as much as possible this gen. It’s the end of the gen so things will get a little weird.
By repeating the same dumb marketing schedule from 2016 because they're scared of hardware transitions.

The Switch ultimately being a success doesn't mean their 2016 announcement schedule was anything but rubbish. Same is is applying this year and the Switch 2 imhbco (in my honest but correct opinion). Not revealing any information for a brand new console until less than 5 months before release (less than 2 for actual details) is a dumb move.

Correct Metroid Leaker or Correct Nintendo Leaker, call it.

cover9.jpg
I mean, PapaGenos has had more good info than just Prime Remaster being shadow dropped. He knew about Super Mario RPG, he knew the rumored DK game, that ended up Mario vs Donkey Kong, was "not what we think and not that big of a deal", he was right about the Baten Kaitos Remasters... I don't think we should write him off entirely or think of him as only the "Metroid guy", since he clearly has contacts and has gotten several things right.

I mean, PapaGenos has had more good info than just Prime Remaster being shadow dropped. He knew about Super Mario RPG, he knew the rumored DK game, that ended up Mario vs Donkey Kong, was "not what we think and not that big of a deal", he was right about the Baten Kaitos Remasters... I don't think we should write him off entirely or think of him as only the "Metroid guy", since he clearly has contacts and has gotten several things right.
True, I was just being reductive in an attempt to be funny. At least it kinda worked.

Still, PapaGenos is also still in question for that Zelda game he mentioned, so i'm more looking forward to that than the Metroid Prime 4 information that's still in limbo after 7 years and checks notes 12 days ago.

Reminder: To my understanding, Nate only said he predicts Prime 4 is 2025, he has never definitively stated it will be or said his sources told him that to be the case. PapaGenos saying he has heard Fall 2024 isn't going against what Nate has said/heard, just what he predicts.

Pyoro doesn't seem to be leaking that much this time around. Maybe his access was cut off from the whole Youtube backend situation?
Someone tried to report his Discord (and a server he was in) to Nintendo, he's either laying low or got cut off

We're less than 16 hours away from the Direct. Let's just go in blind at this point, it's already SO close

Yeah PapaGenos is a better leaker than Nate at this point.

Pyoro doesn't seem to be leaking that much this time around. Maybe his access was cut off from the whole Youtube backend situation?
Yeah, his source probably got caught, something definitely happened, that's for sure. Unpopular opinion here, I'm sure, but I really liked Pyoro and wished he continued to leak, I don't always have time to watch Directs. Oh well...

Yeah, his source probably got caught, something definitely happened, that's for sure. Unpopular opinion here, I'm sure, but I really liked Pyoro and wished he continued to leak, I don't always have time to watch Directs. Oh well...
Yeah, I kinda liked him too. Hope he's doing well IRL.

I don’t care if Prime 4 is 2024 or 2025. Just show it to me and I’ll walk away happy.

All we’ve had to talk about for the past 7 years is that we have nothing to talk about.

A 2-3 minute trailer would do wonders for discussion about the game.

aside from Prime remastered all of those were leaked by other people first, several of which were pyoro

it's me Steve i have been humbled, humiliated and tortured, all i wish is for Prime 4 2024 launch.
I'll even sacrifice certain members here and ruin the chances of F-Zero coming back.

I'll even sacrifice Nate, Papa Genos, Brazil and Even Pyoro, it's sadly a sacrifice i'm willing to make, hope it's alr for y'all.

spiderman-sir.gif

By repeating the same dumb marketing schedule from 2016 because they're scared of hardware transitions.

The Switch ultimately being a success doesn't mean their 2016 announcement schedule was anything but rubbish. Same is is applying this year and the Switch 2 imhbco (in my honest but correct opinion). Not revealing any information for a brand new console until less than 5 months before release (less than 2 for actual details) is a dumb move.
I’m sorry but what is with this arrogant “my opinion is fact and I’m the smartest person in the room” attitude? Especially when you are just randomly guessing a marketing choice? Like, do people genuinely like it when people do this? What purpose does it serve then to immediately antogonize people?

Also, in a year where most companies are destroying team after team even if they make a successful game, I wouldn’t really call Nintendo the company that is scared.

Their repeated months-long denials for no reason give me "doth protest too much" vibes, personally.

I can understand why people don’t enjoy leakers but I like how Pyoro handled it by sending cryptic images/gifs. Even despite him technically leaking the announcements, it still kept a bit of the surprise element. You technically knew what you were getting, but you still didn’t know how you were getting it. If he did lose his source or if he’s simply laying low, that is a bit of a shame.

Yeah PapaGenos is a better leaker than Nate at this point.
now is this an opinion or an opinion that is true?
I'm convinced everyone is saying his source got caught because y'all are tryna get him to leak something haha. Reverse psychology!

Choose your fighter:

A) MP4 releases this Fall as a Switch 1 game, with a next-gen upgrade at launch and a meaty gameplay trailer in this Direct, but MP2 and MP3 are absent.
B) MP2 + 3 HD release this Summer/Fall as Switch 1 games, but MP4 is a no-show and we have to wait until whenever Nintendo unveils the new console to see it.

I haven't played any of these games, but adored Prime Remastered and every 2D Metroid (well I guess I only liked Samus Returns). I'd probably go A, since we could still get MP2 and 3 HD in a September Direct or later showcase. I just want to see the latest in the franchise.

Last edited:
Choose your fighter:

A) MP4 releases this Fall as a Switch 1 game, with a next-gen upgrade at launch and a gameplay trailer in this Direct, but MP2 and MP3 are absent.
B) MP2 + 3 HD release this Summer/Fall as Switch 1 games, MP4 is a no-show and we have to wait until whenever Nintendo unveils the new console to see it.

200w.gif

Who’s hosting the direct- Takahashi or Koizumi?
I think it'll be both, like last year.

Choose your fighter:

A) MP4 releases this Fall as a Switch 1 game, with a next-gen upgrade at launch and a meaty gameplay trailer in this Direct, but MP2 and MP3 are absent.
B) MP2 + 3 HD release this Summer/Fall as Switch 1 games, but MP4 is a no-show and we have to wait until whenever Nintendo unveils the new console to see it.
A, no question.

If he's actually still the main antagonist of Prime 4 post the development restart, and Retro actually manages to make him and his design interesting, then major props to them because as of now I have no clue what Tanabe is trying to cook here with this
Honestly, the fact that Sylux is such a relatively blank slate is the best thing about him, at the moment. All we know is that he hates the Federation (and Samus, too, or at least by association with the former), oh, and he bagged himself a Metroid at some point post Federation Force. Good for him!

But at a time where Dark Samus is gone, another Ridley resurrection might be a bit crowded to fit in (if we're still pre Metroid 2), and in lieu of Samus having any other compelling rivals/supporting cast to speak of? You might as well take the time to build up someone like Sylux. He could be another "Vergil" diamond in the rough, for all we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom