• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
...so what are the odds were getting a september direct? thats the only other place i could fathom fe4 being and im not even sure we're getting one
I think that depends on when switch 2 is happening. If it’s early next year, I think they’re gonna lock in on marketing around september. If it’s later in the year then one last direct is very well possible. We should have a good idea come tomorrow if they announce games for the entirety of this year or if they seem to be saving some announcements

One hint towards an FE4 Remake that I don’t ever see talked about but I’ve always found interesting is that time 3 years ago when IS just randomly changed the name of an FE4 character that didn’t even show up in Heroes for another year.

I don’t know much about localization admittedly, but it seems to line up pretty closely with the rumor that the game’s been done for a while. Even if it doesn’t show up in this direct, much as I’d lose some hope, I think it’d still hold out some hope that it exists.

Last edited:
...so what are the odds were getting a september direct? thats the only other place i could fathom fe4 being and im not even sure we're getting one
that is probably going to be a double combo of reveal of Switch Successor as well as some titles they have planned for Q424 and early 2025 that are coming to Switch and/or Switch Successor

One hint towards an FE4 Remake that I don’t ever see talked about but I’ve always found interesting is that time 3 years ago when IS just randomly changed the name of an FE4 character that didn’t even show up in Heroes for another year.

I don’t know much about localization admittedly, but it seems to line up pretty closely with the rumor that the game’s been done for a while. Even if it doesn’t show up in this direct, much as I’d lose some hope, I think it’d still hold out some hope that it exists,
FE4 gang rise up

I don’t know much about localization admittedly, but it seems to line up pretty closely with the rumor that the game’s been done for a while. Even if it doesn’t show up in this direct, much as I’d lose some hope, I think it’d still hold out some hope that it exists,
That can be pointed to the fact that there was an FE5 character from a location that shared a name with that FE4 character, but only in the localized versions. That FE5 character would show up in Heroes not long after.

One hint I could point out is there was a "Castle Conversations" video where they had the voices of Jamke and Deirdre voice lines, the latter of whom voiced a scene from FE4.
FE4 gang rise FROM A THOUSAND YEARS AGOOOOOOO
FTFY

that is probably going to be a double combo of reveal of Switch Successor as well as some titles they have planned for Q424 and early 2025 that are coming to Switch and/or Switch Successor
thats something to consider

this is be really the last dance for switch 1 , when this direct ends , we will be at a gary zone the switch 2 can be annouced at any time
the nintendo plans for second half will be very inpacted for this announcement , so we can have a mini or a parther showcase in setember or not direct at all is plausible , all leading to the announcement of the next console

the eyes will be at the future of nintendo in the next months , and it will be more clear time after time

https://metroid.fandom.com/wiki/Sam_Tung
It seems that Sam Tung, the lead storyboard artist at Retro Studios, left in May (you can check some of the links to his socials on the Metroid wiki to see that). Not sure if he was a contract employee or just decided to leave, but either way I feel like if his work is done on the project it may mean that it's really entering the final stretch of dev?

Just 3. Unless they’re really hiding something under their sleeves.
This game might be the biggest victim of midori’s bullshitting his way into leaks.
A lot of people will now be disappointed that’s going to be just dq3 instead of the whole trilogy because he said with certainty that it was a trilogy.
Now square enix releasing the game they announced is less than what people expected

Kind of makes sense that they changed his name when you realise FE4/FE5 has a literal kingdom called "Ulster"

That, and Scáthach is his actual name, that's what his Japanese name translates to at least. The name Ulster came from Awakening and I'm not entirely sure why.

https://metroid.fandom.com/wiki/Sam_Tung
It seems that Sam Tung, the lead storyboard artist at Retro Studios, left in May (you can check some of the links to his socials on the Metroid wiki to see that). Not sure if he was a contract employee or just decided to leave, but either way I feel like if his work is done on the project it may mean that it's really entering the final stretch of dev?
Oh he left? He had been there for a while…

I would expect no September Direct, but a reveal of the Switch 2 around then (could be October as well).

Basically mirroring the reveal of the original Switch.

Sylux is posting all over the place. I’m trying not get hyped
What has he said?

the silksong memes continues it seens

200w.gif

Don’t get hyped for the most mid direct ever.
Dragon quest 3 will be the big holiday game for nintendo this year.
There will be a Holiday 2024 first party game. You are out of your mind if you think there will not be one. Even 2016 had a Holiday game from Nintendo.

I’m just wondering at what capacity we see Donkey Kong. With some game anniversaries and the park expansion, I feel like there’s gotta be something.
I feel like we have to see something about it. He got such a huge push in the Mario movie, i feel like it would be silly to wait for Switch 2 for DK.

Opener = FE4
Middle Segment = Mario stuff - LM2, new sports title, something else
Ending = New Zelda 2D is the big holiday game

No WW, TP, or Prime 4. Prime 2 + 3 in a quick highlight like Prime 1 but with less remastering effort. NSO roadmap update. Just some of my first-party guesses for now.

Not really excited for any of the rumored/expected stuff, so I am hoping for at least some NSO updates that will be fun. I am trying to keep my expectations in check, but hopefully there will be some fun surprises.

Exclusive famiboards Nintendo leak! To hot for normal eyes!

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

I'm mostly hoping for Fire Emblem, Xenosaga HD, and anything Zelda. I feel like 2/3 of these are at least somewhat likely, and I would walk away very happy if I got any one of them.

Don't know if they will put THAT much stuff on such an old hardware, but

1 brand new already announced game (Metroid Prime 4)

1 remake (FE 4)

2 Wii U ports (Zelda WW and TP)

1 casual game (Tomodatchi life)

1 family game (Mario Party)

Would still be a stellar lineup IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom