• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pyoro has retweeted some Ace Attorney game and another old thing. He hasn’t hinted at anything big. That kind of tells you how this direct will go because if there was anything big Mr. Clout bird would’ve spilled it too. Not a single first party game he’s hinted or retweeted. Oh well expectation adjusted to low.

Switch 2 will be announced in a few months so there’s that.
Nintendo expects to sell 13mil units this fiscal year. The direct is 40 mins. There are so clear hints here that Nintendo does have at least some medium sized titles for the last 6 months, but for some reason you put all your eggs in a leaker, who, for reasons unbeknownst to us, hasn’t said a word. From a business standpoint, does it make sense for Nintendo just put up the white flag for this holiday season when Switch 2 will be backwards compatible anyway?

Tbh I'll probably shelve the FE4 rumor and be skeptical it exists if it doesn't show up here.
me too, I'm already skeptical after the last direct, if it's not showing here then the rumour about it being completed and they're just sitting on it doesn't make sense anymore.

I know I'm in the minority here but I'm so very burnt out on fire emblems...
I could really use a new Dr Mario though

The FE4 remake is real and will get announced tomorrow because I say so.

trnif8p.jpeg

Sorry, but nothing makes me roll my eyes harder than assumptions on the quality of a Direct based on the lack of leaks.

Why isn't it equally likely that Pyoro simply doesn't know much of what Nintendo has in this Direct? Why is it that, instead, it's a disappointing presentation?

Pyoro didn't leak WarioWare last year, or Luigi's Mansion Remake, or the Princess Peach game. They do not shout out every game from the rooftops.

Nintendo expects to sell 13mil units this fiscal year. The direct is 40 mins. There are so clear hints here that Nintendo does have at least some medium sized titles for the last 6 months, but for some reason you put all your eggs in a leaker, who, for reasons unbeknownst to us, hasn’t said a word. From a business standpoint, does it make sense for Nintendo just put up the white flag for this holiday season when Switch 2 will be backwards compatible anyway?
I know there has to be games Nintendo needs to sell 13 million (plus a price cut too)

i've long since stopped expecting to see the FE4 remake in Directs

don't get me wrong I always hope to see it and do believe that it will be in one eventually but actually expecting it in any particular individual Direct? nah

My biggest problem with the fe4 remake rumours is that I've always felt that fe4 was a game impossible to remake, if Nate never said anything about it I probably would have never expected the game to be remade. That's why I'm getting sceptical about it if it starts to be a no-show after hearing about it's completion 2 years ago.

My biggest problem with the fe4 remake rumours is that I've always felt that fe4 was a game impossible to remake, if Nate never said anything about it I probably would have never expected the game to be remade. That's why I'm getting sceptical about it if it starts to be a no-show after hearing about it's completion 2 years ago.
What makes you say that? I’ve always thought it’s the EXACT perfect game to remake, not only because I love it so much. It was the progenitor of the child/marriage system that made Awakening sell so well and the origin of MANY aspects of Three Houses (crests, story setup, world building depth, and more spoiler-y stuff). The best selling entries lifted a LOT from FE4, which tells me it’s primed for big appeal

Almost like there Nintendo games or something

OK, but the GameCube to Wii transition and WiiU to Switch transitions were transitions between consoles of very similar power levels and very different appeals. This is not remotely similar to the Switch 1 to Switch 2 transition unless the Switch 2 is much weaker than expected and is like Kinect focused.

Put the Nate and MVG podcast on 2x speed, not going to go over everything (give them some views) but some of the more pertinent points I thought that'd be of interest:

• According to Nate he hasn't heard any update on Fire Emblem 4 in the last year, so he's under the assumption right now that it's not showing up here, but it's Nintendo so anything can happen.
  • Fantasian will be published by Square Enix, and Dragon Quest is expected to be here too, but they're not expecting IX Remake or Tactics.
  • Expecting some kind of F-Zero related announcement, maybe a GX port.
  • They seem to think that Bandai Namco's 3DS remaster could be Kirby Planet Robobot.
  • If there's any Mario presence on here it's probably Mario Party.
  • Nate is very half and half on if Prime 4 is going to be shown here since he thinks Nintendo might turn it into a cross-gen title, and if so they might hold back on showing it. They both seem to agree that it's probably a 2025 game and that if it's shown here it would have to be a substantial showing.
  • They believe Nintendo needs some kind of significant game going into 2024's holiday but they're not sure what that's going to be.
  • They are putting away the clown makeup and predicting against Silksong showing up.
i really enjoyed Planet Robobot, but if this winds up being the BN 3DS port that's really lackluster. Way too much Kirby.

What makes you say that? I’ve always thought it’s the EXACT perfect game to remake, not only because I love it so much. It was the progenitor of the child/marriage system that made Awakening sell so well and the origin of MANY aspects of Three Houses (crests, story setup, world building depth, and more spoiler-y stuff). The best selling entries lifted a LOT from FE4, which tells me it’s primed for big appeal
I know literally nothing about FE4 and reading this intrigues me more than constantly hearing rumors about it being remastered ever did.

Just seems like leakers don't actually have a clue about this direct and they are just going off what has already been unearthed via ratings boards etc and the rest is guesses going off nebulous job listings.

Which is great. I for one would welcome a direct that is largely unspolied

I’m looking forward to the Direct. We don’t know a lot, that’s always a plus. And since the last General Directs were so good, there’s no real announcement I “need” anymore. I’m fine with the Switch and ready to move on. Pretty excited still because late-gen support from Nintendo is always pretty interesting with some niche titles and unexpected remakes/ports.

i really enjoyed Planet Robobot, but if this winds up being the BN 3DS port that's really lackluster. Way too much Kirby.

I know literally nothing about FE4 and reading this intrigues me more than constantly hearing rumors about it being remastered ever did.
Three Houses’s developers went on to interview shortly after the game released and specifically called out FE4 as their primary inspiration next to Romance of the Three Kingdoms. FE4 is also very widely beloved in Japan. I’ve said it before but, if it released here in the west back in the day: it absolutely would’ve been lauded as an all-time SNES RPG classic along the likes of Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger.

Source for that interview: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/fire-emblem-three-houses-developers-are-unsure-why/1100-6468629/

The Nate predic was ready to go, lmao. Ohyeaah!

Gonna give a listen to right now. Hope Nate further strengthens the MP4 as Cross-Gen position!

00:00 Opens with Fire Emblem 4
00:04 3rd party games
00:10 Kirby Robobot remaster
00:13 3rd party games
00:17 F-Zero GX remaster
00:21 3rd party games
00:25 MP2 remaster shadowdrop with MP3 remaster release date
00:28 MP4 teaser
00:31 3rd party games
00:34 Mario Party game
00:38 3rd party games
00:41 Ends with a new DK game

I think it’s been almost 4 years at this point since the first time I’ve heard about FE4 Remake 🫠

I’m really looking forward to seeing the newer fans of the franchise figuring out the true heights it can reach (no quarrel with 3H or Awakening fans).

If you don't like Metroid Prime or FE, that’d be a horrendous direct 🫣

Pyoro has retweeted some Ace Attorney game and another old thing. He hasn’t hinted at anything big. That kind of tells you how this direct will go because if there was anything big Mr. Clout bird would’ve spilled it too. Not a single first party game he’s hinted or retweeted. Oh well expectation adjusted to low.

Switch 2 will be announced in a few months so there’s that.
Nah

I think it’s been almost 4 years at this point since the first time I’ve heard about FE4 Remake 🫠

I’m really looking forward to seeing the newer fans of the franchise figuring out the true heights it can reach (no quarrel with 3H or Awakening fans).
Even though I’ve done like 7 playthroughs of FE4 since I played it in middle school, it’s for THIS exact reason I think it needs that remake. That plus seeing all the events of the game with beautiful cutscenes, voice acting, lots more dialogue and supports added… I need it
_(´ཀ`」 ∠):

Banger. Full remake of a beloved FE title, remaster of a very well-liked Kirby game, revival of mainline F-Zero as a beautiful graphical showcase, new party game, core remasters and megahyped title in the MP trilogy + 4, and DK? No way we're eating this good tomorrow but I'd be thrilled
If you don't like Metroid Prime or FE, that’d be a horrendous direct 🫣
Biiiiiiiig disagree, although I have the luxury of not having played most of the released and rumored remasters for this year

No Nintendo games leaked yet definitely means no Nintendo games in the direct. Also, lack of third party leaks means very few third party games will be in the direct. 40 minutes of information focused mainly on a blank screen confirmed.

I hope to see Fire Emblem 4 Remake. I want to discover this license with this opus because I know it's considered the best by Japanese fans.

Otherwise, I'd like to ask you a question, if you don't mind answering.... Do you think Dragon Quest III HD-2D will be released this year?

No Nintendo games leaked yet definitely means no Nintendo games in the direct. Also, lack of third party leaks means very few third party games will be in the direct. 40 minutes of information focused mainly on a blank screen confirmed.

I'm personally waiting for the General Pyoro Direct. 40 minutes of birds!!!

It’s my second favorite fire emblem game ever but it’s structure and mechanics are pretty archaic for the modern era while also being the central element of its gameplay and I feel changing and modernizing the game and the maps while keeping the spirit of the original will not be an easy feat unlike other remake.
Also I really don’t know how they will market the story without giving away the big twist
Of course this is a big reason why i’m pretty hyped about the game being remade but I’ve always felt that it might to big of a work for a remake and they might decide to not bother and go with other fire emblem remakes.
But at the same time they did remake gaiden so who knows

Quoted by: lol
You know what would be the coolest “rush it to fill up some space” game Nintendo could announce?

Dragalia Lost.

I would literally cry on stream.
As a proper full 3D, turn based JRPG? Possibly from the talented minds of Media.vision? Hell yes, that's something to drool over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom