• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want kozaki back man
Nah. Rika Suzuki for FE4 pls

df1e6a3894b1488e66e1ff186d3faa19a938e898.jpg

I get lost in the "official thread", is there any other leak apart

ace attorney?

apart from the hinted/leaked/rumored content previous to the official announcement, such as

Among Us update
Beyond Good & Evil 20th anniverary edition
Fantasian
Dragon Quest 3HD2D
House of the Dead 2 remaster
Nate's predicition video is out, dunno if anyone has finished watching it yet

I don't know if the original structure of FE4 allows for it, but I loved the dungeon exploration and two-protagonist setup of Echoes, so I'm hoping there's some of that in the remake.

I don't know if the original structure of FE4 allows for it, but I loved the dungeon exploration and two-protagonist setup of Echoes, so I'm hoping there's some of that in the remake.
Won't work. The things you mentioned were present in the original game (Gaiden) so it made sense to expand upon them in Shadows of Valentia whereas they won't fit in an FE4 remake.

I just think it's lame they're for characters that already have amiibo. My display is gonna look weird now. 😕
I mean it’s far from the first time we’ve gotten new amiibo of characters that already had amiibo before, lol.

Here's the leak for what it's worth. This account hasn't posted before

Also, it seems this “leak” is probably fake—I suspected as much with how part of the packaging is weirdly blurred, plus since we already know we’re getting Pearl and Marina Side Order amiibo (technically I think only Marina has been confirmed by datamining, but the second one is surely gonna be Pearl if Marina is getting one) it’s an easy “leak” to fake.

How different is it? Am curious
Well for one, the game is entirely outdoors. There isn't a single indoors map in the entire game, so that alone would be a major issue as far as dungeons are concerned. There also wouldn't be any sort of dual protagonist set-up, the plot of the game really couldn't support that.

I’m pray Pyoro leaks something big because all these rumors and predictions are small
I'm kinda wondering if his Nintendo source got plugged, or if the first party games weren't uploaded to whatever he gets his leaks from. It's strange how quiet they are other than retweets.

Chapters are enormous and span multiple objectives-- a chapter can easily take several hours to complete.

You can save at any point, though.
I could see them changing the tone of each map theme depending on how far you are in each map. Would prevent the same map theme from going stale each chapter (as great as most of them are)

With so little time left til the Direct, I don't think we'll get any more pyoro hints. Would love to be wrong

Maps are enormous and span multiple objectives-- a chapter can easily take several hours to complete.

You can save at any point, though.
Oh, wow. That sounds interesting, and very different from what I’m used to from FE (started with FE GBA, then Sacred, Path, Awakening, Fates and 3H)

Did Nate really mention Kena in his video? If that one comes over, I'll be all over it. Colorful adventure games are absolutely my thing.
I doubt that one is coming, it hasn't been downported to either XBO/PS4 yet and seems pretty demanding. I'm more surprised about Watch Dogs getting ported personally. I thought that franchise was dead.

I doubt that one is coming, it hasn't been downported to either XBO/PS4 yet and seems pretty demanding. I'm more surprised about Watch Dogs getting ported personally. I thought that franchise was dead.
That's why I was so surprised to see it listed in the summary posted in the other thread. I could see it running on the Switch 2, though, if rumors of its specs are true.

Is it possible that Nintendo didn’t upload their Direct to YouTube in advance this time and is instead just live streaming it in realtime to avoid Google employees and others from leaking info from the YouTube backend?

Nate's pessimism regarding Genealogy in the prediction video isn't exactly inspiring confidence for this Direct for me.
That's wrong, it did release on PS4 and the Xbox announcement was for both Series X and Xbox One.

Put the Nate and MVG podcast on 2x speed, not going to go over everything (give them some views) but some of the more pertinent points I thought that'd be of interest:

• According to Nate he hasn't heard any update on Fire Emblem 4 in the last year, so he's under the assumption right now that it's not showing up here, but it's Nintendo so anything can happen.
  • Fantasian will be published by Square Enix, and Dragon Quest is expected to be here too, but they're not expecting IX Remake or Tactics.
  • Expecting some kind of F-Zero related announcement, maybe a GX port.
  • They seem to think that Bandai Namco's 3DS remaster could be Kirby Planet Robobot.
  • If there's any Mario presence on here it's probably Mario Party.
  • Nate is very half and half on if Prime 4 is going to be shown here since he thinks Nintendo might turn it into a cross-gen title, and if so they might hold back on showing it. They both seem to agree that it's probably a 2025 game and that if it's shown here it would have to be a substantial showing.
  • They believe Nintendo needs some kind of significant game going into 2024's holiday but they're not sure what that's going to be.
  • They are putting away the clown makeup and predicting against Silksong showing up.

Nate's pessimism regarding Genealogy in the prediction video isn't exactly inspiring confidence for this Direct for me.

That's wrong, it did release on PS4 and the Xbox announcement was for both Series X and Xbox One.
Wait, it did? I could have sworn it was next gen exclusive!

Quoted by: Tab
is it over for me?
Copium: What he actually said was he's completely in the dark and doesn't know if it'll show up here or later. Clearly, this means it could still show up! (I will be wearing clown makeup shortly.)

I could see them changing the tone of each map theme depending on how far you are in each map. Would prevent the same map theme from going stale each chapter (as great as most of them are)
I would be fine with this except for Chapter 5-- that map theme is fire. Chapter 6 gets annoying to hear quickly.

Oh, wow. That sounds interesting, and very different from what I’m used to from FE (started with FE GBA, then Sacred, Path, Awakening, Fates and 3H)
FE3H has some similar mechanics to FE4: the Crests/Hero Relics from FE3H were inspired by the Holy Blood/Crusader Weapons from FE4.

The original is more of a vibe game, it’s one of the easiest fire emblem and it has a bigger focus on building and customizing your units (like awakening or treehouses) instead of tightly designed maps.
I don’t how much the remake will change that but I guess we’ll see (or not if the game doesn’t get announced tomorrow).

Unless Pyoro picks up in the next 20 hours or so then it looks like this could be the first genuinely surprising Direct for a while, at least on the first party front.

Edit - to be clear, stuff like Endless Ocean, Another Code and FZERO 99 are really out there as far as Nintendo stuff goes, but they were all leaked. Right now there's not a single new first party title we can say with confidence will be revealed.

Unless Pyoro picks up in the next 20 hours or so then it looks like this could be the first genuinely surprising Direct for a while, at least on the first party front.

Edit - to be clear, stuff like Endless Ocean, Another Code and FZERO 99 are really out there as far as Nintendo stuff goes, but they were all leaked. Right now there's not a single new first party title we can say with confidence will be revealed.
My worry is that that means it's just going to be a very dry Direct.

Pyoro has retweeted some Ace Attorney game and another old thing. He hasn’t hinted at anything big. That kind of tells you how this direct will go because if there was anything big Mr. Clout bird would’ve spilled it too. Not a single first party game he’s hinted or retweeted. Oh well expectation adjusted to low.

Switch 2 will be announced in a few months so there’s that.

clearly the total lack of first party leaks combined with Nintendo's repeated insistence that there will be no mention of the Switch 2 means that Nintendo is actually going to announce that they are going out of business as the "one last thing"

The beauty of this direct is:
If your dream game gets announced then great you’ll play it this year.
If it doesn’t get announced then great it’s going to release on the next switch and it will look even better.
It’s a win win situation (unless your dream game is silksong)

My worry is that that means it's just going to be a very dry Direct.
I think that possibility has existed for a while, unfortunately, because this is the test for how Nintendo can handle software support during a transition. We've already begun to see the lower scope titles dominate the release slate.

I'd still expect Nintendo to have 3 to 5 physical/digital releases to confirm tomorrow. And I'm really curious as to how they plan to get close to those high sales forecasts. Last year they caught plenty of people off guard with Mario Wonder and Mario RPG, so who knows. And on that front, expectations would've been lower in 2023 without Pyoro leaking and without a contingent of people on this forum being confident 2D Mario was the go to holiday title. There's no obvious consensus this year even if there are feasible options.

I’m pray Pyoro leaks something big because all these rumors and predictions are small

well...
I'm not expecting anything meaningful from third party, apart DQ3HD2D
and from a first party perspective...
I don't know what to say: with Switch2 being a Q2-onward release and their FY hardware forecast...I'd bet they COULD surprise us, but with Nintendo everything is on the table lol

The beauty of this direct is:
If your dream game gets announced then great you’ll play it this year.
If it doesn’t get announced then great it’s going to release on the next switch and it will look even better.
It’s a win win situation (unless your dream game is silksong)
I was happily nodding to this post, until I got to the parentheses part and my heart broke.

Dungeon exploration is a big fat no but there are two protagonists. Maybe there’ll be base exploration like Engage/Three Houses at most. Unless you mean swapping between them at will, in which case that’s also a definite no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom