• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be a legendary last year for Switch!!!
I think we'll get 1 or 2 of MP, MP4 and DK but not all of them, but all of this is reasonable imo. Maybe even more reasonable because not having a megaton tentpole like Wonder or a Pokémon game makes them have a big chunk of 3-4/5+/one maybe 10m sellers.
I’m gonna guess it’ll be Mario Party for an October release given the previous entries, and a 2D Zelda (remake or new) for the holiday season. As a possible bonus, make Metroid Prime 2 and 3 ports, with one being a shadowdrop and the other being a September release. I’d love to see WW and TP HD come to Switch but I’m not incredibly sure how they’d fit that into the schedule.

It would be insane, if it is a Animal Crossing game (remaster or remake) but I don‘t think so
Doesn't necessarily need to be all that 10mil in a swoop, but something with a big splash and even longer legs. I was hoping that Princess Peach Showtime would be this kind of game earlier this year, to get similar numbers to Luigi's Mansion 3.. but I guess you can't put too much stock on a Good-Feel game, huh?

Now... an EPD title like Donkey Kong or a family gathering game like Mario Party could do it.

yukionna292-carlanieva-zelda.jpg
She can't be stopped.

Last edited:
So how convenient are you that the announcement is tomorrow?

I assume you mean confident? I’m starting to waver a bit. Despite a fair amount of smoke for the 18th, some things haven’t been adding up for me, like Pyoro still not dropping more hints or presumably nothing about Nate’s predictions video, unless that’s being shadow dropped or I missed him talking about it. Something just feels a little off to me…

That projections of 13 million Switch units in the FY indicates to me that they indeed have yet at least one big release for this year; something that can do 10 million with their arms tied (and sadly, that's not Prime 4, even in the best circumstances); Legends Z-A sure will do it, but at that point, they already missed the holiday rush to push hardware too.

And technically, from those I mentioned, they'd have just 2 brand new releases announced in the Direct there, while they fill the rest with a remake, ports and a previously announced game.
nah. basic games can by now get them to that number. Switch is still selling schockingly well. And if they have some hammer deals for christmas, i could see them reaching it without heavy hitters.
think about it, switch still haven't had an price cut. Bundle vouchers with it or something like that.
A switch and 2 first party games for the price of a switch would probably be a great deal for many that still don't have one. And if they do it via console registrations with a my nintendo account, then technically they could do it without needing extra packaging or something, just put a sticker on the box and some banners in the stores.

Just got curious, and while this is totally pointless information, here are all the years where Nintendo lacked a 10M seller since the release of the Famicom:

1983, 1986, 1987, 1991, 1994, 1995, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2015

So it's been ~9 years since the last time if this year lacks one.

That projections of 13 million Switch units in the FY indicates to me that they indeed have yet at least one big release for this year; something that can do 10 million with their arms tied (and sadly, that's not Prime 4, even in the best circumstances); Legends Z-A sure will do it, but at that point, they already missed the holiday rush to push hardware too.

And technically, from those I mentioned, they'd have just 2 brand new releases announced in the Direct there, while they fill the rest with a remake, ports and a previously announced game.
I was fully on the holiday 2025 train for Arceus Z-A, but now that I think about it, it coming this FY would give a certain 10m+ seller. Mario Party and DK can probably get to 10m, but aren't as front loaded as Pokémon. Metroid Prime 4 can add another 3-4 million. Zelda remasters I think it depends considering SS HD didn't go a lot further than 4m.

It would be insane, if it is a Animal Crossing game (remaster or remake) but I don‘t think so
Well we are getting a Luigi's Mansion 2 remaster, if any remaster has any chance of doing super big numbers(as in 10m+), it's Animals Crossing New Leaf or OG remaster.
I’m gonna guess it’ll be Mario Party for an October release given the previous entries, and a 2D Zelda (remake or new) for the holiday season. As a possible bonus, make Metroid Prime 2 and 3 ports, with one being a shadowdrop and the other being a September release. I’d love to see WW and TP HD come to Switch but I’m not incredibly sure how they’d fit that into the schedule.
Mario Party + a well marketed 2D Zelda can carry a holiday season, definitely, but I think DK can come alongside those two. I'm still trying to will a 2024 release for MP4 into existence.

Doesn't necessarily need to be all that 10mil in a swoop, but something with a big splash and even longer legs. I was hoping that Princess Peach Showtime would be this kind of game earlier this year, to get similar numbers to Luigi's Mansion 3.. but I guess you can't put too much stock on a Good-Feel game, huh?

Now... an EPD title like Donkey Kong or a family gathering game like Mario Party could do it.
Personaly I think, Luigis Mansion 2 HD will make great sales. Even if many people don‘t like this game, (I don’t get it why 😅) I think overall Nintendo will be happy with the sales of the game. Until now, it is the most looking forward game for me in this year

I hate crap like that. Direct announced? You can say it was a hint. No Direct? Also a hint. I hate things that are so vague that they can retroactively be applied to a bunch of different things. So frustrating - just stirring the pot and getting attention.

Do you all think something related like Nintendo Switch Sports 2 or a new game based on the Wii series of games could appear here? If they don't want to do try their hand at a Mario Party again for this generation, maybe a "Nintendo Switch Party" could work?

I don't think we will see it but I think it's possible!

I hate crap like that. Direct announced? You can say it was a hint. No Direct? Also a hint. I hate things that are so vague that they can retroactively be applied to a bunch of different things. So frustrating - just stirring the pot and getting attention.
but it ain't that deep. If people had an ounce of self-control the nonsense discussion wouldn't happen.

like he definitely seeks attention but this ain't that.

Do you all think something related like Nintendo Switch Sports 2 or a new game based on the Wii series of games could appear here? If they don't want to do try their hand at a Mario Party again for this generation, maybe a "Nintendo Switch Party" could work?

I don't think we will see it but I think it's possible!

I mean we got a 3DS mario party in 2016 and 2017 and still got Super in 2018 on Switch...

I could see a GC MP collection or Superstars 2 for the holidays and we get "Super Mario Party 2" or "Super Special Awesome Choclatey Fudge Coated Mega Super Mario Party" in 2025/2026 for Switch 2.

It's the kind of hint that will be understood for sure once we see the direct. If we actually get a Bandai DK game then it makes perfect sense.

If there is no Direct on the 18th Pyoro will retweet the bog-standard scheduled marketing tweet from Nintendo's account on that day with the comment "is this a direct"

I believe it would be funny if Pyoro just tweeted the single thing and nothing else. Not even when the direct is announced officially. Ive reached the point where paranoia has become fun to watch

It's the kind of hint that will be understood for sure once we see the direct. If we actually get a Bandai DK game then it makes perfect sense.
You know, since you brought up Bandai DK, what if that rumored EPD DK title got some assistance from Bandai Namco during development like with Mario Kart 8 (Deluxe)?

"If you can guess what the title is gonna be, by the way this game will actually start, as a matter of fact this screen also brings back memories for me as well. I'm sure it does for some of you and I'm sure you're dating yourself by saying that you remember. I don't if you remeber this particular opening, this was actually on the original N64 game as well when it was loading the game. Of course, I'm not a very good player even there. Game is powered by Namco, its Diddy Kong Racing!

Diiiiiiiiddy Kong Racing, remember that one?"

"If you can guess what the title is gonna be, by the way this game will actually start, as a matter of fact this screen also brings back memories for me as well. I'm sure it does for some of you and I'm sure you're dating yourself by saying that you remember. I don't if you remeber this particular opening, this was actually on the original N64 game as well when it was loading the game. Of course, I'm not a very good player even there. Game is powered by Namco, its Diddy Kong Racing!

Diiiiiiiidyy Kong Racing, remember that one?"
"So here's this giant enemy koopa.....and you attack its weak point for massive damage."

So thought, what if Star Fox got a revival as a partnered game developed by the Starlink team? Not inherently like that tho, more it’s own thing

So how confident are you that the announcement is tomorrow?
It’s without a doubt the most likely date, and there’s so much evidence pointing towards it that I’d be foolish to not consider and already plan a hangout to watch it… but I’m a pessimist, and after February, I could totally see a world where tomorrow ain’t it (may I remind everyone that Nate never said the 18th and his hint only refers to the coming week)

Something just isn't feeling right. It does not feel like we are 15-18 hours away from a Direct announcement. I can't forget all the 18th smoke, but things have just been too quiet still. The chaos here tomorrow if we come and go without the announcement will be wild...

Something just isn't feeling right. It does not feel like we are 15-18 hours away from a Direct announcement. I can't forget all the 18th smoke, but things have just been too quiet still. The chaos here tomorrow if we come and go without the announcement will be wild...
I don’t things are chaotic like they used to be in the past. Brazil said it’s Tuesday. Makes sense to happen on Tuesday or Thursday this week with Juneteenth or n Wednesday.

Nate did his poll and that’s our hint from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom