• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For using an ableist slur, you have been permanently banned. - Lord Azrael, DecoReturns, Tangerine_Cookie, Zellia, BassForever, Phendrift, meatbag
no matter what we predict.

it'll still make more sense then Arlo predicting the next 3D Mario being cross-gen and prime 4 being switch 2 exclusive
Alright I'll probably get called out for saying this but fuck it I don't care; Arlo is such a fucking R*****.

Papa Genos video is a really fun listen and he talks about every rumor that's been around for this Direct and for Switch in general.

On stuff HE'S HEARD:
  • Metroid Prime 4 is targeting a fall 2024 release
he got the Prime Remastered shadowdrop right, so I'm putting on my clown makeup and getting on board the "Prime 4 will be GOTY 2024" train

As much as I'd love Rika Suzuki, Niji Hayashi wouldn't be a bad choice if their other FE4 art for Heroes is any indication

Face.png

AscendedIshtar_Neutral.png
I guess he wouldn't necessarily be "bad", it's just that Rika Suzuki would be soooooooo much better, and make waaaaaay more sense as the artist. Niji Hayashi just feels incredibly random to me, and would be a huge slap in the face to Suzuki and the fans of her artwork imo. Hayashi's artstyle also doesn't really fit for a remake of such an old game like Suzuki's does, or Hidari's did imo.

Alright I'll probably get called out for saying this but fuck it I don't care; Arlo is such a fucking R*****.
Hey... I like his optimism of thinking Prime 4 is actually seen as a big deal for Nintendo, also let's not call people R******, it's only speculation at the end of the day.

But, it would be baller, if Prime 4 would be a pack in title for the Switch 2, Similar to Metroid Prime Hunters.

I want to believe we'll see MP4, but I'll be satisfied with FE4. I don't care much about the Zelda Remasters or Silksong, the latter of which is a long shot anyhow.

Hey... I like his optimism of thinking Prime 4 is actually seen as a big deal for Nintendo, also let's not call people R******, it's only speculation at the end of the day.

But, it would be baller, if Prime 4 would be a pack in title for the Switch 2, Similar to Metroid Prime Hunters.
Nintendo switch 2 releasing with a demo of metroid prime 4 as the only launch title.

lmao nevermind, just found out the date. It’s this year.
You better hope to be right, otherwise I'll send you an angry letter .

You could've used any word in the English dictionary to express your annoyance with him but you chose to use an ableist slur.

Respectfully, you should think carefully before you speak in future.

Suffered through 4 weeks of stomach ulcer and just as I'm getting better a Direct is announced. I'm just gonna pretend God was testing my resilience and my reward will be Prime 4 2024.

What's more likely...

a) Metroid Prime 2 + 3
b) Zelda TPHD + WWHD
c) ...none of these
c), thank God.

On the order of likelyhood for those franchises:
MP4 > MP2R >>> MP2+3
Zelda 2D something > Twilight Princess >= Wind Waker >>>>>> Wind Waker + TP

Fire Emblem artist retweets Direct announcement (obviously doesn't mean anything but I want to believe)
👀👀

Well Rika Suzuki did retweet the Direct where Engage was announced... I hope it's finally time to see FE4
lmao nevermind, just found out the date. It’s this year.
Lol that was the quickest turn around ever!!
And thanks for sharing that with us!!
I believe the biggest bombshell possible would be if Nintendo got to break the FF IX R news. Probably not happening but I can dream.
Something else by Asano is likely to be shown imo.
I imagine fe4 is the opener then? They like to use fire emblem to open directs
It's tradition at this point right lol. Plot twist: Xenoblade Warriors is the opener and FE4 is in the middle.

This was unnecessarily immature and damn straight you'll be called out on it.

Edit: That was quick. But good to see there's zero tolerance on abelist slurs here.

Last edited:
Are you excited to see the first new entry in the Metroid Prime series that won't have GameCube graphics, 22 years after Prime 1?

/s ?

I'm kind of staying away from the thread to avoid any significant leaks so I just wanted to say thank you to you all for making this Direct hype season as fun as it has been!! It's been extremely fun speculating and talking to you all over the three+ months and I can't wait to do this again in the future (whether that's later this year or some point next year!)!!!

It's had it's ups and downs for sure but I'm glad we are here! I hope everyone enjoys tomorrow's Direct and at least sees one announcement that you can be excited for!! Personally, I'm SO excited for tomorrow, I can barely wait!! :)

This might be one of the rare instances of Nintendo making a banger last year of a console, Since Wii and Wii U last year were abysmal.

But the prospect of FE remake and Prime 4, with inclusion of long awaited ports is absolutely amazing. I'm really liking this confidence on Nintendo, since ending the Switch with a bang, would be beneficial for the momentum of the Switch 2 and the transitional period.

Papa Genos video is a really fun listen and he talks about every rumor that's been around for this Direct and for Switch in general.

On stuff HE'S HEARD:
  • Metroid Prime 4 is targeting a fall 2024 release;
  • the 2D Zelda starring Zelda is a mix of rumors, stuff he's heard and researched and speculation. He did give the hint of a Zelda-led game before Midori talked about Edward, so I believe the part he heard is that there's a game starring Zelda coming, the speculation/rumor part is that it's a 2D mainline game.
The last time I scoffed at Papa Genos, he correctly predicted the MPR shadowdrop. PLEASE let him be right about MP4 and Zelda and we will be so fucking back

he got the Prime Remastered shadowdrop right, so I'm putting on my clown makeup and getting on board the "Prime 4 will be GOTY 2024" train
I remember when someone posted on the Direct thread that he said he's heard Metroid Prime Remastered was getting shadow dropped just the day before the February Direct and I laughed hard.
After that I'm never doubting that he actually has sources lol.

Tbh to get this kind of stuff right he either has some source at the marketing of NoA or Retro?
Hell yeah Papa Geno the GOAT
I'll be taking any doses of hopium I can get about Metroid Prime 4 appearing tomorrow.

here's what im thinking for Nintendo's H2

July - Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition
August - Prime HD Trilogy (1 Remastered + 2/3 considerably less remastered, a $60 retail release with 2 and 3 added to the eshop for $20 each)
September - FE4 Remake, Mario Party
October - 2D Zelda
November - Metroid Prime 4
December - Nothing

I just realized there’s a very likely chance we’ll see Lego Horizon appear in some form and that’ll be funny to witness in a Nintendo Direct of all places.

Fire Emblem 4 would be enough for me to consider it a good Direct. It and Prime 2 would be enough to make it great. FE4 and Prime 4 would make it awesome

I don't care about Fire Emblem but I'll be happy for the fans if it's here, and I fully expect it to open the Direct. If something else opens, I might let out a big old "Uh oh" if they save it for the closer

so if fe4 is this year, its a lock for this direct no? arent the september ones typically focused on stuff thats already announced and announcing stuff for the beginning of next year?
September directs also typically announce smaller games that release around november/december.

Something like WWHD/TPHD if it's a November release I would expect it in a September direct.

I would expect FE4 to be an August or September game, so yeah this direct it is.

I really hope DK shows up tomorrow in the direct, DKC
Returns HD Port and a brand new DK game at the end would be so hype! But I should not have any expectations, DK has been neglected from Nintendo for so many years unfortunately....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom