• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If true, then my speculation is that Nintendo is so unbelievably nervous about the generational transition that they're just repeating the Switch launch beat-by-beat because, hey, it worked last time
They don't seem nervous. If they were nervous, I wouldn't expect such a confident cadence of games. Pulling Wonder out of the hat, and finding out the game had no set schedule, was not the act of a nervous Nintendo, but a confident one.

They don't seem nervous. If they were nervous, I wouldn't expect such a confident cadence of games. Pulling Wonder out of the hat, and finding out the game had no set schedule, was not the act of a nervous Nintendo, but a confident one.
Also two remakes of beloved RPGs.

Hopefully this direct goes hard.

If true, then my speculation is that Nintendo is so unbelievably nervous about the generational transition that they're just repeating the Switch launch beat-by-beat because, hey, it worked last time
Agreed 100%. Their inept and protracted marketing scheduling around the Switch 2 is crystal clear evidence they're scared af. Like mathematical proof levels of evidence, Q.E.D.

They are dragging this out as long as possible and following the Switch 1's marketing to a tee. Expect a concept reveal in the Fall and then zero concrete details until a January blowout.

Something im hoping to see that I havent seen anyone else mention (at least recently) is a new Pushmo/Pullblox.

I know there was some talk of it before, with a trademark renewal and whatnot.

I haven't had the chance to sit down and watch Nate's prediction video yet, so someone correct me if I'm off base here. But it sounds like Nate knows something F-Zero may be happening but is unsure on the specifics? If that's the case, I'm going to guess that F-Zero 99 will get paid DLC + physical release like Tetris 99 did. I find that more likely than a GX remaster at least.

All the "Nintendo is scared/nervous" sounds like projection.
I think Nintendo is confident yet cautious. They likely have a winning product, that isn't even a question honestly, but rushing the thing is the exact "pride before the fall" mistake that Nintendo has made on 3 occasions. The launch of the N64, 3ds and Wii U. All successors to big systems for them, all of which suffered from being rushed or heavily flawed as a result of previous successes. Taking their time is sensible, getting everything ready to ensure no screw isn't tightened.

If I had to describe what Nintendo is doing in a brief gif, it's as simple as:
9f1aad96-59d1-4b39-8e2b-0e8eb219b2e5_text.gif

The only reason i could see Nintendo sit on Fire Emblem 4 remake is if they feel 2 Fire Emblem games (more if including spinoffs) for Switch 1 is enough and that they want to release it for Switch 2 instead. And maybe the next mainline Fire Emblem game is some years away as well and they want a Fire Emblem game early on the Switch 2?

What exactly do Nintendo have to be nervous or scared about lol?
Screwing up a hardware transition from a successful system for the 4th time.

They repeatedly mentioned not wanting to screw up the Switch 1 transition in their investor meetings throughout 2016/2017. It's clearly a focal point that Nintendo is weary of.

Screwing up a hardware transition from a successful system for the 4th time.

They repeatedly mentioned not wanting to screw up the Switch 1 transition in their investor meetings throughout 2016/2017. It's clearly a focal point that Nintendo is weary of.
I don't see how they can possibly screw this up unless it's like $800 and no launch lineup....

I think Nintendo knows what it has to do and will do it.

The only reason i could see Nintendo sit on Fire Emblem 4 remake is if they feel 2 Fire Emblem games (more if including spinoffs) for Switch 1 is enough and that they want to release it for Switch 2 instead. And maybe the next mainline Fire Emblem game is some years away as well and they want a Fire Emblem game early on the Switch 2?
Super Famicom, GBA, and 3DS each also had three Fire Emblem games, and not only did the 3DS game have a remake, the Super Famicom had a kinda-sorta remake as well. So it wouldn't feel too out of place for the Switch to get a third one as well.

Sony going into PS2 and PS3. The latter overly so…
That wasn't confidence, that was sheer stupidity and somehow, depsite that, Xbox fumbled the bag, with the red ring of death.

Like, the PS3 was way too powerful and hard to developed for and had countless of pointless features.

According to Nate he hasn't heard any update on Fire Emblem 4 in the last year, so he's under the assumption right now that it's not showing up here, but it's Nintendo so anything can happen.
I trust Nate, but I also have to wonder if there hasn’t been an update because there hasn’t needed to be one. In the last September speculation he said it was just up to Nintendo to decide where to slot it into their lineup, so it’s not as if there’s more to update about beyond just a blatant confirmation it’s in the direct, and I don’t know if he gets those kinds of updates very often or not.

For what it’s worth, he also said he’s just been “flipping a coin whether or not it’s in there”, which suggests to me it’s still possible. Given that they’re kind of running out of time to put this on the Switch (unless they weirdly decide to make it a Switch 2 launch title), I feel those odds would be higher this time, and a near lock if they do a September direct.

I think Nintendo is confident yet cautious. They likely have a winning product, that isn't even a question honestly, but rushing the thing is the exact "pride before the fall" mistake that Nintendo has made on 3 occasions. The launch of the N64, 3ds and Wii U. All successors to big systems for them, all of which suffered from being rushed or heavily flawed as a result of previous successes. Taking their time is sensible, getting everything ready to ensure no screw isn't tightened.

If I had to describe what Nintendo is doing in a brief gif, it's as simple as:
9f1aad96-59d1-4b39-8e2b-0e8eb219b2e5_text.gif
Took the words outta my mouth, this is exactly how I see it. Nintendo understands their previous missteps thanks to the Wii U and they’re taking their time to ensure it doesn’t happen again, especially when they have an even bigger goldmine than what they had with the Wii.

I'm just glad that Nintendo have reached the point where they can nowadays at least release some new games during the last year of a console before moving on to the next console. Previously those last years of Nintendo consoles used to be incredibly barren because third parties had abandoned the console and Nintendo were busy making games for the new console.

Not taking the bait tonight. Time for slumber, and rest, and stretching the tired muscles ready to form the immortal complaint for post-Direct posting:

There are simply too many RPGs that I MUST buy and play, waaaah, boohoo

I'm just glad that Nintendo have reached the point where they can nowadays at least release some new games during the last year of a console before moving on to the next console. Previously those last years of Nintendo consoles used to be incredibly barren because third parties had abandoned the console and Nintendo were busy making games for the new console.
Yeah, I remember the final few days of the GameCube and Wii were pretty barren.

Since we're talking about the PS3 and Wii U

The PS3 was technically more a failure than the Wii U, since the hardware was damn expensive

here's Nintendo graph over the years, it's important to note that the 3DS was the only thing keeping Nintendo afloat, since Nintendo main source of revenue is Videogames, compared to Sony various ventures, with Music, Movies, Tvs and much more.

Reply if i got something wrong

While Papageno has a few decent sources I highly doubt we are going to get prime 4 and a brand new 2D Zelda not only in the same direct but releasing the same holiday
Eh to me it sounds perfectly plausible. More than Zelda HD releases even. While MP4 is a huge game for this boards, it has a limit for what in can achieve sales wise. A new 2D zelda could be a nice fall season release next to that. Since they have released more than enough Mario games this year, the other guns of Nintendo needs to do much of carrying this year.

I think that Nintendo just forgot about making videogames. when furukawa announced the june direct a couple of month ago they didn't have anything developed because they were taking a long vacation so they had to scrap and make all the games in the past 2 month. That's why nobody leaked anything about the next direct. It makes sense if you don't think about it.

This is a major reach, but if they're truly teasing something and not just trolling this could be a Metroid Prime 4 tease as Sylux has been built up to be a major character in Metroid Prime 4 based on Prime 3 and Federation Force's ending. So them saying Samus should 1v1 them (Samus vs Sylux) could be a hint.

This is a major reach, but if they're truly teasing something and not just trolling this could be a Metroid Prime 4 tease as Sylux has been built up to be a major character in Metroid Prime 4 based on Prime 3 and Federation Force's ending. So them saying Samus should 1v1 them (Samus vs Sylux) could be a hint.

No Items, Fox Only, Final Destination?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom