• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_po2cx4qmmo1x0uneyo4_540.gifv

40 min is a pretty good size, I'm really excited now!! No matter what they show, it'll surely have to be a fair bit of content to fit in 40 min
Kid Icarus Uprising Switch port with Sakurai explaining all the weapons and mechanics in great detail for 26 minutes

we need 5 PM directs back, idk why they do 10 AM so much. its alright for the west coast but for most of the west it's in the middle of the workday and in Japan it's pretty late at night

It says no "mention" of the successor because they'll simply close on some off-screen footage of it running a new 3D Mario. Definitely. For sure. I've cracked your code, Furukawa

I'm not into specific game leaks at all, so I won't say anything much, but I will comment on the two most widely-talked about points:

1. I'm pretty sure Dragon Quest 3 will be there. They even had a playtest event in LA last week.
2. I haven't heard anything about a new Ace Attorney and I feel like maybe I would've, so if it shows up, I'll scream my lungs out just as anyone else.

I'm not into specific game leaks at all, so I won't say anything much, but I will comment on the two most widely-talked about points:

1. I'm pretty sure Dragon Quest 3 will be there. They even had a playtest event in LA last week.
2. I haven't heard anything about a new Ace Attorney and I feel like maybe I would've, so if it shows up, I'll scream my lungs out just as anyone else.
Neat

And what about old Ace Attorney game(s)? :]

Awesome! Do you have any idea if Dragon Quest will be just 3 or the whole trilogy?

Awesome! Do you have any idea if Dragon Quest will be just 3 or the whole trilogy?
What was up for testing was just number 3, but maybe they'll announce the other two at the show? I dunno where that rumor came from, but I would like it very much.

What was up for testing was just number 3, but maybe they'll announce the other two at the show? I dunno where that rumor came from, but I would like it very much.

Iirc it originates from an old interview with Horii, where he used some "ominous" wording to state that he would like to do remakes of 1 + 2 too.

Plus speculation why this project takes so long when Asano games are usually in a "short-ish" announcement -> release timeframe.

Oh yeah, I really can't wait for the "DQ III remake not being trilogy" backlash because of some bad translation.

For once, I'm glad this is happening at the crack of dawn in my timezone since I have work in the afternoon.

Its actually happening OMG. I mean the 18th was pretty obvious but love to see that red announcement

I am prepared to see DK/2D Zelda hopefully. Also I wonder if this is finally time for Silksong. I just think both that and Prime 4 would make for a crazy direct

Video Producer from NoA hyping this particular direct up

Holy shit... Y'all remember that one time, when a Retro employee said ,,Tuned in'' and Prime remaster was reveal.

Maybe we'll see something that's batshit insane... Maybe New 2D DK or 2D Zelda, heck, maybe even Prime 4.

we need 5 PM directs back, idk why they do 10 AM so much. its alright for the west coast but for most of the west it's in the middle of the workday and in Japan it's pretty late at night
You only have so many options if you want to do it simultaneously, globally, and without landing any of their major markets in the 00:00-06:00 timeframe.

West Coast Americans can get up early; Japanese people can stay up an hour late, Europeans are probably at lunch, or getting off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom