• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t wait for Metroid Prime 4 to be shown so that I can stop being so obsessive over leaks. I wasn’t like this before that game was announced.

I’ll still follow leaks, but I’ll be a lot more relaxed and go with the flow.

I don't know how I'm misrepresenting Brazil, or I can't find any evidence that he has any credibility other than his claim of switch2 delays.

The leak culture is just too boring.
you misrepresented him just last week in the hardware thread. Again I'm just saying you don't seem to follow what he says so what really is the point of this lol.
I don't care if they have a source or not, when they spread a piece of information out if they don't make it clear to others that it's speculation or a leak I'd think he's just using the leak to suck up internet influence. I would just be extremely skeptical of a media person or information that I can't prove credibility.
how do you know he doesn't make it clear?

you misrepresented him just last week in the hardware thread. Again I'm just saying you don't seem to follow what he says so what really is the point of this lol.
That's a very strange accusation, the truth is I don't want the whole message to be to be led by the nose by these media people who can't prove their credibility, when Brazil said switch2 was delayed, when did Nintendo announce a release date please? No release date was announced why would Brazil consider it a delay? If these leakers and media outlets have taken it upon themselves to set a release date for the switch2 and Nintendo didn't follow through with it is a "delay", is the entire information dissemination and discussion being led by the nose by these media outlets?

I can’t wait for Metroid Prime 4 to be shown so that I can stop being so obsessive over leaks. I wasn’t like this before that game was announced.

I’ll still follow leaks, but I’ll be a lot more relaxed and go with the flow.

After obsessing over leaks for years, it's likely because a part of you.

The biggest plot twist would be Pyoro being a higher up Nintendo person, and casually appears during the Direct announcing new games.

That's a very strange accusation, the truth is I don't want the whole message to be to be led by the nose by these media people who can't prove their credibility, when Brazil said switch2 was delayed, when did Nintendo announce a release date please? No release date was announced why would Brazil consider it a delay? If these leakers and media outlets have taken it upon themselves to set a release date for the switch2 and Nintendo didn't follow through with it is a "delay", is the entire information dissemination and discussion being led by the nose by these media outlets?
Brasil has 5 different sources and they talk to him about what is under the curtains. Nintendo set a possible date for 2024 and let devs know it for then prepare their games and even choose dates to release it. The delay he is talking about is Nintendo talking to the companies they will put the launch further, not a public delay but a inside one.

No not a strange accusation at all. You connected him to a post that said insiders had suggested switch 2 games would've been announced by now. This was during SGF last week. When in fact he never said that. He literally said he is aware of multiplatform games for switch 2 that will be announced in the second half of this year. In fact, when you were corrected with a video of what he said he made every effort to use the words "I think," or "I know" or "this isn't a leak" and then said something.

As for the delay stuff. We've had that argument before. I'm not interested in replaying February talking points. You either believe they heard from 3rd party dev sources they were told about a delay or not. Arguing about it 4 months later with no real new information is pointless.

i think it might be a double entendre, asking where the direct is while also hinting at donkey kong. seems like a pyoroesque thing to do

are u guys over analyzing pyoros tweet again lmao its just him saying wheres the direct. dunno why he said that cause he already knows...
This is the same leaker who hinted at the thousand year door by saying “what will close the direct”. This wouldn’t be the craziest thing he’s done

i think it might be a double entendre, asking where the direct is while also hinting at donkey kong. seems like a pyoroesque thing to do
Damn....that's

banana's

"Edit: I know nothing of a new DK game I'm just making a pun for now so no DM's thanks"

That's the problem, I need a reason to believe that Brazil's claim of an internal delay was preceded by an internally set release date of 2024, and that all the information was completely leaked by Brazil itself subsequently amending its own claims, I need proof.
While I do agree many of Brazil's and Necro's claims still haven't come true and thus cannot be used to determine their credibility, no one believes the Switch 2 was delayed internally only because of Brazil. Brazil broke the news and then other more credible outlets started reporting on it and got their own sources to check things and they agreed, so Brazil is right here. You're not going to get hard, physical proof like an internal memo saying the Switch 2's launch was moved to 2025. The fact that other, more credible outlets and insiders agree should be enough to convince you. If it isn't, I don't know why you bother following leaks in the first place because you'll never be convinced by anything other than something like the once-in-a-lifetime NVidia leak.

I hare that this is somewhat plausible lol
Did you say hare?
hqdefault.jpg

That's the problem, I need a reason to believe that Brazil's claim of an internal delay was preceded by an internally set release date of 2024, and that all the information was completely leaked by Brazil itself subsequently amending its own claims, I need proof.
There were several publishers putting out articles about how surprised and disappointed developers were about the 2025 date, saying it was a change in what they had been told to expect. It wasn't just Brazil saying that, Brazil was simply the first. And if an insider says "hey I heard this thing" and then a bunch of industry mags start sharing stories later that say the same thing, it's somewhat of a safe bet to say that first person has some sources (or that multiple industry mags are making up stories based on what one dude on Famiboards said and masking it as direct developer conversation, which I doubt).

Plus when the Partner Direct from earlier in the year got delayed, he was the first to nail down the new date, just like he was the first to nail down the date for the next one. He was right last time, and we'll see if he's right this next time.

Regarding what you had said earlier about how you can't find where he's given much info, as far as I've read his reputation was already pretty known and trusted before he joined Fami, so if you're just looking at his posts here then that's probably not the whole story.

Either way, at least he's not a punk and doesn't dominate the discussion. I understand your frustration with insider culture (I myself have expressed frustration with a couple of them) but Brazil's a nice dude at least and so far his batting average from what I've seen is pretty decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom