• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to wonder if there is going to be Zelda. Don’t forget that Nintendo didn’t show “The Sequel to the Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild” trailer to the press during E3 2019.

It was a surprise to everyone.

Ideally they would do that for Metroid Prime 4.

There's never been a Switch-era Direct where I haven't wanted at least three of the announced games, and I expect this one will be no different. It's a good hit rate compared to a lot of other showcases!

00:00 Opens with Fire Emblem 4
00:04 3rd party games
00:10 Kirby Robobot remaster
00:13 3rd party games
00:17 F-Zero GX remaster
00:21 3rd party games
00:25 MP2 remaster shadowdrop with MP3 remaster release date
00:28 MP4 teaser
00:31 3rd party games
00:34 Mario Party game
00:38 3rd party games
00:41 Ends with a new DK game
Four minutes on Mario Party is a big much

Something I have discovered that Niji hayashi (one of the FEH artists) retweeted this:

Could Niji hayashi be the main artist behind the FE4 remake?
chara_img_00001001000177_01.png

Ewww no 🤮 It had better be Rika Suzuki.

Besides, retweeting a Direct isn't automatically a hint, he could just be a fan who's excited for it.

Kind of impossible, I’m sorry.
Fe4 structure is completely different from any other fire emblem

Won't work. The things you mentioned were present in the original game (Gaiden) so it made sense to expand upon them in Shadows of Valentia whereas they won't fit in an FE4 remake.
Damn. Echoes is my fav FE, it'd be so cool to see that formula repeated. Did Gaiden not have a sequel?

Whatever this direct ends up being, even if it doesn’t have anything but small scale remasters. If Dragon Quest ist there I’ll be happy enough. 2D Zelda and or Prime would just be icing on the cake. Generally I feel ready to move on from the Switch, it brought me amazing experiences and lots of joy but I feel it‘s time.

Damn. Echoes is my fav FE, it'd be so cool to see that formula repeated. Did Gaiden not have a sequel?
No, the closest thing to a gaiden sequel is fire emblem 8 sacred stones, which features dual protagonist and monsters in a world map but no dungeons

Gaiden is very much a black sheep in the series, it's a lot like Super Mario Bros 2 and Zelda 2 being kind of weird and dissimilar to other entries in the series (Of course SMB2 was literally a different game).

I think it’s been almost 4 years at this point since the first time I’ve heard about FE4 Remake 🫠

I’m really looking forward to seeing the newer fans of the franchise figuring out the true heights it can reach (no quarrel with 3H or Awakening fans).
Four years is crazy. Surely it's done by now?
It’s my second favorite fire emblem game ever but it’s structure and mechanics are pretty archaic for the modern era while also being the central element of its gameplay and I feel changing and modernizing the game and the maps while keeping the spirit of the original will not be an easy feat unlike other remake.
Yeah, a great example of this would be how trading works in FE4. That, and casual mode would probably be weird to implement.
Nope! Gaiden was a side-story to FE1, it's sort of like the black sheep of the franchise. The dungeon exploration was unique to it. Would be awesome if they brought something like that back for a future game, though.

The closest thing to it is Tear Ring Saga for the PS1, which is literally a Fire Emblem game in all but name. The creator of Fire Emblem left Nintendo after the 5th entry and went on to develop that, bringing some key staff, including the artists, with him. In fact it’s SO similar, that Nintendo tried to sue him over it. It plays closest to Gaiden and Thracia 776. I’d suggest looking into that game

No, the closest thing to a gaiden sequel is fire emblem 8 sacred stones, which features dual protagonist and monsters in a world map but no dungeons
Sacred Stones doesn't really have dual protagonists like Gaiden though, you choose one at a route split and they become the main protagonist for the rest of the game, though the other obviously stays an important character. You have to replay the whole game (Or load a save prior to the split) to play the exclusive chapters of the other route.

Here's the thing about the F4 remake. Assuming it is in fact finished, If they're don't plan to show it tomorrow then...........when?

There is a grand total of zero 1st party game announced for the second half of the year, not even a DLC. Surely there isn't a problem of too many games drowning the release schedule. Then we get 2025, where the Switch 2 will come out, at this point a FE game that isn't meant to be cross-gen (I assume) won't be terribly relevant right?

Why not show it now?

I hope to see Fire Emblem 4 Remake. I want to discover this license with this opus because I know it's considered the best by Japanese fans.

Otherwise, I'd like to ask you a question, if you don't mind answering.... Do you think Dragon Quest III HD-2D will be released this year?
I don’t believe so. Haven’t heard anything about a release date.

Sacred Stones doesn't really have dual protagonists like Gaiden though, you choose one at a route split and they become the main protagonist for the rest of the game, though the other obviously stays an important character.
Yeah but it’s still the closest game to gaiden with 2 protagonist in 2 different journeys.
You have to play the game twice to experience both of them unlike gaiden

Everything that’s been rumored so far isn’t really my cup of tea unfortunately, might not end up being the Direct for me :/ still hoping for a couple things, but none of the teases really point to what I want.

I wouldn't mind a "things from 2003" Direct if that included Beyond Good & Evil and Skies of Arcadia coming to Switch.
Add those Rayman 3, Second Sight and Simpsons Hit & Run and we'll have a full 2003 party! Switch already has KOTOR and Jedi Academy to get things started.

What's more likely...

a) Metroid Prime 2 + 3
b) Zelda TPHD + WWHD
c) ...none of these

I’m actually guessing on MP2+3 showing up. They were being worked on before MP Remastered became a more ambitious project and no reason to stop there. Perfect lead up before a cross-gen MP4 in 2025. TP and WW I believe will at this point not be a rehash of the TP+WW HD Wii U release on the current Switch. They’ll launch on the successor as a TP + WW 4K showcase.

Here's the thing about the F4 remake. Assuming it is in fact finished, If they're don't plan to show it tomorrow then...........when?

There is a grand total of zero 1st party game announced for the second half of the year, not even a DLC. Surely there isn't a problem of too many games drowning the release schedule. Then we get 2025, where the Switch 2 will come out, at this point a FE game that isn't meant to be cross-gen (I assume) won't be terribly relevant right?

Why not show it now?
Yeah honestly, the lack of games for the second half of this year (and the small number of potential big games that could show up at this Direct) is what leads me to assume Nate's 2025 prediction is purely a prediction based on the lack of info he's recieved, and not any sort of actual insider info. Because if even a Fire Emblem remake can't make 2024... then what the hell is Nintendo even releasing this year? So yeah... I'm still on the FE4 remake Direct reveal + 2024 release hype train 😎

The Dragalia Lost website seems to have had a small update this month (changed Twitter to X).
This IP has not been abandoned yet, hopefully it will be ported to Switch.

00:00 Opens with Fire Emblem 4
00:04 3rd party games
00:10 Kirby Robobot remaster
00:13 3rd party games
00:17 F-Zero GX remaster
00:21 3rd party games
00:25 MP2 remaster shadowdrop with MP3 remaster release date
00:28 MP4 teaser
00:31 3rd party games
00:34 Mario Party game
00:38 3rd party games
00:41 Ends with a new DK game
Need a Triple Deluxe remaster so bad

I hope to see Fire Emblem 4 Remake. I want to discover this license with this opus because I know it's considered the best by Japanese fans.
Not just by Japanese fans ;)

Not to hype it up even more, but FE4 is the best FE game. Story is spectacular, and the gameplay is pretty fun. It does have some balance issues - movement is incredibly sluggish for anything that's not on horseback - but it's such a great game. I would kill to have the big story beats with voice acting and really nice cutscenes.

I really hope FE4 remake shows up, it is my most anticipated game and it would be really disappointing if it still doesn't get shown

I’m just wondering at what capacity we see Donkey Kong. With some game anniversaries and the park expansion, I feel like there’s gotta be something.

DQ HD-2D for the whole original trilogy, a Zelda remaster, and FE4 as the big reveal would be enough for me, I think.

And Oracle remakes instead of a Zelda remaster would make it top-tier.

I watched Nate and MVG's episode on the Direct and it was a really fun listening!! The thing that got me most excited is that Nate said Kena was in development for Switch so maybe they announce tomorrow. That game looks really stunning and would be Impossible Port material. I hope it pans out!!

Papa Genos video is a really fun listen and he talks about every rumor that's been around for this Direct and for Switch in general.

On stuff HE'S HEARD:
  • Metroid Prime 4 is targeting a fall 2024 release;
  • the 2D Zelda starring Zelda is a mix of rumors, stuff he's heard and researched and speculation. He did give the hint of a Zelda-led game before Midori talked about Edward, so I believe the part he heard is that there's a game starring Zelda coming, the speculation/rumor part is that it's a 2D mainline game.

You know what would be the coolest “rush it to fill up some space” game Nintendo could announce?

Dragalia Lost.

I would literally cry on stream.
Damn that would be just so amazing!!! 😭
After they've pretty much ported Tour for MK8 DX, I think they'd be willing to port Dragalia Lost for Switch. TPC already has been doing some cross platform stuff with Pokémon Unite and Café.

The people behind Dragalia Lost have released a console game like last year, right? I wonder if Nintendo would fund a Dragalia Lost sequel or a new IP by them for Switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom