• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Metroid Prime 4 is a no show this Direct, I feel that would almost definitely confirm it to be a Switch 2 title, perhaps a simultaneous cross-gen game. I do have a solid feeling of it showing this time though. Just a feeling in my gut.

If Metroid Prime 4 is a no show this Direct, I feel that would almost definitely confirm it to be a Switch 2 title, perhaps a simultaneous cross-gen game. I do have a solid feeling of it showing this time though. Just a feeling in my gut.
I do too, but what good is a gut feeling when dealing with a company like Nintendo

happy page 300!

I’m still not gonna hold my breath for prime 4, like that would be nice but, they could always do something else for the holidays

Why are people always wondering if Pyoro is gonna lose his sources?
Nate never seems to lose his sources, or if he does he's able to find others. Very possible it's the same for Pyoro too.
Yeah but Nate isn't leaking half the Direct every single time. Nate talks about whispers and rumblings and possibilities, and is purposefully vague so as to protect sources. Pyoro just dumps significant contents of the Directs. That's a pretty different thing and it's a bit surprising his way in hasn't been found by now.

who is the one who needs a hug ?

It's me, but not for any Nintendo-related reasons

what we know

its tuesday
probably the last direct for switch 1 (depending of nintendo plans for 2 half)
before gamescon latam , but probably will not have impact on this event
probably a amoung us update
a game shadowdrop

rest of the things is a blind way

guess we're going in blind for the direct, we know its likely Tuesday but no content leaked whatsoever

yeah I maybe spoke too soon, we have usual maintenance coming in tomorrow. Someone might spill it if they datamine or something.

Everyone will be nice, calm, and collected if nothing happens on Monday, right?
main-qimg-dcbd2635edec1b5871784ed879712455

He was wrong me in the past.

Although I think the dates of the last Direct was changed at the last minute, due to the MS event.
this was mostly the case
its was probably the microsoft situation and they adapting the switch 2 delay

probably what we know now is what they are on track now

There are definitely going to be at least a couple remasters / remakes, if not many more. My guess is Nintendo is still going to try to balance it between that and new games, though, even though the brand new titles won't be "megatons" like 3D Mario or 3D Zelda. Maybe something like a new Mario sports game, a new 2D Donkey Kong (still a megaton in my heart, don't get me wrong!) and then Zelda or Metroid ports for first-party representation. There are just so many remasters / remakes rumored, but obviously we won't be getting everything here. Even Prime 2 + 3 AND WW + TP in the same Direct, for instance, seems very unlikely to me, as awesome as it'd be.

"If you can guess what the title is gonna be, by the way this game will actually start, as a matter of fact this screen also brings back memories for me as well. I'm sure it does for some of you and I'm sure you're dating yourself by saying that you remember. I don't if you remeber this particular opening, this was actually on the original N64 game as well when it was loading the game. Of course, I'm not a very good player even there. Game is powered by Namco, its Diddy Kong Racing!

Diiiiiiiiddy Kong Racing, remember that one?"
mqdefault.jpg

I feel like BG&E is not in this Direct and it's not coming out anytime soon. We thought it was coming when leaked last year but some reason delayed. There's something going on with that release.
I mean, this time it has been loaded onto the PSN backend… with a 1.01 patch.

I think it’s fair to say that it’s a bit different this time round.

I’ve learned from the “reading too far into the NWC cartridge pic” incident. Pyoro tweeting “where’s the Direct” most likely means they haven’t seen any evidence of it yet.

This thread will certainly be quite entertaining tomorrow either way!

I mean, this time it has been loaded onto the PSN backend… with a 1.01 patch.

I think it’s fair to say that it’s a bit different this time round.
It was loaded to the servers last time. Some lucky people even downloaded and played it (it sucked). Yeah it seems they added a patch but I don't think it means it's close to launch at all.

My own theory is they were planning to release this as publicity for BG&E2, which they were also planning to have a big re-reveal for. I guess things are not going great at the team that's making the sequel. Ubisoft is diseased with in limbo projects right now.

I feel like BG&E is not in this Direct and it's not coming out anytime soon. We thought it was coming when leaked last year but some reason delayed. There's something going on with that release.
Talking about the recent remaster/port leak

EDIT: Appears that's what you were talking about, in which case I don't think the reveal of this is going to be tied to the marketing for the second game at all IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom