• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nate ā€œitā€™s just a pollā€ Drake.

I knew you were being sly šŸ˜ Looking forward to the predictions video!
I am curious now if the hint was the ā€œitā€™s this weekā€ and he didnā€™t realize the other options spelled LFG

9k47.jpg

I'm very curious if Fire Emblem 4 will show, considering that rumor has been around for a while now.
Iā€™m not sure if itā€™ll show, but after learning Engage AND TTYD were done for roughly a year before release, I fully believe it existed.

Now that the end is nigh, I just wanted to thank everyone for their participation in this thread, no matter how big or small, for the last 100 days. Yes, when the direct airs tomorrow, this thread will have been open for exactly 100 days. Some say we opened it too early, but now it's obvious we opened it right on time!

We'll meet again the next time we... reset the clock.
Fami-Twi-Test3.webp

It's been an honor being part of this thread. This thread has been my first time really being active on Famiboards and, I quite like it here! Here's to more brainworms-filled speculation and hype!

Holy shit... Y'all remember that one time, when a Retro employee said ,,Tuned in'' and Prime remaster was reveal.

Maybe we'll see something that's batshit insane... Maybe New 2D DK or 2D Zelda, heck, maybe even Prime 4.
quickly let check a Retro Studios employee likendin, if he/she liked the june Direct anouncement, it means Metroid Prime 2/3 Remastered or HD or Metroid Prime 4 tommorow

Hoping Hotel Dusk/Last Window get the same treatment as Another Code Recollection. Probably too soon though.

Anything Metroid will make me happy.

Pyoro also retweeted the darkest dungeon 2 announcement. Maybe he's just going to retweet things other people found instead if putting his neck out this time.

Here's the leak for what it's worth. This account hasn't posted before

• Why would they give them another set of amiibo.
  • Why was this not announced BEFORE the DLC released.

Like yeah, Octo Expansion got amiibo but was a new protagonist and race. This just seems forced. If they wanna sell us more amiibo I'd rather have some of the store owners or something.

Quoted by: Tye
It's exciting, but not mind blowingly so, because I'm really not quite sure what to expect from Nintendo themselves. I can pick a handful of categories which I think need filling:

• October Mario game: Party, Sports or Olympics
  • Big November Game: Zelda, DK, perhaps Tomodachi
  • Uber Nerd Enthusiast Fare: Fire Emblem, Metroid
  • Old Stuff: Zelda, F ZERO, Metroid, DK, 3DS game?

There's some overlap which makes it harder. Big new November game could hypothetically be either Zelda or DK or Metroid; but those franchises also have some obvious Old Stuff picks Nintendo could use instead. I'm certain we get another Mario title for October, but both Camelot and NdCube could feasibly have something. NdCube might seem likelier, but I kinda suspect Nintendo want those tasty evergreen sales on their next platform now that Party is essentially the fourth big Mario series in sales terms (Kart, 3D, Bros, Party). Olympics is the other option given the year.

I'm also increasingly of the opinion we get DK in some form, either Returns Deluxe New Lanky Mode or EPDK, and that it's accompanied by a DK themed NSO update.

FINALLY!!!!! I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT AND I'M PRAYING FOR METROID PRIME 4 TO SHOW UP!! šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

So, based off leaks/hints/ratings/early drops, so far we have:
  • Fantasian;
  • Dragon Quest HD-2D Trilogy or III;
  • Ace Attorney (new game? Investigations collection? Investigations III?);
  • Among Us something;
  • Darkest Dungeon II;
  • House of the Dead 2 Remake.

Did I miss anything??

I feel pretty confident he didn't realize that. Him saying LFG seems, and no offense to him, out of character lol.
True, but he probably said that since he knows MP4 will be shown, and they will announce a new Star Fox, DK game, and a Xenoblade x port

• Why would they give them another set of amiibo.
  • Why was this not announced BEFORE the DLC released.

Like yeah, Octo Expansion got amiibo but was a new protagonist and race. This just seems forced. If they wanna sell us more amiibo I'd rather have some of the store owners or something.
These have been known about for awhile now, actually, thanks to datamining. And the reason why they waited to announce them until after Side Order released is likely because you donā€™t see Pearl and Marina in those outfits until later on in Side Order (even though Nintendo released art of them even before Side Order released, lol) so they probably wanted to give people a chance to play through the game first, or at least get past the first tower. Also amiibo have been launching later in general in recent years, so it could be related to manufacturing delays, too.

These have been known about for awhile now, actually, thanks to datamining. And the reason why they waited to announce them until after Side Order released is likely because you donā€™t see Pearl and Marina in those outfits until later on in Side Order (even though Nintendo released art of them even before Side Order released, lol) so they probably wanted to give people a chance to play through the game first, or at least get past the first tower. Also amiibo have been launching later in general in recent years, so it could be related to manufacturing delays, too.
I just think it's lame they're for characters that already have amiibo. My display is gonna look weird now. šŸ˜•

Quoted by: Tye
Friendly reminder that Pyoro trolls with his Likes and Retweets. He did the same with the Nintendo World Championship game. Take his interactions in Twitter with a vert thin grain of salt.

Yes, that's very recent.
It's obviously not unprecedented for active Nintendo IP to have discrete releases in consecutive years, in fact it is more the norm than not, so I do not understand the confusion here.

If people are hoping for F-Zero to become active again, they will want a new release this year, given the state of the franchise, a re-release is the most realistic, among re-releases, GX is the most obvious one, therefore people are hoping for a GX remaster.

The confusion is...?

I could see it show up this month I could see it easily show up later this year it just comes down to when. This isn't a question of if it's when does Nintendo want to reveal and release this game and I haven't heard an update on this game in over for a year so I am purely in the dark on this at this point just reveal the game already Nintendo
Regarding FE4 PLEEEASE GOD NINTENDO REVEAL IT

It's obviously not unprecedented for active Nintendo IP to have discrete releases in consecutive years, in fact it is more the norm than not, so I do not understand the confusion here.

If people are hoping for F-Zero to become active again, they will want a new release this year, given the state of the franchise, a re-release is the most realistic, among re-releases, GX is the most obvious one, therefore people are hoping for a GX remaster.

The confusion is...?

Does Nintendo put out games from IPs this niche in consecutive years?

Especially since this can't be a ISO dump as F-Zero GX's single player is way too hard for players and its multiplayer is really limited, this would need to be a significant remake.

Especially since this can't be a ISO dump as F-Zero GX's single player is way too hard for players and its multiplayer is really limited, this would need to be a significant remake.
Well, that's the whole thesis here, people want F-Zero to become active and not niche and dormant again, and so they are hoping for more releases, while trying to remain realistic.

Whether or not it happens (I would love it to but I don't see it) is anyone's guess, I am just saying the actual demand/expectation/whatever makes sense and is sound

Metroid had Samus Returns the year after Federation Force and also announced Prime 4 that very same E3 as Samus Returns.

Never been happier to be wrong about something.
I missed the post when it happened, but for what it's worth: the answer to "doesn't Nintendo normally do Directs on ____day?" is always no. They've been spread across Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays basically since their inception. Tuesday was by far most commonly used for June, as Nintendo timed it so that the E3 show floor opened shortly after the conclusion of their presentation, and hasn't used it much outside of E3, so they likely won't happen much going forward (the most recent time being nearly two years ago, in September 2022). But it does happen sometimes.

That said, I actually expect the shift to Thursday retail releases to mean Thursday Directs are more rare, but we'll have to see.

Nintendo putting a disclaimer that they won't be talking about the Switch successor in the Direct got me nostalgic when they used to do this everytime for every Direct during the Wii U era, after they already had mentioned the NX lol

Nintendo putting a disclaimer that they won't be talking about the Switch successor in the Direct got me nostalgic when they used to do this everytime for every Direct during the Wii U era, after they already had mentioned the NX lol
The peak of this was when during E3 2016, they confirmed they would ONLY be showing BOTW - a game already confirmed as an NX game at that point - and then STILL said "but no NX talk, Wii U version only, wink wink nudge nudge"

I get lost in the "official thread", is there any other leak apart

ace attorney?

apart from the hinted/leaked/rumored content previous to the official announcement, such as

Among Us update
Beyond Good & Evil 20th anniverary edition
Fantasian
Dragon Quest 3HD2D
House of the Dead 2 remaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom