• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
.-- . .----. .-. . / -. --- / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-. ... / - --- / .-.. --- ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / - .... . / .-. ..- .-.. . ... / .- -. -.. / ... --- / -.. --- / .. / -.--. -.. --- / .. -.--.- / .- / ..-. ..- .-.. .-.. / -.-. --- -- -- .. - -- . -. - .----. ... / .-- .... .- - / .. .----. -- / - .... .. -. -.- .. -. --. / --- ..-. / -.-- --- ..- / .-- --- ..- .-.. -.. -. .----. - / --. . - / - .... .. ... / ..-. .-. --- -- / .- -. -.-- / --- - .... . .-. / --. ..- -.-- / .. / .--- ..- ... - / .-- .- -. -. .- / - . .-.. .-.. / -.-- --- ..- / .... --- .-- / .. .----. -- / ..-. . . .-.. .. -. --. / --. --- - - .- / -- .- -.- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- -. -.. . .-. ... - .- -. -..
j2N9uCo.gif

I’d like to formally place my bet on Tuesday, June 18 for the Direct. It’ll be revealed the day before.

June 19 is out because of Juneteenth, June 20 is out because the announcement would be on Juneteenth, and June 21 is out because it’s a Friday. Directs aren’t usually on Tuesdays, but they’re definitely more likely than Fridays.

The following week is out because it’s LM2HD week.

June 18 just makes the most sense.
Can I just briefly gloat that I claimed this before it was confirmed by leakers?

I want Sonic Adventure and the original Resident Evil 2. Portable on my Switch Which should be possible.

wishful thinking: Eternal Darkness, Viewtiful Joe, and Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes.

and of course Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Ocarina and Majora 3D, and Link Between Worlds. Not a big deal.

Genuinely wondering: Disregarding any rumors on this, what exactly makes a Nintendo Direct announcement today possible?

I mean previous Directs have been announced on Wednesdays and streamed right the day after pretty consistently.
Considering Nintendo is now releasing games on thursdays doesn't it make more sense for them to announce the direct on June 19th for June 20th so they can shadowdrop some games like Metroid Prime 2 Remastered? (Or more Gamecube HD ports)
Of course they could still announce it today, but i'd amagine if they do, the Direct will be livestreamed on thursday rather than tuesday.

As for game announcements, i just want to finally see Metroid Prime 4 in action. Everything else is just gonna be a bonus for me.

..-. .. .-. . / . -- -... .-.. . -- / --. . -. . .- .-.. --- --. -.-- / --- ..-. / - .... . / .... --- .-.. -.-- / .-- .- .-. / .-. . -- .- -.- . / .-.-. / -- . - .-. --- .. -.. / .--. .-. .. -- . / ....-

I have a feeling the answer to the Direct doko message will be something like “there it is” following the announcement tomorrow…
If there's any tease, it must be something like that.
People looking for Donkey Kong there, didn't learn anything about the Nintendo World Championships picture and Switch 2 "tease".

All Pokemon arguing should be done in Morse code from now on.
But then half the thread would become illegib-oooooooooooooh

I want Sonic Adventure and the original Resident Evil 2. Portable on my Switch Which should be possible.
Sonic Adventure
Skies of Arcadia
Ecco Defender of the Future
Power Stone
Project Justice
Jet Set Radio remake we already know exists

cmon let's see a Dreamcast Direct

It won't be the final Switch 1 Direct, but it will be the final Switch 1 focused Direct before the sucessor is out.
I think that the September direct will be another one focus entirely on the Switch 1, even if the Switch 2 got reveal before that time.

Watch it be an Indie World on the 18th and then the week after a Direct. ;)
Genuinely wondering: Disregarding any rumors on this, what exactly makes a Nintendo Direct announcement today possible?

Nothing. It could be everyday in June. That said there are outside rumours also reasons to do it this week.

Elden Ring DLC coming out on friday will probably hook people for a while. So for a marketing perspectice having it before would be great. Another reason to do it this week is to do another LM2HD push.

And not let it fall in the same week where it gets burried with new releases.

Then the 19th is seemingly a holiday in the US. So then the 18th makes sense. 20th could also be with an announcement on the 18th.

Combine this with the rumours and tomorrow seems logical. Then again its Nintendo.

Been busy since the pyoracle spoke, but imagine if the doko was implying a Fortune Street title since dokodemo (Suit Yourself) cards

Actually let’s just pretend nin is a FF ninja, and dai refers to DQ Dai. That’s the crossover we wanted right? /s

We should let spoilers know that they are allowed in here cause so far it doesn't seem they received the memo lol
Also the poster on Era who leaked some SE announcements for the Direct got banned (not for the leaks, he is 100% legitimate, but because of behaviour). Damn, we are left with nothing lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom