• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
the reason pyoro isnt really leaking anything big is cuz he doesnt wanna break the news to people that

opener: among us
mid section: fall guys
closer: fe4r

Imagine if someone asks Pyoro if there's Zelda at the Direct and he responds with "I don't know, I'm not an oracle"

If you only like Zelda, that'd be a horrendous direct ftfy
I mean, you’re right it would.

As someone who likes Prime (but not FE) I’d be excited to get more, but that’s a lot of Metroid.

(I understand the irony of me begging for 2 or more Zelda games for the last few directs, don’t worry)

Personally, I’d be more excited for Metroid 6 over Prime 2/3, but I strongly believe that Nintendo should be working to have their full back catalogue of games available across the Switch systems, so think they should be made available either through NSO, ports or remakes.

I expect at least a Donkey Kong Country Returns remaster. Not having anything DK related would be disastrous. Imagine little Hiroshi's parents take him to Donkey Kong Country at Super Nintendo World. He enjoys spending time in DK's world so much that he wants to take the experience home with him. His only options are:

1) A full-priced port of Tropical Freeze from six years ago, a game where you don't even get to visit Donkey Kong Island in a normal, unfrozen state.
2) The DKC games on NSO, which not only require a subscription, but feature a completely different aesthetic than the one the theme park expansion is based on.
The sad thing is that I can genuinely imagine Nintendo not giving us anything dk related at all

If PapaGenos said that Prime 4 is targeting this year I think that's a good sign considering he was the first one to leak the Prime Remastered shadow drop...

Hey... I like his optimism of thinking Prime 4 is actually seen as a big deal for Nintendo, also let's not call people R******, it's only speculation at the end of the day.

But, it would be baller, if Prime 4 would be a pack in title for the Switch 2, Similar to Metroid Prime Hunters.
i will believe Nintendo will show Metroid Prime 4 tommorow, if is rain blood, meaning this game alongside Hollow knight Silksong is a collective delirum.

Something I have discovered that Niji hayashi (one of the FEH artists) retweeted this:

Could Niji hayashi be the main artist behind the FE4 remake?
chara_img_00001001000177_01.png

aB7VPvD.png

They retweeted the last Direct as well, so as much as I'd love to think of this as smoke, I'm not seeing anything in particular.

Second prediction time, but only WILD CARDS
  • OPENING: Ever Oasis Remake
  • MID ANNOUNCEMENTS: CODENAME: STEAM remastered; Star Fox ZERO; Kid Icarus Uprising;
  • ENDING: F-ZERO GX
  • One more thing: Golden Sun Remake
Hey, Kid Icarus Uprising wouldn't be "mid" :)

Second prediction time, but only WILD CARDS
  • OPENING: Ever Oasis Remake
  • MID ANNOUNCEMENTS: CODENAME: STEAM remastered; Star Fox ZERO; Kid Icarus Uprising;
  • ENDING: F-ZERO GX
  • One more thing: Golden Sun Remake
How dare you call Kid Icarus mid 😠

(I know what you meant)

Edit: I'm too slow for this. I quit.

aB7VPvD.png

They retweeted the last Direct as well, so as much as I'd love to think of this as smoke, I'm not seeing anything in particular.
It's definitely not smoke, quite a few FEH artists tend to retweet direct announcements because they're excited to see what may be announced.

Man, I really hope the reason Pyoro hasn't tweeted anything is because he doesn't know and not because he's teasing us and will leak everything just a few hours before the show (or worse yet, he knows and thinks there's nothing worthwhile 😬)

Still, as much as I'm not optimistic about FE4 showing up tomorrow-- I'd be very confused if it didn't. If it's finished, what's stopping it from being revealed now if it's supposedly being sat on? This year is pretty barren.

Man, I really hope the reason Pyoro hasn't tweeted anything is because he doesn't know and not because he's teasing us and will leak everything just a few hours before the show (or worse yet, he knows and thinks there's nothing worthwhile 😬)
If it's any consolation, Sylux has started tweeting pretty frequently just now.

I’m actually guessing on MP2+3 showing up. They were being worked on before MP Remastered became a more ambitious project and no reason to stop there. Perfect lead up before a cross-gen MP4 in 2025. TP and WW I believe will at this point not be a rehash of the TP+WW HD Wii U release on the current Switch. They’ll launch on the successor as a TP + WW 4K showcase.
you're back!

Wasn't the FE remake confirmed already along with the toothpaste-chan leak?
I thought the rumor came from Emily Rogers and the whole codename thing for the games. Since there was a number skipped going from TH to Engage. Besides that everyone else had heard about it a long time ago with nothing in the last year.

I thought the rumor came from Emily Rogers and the whole codename thing for the games. Since there was a number skipped going from TH to Engage. Besides that everyone else had heard about it a long time ago with nothing in the last year.
IIRC, Emily Rogers described what the next mainline entry was like (Engage) and that was corroborated by a random stranger who went to /r/FireEmblem a day later and posted leaked screenshots of Engage accompanied with details-- most (all?) of what they said about Engage was correct. Among the things mentioned, they claimed that the rumours of an FE4 remake being in development were true.

Imagine if they did a full graphical remake of the first three Donkey Kong Country games and added new content to each one. Just a random idea I want to happen. Also I guess they could remaster Returns while they’re at it. Fuck it, just release all the Donkey Kongs please. Make the whole direct about Donkey Kong.

I mean this looks like the first time Sylux retweeted a direct announcement. It most likely means nothing but I’ll take that as 100% confirmation of MP4

IIRC, Emily Rogers described what the next mainline entry was like (Engage) and that was corroborated by a random stranger who went to /r/FireEmblem a day later who posted leaked screenshots and gave more details on the upcoming game-- most (all?) of what they said was correct, including the title. Among the things mentioned, they claimed that the rumours of an FE4 remake being in development were true.
Thanks for the correction, I remember that now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom