• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn’t part of a leak or anything but just my personal want, I would love another NSO blowout of Rare games, perhaps Banjo Tooie and Diddy Kong Racing, the more obscure-ish GBA titles, hell throw Perfect Dark and Conker in if they decide to bring over that 18+ app variant from Japan.

Same, I'm really, really hoping for the floodgates to open for the Rare games on the N64 side of things. Donkey Kong 64, Diddy Kong Racing and Banjo Tooie are the big ones ... but I would love it for Conker to finally get there.

Outside of that, the only rumored thing that could make this a slam dunk for me is whatever the 2D Zelda rumor or the Wind Waker HD port finally revealed. I have a feeling whatever Donkey Kong game is rumored might just end up being a Switch 2 game, but I'd love to be wrong.

I don't think Prime 4 fits the criteria, but I would absolutely double dip for a Prime-themed Switch.
Oohh gawd! What a cursed thought 💀

There's no way I'd pass up an MP4 Switch OLED. Not again; not like the Samus Returns N3DS :cry: I'd hate myself for it, but I'd totally buy.

Please no. Please just be 2025 cross-gen!

Hey guys, my dad is Doug bowser. He said that we should really metroid PRIME ourselves 4 this one, because this direct will be a starfox ASSAULT on our senses 👀👀👀👀

Hey guys, my dad is Doug bowser. He said that we should really metroid PRIME ourselves 4 this one, because this direct will be a starfox ASSAULT on our senses 👀👀👀👀

That's what I'm talking about. Let's do a sci-fi Direct:

Super Mario Galaxy 3
Star Fox Assault Remaster
New Star Fox
Metroid Prime 2 + 3 + 4
F-Zero GX Remaster

Related fun fact I learned recently: Ubisoft is another one of those (though obviously they're French, not Japanese)

Apparently it's meant to be short for "Ubiquitous Software", which is why it's supposed to be pronounced "Yoo-bisoft" and not "Ooh-bisoft"
thinking about that time Iwata pronounced the name of their company as “U.B.I. Soft”

Though obviously it wouldn't be good as a brand new game, I'd be thrilled with a DKCR Remaster. In terms of pure design, I put it slightly above TF. But overall TF has the edge because of the far superior audiovisual presentation, and the GOAT Cranky.

Apparently it's meant to be short for "Ubiquitous Software", which is why it's supposed to be pronounced "Yoo-bisoft" and not "Ooh-bisoft"
Only person I heard pronouncing it "ooh-bisoft" is Yves Guillemot himself lol

The interesting thing about Ubisoft is.. they just came out of nowhere. One day, in a gaming magazine it said "Ubisoft brings Tonic Trouble to your N64!". Like, who the fuck is Ubisoft? Are they like important publisher or something? And few years later, they were like everywhere. The number one talk of the town.

images

I’m going to sleep. When the Direct doesn’t get announced tomorrow, I’ll be very sad and melt down in real time. Please look foreword to it.

Good night!

I need "What did you think?" "How was that?" "We hope you're looking forward to ---" in my life again...
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Waiting for this to be absolutely nothing just for more suffering.
kqpwndwo.png

Related fun fact I learned recently: Ubisoft is another one of those (though obviously they're French, not Japanese)

Only correct way to pronounce Ubisoft is with a heavy french accent.

Nintendo did 15 million in a year with Mario Wonder + a special edition, and Tears of the Kingdom + special edition. I don't care how well Switch is selling, 13 million in a year without those things is ambitious.

Maybe price cuts can do it, but "basic games" certainly can't on their own. I can't imagine what title Nintendo has in the bag, but it feels like they've gotta have something. Something that can produce some special edition hardware, and get a few repeat buyers to pony up.
Oh I should rephrase that: basic games AND some sweet deals/price cuts.

There for sure is a saturation point.
But say a second switch (lite or OLED) when you have 2 games with it, ... Even with switch 2 looming I could see a good Chung of sales there, in combination with basic (-> non Zelda/Pokémon/mk/smash/mainline mario) games.

Where I am unsure is if Nintendo WANTS that.

What won't help is Cather to niche games, those people probably already have a switch. And if by now people don't have a switch for the existing games, then the price is the only real pressure point.

(I expected the sales to plateau and fall of by last year, that's why I'm more optimistic now)

Hey, guys, new here. I daresay we're heading into the June Direct relatively blind, if it is indeed on Tuesday the 18th. As for what I'm hoping to see, just look at my PFP.

The East Coast of the United States may now officially be in Nintendo Direct announcement day if everything goes to plan!!! WOOOO!!

Oh I should rephrase that: basic games AND some sweet deals/price cuts.

There for sure is a saturation point.
But say a second switch (lite or OLED) when you have 2 games with it, ... Even with switch 2 looming I could see a good Chung of sales there, in combination with basic (-> non Zelda/Pokémon/mk/smash/mainline mario) games.

Where I am unsure is if Nintendo WANTS that.

What won't help is Cather to niche games, those people probably already have a switch. And if by now people don't have a switch for the existing games, then the price is the only real pressure point.

(I expected the sales to plateau and fall of by last year, that's why I'm more optimistic now)
Yeah.

I doubt they'd do it, but considering they've already soft announced the next system, and will almost definitely need to give more info before the end of the calendar year, they could crush with something like a price cut + Zelda HD All Stars. No new game required, win the holiday, take your "Best Selling Console of All Time" victory lap.

Yeah.

I doubt they'd do it, but considering they've already soft announced the next system, and will almost definitely need to give more info before the end of the calendar year, they could crush with something like a price cut + Zelda HD All Stars. No new game required, win the holiday, take your "Best Selling Console of All Time" victory lap.

A Zelda HD All Stars with OOT, MM, WW, and TP all together might just be enough to make me faint.

.- -.-. -.-. --- .-. -.. .. -. --. / - --- / .- .-.. .-.. / -.- -. --- .-- -. / .-.. .- .-- ... / --- ..-. / .- ...- .. .- - .. --- -. --..-- / - .... . .-. . / .. ... / -. --- / .-- .- -.-- / .- / -... . . / ... .... --- ..- .-.. -.. / -... . / .- -... .-.. . / - --- / ..-. .-.. -.-- .-.-.- / .. - ... / .-- .. -. --. ... / .- .-. . / - --- --- / ... -- .- .-.. .-.. / - --- / --. . - / .. - ... / ..-. .- - / .-.. .. - - .-.. . / -... --- -.. -.-- / --- ..-. ..-. / - .... . / --. .-. --- ..- -. -.. .-.-.- / - .... . / -... . . --..-- / --- ..-. / -.-. --- ..- .-. ... . --..-- / ..-. .-.. .. . ... / .- -. -.-- .-- .- -.-- --..-- / -... . -.-. .- ..- ... . / -... . . ... / -.. --- -. .----. - / -.-. .- .-. . / .-- .... .- - / .... ..- -- .- -. ... / - .... .. -. -.- / .. ... / .. -- .--. --- ... ... .. -... .-.. . .-.-.-

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

.-- . .----. .-. . / -. --- / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-. ... / - --- / .-.. --- ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / - .... . / .-. ..- .-.. . ... / .- -. -.. / ... --- / -.. --- / .. / -.--. -.. --- / .. -.--.- / .- / ..-. ..- .-.. .-.. / -.-. --- -- -- .. - -- . -. - .----. ... / .-- .... .- - / .. .----. -- / - .... .. -. -.- .. -. --. / --- ..-. / -.-- --- ..- / .-- --- ..- .-.. -.. -. .----. - / --. . - / - .... .. ... / ..-. .-. --- -- / .- -. -.-- / --- - .... . .-. / --. ..- -.-- / .. / .--- ..- ... - / .-- .- -. -. .- / - . .-.. .-.. / -.-- --- ..- / .... --- .-- / .. .----. -- / ..-. . . .-.. .. -. --. / --. --- - - .- / -- .- -.- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- -. -.. . .-. ... - .- -. -..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom