• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't matter what day the direct is on I'll still be at work regardless because the direct is never on a Saturday or Friday. All I can hope is it either airs on my commute or I have to wake up early.

I’m kind of thinking if we do get a new DK game announcement we could get a DK Direct in August/September timeframe.

Many of us believe we’re not getting a General Direct in September. We could get a Partners Direct or maybe a Mini Direct. The thought of getting a game specific Direct crossed my mind too.

Tough to say if we’ll get a General in September. If this upcoming one gives us as full of a slate as last year’s June or better, there might not really be a need beyond Twitter updates, and the new console is on the way.

Tough to say if we’ll get a General in September. If this upcoming one gives us as full of a slate as last year’s June or better, there might not really be a need beyond Twitter updates, and the new console is on the way.
Depending on what Nintendo's major Holiday game is, I could definitely see maybe a game specific Direct in September, but your right.bif we get a full slate that, especially, extends into the first three months of 2025, I don't really think we see a September Direct (if anything, maybe we get a Mini)

Depending on what Nintendo's major Holiday game is, I could definitely see maybe a game specific Direct in September, but your right.bif we get a full slate that, especially, extends into the first three months of 2025, I don't really think we see a September Direct (if anything, maybe we get a Mini)
Being a transition year it feels like anything is on the table.

This isn’t part of a leak or anything but just my personal want, I would love another NSO blowout of Rare games, perhaps Banjo Tooie and Diddy Kong Racing, the more obscure-ish GBA titles, hell throw Perfect Dark and Conker in if they decide to bring over that 18+ app variant from Japan.

Everyone, trust me.

I can confirm it’s this Tuesday.

I have the best evidence for it: im off work this Tuesday and i haven’t had a Tuesday off in a long time.

Everyone, trust me.

I can confirm it’s this Tuesday.

I have the best evidence for it: im off work this Tuesday and i haven’t had a Tuesday off in a long time.
I know it’s Tuesday for the opposite reason. Tuesday is the only day I’m going in the office this week.

Returns is too gimmicky in game play and too pedestrian in presentation for it to be better than Tropical Freeze, but they should still throw that shit up on eShop so we can play it with the 3DS version's controls.

Now Jungle Beat even without the Bongos is a game I might earnestly argue as being the ultimate Donkey Kong in concept but I want to wait and see what Nintendo does next with DK before I make a definitive statement about that one.

Tropical Freeze is peak, but Returns is still very good. Gimme a port of that for Switch that brings together the 3DS version's normal controls/extra levels and the Wii version's 60fps and make it HD and personally it'd just be a "oh wow, two cakes" situation

Because frankly, "X is better than Y, so porting Y would be a waste" is just an argument for a system that plays Super Metroid and nothing else 'cuz what else do you really need?

Tropical Freeze is peak, but Returns is still very good. Gimme a port of that for Switch that brings together the 3DS version's normal controls/extra levels and the Wii version's 60fps and make it HD and personally it'd just be a "oh wow, two cakes" situation

Because frankly, "X is better than Y, so porting Y would be a waste" is just an argument for a system that plays Super Metroid and nothing else 'cuz what else do you really need?

It's a little different when two games are so similar.

I would like DKCR to be available just as an emulator dump for $20 on the eShop, but a physical, $60 release would suck real bad. If they go to the effort of redoing the visuals to justify a full price tag, that would feel like a huge waste of time as well compared to other games they could remake.

(3D Land and a few other games suffer from this issue where they need a lot of effort to remake, but aren't as interesting as very similar games already on the Switch)

Returns is (IMO) the worst mainline DKC so I honestly would not care if it's ported to Switch anytime soon. That's still better than most 2D Mario games, but I wouldn't personally get excited. If anything I'd hear the start of Jungle Hijinks, lose it for 2 seconds and then see that it's Returns and go "awww...".

Now if they port Jungle Beat with bongo support, hell yeah that game rules, though personally the Wii version is pretty boring (in comparison, the game is still good) doesn't capture the same energy and is slower, which sucks cause it's probably what they would port.

Sorry, I've kind of missed everything that's apparently happened today

What's nindai doko?
nindai is apparently how people tend to abbreviate Nintendo Direct in Japan. Doko is essentially "where is".

So it's "direct where" or "where's the direct", basically. Not really a leak or anything of substance

nah. basic games can by now get them to that number. Switch is still selling schockingly well.
Nintendo did 15 million in a year with Mario Wonder + a special edition, and Tears of the Kingdom + special edition. I don't care how well Switch is selling, 13 million in a year without those things is ambitious.

Maybe price cuts can do it, but "basic games" certainly can't on their own. I can't imagine what title Nintendo has in the bag, but it feels like they've gotta have something. Something that can produce some special edition hardware, and get a few repeat buyers to pony up.

Nintendo did 15 million in a year with Mario Wonder + a special edition, and Tears of the Kingdom + special edition. I don't care how well Switch is selling, 13 million in a year without those things is ambitious.

Maybe price cuts can do it, but "basic games" certainly can't on their own. I can't imagine what title Nintendo has in the bag, but it feels like they've gotta have something. Something that can produce some special edition hardware, and get a few repeat buyers to pony up.
I don't think Prime 4 fits the criteria, but I would absolutely double dip for a Prime-themed Switch.

It’s Japanese for “Switch 2 is cancelled”

it’s actually “where is Nintendo direct?” “nindai” is Nintendo Direct and “doko” is literally “where?”
I love how Japanese form portmanteau of the first or second syllable of the words: Pasokon (Personal Computer) or Puroresu (Professional Wrestling).

Getting Returns on Switch would be dope, especially if they bring the visuals up to Tropical Freeze level. No motion controls + the 3DS levels in one definitive package is a great sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom