• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
the reason pyoro isnt really leaking anything big is cuz he doesnt wanna break the news to people that

opener: among us
mid section: fall guys
closer: fe4r
Interestingly enough (for some reason), I think they revealed the content they were teasing for Fall Guys today

What if the next DK game is heavily based on the Mario Movie and DK even speaks! (Voiced by Seth Rogen still). Would y'all DK fans still want it?
If it means playable Chunky Kong, then sure.

1024px-Kongs_reacting_to_Cat_Mario_TSMBM.png

Opener: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 3
Middle: New 3D Mario
Sizzle Reel: Mario Kart 9, Splatoon 4, Metroid Prime 4, Fire Emblem 4, Animal Crossing
Closure: New! Super Smash Bros.
One More Thing: 1-2 Switch Definitive Edition

That can be pointed to the fact that there was an FE5 character from a location that shared a name with that FE4 character, but only in the localized versions. That FE5 character would show up in Heroes not long after.
Shoot, yeah. There’s a part of me that still finds it odd they did it then considering said (heh) character’s appearance references ‘Munster’ and doesn’t specifically reference Ulster, meaning they were concerned about localization conflicts for a place in a game that still hadn’t been localized, but it’s a small enough thing that they very well might’ve just done on the side as a whim.

Kind of makes sense that they changed his name when you realise FE4/FE5 has a literal kingdom called "Ulster"

That, and Scáthach is his actual name, that's what his Japanese name translates to at least. The name Ulster came from Awakening and I'm not entirely sure why.
Were it not for the above context I’d say that’s even more suspicious, since they’d be fixing a localization conflict about a place that isn’t referenced anywhere save for the one non-localized game. In my head that’s a very obvious “Oops, this character has the same name as this place if we localize it this way, which will come back to bite us when we remake it”, but it also definitely just could be been a quick aside they did to better translate the name.

Honestly, my favorite thing with Directs is that there's bound to be something that no one expected, especially from Nintendo. This has been something that I've really liked about them, especially since 2021 as I feel like I can probably name one or two first party announcements from each Direct that genuinely caught me by surprise!

Good to “see” you (and everyone)! Things are (hopefully) finally calming down a bit for me professionally and personally. I’m going to try and visit a bit more frequently this summer and see if I can spend more time around ☺️
that's great to hear, i hope everything is going well

remember when DKC3 released on SNES at the tail end of its lifecycle and still became the 11th best selling game in the platform, even though its not as acclaimed as the previous two games?

giphy.gif

Saw this gif and I just thought it was damn funny lmao (hopefully it embeds I have no clue how to get gifs to work on this site)

Opener-FE4 Remake
Middle-DQ III
End-Prime 4 or 2D Zelda

That's about what I'm expecting, I'd love to get anything DK but I just don't expect it, I'd love to be wrong though

Thanks for the answer!

Bit disappointing after the mysterious rereveal, but I guess that's just Square being Square

That's incredibly disappointing for me. I honestly don't really think DQIII, even remade in HD-2D warrants taking this long. It made way more sense for their scope to have changed to remaking the entire first trilogy as they mentioned early on they would remake 1 and 2 if III's remake was well received.

Due to how long the remake for one game which wasn't overly long by franchise standards was taking, I assumed they decided to just throw in 1 & 2 instead of waiting as the size of all three combined would equal one modern DQ game in length.

It really would be a shame if it's just III. Ever since the leak that it had become the trilogy, I was very hyped. I really, really want it to be DQ I-III remade. It's been quite a wait for this and DQ XII. As a DQ fan, it is agonising and the spin-offs haven't been great (aside from recent Monsters, which was a fine appetiser if you're into the Monsters games.)

Here's my guesses for Opener, Middle, and End:
Opener: FE4 Remake
Middle-Mario Party or 2D Zelda
End- Prime 4, DK, or 2D Zelda if it isn't the Middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom