• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m 100% confident a new 2D Zelda or DK game will end the direct because one of them is the big holiday game. Nintendo doesn’t do ports as the big holiday game. Too many other series have moved on to Switch 2. This is all that’s left. Mario Party will be there, but it’s not the premiere holiday game
Hoping for 2D Zelda.

probably not , since ZA its is a 2025 release , i belive we can see in august near pokemon worlds
A spinoff should be possible. I'm hoping for another Mystery Dungeon game. It's been long years since the last time we got a brand new one.

I’m 100% confident a new 2D Zelda or DK game will end the direct because one of them is the big holiday game. Nintendo doesn’t do ports as the big holiday game. Too many other series have moved on to Switch 2. This is all that’s left. Mario Party will be there, but it’s not the premiere holiday game
They don’t always have a holiday game though

i have some opinions , i belive they will wait for some of the famous new entries like MarioKart10 or a new zelda 3d or a mario sequel to be at the sucessor , since the switch already have big selles of this franchises since it released until today

Pyoro leaked the most boring partner direct ever. Even hyping Endless Ocean lol. Im sure he would leak this Direct even if it’s not having a major games. I don’t know whats going with him but even yesterday he doesn’t seem like he having any idea of the Direct date this time

Yeah, Super Mario RPG Remake itself wasn't the main Holiday Game, it was Wonder.

The holiday game will be Dragon Quest III HD-2D ;)

find this kinda hard to believe but this guy would be in the know (works for RPG Site) and it would bode well for this direct

If true, then my speculation is that Nintendo is so unbelievably nervous about the generational transition that they're just repeating the Switch launch beat-by-beat because, hey, it worked last time

My pRedictions:
  • Lego Zelda 2: Adventure of Link
  • Donkey Kong x Splatoon: wet paint primates
  • New Hardware surprise: Nintendo 64 DD Mini - $249
  • Club House Games All-Stars: 52 Classics
  • Llama Simulator
  • Nintendogs and Cats and Fish
  • Super Rhythm Heaven Deluxe & Knuckles
  • Labo: Game and Watch Edition (liquid crystals not included)
  • Ace Attorney: Raccoon City Chronicles
  • Metroid Drain (you play as a metroid and feed on creatures and pesky bounty hunters)
  • Hades 2 Cloud Edition
  • 65 farming simulators
  • Final Fantasy LXIV

Pyoro leaked the most boring partner direct ever. Even hyping Endless Ocean lol. Im sure he would leak this Direct even if it’s not having a major games. I don’t know whats going with him but even yesterday he doesn’t seem like he having any idea of the Direct date this time
Poyro might have been doxxed so maybe he's keeping a low prpfile

If true, then my speculation is that Nintendo is so unbelievably nervous about the generational transition that they're just repeating the Switch launch beat-by-beat because, hey, it worked last time

Zelda: Ocarina of Time remake in March and Super Mario 3D Open World game in October. 👍

Tbh, if the direct has a mixture of fe4 remake, dq3 hd-2d and a new game between metroid prime 4, dk or 2d zelda it would be a top tier direct for me.
Sadly I’m expecting a direct tomorrow that only shows dq3 of this list.
Btw tomodachi life sequel can still be the dark horse pick for the holiday title.

find this kinda hard to believe but this guy would be in the know (works for RPG Site) and it would bode well for this direct

RPGSite is typically a good resource for all kinds of stuff and gets onto the good side of a lot of industry figures with ties to Nintendo (especially with their honest and overall good reviews). I can say that this source is potentially credible, albeit with the caveat that we absolutely cannot verify the claim until it happens. However, at face value, this seems like Nintendo is just trying to replicate the success for the Switch beat-by-beat. Frankly, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. It sorta contradicts the "delay" news from Eurogamer's sources but maybe it was delayed from what Third-Parties were told to expect, idk.

I'm still thinking Prime 4, Fire Emblem, Mario Party, Windwaker HD, and Star Fox Assault are the lineup for the rest of the year. That's about as good of a holiday lineup as we can hope for.

He either lost his sources or he wanna keep low profile so Nintendo doesn't shut him off, either way I'm glad he stopped spoiling everything, it's not fun at all & hopefully people stop talking about Pyoro before Directs

He either lost his sources or he wanna keep low profile so Nintendo doesn't shut him off, either way I'm glad he stopped spoiling everything, it's not fun at all & hopefully people stop talking about Pyoro before Directs
I think he got sealed(aka lost sources). As his only leaks so far are piggybacking and late. Honestly no major leaks for this direct would be a nice change

RPGSite is typically a good resource for all kinds of stuff and gets onto the good side of a lot of industry figures with ties to Nintendo (especially with their honest and overall good reviews). I can say that this source is potentially credible, albeit with the caveat that we absolutely cannot verify the claim until it happens. However, at face value, this seems like Nintendo is just trying to replicate the success for the Switch beat-by-beat. Frankly, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. It sorta contradicts the "delay" news from Eurogamer's sources but maybe it was delayed from what Third-Parties were told to expect, idk.
I feel like Holiday launch was always meant ,,If we're finish with the Switch 2 line up, why not''.

Like the Switch 2 is probably Nintendo most important console to date, since the Switch has pretty much reset Nintendo for the better, some can say their currently in the PS1 phase, in which a new upcoming console was extremely popular over nowhere and the Switch 2, might be the PS2 of this generation and Nintendo has an actual shot to become the main market leader.

Like March 2025, makes so much sense, since it's a great way to build up inventory for the holiday and also letting all the hardcore enthusiast happy and meanwhile the Casual can wait until the holiday 2025 and have a huge library of games and scalping sadly happens the most in the holiday seasons, a good example would sadly be the PS5.

Also there's a chance that most large third party's like capcom and Sega knew the 2025 release, meanwhile smaller studios, got the ,,We're expecting a holiday 2024, we'll let you know if we'll delay''.

I think last year was the first year in a long time that a new mainline pokemon game wasn’t released. Going two straight years would be unprecedented.
2020. And I really just want a year without Pokemon, having a new release every holiday is boring as hell.

Woolly World and Epic Yarn had trademark updates so those will be there. Fantasian's been on SteamDB for ages so now's the time to reveal it and other Apple Arcade lifeboats. Squid Research Lab comes on to talk some Splatoon events and updates. Then one real world thing like the Universal Studios extension, the new Nintendo World location, the Nintendo Museum in Kyoto, or one of the upcoming movies. Indie reel near the end and wrap up with DQ3 HD.

2020. And I really just want a year without Pokemon, having a new release every holiday is boring as hell.
Same. We had DLC last year so it doesn't really count as no Pokémon imo. They still need more time to make a good game without outrageous issues.

I think last year was the first year in a long time that a new mainline pokemon game wasn’t released. Going two straight years would be unprecedented.
They had a DLC year back in 2020 as well. Personally I wouldn't count DLC years as taking time off since they're spending developer resources that could've gone elsewhere. Count me on Team Nothing for this year - people point to LGPE and ORAS for out of season game announcements, but that was before TPC standardized presentations at the start of the year. I think we'll get outsourced XY remasters at most and the BW rumors were bullshit used to flush leakers.

I feel like Holiday launch was always meant ,,If we're finish with the Switch 2 line up, why not''.

Like the Switch 2 is probably Nintendo most important console to date, since the Switch has pretty much reset Nintendo for the better, some can say their currently in the PS1 phase, in which a new upcoming console was extremely popular over nowhere and the Switch 2, might be the PS2 of this generation and Nintendo has an actual shot to become the main market leader.

Like March 2025, makes so much sense, since it's a great way to build up inventory for the holiday and also letting all the hardcore enthusiast happy and meanwhile the Casual can wait until the holiday 2025 and have a huge library of games and scalping sadly happens the most in the holiday seasons, a good example would sadly be the PS5.

Also there's a chance that most large third party's like capcom and Sega knew the 2025 release, meanwhile smaller studios, got the ,,We're expecting a holiday 2024, we'll let you know if we'll delay''.
They already are "the main market leader".

I rewatched the last june direct and wow that was a pretty good direct. Not expecting anything of that quality for this year tbh.

Good lord we don't need yet another Pokemon game this year. Let the series take a break.
Pokemon Puzzle League 2!
peggle-peggle2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom