• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

People are so obsessed with insiders; just sit back and relax.

If they are right? Cool. If they are not, who cares.

I've never seen The Office. What's the joke/reference here?
The character on the right is presumably getting credit for something they did on complete accident, if it relates to your poll.

People latched on to your poll because the option for the upcoming week said "It's the week of June 17-22", to which you afterwards said "it's just a poll and the LFG is a coincidence". The relation between that and the Office meme is supposedly that even if you weren't hinting at the oncoming week with the poll, you got it right anyway with the way you phrased the poll option for the oncoming week.

I don't care if they have a source or not, when they spread a piece of information out if they don't make it clear to others that it's speculation or a leak I'd think he's just using the leak to suck up internet influence. I would just be extremely skeptical of a media person or information that I can't prove credibility.

I agree that's how leakers generally behave and I don't like it either, but I've never seen Brazil do that ever. He's always upfront whether he has info or not, whether what he's saying is speculation or not, and when he's sure about something he just says it.

Pyoro translation: where Nintendo Direct

Nindai- Japanese contraction of NINtendo DAIrekuto

Doko- where

The lack of a “desu” or a question particle “ka” makes it sound very caveman like (basic minimal grammar)

TLDR: that “where x” meme, but Japanese

So instead of a leaker speaking broken English we now have a leaker speaking broken Japanese?

He said he had info a long time back. He just won’t talk about it.
Well, indeed, he was speculating on the game coming by late 2023 or early 2024, it might've been informed speculation(considering Emily said it was aiming for 2023 by 2021), so it makes sense it was aiming for that slot for the time Metroid Prime Remastered was shadow dropped.

But he didn't say 2025 was informed speculation or anything of the sort, he just said he agrees on the 2025 date that another user guessed. I don't think we should take everything he says as a hint or a leak when he's a member on forums and he can just... Speculate like all of us are doing.
I don't care if they have a source or not, when they spread a piece of information out if they don't make it clear to others that it's speculation or a leak I'd think he's just using the leak to suck up internet influence. I would just be extremely skeptical of a media person or information that I can't prove credibility.
???
He literally never did that. Maybe it's because the videos are in Portuguese and sites and people on Twitter read the titles or misinterpret things and pass as if he was saying that. But he literally always says what he's heard and what he's guessing.
That's the problem, I need a reason to believe that Brazil's claim of an internal delay was preceded by an internally set release date of 2024, and that all the information was completely leaked by Brazil itself subsequently amending its own claims, I need proof.
He has made clear his reasoning for the Q1 2025 is because third party developers who previously were given the window of late 2024 to get their games ready for Switch 2 launch started getting notice that the window was now Q1 2025.
Major outlets all followed with reports corroborating the exact same thing like the following day.

I could selfishly do with the Direct on Tuesday as I’ve been super sick the past week so it would be nice to have something to look forward to soon 🥲 It’s assuring the bird has spoken in a way, hopefully it’ll be a “and there it is!” scenario if Nintendo post an announcement tomorrow

Well, indeed, he was speculating on the game coming by late 2023 or early 2024, it might've been informed speculation(considering Emily said it was aiming for 2023 by 2021), so it makes sense it was aiming for that slot for the time Metroid Prime Remastered was shadow dropped.

But he didn't say 2025 was informed speculation or anything of the sort, he just said he agrees on the 2025 date that another user guessed. I don't think we should take everything he says as a hint or a leak when he's a member on forums and he can just... Speculate like all of us are doing.
Don't want to speak for Dark Cloud, but what I think they're referring to is Nate said he knew details about the game, but he didn't share.

It was me who asked him if he knew anything. I didn't want to know the info, just that he had it, and Nate said he had heard some stuff.

We left it at that. Don't want Nate to get in trouble.

I think I got my guesses to complement this semester;

June - Luigi's Mansion 2;
July - Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition;
August - Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War;
September - Twilight Princess HD and/or Wind Waker HD (digital first, physical later);
October - Metroid Prime 4;
November - 2D Donkey Kong;
December - New Mario Party

maybe HAL announces some Kirby game like a 3DS port or another smaller digital title too

-- then Pokémon Legends Z-A is late January; we won't be getting a February game as they start gears for the Switch 2 launch.

Don't want to speak for Dark Cloud, but what I think they're referring to is Nate said he knew details about the game, but he didn't share.

It was me who asked him if he knew anything. I didn't want to know the info, just that he had it, and Nate said he had heard some stuff.

This. I’m not talking about the year Metroid Prime 4 will release. He said he had actual information on the game itself. Nothing more was discussed on the info he had on the game.

September - Twilight Princess HD and/or Wind Waker HD (digital first, physical later);

maybe HAL announces some Kirby game like a 3DS port or another smaller digital title too

-- then Pokémon Legends Z-A is late January; we won't be getting a February game as they start gears for the Switch 2 launch.
i expect a smaller game in august, no zelda ports, and FE earliest september.
Not sure about 2D Donkey Kong. But yeah, the rest of the yea will be low key but fine for many... (not so much me, but i accepted that the moment the behind the scenes delay was leaked).

Oh, now I got it!! I thought it was on the light of the 2025 post, not information in general. Thanks for clarifying

That would be a legendary last year for Switch!!!
I think we'll get 1 or 2 of MP, MP4 and DK but not all of them, but all of this is reasonable imo. Maybe even more reasonable because not having a megaton tentpole like Wonder or a Pokémon game makes them have a big chunk of 3-4/5+/one maybe 10m sellers.
This. I’m not talking about the year Metroid Prime 4 will release. He said he had actual information on the game itself. Nothing more was discussed on the info he had on the game.
I'm sorry if it came out as me doubting or anything, I just thought it was about the 2025 discussion of the Era post. But tbh I'm glad he's not sharing the info he has. We'll be absolutely blown away when we see it, caught by surprise just like Dread(we knew 2D Metroid was coming, but not that it was Dread revived nor any details). MPR would be absolutely shocking had we not get many details on it being a full asset remake.

Has Nate mentioned anything about recording his Direct predictions other than the Twitter poll? Unless that is surprise-dropped tomorrow… the timing feels off.

Btw if Pyoro wanted to just ask where is the direct he could have done it earlier. He doesn't post randomly, the fact that he posted today is a strong hint it's this week.

That would be a legendary last year for Switch!!!
I think we'll get 1 or 2 of MP, MP4 and DK but not all of them, but all of this is reasonable imo. Maybe even more reasonable because not having a megaton tentpole like Wonder or a Pokémon game makes them have a big chunk of 3-4/5+/one maybe 10m sellers.
That projections of 13 million Switch units in the FY indicates to me that they indeed have yet at least one big release for this year; something that can do 10 million with their arms tied (and sadly, that's not Prime 4, even in the best circumstances); Legends Z-A sure will do it, but at that point, they already missed the holiday rush to push hardware too.

And technically, from those I mentioned, they'd have just 2 brand new releases announced in the Direct there, while they fill the rest with a remake, ports and a previously announced game.

not even a sure hint that its this week?
An Among Us update trailer set for the 18th was accidentally posted early by Gamespot last week and another multi-plat game got its Playstation trophy achievements leaked which indicates a shadowdrop announcement, but that’s about it.

That projections of 13 million Switch units in the FY indicates to me that they indeed have yet at least one big release for this year; something that can do 10 million with their arms tied (and sadly, that's not Prime 4, even in the best circumstances); Legends Z-A sure will do it, but at that point, they already missed the holiday rush to push hardware too.

And technically, from those I mentioned, they'd have just 2 brand new releases announced in the Direct there, while they fill the rest with a remake, ports and a previously announced game.
It would be insane, if it is a Animal Crossing game (remaster or remake) but I don‘t think so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom